/* */

PDA

View Full Version : References

itsme01
03-24-2006, 06:49 PM
:salamext:

Seen several threads that are floating around - without references from Hadith or Quran. Some of these posts are either loosely translated hadiths or just a culture saying rather than actual hadiths. I suggest that members should include references to the Hadiths or Quran - this way we can verify its integerity, before wrong message spreads accross.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-24-2006, 06:51 PM
:sl:

Tru brother but I dont say nefing unless i no dt itz in a hadith or d Qur'an

And Allah swt knows best

:w:

itsme01
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes I believe what you say, however what you may interpret might be inaccurate - therefore having a reference to backup is vital.

1m@@n
03-24-2006, 07:11 PM

hmm...

i must confess...i think ive done it a few times...

il be more weary now inshaAllah...

jazakum Allah khyrun for the reminder....InshaAllah will kp in mind and implement...

ws

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdul Majid
03-24-2006, 07:14 PM
good idea..

The Ruler
03-24-2006, 08:20 PM
yes....but den say u no da hadith u read it but dunno da actual wrds :?

wat do u do :?

Umm Yoosuf
03-24-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01

Seen several threads that are floating around - without references from Hadith or Quran. Some of these posts are either loosely translated hadiths or just a culture saying rather than actual hadiths. I suggest that members should include references to the Hadiths or Quran - this way we can verify its integerity, before wrong message spreads accross.

:wasalamex

Maybe you can post a link to the thread you are talking about:)

itsme01
03-24-2006, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Maybe you can post a link to the thread you are talking about:)
Unreferenced Post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ink-about.html
(see post#8)

Referenced Post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...-jahannam.html

czgibson
03-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri

Tru brother but I dont say nefing unless i no dt itz in a hadith or d Qur'an

And Allah swt knows best

How about this post here? ^

Just kidding. :)

Peace

itsme01
03-24-2006, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
yes....but den say u no da hadith u read it but dunno da actual wrds :?

wat do u do :?

Then you need to do some searching. It is because, what you might remember on the top of your head might not be complete or that the hadith might be weak. But incase you are certain that the Hadith is strong (and you are sure that the meaning has not be changed) then I believe its ok to post it.

abdul Majid
03-24-2006, 08:39 PM
i just wanted to say, if someone knows a hadith but is not sure of the exact words, he/she should not say it, least should it be misinterpreted, and i wouldnt wanna mis quote the rasul(pbh) or quran..

wasalam

Umm Yoosuf
03-24-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01
I understand where your coming from brother. Insha Allah someone will be able to help. I did some research but couldn't find anyhthing.

Mohammed Bilal
04-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Yes i have seen this aswell. People should shoud stop doing this unless quoting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.