/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Grapefruit Lower Your Cholesterol?

Pure
03-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Can Grapefruit Lower Your Cholesterol?

A recent study found that one grapefruit a day can significantly lower your blood cholesterol levels, which are a major risk factor for heart disease.

Red, White, or None

The new study showing this adds to the mounting evidence of the heart benefits of citrus fruits. Nearly 60 patients who recently had coronary bypass surgery were divided into three treatment groups. They were either given red grapefruit, white grapefruit, or no grapefruit along with their meals for a month.

Lower Triglyceride Levels

Patients who ate both red and white grapefruit showed a decrease in blood lipid levels compared to those who ate no grapefruit. Red grapefruit was the most effective in lowering triglycerides, the cholesterol often associated with heart problems.
Red grapefruit has higher levels of antioxidants than white, but it may also contain as yet unknown chemicals responsible for lowering triglycerides.

Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry February 3, 2006

EurekAlert February 15, 2006

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
03-18-2006, 05:07 PM
But I don't like grapefruit! Bleh bleh bleh :p

Seriously though, good post.

afriend
03-18-2006, 05:10 PM
I should tell this 2 my dad and my grandparents....

Altho, my grandad LOVES them.....but they're sooo BITTER

Kittygyal
03-18-2006, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Muezzin;216576]But I don't like grapefruit! Bleh bleh bleh :p
QUOTE]

bro coke is good for you ;D

good information thanks ever so much :thankyou:

take care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pure
03-22-2006, 02:30 AM
a simple solution inshallah, add honey (not the processed sugar) but delicious honey (the Prophet PBUH loved honey) on top of the grape fruit, or take out the grape fruit and mix the pulp with honey and eat it.

Oh and coke is bad for you.. stay away! terrible for the stomach.. and the amount of sugar in it can lead to many diseases.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.