/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haram or Halal Music..Prove it.

anis_z24
03-22-2006, 04:37 AM
Salam
I have encountered many situations where people tell me music is haram and music is halal

I think that it can be in the middle that where Islam always stands not to the extreme and not weak.

So please show where it says it haram, and please keep your heat on low.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdul Majid
03-22-2006, 04:48 AM
dear brother, asalam alakum

for the record, their are also people that jump off bridges, their are also people that think your not suppose to grow your beard, their are also people that think carring the QURAN around will protect them!!

MAY ALLAH SAVE US FROM ALL EVIL AND MISGUIDED THINGS!! AMEN

HERE IS A HADITH, (SOMETHING THAT THE PROPHET(peace be upon him) SAID.

Volumn 007, Book 069, Hadith Number 494B.
------------------------------------------
Narated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

WAALAKUM ASALAM

abdul Majid
03-22-2006, 04:57 AM
[PIE]Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

“Do you then wonder at this recitation (the Qur’aan)?

And you laugh at it and weep not,

Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”

[al-Najm 53:59-61]
[/PIE]

IF YOU WANT MORE LET ME KNOW BROTHER...
:w:

anis_z24
03-23-2006, 04:22 AM
Salam,
still you dont prove that music is haram.
First of all Abdul Majid if you read the hadith in Arabic(the translation you have is incorrect) it says that music that leads one astray. not music period.
and by the way the Prophet (PBUH) has no power to make anything haram.
Its Allah decision. If you learn from the seerah, you will find that.

-“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

So if there is a Muslim artist or any other artist singing about the truth is that being misguiding.
the translation of the aya is not correct, for the reason that its considering all music to be misleading.

You must see that everything Haram 100% is mentioned in the Quran.
Other wise it depends on the situation, ex Music.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Issa
03-23-2006, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
dear brother, asalam alakum

for the record, their are also people that jump off bridges, their are also people that think your not suppose to grow your beard, their are also people that think carring the QURAN around will protect them!!

MAY ALLAH SAVE US FROM ALL EVIL AND MISGUIDED THINGS!! AMEN

HERE IS A HADITH, (SOMETHING THAT THE PROPHET(peace be upon him) SAID.

Narated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

WAALAKUM ASALAM
:sl: ,

I am reading a book titled The Lawful and The Prohibited in Islam by Yusuf al-Qaradawi and on page 300 they address music. They site al-Bukhari and the state that music, singing, and playing ARE NOT haram... These two different opinions and ahadith to back them are confusing me....

anis_z24
03-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Salam
I have that book in Arabic and in English.
Basically from that page you can summerize that entertainment is Halal except within Islamic boundries.

Ra`eesah
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Note: This forum is one that follows the Qur`aan and authentic Sunnah.

Read it all, Inshaa`Allaah.

