/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What kind of muslim are you?

solid_snake
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM
http://www.beliefnet.com/section/qui...7&surveyID=108

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
03-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Just a plain Muslim. Whosoever says There is no God but Allah, Muhammad the messenger of Allah are Muslims too.

Human cannot decide who goes to hell who goes to heaven. Only God can decide.

Muezzin
03-16-2006, 09:24 AM
So according to that, I'm a.... Progressive Muslim? Oh dear.

'You are a devout believer in God, and Islam is your direct path to Him. You understand Islam mainly through your intellect. You probably interpret Islam historically and might believe that ijtihad should be reopened. You have probably gone through years of questioning to come to the understanding of Islam that you have now. You might receive criticism for what are perceived as your open views.'

aakhirah
03-16-2006, 09:41 AM
:sl:

According to this survey, I'm a traditional Muslim.

"You are steadfast in your religion. The Qur’an plays a role in your daily life as a Muslim. You also look to the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) as a way to determine how to live your life. You are constantly aware of your religious beliefs and are likely to spend time thinking of the larger Muslim Ummah and how to create more unity within it."

This pretty much sums up my attitude to Islam (alHamdulillah) so I'm not complaining...

:w:

A.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Hello solid-snake

Well according to the survey i have just attempted I am a Progressive Muslim.

"You are a devout believer in God, and Islam is your direct path to Him. You understand Islam mainly through your intellect. You probably interpret Islam historically and might believe that ijtihad should be reopened. You have probably gone through years of questioning to come to the understanding of Islam that you have now. You might receive criticism for what are perceived as your open views."

With the help of Allah Ta'ala I shall succeed in becoming a proper Muslim female.

Goodbye
Shakirah

Halima
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM

Thread moved please post topics in the right section.

Rabi'ya
03-16-2006, 04:01 PM
You are a traditional Muslim.
You are steadfast in your religion. The Qur’an plays a role in your daily life as a Muslim. You also look to the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) as a way to determine how to live your life. You are constantly aware of your religious beliefs and are likely to spend time thinking of the larger Muslim Ummah and how to create more unity within it.

Rabi'ya:rose:

itsme01
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
dont need some survey to tell me that what Kind of Muslim i am.

ps: I am one of a Kind ;D

jokes aside, Catagorising Muslims....I am not very much fond of that. A Muslim is a Muslim - There is no other way of following Islam, Either you follow it correctly or you do not.

[3:103] You shall hold fast to the rope of GOD, all of you, and do not be divided.

Jazka'Allah Khair

Kittygyal
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Just a plain Muslim. Whosoever says There is no God but Allah, Muhammad the messenger of Allah are Muslims too.

Human cannot decide who goes to hell who goes to heaven. Only God can decide.

that is so true bro i agree with you :happy: :happy:

we should only fear our lord and NO one else...

take care

IbnAbdulHakim
03-18-2006, 08:02 PM
im the type of muslim who only Allah can judge. When i do good deeds i fear whether or not they get accepted. Everytime i pray i get scared and try harder thinking what if its not getting accepted!
And to be honest i cant think of many good things to say to my Lord on the day of Qiyamat (judgement),
Only Allah will decide what kind of muslim i am... and inshaAllah he will find somethin good about me to forbid the fire for me (I HOPE PLZ PRAY FOR ME), for:

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 28:
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:

Some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, "Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?" We replied, "No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire)." The Prophet then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son."

(sahih bukhari)

subhanAllah... look at Allahs mercy :)... may he have mercy on us all!!!

smile
03-25-2006, 04:36 PM
A progressive muslim

Safa
03-26-2006, 02:57 AM
"You are a traditional Muslim."

You are steadfast in your religion. The Qur’an plays a role in your daily life as a Muslim. You also look to the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) as a way to determine how to live your life. You are constantly aware of your religious beliefs and are likely to spend time thinking of the larger Muslim Ummah and how to create more unity within it.

NahidSarvy
05-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I took the quiz but the results page is broken.
Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'Beliefnet.dll_20060503' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Guess I won't know until later...

syilla
05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
dunno y i cannot open the page...

it is true we r not the one to judge...

but maybe we can 'mahasabah' or think back what type of muslim we really are... and hopefully we can try to 'restore' or change ourselves...in the area that we really need to change...

InsyaAllah....

786rani
05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
thanx. according to this site i am a progressive muslim.
rani

------
05-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Welll I scored 53/60

Yup, thats pretty much it :D

Sunflower
05-03-2006, 06:49 PM
according 2 this im a traditional muslim - :)

extinction
05-04-2006, 03:26 AM
You are steadfast in your religion. The Qur’an plays a role in your daily life as a Muslim. You also look to the sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) as a way to determine how to live your life. You are constantly aware of your religious beliefs and are likely to spend time thinking of the larger Muslim Ummah and how to create more unity within it. I think this survey is wrong no way am i a proper proper muslim

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-05-2006, 07:42 PM
progressive muslim..

Allahs_slave
05-05-2006, 08:16 PM
[S]Im a progressive muslim! [/S]

habib
05-07-2006, 08:30 AM

lolwatever
05-07-2006, 11:21 AM
And i'm a Muslim Muslim..
whatever to everything else..

Sahraxx
05-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Lol i got 45 1 away from traditional , alhamdulilah i just happy to be a muslim in general
You are a progressive Muslim.
You are a devout believer in God, and Islam is your direct path to Him. You understand Islam mainly through your intellect. You probably interpret Islam historically and might believe that ijtihad should be reopened. You have probably gone through years of questioning to come to the understanding of Islam that you have now. You might receive criticism for what are perceived as your open views.

*noor
05-07-2006, 11:48 PM
i took it and it says i am a progressive Muslim. im not sure exactly what that means.

NJUSA
05-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I find that Beliefnet's quizzes have a conservative bent when it comes to Islam, so if you're what many Muslims would consider "moderate", Beliefnet would probably score you as liberal leaning. Personally, I think that many, including Beliefnet, need to realize that one can be deeply religious and spiritual without being conservative or exclusionary.

akulion
05-09-2006, 01:01 AM
i was half way when i got tired of answering the Q's

such things should be small and simple - this is like a life interview :p

either way - thanks for sharing

Bittersteel
05-09-2006, 01:31 AM
according to myself I am a conservative Non-religious Muslim and a hypocrite.
according to the site:Progressive Muslim

hmm...Shaitan has filled thios site with his menace....it should be avoided..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.