/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and raped woman

Smok
03-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Could You explain me why in many islamic countries raped women are killed by their family because of "destroying the honor of family". I read many terrible articles in polish newspapers about girls who were raped and later killed by their brothers because "they were shame for family". It is crazy :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
itsme01
03-15-2006, 11:16 PM
This "Honour Killing" exists not in Islam rather in few sub-continental societies. Therefore it has nothing to do with Islam, rather the Culture of that region.

Ghazi
03-15-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
This "Honour Killing" exists not in Islam rather in few sub-continental societies. Therefore it has nothing to do with Islam, rather the Culture of that region.
Salaam

Well said bro, The problem is people often merge the two and non-muslims get confused and think it's in the deen.

Genius
03-15-2006, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
Stop dumping this on Indopakis it happens everywhere, infact most cases happen in Jordan/Egypt places like that, stop sidestepping the issue and answer the question.

In Islamic countries victims of rape are often killed and treated like criminals....please address the issue at hand.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Issa
03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smok
Could You explain me why in many islamic countries raped women are killed by their family because of "destroying the honor of family". I read many terrible articles in polish newspapers about girls who were raped and later killed by their brothers because "they were shame for family". It is crazy :/
:sl: ,

This horrible thing has nothing to do with religion and all to do with culture. It is unfortunate.

Issa
03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Stop dumping this on Indopakis it happens everywhere, infact most cases happen in Jordan/Egypt places like that, stop sidestepping the issue and answer the question.

In Islamic countries victims of rape are often killed and treated like criminals....please address the issue at hand.

Salaamz,

Brother, I think he did answer it. It still has to do with the people and not the religion. It happens to be in an Islamic country but it isn't because of Islam (you being Muslim should know this). The men in these coutries may think they are justified. They may even think they are backed by the Quran. I live in America and the KKK thinks that the Bible backs them up and that is also false.
Islam is perfect. We are not.

seek.learn
03-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Salaam o alaikum wa rahmatullah

AllahuAlim (Allah knows All)

In Islam, Justice is to be maintained no matter what. When Injustice is done Against a female, the only reason they have to kill her is their "Honor". No where is it said to kill, or punish, for 'honor'. That in itself dislodges the whole concept from Islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by Issa
Islam is perfect. We are not.
Very True.

May Allah guide our ummah and forgive us. May we live upon what we claim. Aameen.

AllahuAlim

Alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

anis_z24
03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Salam
How lower can the Son of Adam take himself down.
I understand a man might me attracted to a Women but rape!
Obviously not Islamic teaching

ShoRoUk.h.
03-16-2006, 01:29 AM
ok... honor killings is not from islam in fact in islam if u are raped u do not get any sins for it is something taht is not in ur hands
Genius
jordan/egypt ?? well yes it does happen there but it also hapens ALOT !! IN pakistan and and India in fact it is more in pakistan that it is in egypt ....

as u see in egypt now wat happens is wen a girl gets raped they report it to the police and so the guy gets jailed ... then the parents feel satisfied...

also now because egypt is alhamdullah filled with mnay educated people and such the case of honor killings has decreased...

honor killings though is more popular among girls who have committed adultery in this case she was willing and so they kill her..

u would find honor killings in the places or rather countries that are not educated well enough to relize that duuuuuuuuh! if she was raped its not her fault....

but again its not from islam like i said in this there is no sin for her in the raped case

Smok
03-16-2006, 10:26 AM
OK I understand now. So Quran doesn't say anything about killing raped women and it is just effect of "culture"?

itsme01
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
^ Thats correct.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-16-2006, 03:43 PM
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...&main_cat_id=6

renak
03-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Why do primarily islamic countries allow honor killings to continue? If honor killings are cultural, opposed to islamic, it looks like people versed in the Quran would work harder to stop such horrific actions. Does this just boil down to lack of education, and people being unaware of the true meaning of islam?

itsme01
03-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Does this just boil down to lack of education, and people being unaware of the true meaning of islam?
^ very much so.
-------
Like i stated earlier that this occurs in sub-continent. Some of People who read Quran do not comprehend it since it is in arabic language. At the same time, lack of Educational Institutions, Corruption, and Lawlessness - leads the people into further error.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-21-2006, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
Why do primarily islamic countries allow honor killings to continue? If honor killings are cultural, opposed to islamic, it looks like people versed in the Quran would work harder to stop such horrific actions. Does this just boil down to lack of education, and people being unaware of the true meaning of islam?
Yes, it also has to do with people feeling culture comes no.1. Honour killing are absud to one who has read the biography of the prophet (SAW), or actually understands the Qur'an.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.