/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children born out of wedloc

virago
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
:sl:

Is there a hadith stating that children born out of wedlock will not enter Paradise?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
i'm not sure about the hadith regarding this situation..but surely the child is not to blame for their parents sins..so they must have an equal chance of entering paradise as everyone else, depending on their deeds..but Allah:arabic2: knows best..
:w:

Snowflake
03-16-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by virago

Is there a hadith stating that children born out of wedlock will not enter Paradise?

Allah is fair and just to all His creation. He does not punish anyone for the sin's of another, let alone innocent children. To be aware of Allah's fairness, is to know the answer to such questions.

virago
03-16-2006, 09:44 PM

I asked this question because I recall reading a reference to such a hadith in a book by Ibn al-Qayyim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
irsha
03-17-2006, 02:08 PM
I cannot immagine a fair God punishing people for anything their parents have done

- Qatada -
03-17-2006, 02:15 PM

I asked this question because I recall reading a reference to such a hadith in a book by Ibn al-Qayyim.

:salamext:

If you can find the source, that would be really useful. But i got a strong feeling it may be fabricated or you may not have understood it properly.

There are many ayah/verses and ahadith to support the fact that a soul is only responsible for its own actions.

One of the most solid ayah to support this is in surah najm (53)

"That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another. And that man can have nothing but what he does (of good and bad). And that his deeds will be seen, Then he will be recompensed with a full and the best recompense [fair] "
(Quran 53:38-41)

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam.
(and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:wasalamex

mahuruf
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
:sl:I asked this question because I recall reading a reference to such a hadith in a book by Ibn al-Qayyim.
I too heard about it.

Salaam

virago
03-18-2006, 12:30 PM

Well, there is a slight possibility that I have misunderstoof what Ibn al-Qayyim said.

What he said in Arabic is:

لا يدخل الجنة ولد زنية

which I understood to mean that children born out of wedlock will not enter Paradise.

- Qatada -
03-18-2006, 12:46 PM
:wasalamex

I strongly think you misunderstood the hadith, because its contradicting whats in the Qur'an.

Its either you misunderstood it, or the hadith may be fabricated/da'eef (weak.) Because unlike the christians, we (as muslims) don't believe in original sin, and no soul bears the burden (sins) of another soul, and every child is born pure/sinless.

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

:salamext:

Musaafirah
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM
here's a passage I came across when reading about Hadhrat Ayesha (Radhiallahu-anha), and I feel that it relates to this thread.

Abu Huraira radiallahu-anhu had given the opinion that an illegitmate issue was the worst of the three viz. himself, his father and his mother. Ayesha Radhiallahu-anha said it was not true. the fact is that a person was a hypocrite and used to speak ill of the Prophet :arabic5: . Somebody said he was a -------. The Prophet :arabic5: said he was worse than his parents. This was a specific case and not a general proposition. Ayesha Radhiallahu-anha recited the verse, 'Nobody bears the burden of another.' The fault was of the parents and not the child.

Ghazi
03-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Salaam

the fact is that a person was a hypocrite and used to speak ill of the Prophet
Who was.

Musaafirah
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Who was.
i meant to type that it was in reference to a person who was a hypocrite..no names were mentioned.. hope that clarifies your question

IbnAbdulHakim
03-29-2006, 03:44 PM
lets put it this way, we dont believe in the "original sin"! No man is responsible for wat a stranger has done similarly a son cannot be responsible for his fathers actions unless he was mature and understanding enough to warn him against such actions... well obviously this isnt the case!

For example if i was to take drugs and my mother knowingly did nothing about it she cud be questioned in the day of judgement but how can an innocent child be help responsible? No transferrance of sins is ridulous in this respect

MetSudaisTwice
03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
salam
may allah protect us from zinah and adultery
wasalam

virago
03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I've done a lil research, and apparently, the authenticity of the hadith is a matter of dispute amongst scholars. And the scholars who have said that it is sahih have interpreted "walad zanyah", which literally means "a child born out of wedlock", as a referral to a person who commits zina so much that s/he has become famous for it. Allahu A'lam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.