/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you pray 5 times a day?

solid_snake
04-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Well?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-27-2005, 12:42 AM
This is a rhetorical question for good muslims.

If Allah swt has commanded us to pray 5 times a day, and we do not, then this means we do not believe in Him, nor do we assign weight to His words.

:w:

BlissfullyJaded
04-27-2005, 02:58 AM
:sl:

Yeh...I do pray all 5 alhamdulillah..

How about more like... Do you pray 5 times a day at the fixed times, with full sincerity and concentration with the feeling this could be your last time performing salaah, and in ernest hope that Allah accepts your salaah?

May Allah SWT guide us all so we may pray like that.. :)

Ibn Syed
04-27-2005, 03:10 AM
This is a great thread to start. Alhamdulillah I pray 5 times a day and I am serious about it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SalafiFemaleJih
04-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Asalamualaikum wr wb,

Yeah, I pray 5 times allahmdulillah. I pray with sincere intention and with fear/hope of Allah swt.

walaikum salaaam wr wb.

Ra`eesah
04-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

yes i was asked this qn. before and i thought it was kinda of insulting. i was extreamly offended, its the second of the pillars after bearwittnessing that Allah is one. well anyway i answered the with a yes and the re asked the question..."do you pray 5 times aday?" the answer was "No, i pray more then 5 times a day and maybe you should try to as well." i felt really bad... but this person was right 5 times a day is not even enough... Inshallah we should try to pray Tahjud dohaa ect.

may Allah Guide us Ameen

afzalaung
04-27-2005, 05:26 AM
Alhamdulillah..been praying 5 times/day for almost 8 months now...:)

Ammar
04-27-2005, 11:38 AM
well alhamdullilah i also pray 5 times. fajr at home. rest in masjid.

Omar_Farouk
04-27-2005, 03:58 PM
MashAllah, may Allah keep us all punctual on our salaah, With the correct intention. (Innamal A'malu binniyaat - Actions are according to intentions).

Danish
04-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I pray FOUR times aday in summer and 5 times in winter. Fajr is kinda early, so unfortunetly miss it in summer. But i do pray Kadha

How about more like... Do you pray 5 times a day at the fixed times, with full sincerity and concentration with the feeling this could be your last time performing salaah, and in ernest hope that Allah accepts your salaah?
Sometimes i pray will lot of concentration, other times i dont
do u pray all ur daily 5 Prayers ON time & in the Masjid ??
Only pray around 2/3 with Jamaat

Halima
04-28-2005, 06:42 PM
the person who started this should ask themselves that :-[

Halima
04-28-2005, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
I pray FOUR times aday in summer and 5 times in winter. Fajr is kinda early, so unfortunetly miss it in summer. But i do pray Kadha

Sometimes i pray will lot of concentration, other times i dont

Only pray around 2/3 with Jamaat

All muslims are supposed to pray 5x a day.......

S_87
04-28-2005, 07:35 PM
all 5 Alhumdulillah :)

niqaabii
04-28-2005, 07:40 PM
i pray 5 times a day aswell

Arwa
04-28-2005, 07:57 PM

I thought you weren't allowed to tell about your sins? and like missing prayers is a major sin ...

Anyways.. alhamdulillah, I pray all 5 prayers :sister:

*off to pray maghrib!* :sister:

lol

makaveli
04-28-2005, 08:20 PM
twice a year.

Far7an
04-28-2005, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by makaveli
twice a year.
Eid salah?

which is not fardh

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 08:28 PM
isnt it obvious?

makaveli
04-28-2005, 08:42 PM
yep, the two eids.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Alhamdullilah, i make 5 a day, only sometimes i miss 1 or 2.

MuslimGirl
04-28-2005, 08:47 PM

Alhamdulilah i pray 5 times a day...May ALLAH swt accept our salaat..

i would like to ask...

what do u 'think' of when u pray in sincerity etc...fear?hope?

lately, May ALLAH forgive me...im loosing my concentration...i feel really bad...i try to translate what im saying...but my mind jus thinks of other things sometimes...

any tips?

