/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you pray salah sitting down?

Snowflake
03-29-2006, 09:25 AM
:sl:

I've searched this topic on the net without any luck. So I'm hoping that sum1 can give me the proper technique. It's just that sometimes, I feel shaky and light-headed after doing some hard work and this really affects my ability to perform salah standing up. Tnx in advance.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Doesn't anyone know? :?

- Qatada -
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
:wasalamex

Check this link insha'Allaah:

Rulings and issues about praying on a chair.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&QR=50684

Praying sitting down with no excuse.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?QR=13822&dgn=4&ln=eng

:salamext:

Maimunah
03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
sis try this link
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqh...h/fus2_34.html
hope it will be helpful:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
JazakAllah khair mashaAllah sis & Fi bro.

itsme01
03-29-2006, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

I've searched this topic on the net without any luck. So I'm hoping that sum1 can give me the proper technique. It's just that sometimes, I feel shaky and light-headed after doing some hard work and this really affects my ability to perform salah standing up. Tnx in advance.

sis. no offence, but if you are able to work while standing - then you should be able to do Salat as well. If your "work" is causing you to get too tired, then perhaps the best thing to do is "less of it" so that you are not as tired.

Snowflake
03-29-2006, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme01

sis. no offence, but if you are able to work while standing - then you should be able to do Salat as well. If your "work" is causing you to get too tired, then perhaps the best thing to do is "less of it" so that you are not as tired.

No offence taken bro. I do pray standing up but there are times when I feel I'll keel over due to fatigue and dizziness and at those times it's very difficult to concentrate on salah. I can't lessen my workload for personal reasons. It can get too much sometimes. :P

itsme01
03-29-2006, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
No offence taken bro. I do pray standing up but there are times when I feel I'll keel over due to fatigue and dizziness and at those times it's very difficult to concentrate on salah. I can't lessen my workload for personal reasons. It can get too much sometimes. :P
ouch!, then i can only pray that Allah[swt] may help you and increase your strength to bear pain and face difficulties. and to lessen the workload

~ Ameen ~

Snowflake
03-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Tnx bro.. Ameen. All will be well inshaAllah.

MsLailaA
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Dear Sister~ perhaps you need to see a DR. and have your blood glucose level checked. The shakiness after "doing hard work" might be a sign of low blood sugar levels. Try eating a small snack of meat and cheese, or some peanut butter and crackers at those times and see if that helps. If that is not possible, carry in a pocket some hard candies- this is a diabetic's way to stave off low sugars till you can eat.
I hope this helps, and may Allah(SWT) guide us.
:sister: Laila

mizan_aliashraf
03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Salam
You can pray sitting down. I did it a few years back when i dislocated my knee (ouch)
Just thinking about it makes me remember the pain!
Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.