Ruling on music, singing and dancing

Question :
I have always heard that music, singing and dancing are haram in Islam. I went to this other site for the first time,XXX, and typed in music and all of these articles appeared which said music,dancing, and singing in Islam is halal??? They said "as long as the 2 sexes are not close together and their is no drinking going on" etc. and they even have hadiths that try to prove our Prophet Muhammed s.a.w was ok with this??? I am very confused now... Could you PLEASE give a full, detailed explanation about the Islamic ruling on music, singing and dancing and when it is allowed, if it is even allowed at all.
Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.
Ma’aazif is the plural of mi’zafah, and refers to musical instruments (Fath al-Baari, 10/55), instruments which are played (al-Majmoo’, 11/577). Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated from al-Jawhari (may Allaah have mercy on him) that ma’aazif means singing. In his Sihaah it says that it means musical instruments. It was also said that it refers to the sound of the instruments. In al-Hawaashi by al-Dimyaati (may Allaah have mercy on him) it says: ma’aazif means drums (dufoof, sing. daff) and other instruments which are struck or beaten (Fath al-Baari, 10/55).
Evidence of prohibition in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:
Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):
“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]
The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing. Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafseer al-Tabari, 21/40).
Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).
Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haraam speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafseer al-Sa’di, 6/150)
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The interpretation of the Sahaabah and Taabi’in, that ‘idle talk’ refers to singing, is sufficient. This was reported with saheeh isnaads from Ibn ‘Abbaas and Ibn Mas’ood. Abu’l-Sahbaa’ said: I asked Ibn Mas’ood about the aayah (interpretation of the meaning), ‘“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks’ [Luqmaan 31:6]. He said: By Allaah, besides Whom there is no other god, this means singing – and he repeated it three times. It was also reported with a saheeh isnaad from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that this means singing. There is no contradiction between the interpretation of “idle talk” as meaning singing and the interpretation of it as meaning stories of the Persians and their kings, and the kings of the Romans, and so on, such as al-Nadr ibn al-Haarith used to tell to the people of Makkah to distract them from the Qur’aan. Both of them are idle talk. Hence Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “Idle talk” is falsehood and singing. Some of the Sahaabah said one and some said the other, and some said both. Singing is worse and more harmful than stories of kings, because it leads to zinaa and makes hypocrisy grow (in the heart); it is the trap of the Shaytaan, and it clouds the mind. The way in which it blocks people from the Qur’aan is worse than the way in which other kinds of false talk block them, because people are naturally inclined towards it and tend to want to listen to it. The aayaat condemn replacing the Qur’aan with idle talk in order to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah without knowledge and taking it as a joke, because when an aayah of the Qur’aan is recited to such a person, he turns his back as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in his ear. If he hears anything of it, he makes fun of it. All of this happens only in the case of the people who are most stubbornly kaafirs and if some of it happens to singers and those who listen to them, they both have a share of this blame. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/258-259).
“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]
It was narrated that Mujaahid (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice” – his voice [the voice of Iblees/Shaytaan] is singing and falsehood. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This idaafah [possessive or genitive construction, i.e., your voice] serves to make the meaning specific, as with the phrases [translated as] “your cavalry” and “your infantry” [later in the same aayah]. Everyone who speaks in any way that is not obedient to Allaah, everyone who blows into a flute or other woodwind instrument, or who plays any haraam kind of drum, this is the voice of the Shaytaan. Everyone who walks to commit some act of disobedience towards Allaah is part of his [the Shaytaan’s] infantry, and anyone who rides to commit sin is part of his cavalry. This is the view of the Salaf, as Ibn ‘Abi Haatim narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas: his infantry is everyone who walks to disobey Allaah. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan).
“Do you then wonder at this recitation (the Qur’aan)?
And you laugh at it and weep not,
Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”
[al-Najm 53:59-61]
‘Ikrimah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that al-sumood [verbal noun from saamidoon, translated here as “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”] means “singing”, in the dialect of Himyar; it might be said “Ismidi lanaa” [‘sing for us’ – from the same root as saamidoon/sumood] meaning “ghaniy” [sing]. And he said (may Allaah have mercy on him): When they [the kuffaar] heard the Qur’aan, they would sing, then this aayah was revealed.
Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning) “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)” – Sufyaan al-Thawri said, narrating from his father from Ibn ‘Abbaas: (this means) singing. This is Yemeni (dialect): ismad lana means ghan lana [sing to us]. This was also the view of ‘Ikrimah. (Tafseer Ibn Katheer).
It was reported from Abu Umaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not sell singing slave women, do not buy them and do not teach them. There is nothing good in this trade, and their price is haraam. Concerning such things as this the aayah was revealed (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…’ [Luqmaan 31:6].” (Hasan hadeeth)
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh, where he quoted it as evidence and stated that it is mu’allaq and majzoom. He said: Chapter on what was narrated concerning those who permit alcohol and call it by another name.
This hadeeth indicates in two ways that musical instruments and enjoyment of listening to music are haraam. The first is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “[they] permit” which clearly indicates that the things mentioned, including musical instruments, are haraam according to sharee’ah, but those people will permit them. The second is the fact that musical instruments are mentioned alongside things which are definitely known to be haraam, i.e., zinaa and alcohol: if they (musical instruments) were not haraam, why would they be mentioned alongside these things? (adapted from al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 1/140-141)
Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This hadeeth indicates that ma’aazif are haraam, and ma’aazif means musical instruments according to the scholars of (Arabic) language. This word includes all such instruments. (al-Majmoo’, 11/535).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: And concerning the same topic similar comments were narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d al-Saa’idi, ‘Imraan ibn Husayn, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas, Abu Hurayrah, Abu Umaamah al-Baahili, ‘Aa’ishah Umm al-Mu’mineen, ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib, Anas ibn Maalik, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Saabit and al-Ghaazi ibn Rabee’ah. Then he mentioned it in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, and it indicates that they (musical instruments) are haraam.
It was narrated that Naafi’ (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Ibn ‘Umar heard a woodwind instrument, and he put his fingers in his ears and kept away from that path. He said to me, O Naafi’, can you hear anything? I said, No. So he took his fingers away from his ears and said: I was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he heard something like this, and he did the same thing. (Saheeh Abi Dawood). Some insignificant person said that this hadeeth does not prove that musical instruments are haraam, because if that were so, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have instructed Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) to put his fingers in his ears as well, and Ibn ‘Umar would have instructed Naafi’ to do likewise! The response to this is: He was not listening to it, but he could hear it. There is a difference between listening and hearing. Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Concerning (music) which a person does not intend to listen to, there is no prohibition or blame, according to scholarly consensus. Hence blame or praise is connected to listening, not to hearing. The one who listens to the Qur’aan will be rewarded for it, whereas the one who hears it without intending or wanting to will not be rewarded for that, because actions are judged by intentions. The same applies to musical instruments which are forbidden: if a person hears them without intending to, that does not matter. (al-Majmoo’, 10/78).
Ibn Qudaamah al-Maqdisi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: the listener is the one who intends to hear, which was not the case with Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both); what happened in his case was hearing. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) needed to know when the sound stopped because he had moved away from that path and blocked his ears. So he did not want to go back to that path or unblock his ears until the noise had stopped, so when he allowed Ibn ‘Umar to continue hearing it, this was because of necessity. (al-Mughni, 10/173)
(Even though the hearing referred to in the comments of the two imaams is makrooh, it was permitted because of necessity, as we will see below in the comments of Imaam Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him). And Allaah knows best).
The views of the scholars (imaams) of Islam
Al-Qaasim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Singing is part of falsehood. Al-Hasan (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: if there is music involved in a dinner invitation (waleemah), do not accept the invitation (al-Jaami by al-Qayrawaani, p. 262-263).
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The view of the four Imaams is that all kinds of musical instruments are haraam. It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that there would be among his ummah those who would allow zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments, and he said that they would be transformed into monkeys and pigs… None of the followers of the imaams mentioned any dispute concerning the matter of music. (al-Majmoo’, 11/576).
Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The four madhhabs are agreed that all musical instruments are haraam. (al-Saheehah, 1/145).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The madhhab of Abu Haneefah is the strictest in this regard, and his comments are among the harshest. His companions clearly stated that it is haraam to listen to all musical instruments such as the flute and the drum, even tapping a stick. They stated that it is a sin which implies that a person is a faasiq (rebellious evil doer) whose testimony should be rejected. They went further than that and said that listening to music is fisq (rebellion, evildoing) and enjoying it is kufr (disbelief). This is their words. They narrated in support of that a hadeeth which could not be attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). They said: he should try not to hear it if he passes by it or it is in his vicinity. Abu Yoosuf said, concerning a house from which could be heard the sound of musical instruments: Go in without their permission, because forbidding evil actions is obligatory, and if it were not allowed to enter without permission, people could not have fulfilled the obligatory duty (of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil). (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/425).
Imaam Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about playing the drum or flute, if a person happens to hear the sound and enjoy it whilst he is walking or sitting. He said: He should get up if he finds that he enjoys it, unless he is sitting down for a need or is unable to get up. If he is on the road, he should either go back or move on. (al-Jaami’ by al-Qayrawaani, 262). He (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The only people who do things like that, in our view, are faasiqs.” (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 14/55).
Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Among the types of earnings which are haraam by scholarly consensus are ribaa, the fee of a prostitute, anything forbidden, bribes, payment for wailing over the dead and singing, payments to fortune-tellers and those who claim to know the unseen and astrologers, payments for playing flutes, and all kinds of gambling. (al-Kaafi).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, explaining the view of Imaam al-Shaafa'i: His companions who know his madhhab (point of view) stated that it is haraam and denounced those who said that he permitted it. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/425).
The author of Kifaayat al-Akhbaar, who was one of the Shaafa’is, counted musical instruments such as flutes and others, as being munkar (evil), and the one who is present (where they are being played) should denounce them. (He cannot be excused by the fact that there are bad scholars, because they are corrupting the sharee’ah, or evil faqeers – meaning the Sufis, because they call themselves fuqaraa’ or faqeers – because they are ignorant and follow anyone who makes noise; they are not guided by the light of knowledge; rather they are blown about by every wind. (Kifaayat al-Akhbaar, 2/128).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: With regard to the view of Imaam Ahmad, his son ‘Abd-Allaah said: I asked my father about singing. He said: Singing makes hypocrisy grow in the heart; I do not like it. Then he mentioned the words of Maalik: the evildoers (faasiqs) among us do that. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan).
Ibn Qudaamah, the researcher of the Hanbali madhhab – (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Musical instruments are of three types which are haraam. These are the strings and all kinds of flute, and the lute, drum and rabaab (stringed instrument) and so on. Whoever persists in listening to them, his testimony should be rejected. (al-Mughni, 10/173). And he said (may Allaah have mercy on him); If a person is invited to a gathering in which there is something objectionable, such as wine and musical instruments, and he is able to denounce it, then he should attend and speak out against it, because then he will be combining two obligatory duties. If he is not able to do that, then he should not attend. (al-Kaafi, 3/118)
Al-Tabari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The scholars of all regions are agreed that singing is makrooh and should be prevented. Although Ibraaheem ibn Sa’d and ‘Ubayd-Allaah al-‘Anbari differed from the majority, (it should be noted that) the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Adhere to the majority.” And whoever dies differing from the majority, dies as a jaahili. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 14/56). In earlier generations, the word “makrooh” was used to mean haraam, then it took on the meaning of “disliked”. But this is to be understood as meaning that it is forbidden, because he [al-Tabari] said “it should be prevented”, and nothing is to be prevented except that which is haraam; and because in the two hadeeths quoted, music is denounced in the strongest terms. Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) is the one who narrated this report, then he said: Abu’l-Faraj and al-Qaffaal among our companions said: the testimony of the singer and the dancer is not to be accepted. I say: if it is proven that this matter is not permissible, then accepting payment for it is not permissible either.
Shaykh al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said: What Ibraaheem ibn Sa’d and ‘Ubayd-Allaah al-‘Anbari said about singing is not like the kind of singing that is known nowadays, for they would never have allowed this kind of singing which is the utmost in immorality and obscenity. (al-I’laam)
Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It is not permissible to make musical instruments. (al-Majmoo’, 22/140). And he said: According to the majority of fuqahaa’, it is permissible to destroy musical instruments, such as the tanboor [a stringed instrument similar to a mandolin]. This is the view of Maalik and is the more famous of the two views narrated from Ahmad. (al-Majmoo’, 28/113). And he said: …Ibn al-Mundhir mentioned that the scholars were agreed that it is not permissible to pay people to sing and wail… the consensus of all the scholars whose views we have learned about is that wailing and singing are not allowed. Al-Shu’bi, al-Nakha’i and Maalik regarded that as makrooh [i.e., haraam]. Abu Thawr, al-Nu’maan – Abu Haneefah (may Allaah have mercy on him) – and Ya’qoob and Muhammad, two of the students of Abu Haneefah said: it is not permissible to pay anything for singing and wailing. This is our view. And he said: musical instruments are the wine of the soul, and what it does to the soul is worse than what intoxicating drinks do. (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 10/417).
Ibn Abi Shaybah (may Allaah have mercy on him) reported that a man broke a mandolin belonging to another man, and the latter took his case to Shurayh. But Shurayh did not award him any compensation – i.e., he did not make the first man pay the cost of the mandolin, because it was haraam and had no value. (al-Musannaf, 5/395).
Al-Baghawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) stated in a fatwa that it is haraam to sell all kinds of musical instruments such as mandolins, flutes, etc. Then he said: If the images are erased and the musical instruments are altered, then it is permissible to sell their parts, whether they are silver, iron, wood or whatever. (Sharh al-Sunnah, 8/28)
An appropriate exception
The exception to the above is the daff – without any rings (i.e., a hand-drum which looks like a tambourine, but without any rattles) – when used by women on Eids and at weddings. This is indicated by saheeh reports. Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made allowances for certain types of musical instruments at weddings and the like, and he made allowances for women to play the daff at weddings and on other joyful occasions. But the men at his time did not play the daff or clap with their hands. It was narrated in al-Saheeh that he said: “Clapping is for women and tasbeeh (saying Subhaan Allaah) is for men.” And he cursed women who imitate men and men who imitate women. Because singing and playing the daff are things that women do, the Salaf used to call any man who did that a mukhannath (effeminate man), and they used to call male singers effeminate – and how many of them there are nowadays! It is well known that the Salaf said this.
In a similar vein is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), when her father (may Allaah be pleased with him) entered upon her at the time of Eid, and there were two young girls with her who were singing the verses that the Ansaar had said on the day of Bu’aath – and any sensible person will know what people say about war. Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Musical instruments of the Shaytaan in the house of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!” The Messenger of Allaah had turned away from them and was facing the wall – hence some scholars said that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) would not tell anybody off in front of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he thought that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was not paying attention to what was happening. And Allaah knows best. He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: “Leave them alone, O Abu Bakr, for every nation has its Eid, and this is our Eid, the people of Islam.” This hadeeth shows that it was not the habit of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions to gather to listen to singing, hence Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq called it “the musical instruments of the Shaytaan”. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of this appellation and did not deny it when he said, “Leave them alone, for every nation has its Eid and this is our Eid.” This indicates that the reason why this was permitted was because it was the time of Eid, and the prohibition remained in effect at times other than Eid, apart from the exceptions made for weddings in other ahaadeeth. Shaykh al-Albaani explained this in his valuable book Tahreem Aalaat al-Tarab (the Prohibition of Musical Instruments). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of young girls singing at Eid, as stated in the hadeeth: “So that the mushrikeen will know that in our religion there is room for relaxation.” There is no indication in the hadeeth about the two young girls that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was listening to them. The commands and prohibitions have to do with listening, not merely hearing, just as in the case of seeing, the rules have to do with intentionally looking and not what happens by accident. So it is clear that this is for women only. Imaam Abu ‘Ubayd (may Allaah have mercy on him) defined the daff as “that which is played by women.” (Ghareeb al-Hadeeth, 3/64).
An inappropriate exception