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-28-2005, 08:53 PM
yep, the two eids.
Why pray what is voluntary and skip what is obligatory?

makaveli
04-28-2005, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Why pray what is voluntary and skip what is obligatory?
LOL, I have other things to do than worship god 24/7

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-28-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm afraid you didn't answer my question. The Eid Salat are not Fard (obligatory), but the five prayers are. Why would you skip the obligatory in favour of the lesser prayers?

And please respond in the secular thread. Every post you make simply reflects a lack of understanding of the purpose of life.

makaveli
04-28-2005, 09:50 PM
cause I don't feel like praying, there I said it. If you like praying 5 times a day, then go ahead but don't bother me. Plus, I'm in school 9-3 and I don't feel like waking up at 5 int he morning to pray and then try to get more sleep before I have to get ready to go to school, that doesn't work well.

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 10:31 PM

cause I don't feel like praying, there I said it. If you like praying 5 times a day.
Yes you just said it. [content remove]

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 10:49 PM
And according to surah Maoon the one who is not careful about their prayeds is among the disbeleivers.

Far7an
04-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I have pm'd you both, please check it

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 11:11 PM
002.008 Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in God and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.

002.009 Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!

002.010 In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

002.013 When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.

002.016 These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction.

002.017 Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, God took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

002.018 Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

Need i quote more brothers and sisters?

Hence brothers and sisters, dont waste time on these kind of people, because you are simply wasting your own time, and these will never come on the straight path.

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
I saw the message. Check your pm brother Farhan. Good post brother Ahmed.

makaveli
04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
Alhamdullilah, i make 5 a day, only sometimes i miss 1 or 2.
hmmm, you live in NYC and pray 5 times ....... don't you have school or job that prevents you from praying at least once, just curious.

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Who? Me?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 11:16 PM
002.010 In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

002.013 When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.
:thumbs_up

nope i pray at my internship, they let me take half an hour for prayer:) sisnce its DST, Fajr in morning at hoime, Zuhr at internship, Asr magrib isha at home.

Where there is a will, There is a way.

i had to simply ask them for time to pray and they let me.
School: use your lunch time:)

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Nice answer Ahmed

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Jazakallah Khair brother Syed :)

makaveli
04-28-2005, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
Who? Me?
you do see me quoting ahmed687 and not you, right? Anyway thanks for replying ahmed687.

Far7an
04-28-2005, 11:20 PM
hmmm, you live in NYC and pray 5 times ....... don't you have school or job that prevents you from praying at least once, just curious.
I study at the moment and I also work, at both places I have no difficulty praying to my Lord :). I have enough time to perform wudhu and pray without causing any problems to my studies or work. :)

Ibn Syed
04-28-2005, 11:21 PM
I saw that after I posted

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
I study at the moment and I also work, at both places I have no difficulty praying to my Lord :). I have enough time to perform wudhu and pray without causing any problems to my studies or work. :)
1 thing about these kuffaric countries that is a Pro, is that they dont take second looks at you even if you are praying in a public area like a college,workplace, etc.

Brother_Mujahid
04-29-2005, 10:43 AM
i was very saddened to hear some of the responses in this thread.
Now as muslims when or if a person is at fault you advise him with kind nice gentle words, which the person will look at and hopefully accept, because it is the truth. harshness only taints a message whether the message be good.

barakallahu feek

wasalam :shade:

S_87
04-29-2005, 10:47 AM
no offence but have you like no shame?

S_87
04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
1 thing about these kuffaric countries that is a Pro, is that they dont take second looks at you even if you are praying in a public area like a college,workplace, etc.
yh thats true
our school although non muslim had a contemplation room with musalla and a wudhu khana
only prob was :( :( about 10 people maximum of the 1000 muslims went.
for the others..the first 5 days and last 5 days of ramadhan-full

Brother_Mujahid
04-29-2005, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
no offence but have you like no shame?
what part of what i posted did you not comprehend?

