/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fair Trade

Persian Chick
03-21-2006, 03:28 PM
What are your opinions on fair trade?...Do you think it would work in helping the nation of developing countries OR do you think its just a 'myth' and that in reality it has many disadvantages and also doesn't accomplish what it is intended to?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
03-21-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Persian Chick
What are your opinions on fair trade?...Do you think it would work in helping the nation of developing countries OR do you think its just a 'myth' and that in reality it has many disadvantages and also doesn't accomplish what it is intended to?
Unfortunately, I think it's the latter. Not because the money doesn't go to the right people, but just because of the simple fact that 'fair trade' products are more expensive than the equivalent. A lot of people simply cannot afford anything other than the cheaper product.

If every product were 'fair trade', we might not have this problem.

The Ruler
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
dis is an intro section sis....i fink u cud try out da basics of islam section :) :) :) :)

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
dis is an intro section sis....i fink u cud try out da basics of islam section :) :) :) :)

:w:
shes introducing fair trade ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.