/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jimas 2006

Rabi'ya
03-14-2006, 02:44 PM

:sl:

Jimas this year has been announced. InshAllah i am going with my hubby and hope to share a room with some other sisters.

This is a worthwhile event - I went last year and it was truly amazing. I learnt alot.

www.jimas.org

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mizan_aliashraf
03-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Salam
Jazakillah Khayr sis for the reminder. I went to the one 2 years ago and it was very good mashallah. Unfortunately ill be at the Umar ibn al-Khattab conference so i cant go
Wassalam

The Ruler
03-14-2006, 02:55 PM
awwwww!!! id soooo much love to go but i dunno bout ma parents :'( :'( :'( :'(

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-16-2006, 09:51 AM
hmm... sohaib hassan and hamza yusuf....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
03-28-2006, 08:47 AM
**bump**

Umm Yoosuf
03-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

This year i think i might just pass. During last year it wasn't really benefical however the experience was awesome- so many Muslim's, the islamic environment and the sister/brotherhood- nice! I liked it all! But i didn't like many of the speakers.

To all those going make sure what you learn is from Quran and Sunnah and take FOOD with you and some CASH!

Wasalaam

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
lol yeahhh. The food isnt too nice. I think i'll bring some money for food. Yeah i don't like what sohaib hassan said a couple of times. Like; there isn't jihad anymore, and; a woman can show her hair to her fiance.... which is from a DA'EEF hadith.:heated:

mizan_aliashraf
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
lol... i'm not too fond of sohaib hassan:sister:. Got weird views:giggling:.

Salam
Since you mentioned it, neither am i. Im not fond of either Suhaib Hasan or Hamza Yusuf. I dont like their views and neither do my teachers
But Allahu-Aa'lam
Wassalam

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Yes, Allah knows best.

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Salaam

sohaib hassan said a couple of times. Like; there isn't jihad anymore
who is this brother and what evidence has he used to prove this point.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
his evidence was that he doesn't want to scare people....

AhlaamBella
03-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Alhamdulilah! :D :D :D
Me and my family go EVERY year! Woohoo! lol sorry.

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
his evidence was that he doesn't want to scare people....
Salaam

If the leactures are making claims like that then prehaps people shouldn't go.

AhlaamBella
03-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I really enjoy Sohaib Hassen's lectures. I've never heard him say anything that's not right. He makes me laugh aswell. lol.

Sister_6038
03-29-2006, 05:21 PM
i wish my family were more into going to events like this....i have to make a big fuss just to be able to go to talks locally....hmmmpft....

Muhammad
03-29-2006, 05:38 PM

It is not a good idea to speak about people who have more knowledge than ourselves. It's also very easy to misunderstand something, or state something which someone did not hear directly, and pass it on as false information. So it might be the case that Sh. Suhaib Hasan did not mean what you think he did; have you tried clarifying it with him or anyone else?

A quick look at his biography indicates to me that he is a very knowledgable brother and deserves to be respected. Speaking about him on a forum or anyone else for that matter will not help very much.

Sheikh Suhaib Hasan Abdul Ghaffar, born in India but brought up and educated in Pakistan. After completing Islamic and Arabic studies (Fadil Arabic, 1960) and English language studies (B.A. 1962), he joined the newly-set-up Islamic University at Madinah, Saudi Arabia for higher studies in the faculty of Sharia. Here he studied under a galaxy of prominent scholars such as Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Baz, Muhammad Amin al-Shanqiti, Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani and later his father Sheikh Abdul Ghaffar Hasan. After graduating in 1966, he began his career as a teacher and worker in Islamic Dawa at Nairobi, Kenya on behalf of Darul Ifta. In 1976, he moved to London where he engaged in Islamic Dawa especially through the forum of Al-Quran Society. Currently he is the chairman of Masjid & Madrasah al-Tawhid Trust and Secretary of the Islamic Sharia Council of Great Britain. SOURCE
Jazakallahu Khayr

Umm Yoosuf
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
^^ Masha Allah.

Assalaamu Alaikum

Sheikh Suhaib Hasan is a very good sheikh. I liked the talks he did at Jimas, he was one of the best speakers. I suggest people attend the masjid he runs, At-Tawheed. The people their are upon Qur'an and Sunnah.

If you are unsure about a sheikh's opinions or idea's, and you think they are not upon Qur'an and Sunnah, then at least do research, find this out from them! Enquire to find out from them not from people's speech's.

