/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be a Mirror!

Helena
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
:sl:

It is the duty of a Muslim to keep an eye on the deeds and conduct of fellow Muslims and to try to help them to stay on the straight path. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) enumerated the conditions to be met in the task of advising others:

"Each one of you is like a mirror to the other. You should rectify the wrong you note in him." (Tirmidhi) In another hadith the Prophet said: "Every Muslim serves as another Muslim's mirror. He safeguards his rights in his absence as well." (Abu Dawud) The following norms emerge in light of the above ahadith:

1. One should not look for the lapses and weaknesses of others. For a mirror does not seek defects. Only on coming face to face does a mirror reflect you.

2. One should not be criticised in one's absence. Once again the similitude of the mirror should be kept in mind; it does not reflect someone in absentia.

3. One should not exceed limits in criticising someone else. For a mirror does not magnify or diminish any feature.

4. Criticism should be forthright and free of any ulterior motive. For, once again, a mirror does not entertain any revenge or grudge.

5. One's criticism should be made with sincerity, genuine concern, pain and love. This removes any bitterness caused by criticism. Sincerity in this context signifies one's concern for the ultimate accountability in the Hereafter. One should help a fellow Muslim in order to avoid any punishment for him on the Day of Judgement. Nor should one entertain any superiority complex. Rather, one should take oneself as weaker than and inferior to the person criticised by him. Humility and not arrogance makes mutual care and advice effective.

so r we da mirror?

:w:;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
08-12-2006, 11:21 AM
woah..jus looking through my how many threads i created.....

got no replies on this topic....

inshalah u shud view it....something we surely need and understand as a ummah!

umm-sulaim
08-12-2006, 11:49 AM
MashaAllah thats nice ukhtee, lol kinda sad nowadays if you tell someone their fault they lash out at you....
inshaAllah hope we could all be mirrors for eachother...
wasalaam

Snowflake
08-12-2006, 12:52 PM
lol Helena sis.. ur so impatient :giggling: It was dhuhr time in UK.. so maybe thats why no one replied from here. Dunno abt the others. Neways nice post mashaAllah. But it's true what umm_sulaim said about ppl getting offended - no matter how sincere ur in ur approach.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
lol sis..am not impatient person....i posted this thread long time ago...about a month ago.....got me replies today..alhamdulilah...certainly was long wait......so how can i be imaptient? :p

mlsh27
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Salam, while this is good... I think too many people try and "help" out fellow Muslims in their deen...but I think we should always look inward first. People tend to try and "help" others first because it's easier than having to really look at yourself and admit you need to change yourself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.