Some of them make an exception for drums at times of war, and consequentially some modern scholars have said that military music is allowed. But there is no basis for this at all, for a number of reasons, the first of which is that this is making an exception with no clear evidence, apart from mere opinion and thinking that it is good, and this is wrong. The second reason is that what the Muslims should do at times of war is to turn their hearts towards their Lord. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“They ask you (O Muhammad) about the spoils of war. Say: ‘The spoils are for Allaah and the Messenger.’ So fear Allaah and adjust all matters of difference among you…” [al-Anfaal 8:1]. But using music is the opposite of this idea of taqwa and it would distract them from remembering their Lord. Thirdly, using music is one of the customs of the kuffaar, and it is not permitted to imitate them, especially with regard to something that Allaah has forbidden to us in general, such as music. (al-Saheehah, 1/145)
“No people go astray after having been guided except they developed arguments amongst themselves.” (Saheeh)
Some of them used the hadeeth about the Abyssinians playing in the mosque of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as evidence that singing is allowed! Al-Bukhaari included this hadeeth in his Saheeh under the heading Baab al-Hiraab wa’l-Daraq Yawm al-‘Eid (Chapter on Spears and Shields on the Day of Eid). Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This indicates that it is permissible to play with weapons and the like in the mosque, and he applied that to other activities connected with jihaad. (Sharh Muslim). But as al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: whoever speaks about something which is not his profession will come up with weird ideas such as these.
Some of them use as evidence the hadeeth about the singing of the two young girls, which we have discussed above, but we will quote what Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, because it is valuable:
I am amazed that you quote as evidence for allowing listening to sophisticated songs the report which we mentioned about how two young girls who were below the age of puberty sang to a young woman on the day of Eid some verses of Arab poetry about bravery in war and other noble characteristics. How can you compare this to that? What is strange is that this hadeeth is one of the strongest proofs against them. The greatest speaker of the truth [Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq] called them musical instruments of the Shaytaan, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of that appellation, but he made an exception in the case of these two young girls who had not yet reached the age of responsibility and the words of whose songs could not corrupt anyone who listened to them. Can this be used as evidence to allow what you do and what you know of listening (to music) which includes (bad) things which are not hidden?! Subhaan Allaah! How people can be led astray! (Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/493).
Ibn al-Jawzi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was young at that time; nothing was transmitted from her after she reached the age of puberty except condemnation of singing. Her brother’s son, al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad, condemned singing and said that it was not allowed to listen to it, and he took his knowledge from her. (Talbees Iblees, 229). Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: A group of the Sufis used this hadeeth – the hadeeth about the two young girls – as evidence that singing is allowed and it is allowed to listen to it, whether it is accompanied by instruments or not. This view is sufficiently refuted by the clear statement of ‘Aa’ishah in the following hadeeth, where she says, “They were not singers.” She made it clear that they were not singers as such, although this may be understood from the wording of the report. So we should limit it to what was narrated in the text as regards the occasion and the manner, so as to reduce the risk of going against the principle, i.e., the hadeeth. And Allaah knows best. (Fath al-Baari, 2/442-443).
Some people even have the nerve to suggest that the Sahaabah and Taabi’een listened to singing, and that they saw nothing wrong with it!
Al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said: We demand them to show us saheeh isnaads going back to these Sahaabah and Taabi’een, proving what they attribute to them. Then he said: Imaam Muslim mentioned in his introduction to his Saheeh that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Mubaarak said: The isnaad is part of religion. Were it not for the isnaad, whoever wanted to could say whatever he wanted to.
Some of them said that the ahaadeeth which forbid music are full of faults. No hadeeth was free of being criticized by some of the scholars. Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The ahaadeeth which were narrated concerning music being haraam are not full of faults as has been claimed. Some of them are in Saheeh al-Bukhaari which is the soundest of books after the Book of Allaah, and some of them are hasan and some are da’eef. But because they are so many, with different isnaads, they constitute definitive proof that singing and musical instruments are haraam.
All the imaams agreed on the soundness of the ahaadeeth which forbid singing and musical instruments, apart from Abu Haamid al-Ghazzaali, but al-Ghazzaali did not have knowledge of hadeeth; and Ibn Hazam, but al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) explained where Ibn Hazam went wrong, and Ibn Hazam himself said that if any of (these ahaadeeth) were saheeh, he would follow that. But now they have proof that these reports are saheeh because there are so many books by the scholars which state that these ahaadeeth are saheeh, but they turn their backs on that. They are far more extreme than Ibn Hazam and they are nothing like him, for they are not qualified and cannot be referred to.
Some of them said that the scholars forbade singing because it is mentioned alongside gatherings in which alcohol is drunk and where people stay up late at night for evil purposes.
Al-Shawkaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The response to this is that mentioning these things in conjunction does not only mean that what is haraam is what is joined together in this manner. Otherwise this would mean that zinaa, as mentioned in the ahaadeeth, is not haraam unless it is accompanied by alcohol and the use of musical instruments. By the same token, an aayah such as the following (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, he used not to believe in Allaah, the Most Great,
And urged not on the feeding of Al‑Miskeen (the poor).”
[al-Haaqqah 69:33-34]
would imply that it is not haraam to disbelieve in Allaah unless that is accompanied by not encouraging the feeding of the poor. If it is said that the prohibition of such things one at a time is proven from other reports, the response to that is that the prohibition of musical instruments is also known from other evidence, as mentioned above. (Nayl al-Awtaar, 8/107).
Some of them said that “idle talk” does not refer to singing; the refutation of that has been mentioned above. Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This – the view that it means singing – is the best that has been said concerning this aayah, and Ibn Mas’ood swore three times by Allaah besides Whom there is no other god, that it does refer to singing. Then he mentioned other imaams who said the same thing. Then he mentioned other views concerning the matter. Then he said: The first view is the best of all that has been said on this matter, because of the marfoo’ hadeeth, and because of the view of the Sahaabah and the Taabi’een. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi).
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him), after quoting this Tafseer, said: Al-Haakim Abu ‘Abd-Allaah said in the Tafseer of Kitaab al-Mustadrak: Let the one who is seeking this knowledge know that the Tafseer of a Sahaabi who witnessed the revelation is a hadeeth with isnaad according to the two Shaykhs (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). Elsewhere in his book, he said: In our view this hadeeth has the same strength as a marfoo’ report. Although their tafseer is still subject to further examination, it is still more readily acceptable than the tafseer of those who came after them, because they are the most knowledgeable among this ummah of what Allaah meant in his Book. It was revealed among them and they were the first people to be addressed by it. They heard the tafseer from the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in word and in deed. And they were Arabs who understood the true meanings of (Arabic) words, so Muslims should avoid resorting to any other interpretation as much as possible.
Some of them said that singing is a form of worship if the intention is for it to help one to obey Allaah!
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: How strange! What type of faith, light, insight, guidance and knowledge can be gained from listening to tuneful verses and music in which most of what is said is haraam and deserves the wrath and punishment of Allaah and His Messenger? … How can anyone who has the least amount of insight and faith in his heart draw near to Allaah and increase his faith by enjoying something which is hated by Him, and He detests the one who says it and the one who accepts it? (Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/485)
Shaykh al-Islam said, discussing the state of the person who has gotten used to listening to singing: Hence you find that those who have gotten used to it and for whom it is like food and drink will never have the desire to listen to the Qur’aan or feel joy when they hear it, and they never find in listening to its verses the same feeling that they find when listening to poetry. Indeed, if they hear the Qur’aan, they hear it with an inattentive heart and talk whilst it is being recited, but if they hear whistling and clapping of hands, they lower their voices and keep still, and pay attention. (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/557 ff)
Some say that music and musical instruments have the effect of softening people’s hearts and creating gentle feelings. This is not true, because it provokes physical desires and whims. If it really did what they say, it would have softened the hearts of the musicians and made their attitude and behaviour better, but most of them, as we know, are astray and behave badly.
Conclusion
Perhaps – for fair-minded and objective readers – this summary will make it clear that the view that music is permissible has no firm basis. There are no two views on this matter. So we must advise in the best manner, and then take it step by step and denounce music, if we are able to do so. We should not be deceived by the fame of a man in our own times in which the people who are truly committed to Islam have become strangers. The one who says that singing and musical instruments are permitted is simply supporting the whims of people nowadays, as if the masses were issuing fatwas and he is simply signing them! If a matter arises, they will look at the views of fuqahaa’ on this matter, then they will take the easiest view, as they claim. Then they will look for evidence, or just specious arguments which are worth no more than a lump of dead meat. How often have these people approved things in the name of sharee’ah which in fact have nothing to do with Islam!
Strive to learn your Islam from the Book of your Lord and the Sunnah of your Prophet. Do not say, So-and-so said, for you cannot learn the truth only from men. Learn the truth and then measure people against it. This should be enough for the one who controls his whims and submits himself to his Lord. May what we have written above heal the hearts of the believers and dispel the whispers in the hearts of those who are stricken with insinuating whispers. May it expose everyone who is deviating from the path of Revelation and taking the easiest options, thinking that he has come up with something which none of the earlier generations ever achieved, and speaking about Allaah without knowledge. They sought to avoid fisq (evildoing) and ended up committing bid’ah – may Allaah not bless them in it. It would have been better for them to follow the path of the believers.
And Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless and grant peace to His Messenger who made clear the path of the believers, and to his companions and those who follow them in truth until the Day of Judgement.
Summary of a paper entitled al-Darb bi’l-Nawa li man abaaha al-Ma’aazif li’l-Hawa by Shaykh Sa’d al-Deen ibn Muhammad al-Kibbi.
For more information, please see:
Al-I’laam bi Naqd Kitaab al-Halaal wa’l-Haraam, by Shaykh al-‘Allaamah Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan
Al-Samaa’ by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn al-Qayyim
Tahreem Aalaat al-Tarab, by Shaykh Muhammad Naasir al-Deen al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him)
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

