/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How does one develop their style ....

swanlake
04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Salaam aleykum

If one wants to develop their style of reading the Quran, how does one do it?

When i am listening to recitors, i normally try to copy it. But how can one develop their own style? Espesially now i am memorising the quran.

Also is it good idea to start the quran from the begining such as Al-baqarah and then surah Nisa etc etc rather than starting from end. I have started from the end so many times and i end up not continuing. However i thought it would be a change that i start from the begining.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
04-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Wa alaikumusalaam

very good topic, I am looking forward to seeing what some of the members the huffadh in particular have to say regarding this.

I remember something which Qari Abdul Basit said once, regarding imitating recitors.

He said it is inevitable that one will copy other recitors when you start to recite quran but in time he will develop his own tune or style.

Z
04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

You read, read, and read. Over time you will realise you read in a certain manner/style, that is your style. Then you can go about improving it.

It takes a while, be patient and listen carefully to yourself everytime you read.

Danish
04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
:sl:
yeh, obviuously u try to copy ur fav reciters first, but then u might develop ur own style or follow on that

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
swanlake
05-08-2005, 08:40 PM

Jazaakalah kheyr brothers.

ahm
05-08-2005, 08:53 PM

Better to memorise from the end. Depends, do you feel more motivated when you know you have learned x number of surahs (start from the end)? or When you know you have to complete a surah (start from beginning)?

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.