/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is ghusl required for reverts or not?

Abu Omar
03-18-2006, 06:00 PM
:sl:

I thought it could be helpful to know wether ghusl is required for those embracing Islam, i.e after the Shahadah. I'm not 100% sure that ghusl is obligatory to do for reverts after saying the Shahadah. There seems to be two different opinions regarding it.

One is that ghusl is required, I don't remember on exactly what ground, but I think it is because the Prophet (sall'Allaahu aleyhi wa sallam) ordered some of the Sahabah to do ghusl once they became Muslims.

The other view is that it is not required, based on that it is not recorded that all the Sahabah did it once they reverted. However, proponents of the first view say that just because it is not recorded doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Now I would like to know which view that is the strongest (and most correct one). In other words, are people embracing Islam (as well as murtadun returning to Islam) required to do ghusl after their Shahadah or not?

This knowledge could be helpful to us in case people are asking us about Islam and how to enter it, as well as those on this forum considering to revert.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-18-2006, 06:08 PM
:sl:

hmmm....wen Abu Hurairah went home after consulting da Prophet (saw) about his mother's attitude towards islam, he saw his mother having a bath n them she embraced islam.

them there is also the story of one well known companion....he was tied to a pole in the mosque for saying tings against islam or summink lyk dat....n wen he embraced islam, he too had a bath n den said da shadah

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.