cleo
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
I sent for a few CD's, in arabic, some english translation, and they are songs about Allah, and I learn from them. I also feel good singing along with music. It is a way to learn for me, and enjoyment. So is this still haram?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 03:48 PM
by indulging in entertainment and having a luxurious life are we not trading our luxury of the hereafter? personally i could do wivout it!

aakhirah
03-23-2006, 03:53 PM
:sl:

Music is haraam. Full-stop (or period if you're american). I'm not going to repeat the evidence; read it with an open, unbiased heart.

A haraam act done for good purposes can never make it halaal or permissible. Take, for example, someone who accepts ribaa from his bank to give in sadaqah. This good cause would still not permit him to take interest.

And Allah guides whom He wills to the Straight Path.

A.

------
03-23-2006, 03:56 PM

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=5000&dgn=4

And Allah swt knows best.

Khaldun
03-23-2006, 10:53 PM

by indulging in entertainment and having a luxurious life are we not trading our luxury of the hereafter? personally i could do wivout it!
These are they who buy the life of this world for the hereafter, so their chastisement shall not be lightened nor shall they be helped.[Surah Baqrah Ayah 86]

A haraam act done for good purposes can never make it halaal or permissible.
When the first idol was introduced to the Kaba, it was also based on good intentions...

In short sister Ra'eesahs post sums it up. JazzakAllah Khair

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam,
First of all Abdul Majid if you read the hadith in Arabic(the translation you have is incorrect) it says that music that leads one astray. not music period.

-“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

So if there is a Muslim artist or any other artist singing about the truth is that being misguiding.
the translation of the aya is not correct, for the reason that its considering all music to be misleading.

AstaghfurAllah akhee... you know in surat al najm Allah Ta'ala says ' wa ma yuntiqu anil hawa'.... rasul-Allah (SAW) is the messenger. He does not speak of his own desires. We take whatever he gives us, because he is the messenger. And Rasul(SAW) told us to hold onto the Qur'an AND Sunnah.
May Allah forgive us all...

abdul Majid
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam,

MAY ALLAH(swt) guide us all... ameen

lets put music aside, for a moment...
MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS <(=-=-=-= ARE HARAM PERIOD!!!
if someone wants to think differently, they have free will, but dont decive your brothers and sisters....

[PIE]IM SURE WE KNOW WHAT HADITH MEANS !!!