:mad:

*calm down*

Far7an
04-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Barakallah feek Brother Mujahid for that naseeha

All members requested to read this :)

S_87
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
i read ur post after
i was on the third page
i think what you said is good...but look at the way he said that..as a muslim he should know better
if he had said something like
`oh i dont get the time` i would have said something much nicer
but its as if hes jesting and that angers me :mad:

Brother_Mujahid
04-29-2005, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i read ur post after
i was on the third page
i think what you said is good...but look at the way he said that..as a muslim he should know better
if he had said something like
`oh i dont get the time` i would have said something much nicer
but its as if hes jesting and that angers me :mad:
read bro farhans post above

Lateralus63
04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
In response to the initial question of the post, i would say no, why? i'll tell you when i find out.

S_87
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
yes i have read that too
but let us look at his statement :)

to me this looks like hes making a mockery.
now mockery is something very serious in islam

And if you were to ask them, they would say: 'Surely we were
only jesting and playing.' Say: 'Was it Allah, His Verses,
or His Messenger you were mocking
? Make no mistake,
verily you have disbelieved after your belief
[9/65]

now im not suggesting anything..im just saying when you want to say something never never never joke like that

Far7an
04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Then offer him advice and knowledge, making comments as we do does not aid the situation.

Brother_Mujahid
04-29-2005, 11:09 AM
who said he was joking

shouldn't you be grateful that Allah has guided you and given you the strenghth to pray your salah.

How can you start advising someone about the truth if all your going to do is bash the person down by passing and making judgements.

i still dont think you read bro farhans post.

S_87
04-29-2005, 11:14 AM
i DID read farhans post and i aplogise to u and to makaveli if my words sounded harsh
(if he wasnt joking then his statement is more serious)

Far7an
04-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Please take the time out to read this :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1873

Chuck
04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Prayer is only maximum 15min and 5 times a day. That means a day you are only spending 1hr 15mins a day. Now calculate exactly how much time do you waste on useless things.

1hr 15mins a day isn't exactly too much. I'm managing a department and I can still find time in my schedule for salat. I'm not always punctual, but I try to be punctual and pray 5 times a day.

And I hope my brothers and sisters pray for me for salat, and I pray for them too (and that includes you too :) )... Amen!

Sahabiyaat
04-29-2005, 02:33 PM
also remember many things r a form of worship
if u go uni/col...thats worship because u seek knowledge
if u eat thats worship - ur luking after the body Allah (swt) gave u

worship does not have to be exhausting
its a pleasure and a blessing.

MetSudaisTwice
04-29-2005, 02:36 PM
i agree with you sis it can't be that hard to do all 5 prayers on time. i do fajr at home and the rest at the mosque

Sahabiyaat
04-29-2005, 02:44 PM
hmmm...... :-[ ..i end up reading fajr in college.....because i'm lazy :-[

Uthman
04-29-2005, 05:42 PM

I pray all my namaz although not always on time. :( Insha'Allah may we all become better muslims. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahimprovin'
also remember many things r a form of worship
if u go uni/col...thats worship because u seek knowledge
if u eat thats worship - ur luking after the body Allah (swt) gave u

worship does not have to be exhausting
its a pleasure and a blessing.P
"Worship is an all inclusive term for all that God loves of external and internal sayings and actions of a person."
In other words, worship is everything one says or does for the pleasure of Allah. This, of course, includes rituals as well as beliefs, social activities, and personal contributions to the welfare of one's fellow human-beings. Source

Mash'Allah that was a good post (to another post) Farhan. :) We need to be patient. :) Getting angry and losing contol over emotions won't do any good. We can't force people to do anything but we can still offer guidance and support. :)

Protected_Diamond
04-30-2005, 09:25 PM
i dont :-[ :zip: i know goign to school isnt an excuse but inshallah im going to try my best to fullfill all ma salaah..inshallah