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Salaam

Ok fair enough so do any of you guys know his view on jihad.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I heard what he said with my own ears. And it's kind of hard to misinterpret 'there isn't ant jihad today *smiles*. *long pause* I am an old man and people are already scared of me, so I don't want to say anything to scare anyone."
Everyone just looked around at each other and where like... 'huh?'
Fair enough, he's learned, but we shouldn't follow sheikhs and scholars to the point that we believe every word they say without even questioning it.
Oh yeah, and masjid at-tawheed is a nice masjid true. Been there before.
Allah knows best.

Umm Yoosuf
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Sister when he said 'there isn't any jihad today"...what did he mean it by? Did mean to say don't go for Jihad or people are not actively taking part in Jihad according to Qur’an and Sunnah?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Someoen was asking if it's fardh to go to jihad i think, and he said there isn't any jihad... i'm sure the context is quite clear. Allahu a'lam.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2006, 02:11 PM
its funny if a brother in islam next door to us was gettin attacked we would run in there kitchen knives in hand ready to defend but if its someone in another country we chill.

Allah giv us all strength to help our brothers!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Ameen!

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Salam
Ameen
Ameen
Ameen
Wassalam

Rabi'ya
04-02-2006, 11:58 AM
there are many speakers going and its not compulsory to go to every lecture.

Of course i think its good to listent o differnet points of view - doesnt mean we HAVE to agree with them tho.

There are somespeakers which i like and some which i dont, but overall the experience and knowledge you gain whilst there is well worth it.

Allahu Alim

AhlaamBella
04-02-2006, 07:30 PM
well said sis!
i'm always inviting everyone to it. lol

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-03-2006, 11:42 AM
true.... well said Rabo!:D

Rabi'ya
04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Tickets are now available alhamdulillah - I cant wait to get my ticket inshAllah

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah... i really hope we can go together. I'm not sure if ruks or aisha wanna come though. My bro is a cheapskate and can't be bothered to pay... blimey. WHY DO I HAVE TO RELY ON THESE PEOPLE???:'(

M.B
07-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Jimas is very good i live in leicester and for th past 2\3 years i've been attending it. I believe this year it will be held in leicester again.I will be comin
inshallah.

Abu Eesa
08-02-2006, 03:34 AM
assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatUllahi wa barakatuh.

May Allah honour and increase shaikh suhaib hasan in serving Him the Most High, and may Allah guide those who try and belittle a noble scholar such as shaikh suhab hasan, the arabs say if you want to become famous then urinate in the zamzam!

my noble sister umm saheed why don't you mention what tariq ramadan said?

Those who wish to verify what shaikh suhaib said please purchase the CD from jimas and listen to it and then you can ask the shaikh to explain himself if what the sister said is correct.
May Allah guide us all to seek His pleasure and may He make us sincere in His worship, ameen.

AhlaamBella
08-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Salaam,

Alhamdulilah! The conference was an amazing turn-out! Did anyone attend?

aamirsaab
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
I attended. The lectures were great.

AhlaamBella
08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Did you go to the Marital arts lecture by Dr. Hesham Al-Awadi? Subhanallah that was really enjoyable!

seeker_of_ilm
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM

So thats what was at Leicester Uni when I was going past in my car. I noticed lots of muslims...and banners saying Jimas...but I didn't know of it :( until now lol. I just noticed the thread now.

Oh well

AhlaamBella
08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I've been going every year for 5yrs now alhamdulilah. The environment is wonderful.

Brother_Mujahid
08-29-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baby_Pearl
I've been going every year for 5yrs now alhamdulilah. The environment is wonderful.
thats fantastic

Rabi'ya
08-30-2006, 02:16 PM

ur all so lucky to have been able to go...i was unable to go last minute :( oh well, next year inshallah :)

AhlaamBella
08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Inshallah. You will be able to get the lectures from the net soon inshallah.

Brother_Mujahid
08-31-2006, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baby_Pearl
Inshallah. You will be able to get the lectures from the net soon inshallah.
yes i can't wait till they upload them. hopefully the wait will not be long..

btw fyi theres this buzzing thread on Islamic network on the jimas conference...... heres the link http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showt...4401#post94401

come join the buzz :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-31-2006, 04:03 PM
My brother went, he said it was amazing. InshaAllah i'll be able to go next year.

:wasalamex

AhlaamBella
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
oh sis he is right! It's a brilliant place to be.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
Since you mentioned it, neither am i. Im not fond of either Suhaib Hasan or Hamza Yusuf. I dont like their views and neither do my teachers
But Allahu-Aa'lam
Wassalam
wasn't sohaib hasan the student of sh. albaani
whats wrong with him anywayz?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.