Narated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [/b] [/pie]

:w: :brother:

minaz
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
At the end of the day, like anything one does liek listening to music even for example wearing hijab, it's what you are doin with it and for that amtters, and Allah will always know your true intentions

abdul Majid
03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
At the end of the day, like anything one does liek listening to music even for example wearing hijab, it's what you are doin with it and for that amtters, and Allah will always know your true intentions

salam alakum brother, '

can you be more specific for me in the part where you said.."it's what you are doin with it and for that amtters"..

wasalam

minaz
03-23-2006, 11:34 PM
can you be more specific for me in the part where you said.."it's what you are doin with it and for that amtters"..
Lol it's 23:30 so forgive me for my grammar, what i meant to say is "it's what you are doing with it and that is what matters. For example the hijab, one should be wearing it because you heart wants to, that you want to adopt the best method of concealing your modesty, not because your husabnd/ mum dad/ brother etc want you to, but for the sake of god almighty.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
yes akhee, but a sin with a good intention remain a sin.

abdul Majid
03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Lol it's 23:30 so forgive me for my grammar, what i meant to say is "it's what you are doing with it and that is what matters. For example the hijab, one should be wearing it because you heart wants to, that you want to adopt the best method of concealing your modesty, not because your husabnd/ mum dad/ brother etc want you to, but for the sake of god almighty.

salam alakum

ok ahkee i understand you, but wear talking about music, not hijab...

and what good reason would one do with music, when MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS GO AGAINST WHAT THE RAZUL(PBH) HAS TOLD US ??

[pie]Volumn 007, Book 069, Hadith Number 494B.
[/pie]

minaz
03-23-2006, 11:55 PM
music coems in different forms. for example
You got mainstream music
Singing
Poetry can be seen as music
Birds singing
The background music in the news
you got a telephone/mobile ringer
you got a doorbell

The arguement can go on and on, but say a bird comes in your garden and starts singing, by one listenin to it does that mean one is sinning?

The playing of and listening of musical instruments 1400 years ago (even to this day but to a lesser extent) was a social activity, where numbers would gather round and listen/play even watch accompanied activities. This took the people away from practising islam. Music has changed today and ff course today music can very easily lead people into a trance and cause one to miss prayer, influence and also move away from islam. Therefore this is why i feel music shouldn't be encouraged, if it's haraam (major sin) or not i don't know, but what i do know is, if you are unsure about something's lawfulness- stay away from it.

abdul Majid
03-23-2006, 11:59 PM

dear brother..

im not talking about singing or doorbells, or anything other than

MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS <(=-=-=-

OUR PROPHET SAID SO......in several hadiths, here is one...
and the reason i am trying to proof this, becuase it is my duty as a muslim..

and you said quote". "The arguement can go on and on, but say a bird comes in your garden and starts singing, by one listenin to it does that mean one is sinning? "..

cmon ahkee , lol.... firstly there is no arguement its clear, and a bird is natural, its chirping not playing the drums...lol

wasalam

itsme01
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
this topic has been beaten to death so many times...
----
Islam says its Haram.
If you want to still play/listen to music, then by all means - do so. No one is stopping you.

------
03-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Agreed brother :thumbs_up

usamuslimah64
03-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Salam Alaykum:sl: ,
I listen to nasheeds and that's about it. Once, I was told that I should not even listen to those. But, I worked with an Imam and a scholar and he said there is no harm in nasheeds as they provoke thought of Allah, Islam and our beloved prophet. It is haram to listen to secular(Worldly) music because it can entice you and make you think sinful thought and even cause you to sin.
Wa Salaam:w: , Susan

Umm Yoosuf
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum!

Why yet another thread! There are quite few threads on music, is it not suffient for memebers?

------
03-24-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum!

Why yet another thread! There are quite few threads on music, is it not suffient for memebers?
Nah das so tru i mean once we say dt it clearly sez in d qur'an dt it haraam den y dnt dey lisn?! :heated:

usamuslimah64
03-25-2006, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum!

Salam alaykum...well, I am kinda new to the forums..so its not old news to me:-)

------
03-25-2006, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by usamuslimah64
Salam alaykum...well, I am kinda new to the forums..so its not old news to me:-)
But sis new or not u shud know that music is haraam in islam.. :?

Malsidabym
03-25-2006, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
But sis new or not u shud know that music is haraam in islam.. :?
No it is ok, it is just a problem with interpretation. The Quran does not say all music is bad.

------
03-25-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
No it is ok, it is just a problem with interpretation. The Quran does not say all music is bad.
PROVE IT

Don't give the Qur'an a bad name. If you don't know anything then do not spread it around.

Malsidabym
03-25-2006, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
PROVE IT
Ok. Read the Quran, it is all in there. It is better if you can read arabic though.

------
03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
No I Have Read The Qu'ran - I Want You To Prove It, As you think you know everything about Islam.

Ra`eesah
03-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Assalamu’Alaykum

Mashaa`Allaah, I never knew we had Mufasireen [Interpreters of the Quran] on this forum.

There is no point of this thread really, we were told to prove Music is Haram we did and they don’t want to accept.
Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe. [ Al Baqarah 2:6]

They don’t want to know, they are only here to challenge, if indeed you want to know and you are sincere, by Allaah you would accept the fatwa that was given prior and let it destroy your nafs.

None of us here need to be hypocritical, we all has our phases with music and if not all most, but one thing we have in common is that we believe its wrong and we accept the fact that its haram. But for those who do not think its wrong even when given evidence from the Qur’an and Sunnah, there is something wrong, please go back and reflect. Because to do something that is haram, and when the majority of the Scholars say it is haram and you still don’t believe it is haram and do it with out any guilt is a sign of your level of Iman.

Then what is even far worse is how you laymen take Qur’anic verses and interpret with out knowledge to your understanding do you not now this is a GREAT sin?

Ibn Abbas reported that the messenger of Allah Said: "Whoever so interprets the Quran according to his opinion, let him seek his abode in the fire (hell). And in a narration: 'Whoso interprets the Qur’an without knowledge, let him seek his abode in the fire (hell)" [Attested by Tirmidhi]

Fear Allaah, Fear Allaah, Fear Allaah

Till now none of you have given proof of your stances and no we don’t want your interpertantions of Ayahs we don’t want to hear that " if its haram it would be mentioned in the Quran" be very careful, because you will fall into Kufur, how will you fall into kufur? By rejecting the authority of the Sunnah. And if that is what you are doing then I am free from what you do and say.

"I take Allah's Refuge from being among Al-Jahilun (the ignorants or the foolish)." [ Al-Baqarah 2:67]

Malsidabym
03-25-2006, 01:07 PM
There is no point of this thread really, we were told to prove Music is Haram we did and they don’t want to accept.
At this point no proof has been provided. Some shaky interpretations that could easily be interpreded to say many other things when "scholars" add words. By what authority do they add thier words?

They don’t want to know, they are only here to challenge, if indeed you want to know and you are sincere, by Allaah you would accept the fatwa that was given prior and let it destroy your nafs
This is saying we should follow blindly. I would follow God this way, but not men. Men wrote the hadiths.

even when given evidence from the Qur’an
The evidence has not come from the Quran, it was 'interpretations of verses, more importantly, words added to verses. Example: "And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead" and "Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)", the parts in brackets were added, by men.

Then what is even far worse is how you laymen take Qur’anic verses and interpret with out knowledge to your understanding do you not now this is a GREAT sin?
OK, so what knowledge are you talking about that you may have that I don't? How to read? Who God is? The subtle meanings behind phrases? I beg to differ on the first two, and the subtle stuff is interpreted differently even by different scholars. It is arrogance to believe that you have some "higher" understanding than others that read the Quran.

Ibn Abbas reported that the messenger of Allah Said: "Whoever so interprets the Quran according to his opinion, let him seek his abode in the fire (hell). And in a narration: 'Whoso interprets the Qur’an without knowledge, let him seek his abode in the fire (hell)" [Attested by Tirmidhi]
I like the opinion part, and I can see why this is said. It is because those that put thier opinion on what is supposed to be God's word, and then present it to the masses, hurt many people.
Till now none of you have given proof of your stances
I will present you with your own statement, Till now none of you have given proof of your stances.

P.S.
"Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)"
This is really interesting, because without adding any words, I can say that most people on this forum are sinning daily. This says, "pastime" and "amusements". That is alot more clear than singing, as the words were not added afterwards. Anyone of you who enjoys pastimes or amusements like internet, TV, socializing, games, sports, sitting quietly in a park, anything that is a "pastime or amusement" is sinning just like you were listening to music or even singing.