Arwa
04-30-2005, 10:34 PM

Plus, I'm in school 9-3 and I don't feel like waking up at 5 int he morning to pray and then try to get more sleep before I have to get ready to go to school, that doesn't work well.
I'm in school from 8.30am till 3.45pm and get home at 4.30pm
I wake up for fajr at 5am - whether I go to sleep late or not.
I then go back to sleep again and wake up at 7am.
I go to school aswell you know.
I live far away from school which is why I have to wake up so early.
I pray dhuhr at school and the rest of my prayers at home.
Alhamdulillah.

If you have the right intention, then of course it will work out not well, but perfectly well. :)

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 01:09 AM

many adults, teenagers, and children of the ummah do not pray 5 times a day this is a well known fact im sorry to say, the way forward is to show people the importance of salah by its virtues not by its punishments, let me explain :

When you are advertising a product, will it sell more if you show all the positive things about it, or by showing the negative things about it?

The answer is quite clear.

What im saying is, the negative is not insiginificant but in terms of reforming a society the positive is vital, you cannot convince people to pray, they have to believe it in their hearts, otherwise the routine will not last, and to do that, you need to show what people can EARN, from doing salah.

(by the way this was not directed at anyone just a general statement)

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Just a quick point about your analogy:
When you are advertising a product, will it sell more if you show all the positive things about it, or by showing the negative things about it?
I think a more accurate analogy would be to say:
When you are advertising a product, will it sell more if you show all the positive things about it, or by showing the negative things that will happen if you don't buy it?
In which case, both are useful.

But you have made a good point, and muslims should primarily focus on the rewards instead of always jumping to the punishments.

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 02:49 AM

aaah, jazakallahkhair, i did think was something was missing from my example but wasnt able to fill that gap. But yes, if we focus on what we should be doing instead of what we shouldnt be doing, we would get a lot more done :).

blackcatrain
05-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Does Osama B. Laden, Hussien and the late Monster called Arafat pray five times a day????

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-06-2005, 02:34 AM
Whether they do/did or don't/didn't, of what relevance is it? Allah swt knows best.

And if you intend to imply that prayer doesn't help someone become good, then I would point out that it is the incompetence of the user, and not the tool. If one is not benefiting from their salah, they are not praying to their loving Creator with full devotion and sincerity. As the Prophet Muhammad saws mentioned that there are some people who pray all night but get nothing from it but lack of sleep. Faith and good deeds go hand in hand.

inklink98
05-24-2005, 11:24 PM
yes i do pray five times a day alhumdulilah. But i also think the question should be Do you pray 5 times a day on the right times with full sincerity?

Ra`eesah
05-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by blackcatrain
Does Osama B. Laden, Hussien and the late Monster called Arafat pray five times a day????
That was uncalled for, Not needed seriously thats not funny at all. This is the outcome of the Muslim Ummah SUbhanallah.
May Allah forgive us. ~ameen~

Henry
05-25-2005, 01:57 AM
I sincerely would, but as of now I simply lack the knowledge on how to pray. I need to get some help from an actual person that is infront of me so I can truely grasp it. Inshallah I will learn it this weekend when I am at the Mosque for my first time :)

Ibn Syed
05-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Good for you Henry.

Uthman
05-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Whether they do/did or don't/didn't, of what relevance is it? Allah swt knows best.

And if you intend to imply that prayer doesn't help someone become good, then I would point out that it is the incompetence of the user, and not the tool. If one is not benefiting from their salah, they are not praying to their loving Creator with full devotion and sincerity. As the Prophet Muhammad saws mentioned that there are some people who pray all night but get nothing from it but lack of sleep. Faith and good deeds go hand in hand.

