/* */

PDA

View Full Version : questions regarding salah

The Ruler
03-22-2006, 09:55 PM
:sl:

i thought as a lot of us ppl have a lot of confusion about how to pray , so i thought i may as well start it....i dunno if there was one b4....cuz i neva duna search....but still....its a fresh start :okay:

rite ma first question is dat is salatul witr compulsory....i read it at da bak of a qaidah dat once u miss it, u v to re-do it :?....i usually do dem prayers...but sumtimes wen it gets 11:45 pm, i feel too lazy to do em...jus read da fard n go to bed...in dat case it is compulsory to make it up :? :confused:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
my mum has instilled a deep fear in my heart to always pray

isha fard, 2 rakaat sunnot, and 3 rakaat witr

i forgot why but the fear remains

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 03:36 PM
seriously, is it only fard for isha thats absolutely compulsary, is it ok to miss the witr and sunnah of isha?

hidaayah
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
the witr are obligatory prayers sis..:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
03-23-2006, 05:46 PM

Yep u have 2 pray witr but i would advise praying all the namaz/prayer because that increase your deen does it not... :?

And Allah swt knows best.

madeenahsh
03-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Asallam alykumw arahmatullahi wabarakaruh .
This book is excellent InshAllaah its going to benefit you as has been for me Alhamdululilah

http://www.al-sunnah.com/pdf/sifat.pdf
Barakatullah feekum
Wasallam alykum

strider
03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Until recently, i was under the impression that the 3 rakah witr was part of the isha salah.. but this is not so. The witr salah is salah prayed AFTER Isha salah.

For Isha salah to be complete, you have to pray 4 rakah fardh. Although there are only 4 fardh, i would not say it is okey to miss the sunnah rakahs (4 before the fardh and 2 rakah after) as to be part of the Prophet's ummah you have to follow his sunnah.

Witr salah is waajib. Waajib is an act extremely close to fardh but not made compulsory like the fardh.

Ma'assalama

Nawal89
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
hold on..are you guys saying that after my isha it's wajib for me to make salatul witr? How come i've never heard of this? And can someoen please bring a daleel?

------
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
And can someoen please bring a daleel?
Come again...:?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri

Yep u have 2 pray witr but i would advise praying all the namaz/prayer because that increase your deen does it not... :?

And Allah swt knows best.

ye it duz, if i eva miss even 2 rakaat nawwafil ma mum switches as me but i like it wen she duz that :).

hmm... who reads nawwafil while at college/school?? :?

------
03-23-2006, 08:08 PM
nawwafil - Come again...:?

abdul Majid
03-23-2006, 08:27 PM
just thought these would benifit bros and sis's

Volumn 002, Book 021, Hadith Number 238.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar : A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! How is the prayer of the night?" He said, "Two Rakat followed by two Rakat and so on, and when you apprehend the approaching dawn, offer one Raka as Witr."

Volumn 002, Book 016, Hadith Number 111.
Narated By 'Aisha : The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to offer his night prayer while I was sleeping across in his bed. Whenever he intended to offer the Witr prayer, he used to wake me up and I would offer the Witr prayer too.

Volumn 002, Book 016, Hadith Number 110.
Narated By 'Aisha : Allah's Apostle offered Witr prayer at different nights at various hours extending (from the 'Isha prayer) up to the last hour of the night.

:brother: :brother: :brother: :brother: :brother:

The Ruler
03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
yes...but lyk is it sort of compulsary wen t is l8 at nite....n say ur very sleepy :?

abdul Majid
03-23-2006, 08:33 PM
you can pray it from isha time until fajr time, and if someone is sleepy i dont think there is info on that, but everyone has free will, and i would advise praying over sleeping anyday...

salam alakum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.