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Surah Luqman verse 6 (031:006)

But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.

Sayydana Abdullah Ibn Masood was asked about the meaning of the verse to which he replied:

“I swear by Him besides whom there is no other God, that it refers to ghinaa (singing).”

Furthermore, let us not forget the hadith of Bukhari:

The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) said:

"There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma'aazif (musical instruments)."

This implies that ma'aazif (musical Instruments) was unlawful in the first place.

Surah Ahzab verse 4

"Allah has not made for any man, two hearts in his body"

When Ibn Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) comments on this verse, he says that a heart that is full of Qur'an cannot be full of music. Truly, the words of Allah and the voice of Satan cannot co-exist in a single heart. Tis' hyprocritical! Nay, tis' a mockery of the highest order.

Surah Al-Isra verse 64 (017:064)

Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Hadith - Bukhari 7:494

Narrated Abu 'Amir that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:6

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire).

Ibn Masood (ra) said about this verse "I swear by the One other than Whom there is no God that it refers to singing [ghinaa].", and he repeated this three times. Ibn Abbaas (ra) said it refered to 'singing and the like' while Jaabir (ra) is reported to view its meaning to signify singing and listening to songs. Many taabi'oon such as Mujaahid, Ikrimah, Mak-hool and Umar ibn Shu'ayb viewed it as a censure of music and song.

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
This is a old series of lectures a Must Listen! given by Maulana Rashid Korolia from South Africa, going in depth and explaining the position of music in Islam its prohibition and the state of people and Muslims today in regards to it.

This started around the Year 1992, when I first heard the backtracking examples i.e subliminal satanic messages contained in all the popular songs which everyone knew about being a youth and living amidst the culture and school system of the kufar, Maulana relating it to the hadith of Rasullah (saw) was very 'explosive' and mind-boggling experience back then, as relating it to the current affairs had a mind opening impact for many, quoted by shaykh - 'plans of the new world order people to condition the masses',

Maulana Rashid Korolia (South Africa) Music In Islam

Music In Islam

The very first of this series of talks given around the world this one is in South Africa 1992 or 91.

Maulana Rashid Korolia (South Africa) Music and Islam

Music and Islam (part 1)

Music and Islam (part 2)

Music and Islam (part 3) - Backtracking Music Examples

Part 1 and 2 @ 128kbps, Part 3 @ 192kbps also please note Part 3 contains Music Examples for the Backtracking purposes which should not be abused and used for any haraam activitys, the year is around somewhere 98 - 99.

Maulana Rashid Korolia (South Africa) Music Exposed

Music Exposed (part 1)

Music Exposed (Part 2) - Backtracking Music Examples

Given in 2002 - London.

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Traps of Iblees

Three

If Iblees fails and is unable to trap Al-'Abd at this class, and if he is one of those who were granted by Allaah (SWT) the gift of As-Sunnah and hatred of the people of Bid'ah and error, he proceeds to:

The THIRD CLASS OF EVIL, which is the class of MAJOR SINS in their various forms.

Iblees is very covetous of letting a person fall into major sin, especially if he is a scholar who is followed. Iblees is covetous of that, so that he may repel people from him and spread his sins and disobedience amongst the people. He uses some people as his agents to spread this person's sins under the false pretence that this will help them to get closer to Allaah. But in fact this person is the deputy of Iblees without knowing it. For those who would like abomination to be spread amongst the believers there is a great torment in this life and in the Hereafter especially if they take charge of spreading about enormities, not out of advice, but by obeying Iblees and being his agent. All this is to repel people from the Scholar and from his benefit.

Furthermore, the sins of this person (scholar), even if they reach the sky, are less to Allaah (SWT) than the sins of those who would like to spread his sins about. The scholar's sins are wrongdoing to himself. If he seeks forgiveness from Allaah (SWT) and repents, Allaah (SWT) will accept his repentance, and He will change his bad deeds to good deeds. However, the sin of those who spread about abominations are doing wrong to the believers by looking for their mistakes and by intending to expose them. Allaah (SWT) is in close observation, and He knows about this ambuscade. Nothing hidden in the chest or soul is hidden to Allaah (SWT).

More traps ->> http://www.islaam.net/main/display.p...82&category=12

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:52 PM
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I was ordered to avoid two foolish and vile sounds; a sound of a musical tunes and Satan’s musical instruments, and cries made on account of a calamity.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî]

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/5271-post6.html

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 01:55 PM
THE TRUTH BEHIND TODAY'S POPULAR SINGERS & THEIR MUSIC !

Take special note about Maradona !!

Backtracking, or backmasking is the form of inserting hidden messages into tracks which can only be consciously heard when played backwards. Most of the time these messages are inserted purposefully, sometimes by accident, some people even believe that the subconscious can actually pick up these messages. But the nature of the backtracked messages in many modern pop songs is so sinister as to leave no doubt to the intentions and affiliations of these singers. The following are examples of such cases where the backward lyrics seem to fit the suggestions:

You will need RealPlayer to in order to listen to these clips. If you don't have it you must first download and install Real Audio Player

MICHAEL JACKSON:

Beat It: Forward: '(indecipherable gibberish) so beat it!' Reverse: 'I do believe it was Satan in me.'

Forward: 'You better run, you better do what you can, don't wanna see some blood don't be a macho man.'
Dangerous

Reverse: 'S-a-t-a-n. S-a-y (indecipherable gibberish) People all worship.'

Morphine: Forward: 'This won't hurt you..'

Reverse: 'O Satan!'

Man in the Mirror: Forward: 'I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking if he'll change his way.'

Reverse: 'Come on. Yeah Satan, yeah, just like me exact.'

Comments: Michael Jackson is probably the most successful musician in history, but does he hold a dark secret? It is interesting to note that many major musicians have had close ties with Aleister Crowley, a Satanist well known to the occult. Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous' album (right) has the face of an old man in a suit (bottom right hand corner), fitting the description of Crowley himself. The cover of the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper has many faces and one of them looking similar to Crowley.

MADONNA:

Like a Prayer: Forward: 'Life is a mystery.'

Reverse: 'O hear our savior Satan.'

Comments: Madonna is well known for her extravagant and unique style of music, but there are mysterious freemasonic elements in one of her videos. In one scene, the symbol of freemasonry, the all seeing one eye is seen coming out of Madonna's forehead. She is also seen dancing on some writing; closer examination shows that this writing is Arabic, the language of the Qur'an.

For more listen to the lectures above...

Ra`eesah
03-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

1. There was a fatwa I posted by Shiekh Salih al Munajjid. That for you is proof enough. Where is your proof? Your word against the shiekh?

2. Do not use terms you have no knowledge of. For you Taqleed " blind following" is needed because it seems you have no knowledge of the Quran nor Sunnah.

3. The evideance given from the Quran, the words in " brackets" are those of the Mufasireen. Those who have proper understanding of the Quran.

4. There was no subliminal message it is clear as day. " those who interpret the Quran with out knowledge let him reserve his seat in hell fire." point blank. However, if you wish to get into that, saying one has knowledge is not a sign of arrogance. It is the intention that is followed by that.

5. We have proved it from those who have given the ruling with Authentic proof, you still sit here and wish to debate an issue you have no knowledge of.

With that I end with a quote by Imam Ash- Shafi`I ( rahimahullaah)

"I debated a scholar and beat him. Then I debated a layman and that layman beat me - he had no knowledge of the principles and texts. I had nothing to say."

DaSangarTalib
03-25-2006, 02:13 PM
ppl like making excuses up to continue with they filth even tho they know very well its haraam!

------
03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
ppl like making excuses up to continue with they filth even tho they know very well its haraam!
Reps 4 u bro! - that is a very good statement and i agree with it completely! :sister:

anis_z24
03-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Salam
Can we agree that everything that is declared haram in Islam is in the Quran.

-And there is no word that says music.
-When you hear the word music the stereo type of it being sinful and full of misleading things is wrong.

It can be talking about the truth. The reason many scholars say its haram(when they have no authority to do so) is because they put it along side other sinfull deeds.

The Prophet himself use to encourage **Halal** entertainment ie,poetry, singing.

and dont just copy and past ahadiths say look music is Haram.
you(everyone) must look at the seerah at whole.

and please find me the aya that says "Music is Haram"
If its motivating one to do good, or talking about the truth how can it be Haram.

Also please please keep it calm

Thank You.

------
03-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm soooooo not going to bother with people who know the truth but cannot be asked to face it. May Allah help them Inshallah. Ameen.

anis_z24
03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Salam,

Sister what you are saying is no way of dialog.

and no one has yet proved music to be haram
everything haram in Islam is in the Quran. nothing Says all music is haram.

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 12:19 AM
The reason many scholars say its haram(when they have no authority to do so) is because they put it along side other sinfull deeds.
nothing Says all music is haram
Nothing, not one word or verse.
It is said that the Quran was written by God. Since when does a scholar have the authority to make statements that contradict the Quran? This is why I have said before, I do not dispute the Quran, I dispute the scholars.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-26-2006, 12:43 AM
I am surely agreed with FightofAllah!! He got good point! MUSIC IS HARAAM...full stop!:rant:

Evidence that Music and Singing are Haram

1.--Allah said, what translated means, And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment. [3 1:6].
Al-Wahidi, along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Quran), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah. Ibn Masud said, "By Allah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2 -- The Prophet said, what translated means, "From among my nation, there will be people who will render as lawful adultery, weaving silk (for men), Al-Khamr (liquor) and AlMaa'azif (musical instruments)." [Al-Bukhari].

This Hadith states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful,' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

3 -- Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allah and that Mohammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes.
And also they fast pray and perform Hajj." They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He said, "They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun, In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allah) into monkeys and swine." [Iughathat Al-Lahfan].

4 -- Allah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah. [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

Sayings of the Scholars Regarding Music and Singing
Imam IbnTaymiyyah said, "Listening to music and sinful fun are among what strengthens the satanic ways the most. This is exactly what the disbelievers used to do. Allah said, And their prayer at the House (of Allah) was nothing but Muka 'an and Tasdiyah. [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, ibn Umar and others said that Tasdiyah is clapping of hands, and that Muka'an is whistling. This was the Mushrikeen's way of worship. The Prophet and his companions worshipped Allah, according to His order, in their prayer, reading the Quran and Thikr (supplication). It never occurred that the Prophet and his companions gathered to listen to singing that is accompanied by clapping or using drums."
Imam IbnTaymiyyah also said regarding the person, whose habit is to listen to music, "His state of emotions becomes less passionate when he hears the Quran. On the contrary, when he listens to instruments of the devil (music), he dances a lot. If the prayer is established, he either prays while sitting down or performs it as fast as when the roaster picks seeds. He dislikes listening to the Quran and does not find beauty in it while reciting it. He has no taste for the Quran and feels no love for it or pleasure when it is read. Rather, he finds pleasure if he listens to Mukaa' or Tasdiyah. These are satanic pleasures and he is among those whom Allah mentioned in the Ayah, And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allah), We appoint for him Satan to be a companion for him. [43:3 6]." [Awliyaa' Ar-Rahman].

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "Of the tricks of the enemy of Allah, Satan, that he uses to trap those who do not enjoy much intelligence, knowledge or sincerity in religion, are Mukaa' and Tasdiyah. These people of ignorance listen to and use musical instruments that are prohibited and which lead the hearts to abandoning the Quran. These hearts are indulging in sin and disobedience of Allah. Music, then, is Satan's Quran and the barrier between one and Allah. It is the way to sodomy and adultery. With it, the lover finds what he seeks and dreams of sinful love. Satan has trapped the weak hearts in the love of singing and made it beautiful to them. Satan reveals to his agents fake proofs that they use as evidence to the beauty of singing. These people accept Satan's revelation and, as a consequence, abandon the Quran. When you witness them while listening, you will find them silent in humbleness, sitting idle and their hearts are concentrating and totally enjoying music and singing. Their hearts will feel closer to music, as if they were drunk. They dance and move in a suggestive manner, like faggots and whores. And why not? They are drunk with the pleasure of listening to music and singing and act accordingly. For other than Allah, and for Satan, there are hearts that are being broken by sin, and fortunes that are being spent for other than Allah's Pleasure. They spend their lives in joyful fun and make a mockery of their religion. Instruments of the devil are sweeter to their ears than the Quran. If one of them listens to the Quran from beginning to end, it will have little effect or excitement on him. If Satan's Quran is being performed and heard, they feel joy in their hearts and one can see it in their eyes. Their feet dance, their hands clap, their breathing intensifies and the rest of their bodies feel joy. O you who are trapped in this sin, you who have sold your share of Allah to Satan, what a losing deal! Why not feels this joy when you listen to the Quran? Why not feel pleasure and comfort when the Glorious Quran is recited? But, everyone seeks what he feels is suitable for him, and ends up with what is really suitable for him." [Ighathat Al-Lahfan].

Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz was asked about listening to music and songs, "Is it Haram? I only listen to it for pleasure. What about playing the Rababah (a kind of guitar) and old songs? What about using drums in weddings?"

Sheikh Ibn Baz said, "Listening to music is Haram and a sin. It is a matter that leads to weakening the hearts and abandoning the Thikr of Allah and the prayer. The scholars said about the Ayah, And of' mankind he who purchases idle talks [31:6], that idle talks means singing. Abullah ibn Masud, the Prophet's companion, used to swear by Allah that it is singing. If singing is accompanied by the Rababah, 'Ud (Arabic guitar), fiddles or drums, it is even more Haram. Any singing with any instrument is Haram and the scholars are unanimous on this. Therefore, Muslims must be aware of it. The Prophet said, "From among my nation there will be those who render as lawful adultery, silk (for men), AI-Khamr (alcohol) and musical instruments." [Al-Bukhari]. I advise you and others to read the Quran and keep remembering Allah. I advise you to listen to Quranic programs on the radio. This way, one will find pleasure and will keep busy so he can stay away from music and songs. As for weddings, the Daff(tambourine) can be used along with innocent singing that does not call to sin. This can be done at night, only in weddings and only by and for women. These songs are a way of announcing an Islamic marriage. The Sunnah of the Prophet supports the above. As for the drums, they are Haram all the time. The Daffis permitted in weddings and only for and by women."

Many Muslims today render music as permissible. This is due to their ignorance or outright defiance of the religion. We ask Allah that we are among those who listen to the speech and follow the best of what it contains. These are the ones whom Allah has guided and granted them the bounty of sanity and comprehending minds.

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE US!! AMEEN!

czgibson
03-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Greetings,

Of all the arguments put forward to show why all music is evil, the backmasking argument has to be the most laughable.

format_quote Originally Posted by Fight&Die4Allah
Take special note about Maradona !!
That pesky handballing Argentinian! I thought he'd retired?

Backtracking, or backmasking is the form of inserting hidden messages into tracks which can only be consciously heard when played backwards. Most of the time these messages are inserted purposefully, sometimes by accident, some people even believe that the subconscious can actually pick up these messages. But the nature of the backtracked messages in many modern pop songs is so sinister as to leave no doubt to the intentions and affiliations of these singers. The following are examples of such cases where the backward lyrics seem to fit the suggestions:
If you actually believe these messages have been put into these records deliberately, you are more credulous than I had given you credit for. If you believe that people can pick up these messages subconsciously while listening to the track played forwards, then I'm convinced that you don't actually believe the claims put forward in this ludicrous article, and you're merely quoting it because it supports your agenda.

By the way, here's one source of this text:

http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=178649

It's been copied and pasted round the internet so many times it's difficult to know which intelligent individual came up with it first.

Comments: Michael Jackson is probably the most successful musician in history, but does he hold a dark secret? It is interesting to note that many major musicians have had close ties with Aleister Crowley, a Satanist well known to the occult. Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous' album (right) has the face of an old man in a suit (bottom right hand corner), fitting the description of Crowley himself. The cover of the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper has many faces and one of them looking similar to Crowley.
Do you know anything about Aleister Crowley? He died in 1947, so how exactly could Michael Jackson (born 1958) have had close ties with him?

Comments: Madonna is well known for her extravagant and unique style of music, but there are mysterious freemasonic elements in one of her videos. In one scene, the symbol of freemasonry, the all seeing one eye is seen coming out of Madonna's forehead. She is also seen dancing on some writing; closer examination shows that this writing is Arabic, the language of the Qur'an.
On this evidence, I'd say she should be shot immediately...

The fact that someone would post this kind of propaganda on the forum convinces me that there isn't any real reason for the prohibition on music (beyond the whim of Allah), and some Muslims are happy to grab any nonsense they can find in order to support their beliefs. Producing this kind of argument devalues the original belief considerably, and shows that the prohibition is not taken at all seriously by some within the ummah.

Peace

anis_z24
03-26-2006, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
I am surely agreed with FightofAllah!! He got good point! MUSIC IS HARAAM...full stop!:rant:

1.--Allah said, what translated means, And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment. [3 1:6].
Salam

Who said all music is misleading and haram.
When music is along side the truth and motivating towards the good.
its says in the aya mockery, who said all music is mockery.

Malsidabym
03-26-2006, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Al-Wahidi, along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Quran), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah. Ibn Masud said, "By Allah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2 -- The Prophet said, what translated means, "From among my nation, there will be people who will render as lawful adultery, weaving silk (for men), Al-Khamr (liquor) and AlMaa'azif (musical instruments)." [Al-Bukhari].

This Hadith states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful,' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

3 -- Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allah and that Mohammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes.
And also they fast pray and perform Hajj." They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He said, "They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun, In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allah) into monkeys and swine." [Iughathat Al-Lahfan].

4 -- Allah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah. [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

Sayings of the Scholars Regarding Music and Singing
Imam IbnTaymiyyah said, "Listening to music and sinful fun are among what strengthens the satanic ways the most. This is exactly what the disbelievers used to do. Allah said, And their prayer at the House (of Allah) was nothing but Muka 'an and Tasdiyah. [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, ibn Umar and others said that Tasdiyah is clapping of hands, and that Muka'an is whistling. This was the Mushrikeen's way of worship. The Prophet and his companions worshipped Allah, according to His order, in their prayer, reading the Quran and Thikr (supplication). It never occurred that the Prophet and his companions gathered to listen to singing that is accompanied by clapping or using drums."
Imam IbnTaymiyyah also said regarding the person, whose habit is to listen to music, "His state of emotions becomes less passionate when he hears the Quran. On the contrary, when he listens to instruments of the devil (music), he dances a lot. If the prayer is established, he either prays while sitting down or performs it as fast as when the roaster picks seeds. He dislikes listening to the Quran and does not find beauty in it while reciting it. He has no taste for the Quran and feels no love for it or pleasure when it is read. Rather, he finds pleasure if he listens to Mukaa' or Tasdiyah. These are satanic pleasures and he is among those whom Allah mentioned in the Ayah, And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allah), We appoint for him Satan to be a companion for him. [43:3 6]." [Awliyaa' Ar-Rahman].

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "Of the tricks of the enemy of Allah, Satan, that he uses to trap those who do not enjoy much intelligence, knowledge or sincerity in religion, are Mukaa' and Tasdiyah. These people of ignorance listen to and use musical instruments that are prohibited and which lead the hearts to abandoning the Quran. These hearts are indulging in sin and disobedience of Allah. Music, then, is Satan's Quran and the barrier between one and Allah. It is the way to sodomy and adultery. With it, the lover finds what he seeks and dreams of sinful love. Satan has trapped the weak hearts in the love of singing and made it beautiful to them. Satan reveals to his agents fake proofs that they use as evidence to the beauty of singing. These people accept Satan's revelation and, as a consequence, abandon the Quran. When you witness them while listening, you will find them silent in humbleness, sitting idle and their hearts are concentrating and totally enjoying music and singing. Their hearts will feel closer to music, as if they were drunk. They dance and move in a suggestive manner, like faggots and whores. And why not? They are drunk with the pleasure of listening to music and singing and act accordingly. For other than Allah, and for Satan, there are hearts that are being broken by sin, and fortunes that are being spent for other than Allah's Pleasure. They spend their lives in joyful fun and make a mockery of their religion. Instruments of the devil are sweeter to their ears than the Quran. If one of them listens to the Quran from beginning to end, it will have little effect or excitement on him. If Satan's Quran is being performed and heard, they feel joy in their hearts and one can see it in their eyes. Their feet dance, their hands clap, their breathing intensifies and the rest of their bodies feel joy. O you who are trapped in this sin, you who have sold your share of Allah to Satan, what a losing deal! Why not feels this joy when you listen to the Quran? Why not feel pleasure and comfort when the Glorious Quran is recited? But, everyone seeks what he feels is suitable for him, and ends up with what is really suitable for him." [Ighathat Al-Lahfan].

Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz was asked about listening to music and songs, "Is it Haram? I only listen to it for pleasure. What about playing the Rababah (a kind of guitar) and old songs? What about using drums in weddings?"

Sheikh Ibn Baz said, "Listening to music is Haram and a sin. It is a matter that leads to weakening the hearts and abandoning the Thikr of Allah and the prayer. The scholars said about the Ayah, And of' mankind he who purchases idle talks [31:6], that idle talks means singing. Abullah ibn Masud, the Prophet's companion, used to swear by Allah that it is singing. If singing is accompanied by the Rababah, 'Ud (Arabic guitar), fiddles or drums, it is even more Haram. Any singing with any instrument is Haram and the scholars are unanimous on this. Therefore, Muslims must be aware of it. The Prophet said, "From among my nation there will be those who render as lawful adultery, silk (for men), AI-Khamr (alcohol) and musical instruments." [Al-Bukhari]. I advise you and others to read the Quran and keep remembering Allah. I advise you to listen to Quranic programs on the radio. This way, one will find pleasure and will keep busy so he can stay away from music and songs. As for weddings, the Daff(tambourine) can be used along with innocent singing that does not call to sin. This can be done at night, only in weddings and only by and for women. These songs are a way of announcing an Islamic marriage. The Sunnah of the Prophet supports the above. As for the drums, they are Haram all the time. The Daffis permitted in weddings and only for and by women."

Many Muslims today render music as permissible. This is due to their ignorance or outright defiance of the religion. We ask Allah that we are among those who listen to the speech and follow the best of what it contains. These are the ones whom Allah has guided and granted them the bounty of sanity and comprehending minds.

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE US!! AMEEN!
Nothing, not one scrap of new evidence. The same stuff we have already seen. Only statements from "scholars".
So since we are all repeating over and over again, The Quran is said to be written by God himself. The Quran does not have any verse in it that specifically singles out music, and says all music is bad. So the only thing left to support this is statements from "scholars". Under what authority does a scholar make a statement that contradicts or alters the Quran.None. If God did indeed write the Quran, I am sure he would have got it right. It is the worst arrogance for a scholar to think he knows better than God.

anis_z24
03-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Salam
if a scholar thought so, they would not be a scholar.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-26-2006, 04:45 AM

This is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum on the forum already.

12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
As for [music], I'm not going to repeat what I've already said, so I'm just going to provide the links to where I've elaborated on the issue in previous discussions, but first, here is the book that discusses the evidences on the subject in detail:
http://members.tripod.com/oum_abdulaziz/music1.html

Discussion on the rationale behind Islam's stance on Music
Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl [Explains the consensus on the issue amongst Muslims], czgibson.

Discussion on music as an important aspect of culture
Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Ansar Al-'Adl, czgibson, Muezzin, czgibson, Muezzin.
:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.