Nicely put brother Ansar. :shade:

Also, we must all try to pray with full sincerity and devotion. :) But (I think) many of us, if not all get those sudden lapses of faith where you find yourself doing your Salaah just for the sake of it or perhaps just because your mother told you to. Alhamdulillah, this can be nothing but a test from Allah. Obviously, we can't always have it so easy (as someone I know said) which is why we keep coming back for more. :)

Beblessed
01-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Allhamdulliah I pray my 5 daily prayer:)

Tasneem
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah i pray 5 times a day al-Hamdudillah

I got to its how i have the strength to deal with my family

SaLaMz

samina1
01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
ya i do my 5 namaz alhumdillah...
ma salam

julie sarri
02-25-2006, 06:18 PM
alhamdulillah yes i pray :sister:

julie sarri
02-27-2006, 08:06 PM
:sl: yes five times all at home becouse i'm a muslima +sunnah prays as well:w: :sister:

The Ruler
02-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Do you pray 5 times a day?
yeh sure....y not? :giggling:

mahuruf
02-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I pray all 5 prayers, but not always 5 times a day.

Wasalaam

Umm Safiya
02-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Yes, alhamdulillâh, I do pray 5 times a day, and try to pray more than that..

format_quote Originally Posted by mahuruf
I pray all 5 prayers, but not always 5 times a day.

Wasalaam
Huh? :?

khurm
03-04-2006, 02:39 PM
alhambulillah i pray five times a day and i pray all my namzs in the mosque alhamdulillah that is what Allah commanded us to do

khurm
03-04-2006, 02:39 PM
alhamdulillah i pray five times a day and i pray all my namzs in the mosque alhamdulillah that is what Allah commanded us to do

Kittygyal
03-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Well....as Av Converted Am Learnin How Ta Pray :X

BUT I'LL BE HONEST SUM TIMES I DON'T LYK LEARNIN, I GET TOUGHT BY ANUDA GYAL BUT I CN'T BE ASK SUM TIMES...

WE'LL ANYWAY I DON'T EVEN KNOW AW TA READ :X

SO NO I DON'T READ EM :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

TAKE CARE

------
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
:salamext:

*bump

Yeh Alhamdulillah...

crayon
12-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Alhamdullilah, yes.
I just wish I could also say that they are all performed with the sincerity that they should be when praying to Allah subhanahu wa taala.

Salam.

noorseeker
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Allahamdillah i pray 5 times a day , but i need to gain more concentation , i do get angry because if im at work or even when im typing this i am concentrating with ease , so why cant i only concentrate for 10 -15 mins praying to Allah swt.It is hard. when i feel my imaan is down i pray at home , i have 10 mins to go to maghrib , i voice is telling me to chill and read at home , its freezing outside, but inshallah im going to the mosque ,salam pps.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Assalam-o-Allikum
i am a new muslim and it was my hubby and his 7 wonderfull sisters mashaAllah who taught me how to recite and do namaz,
i try with sincere intention to do all 5 namaz, however not all the time can i complete 5 - due to travel, sickness, etc and i do pray forgiveness for the ones which i have missed and also fear the final day of what the judgement will be.
it took me around 6 months to learn namaz from heart and inshaAllah i can continue with good faith
Peace and Blessing
Ayesha

Kittygyal
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake
Well?
Assalamualikum.

I might have posted before in this thread, Allaah hu alim but then i never used to pray because of reasons and Allaah knows however now i have changed big times...

I'd rather keep that between me and my lord Insha'Allaah...

Ma'assalama

Esther462
12-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Do you pray 5 times a day?

Yes, I did but I've been quite streast recently and had a cold so I've let quite a few slip. I also have to let the middle prayer go on 1 day a week at the moment as it's right in the middle of a lesson.

Do I pray at the fixed times?

No. I forget the Dawn prayer so I pray at a Sunrise instead. I prayer early or late when I'm at college because I have to pray in my breaks. When I'm at home, I pray on time most days.

Do I pray in a Mosque?

No as it's an hours drive away from me and it mad to park there, so I pray at home or in the prayer room at college.

ashley66
12-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Alhamdulillah 5 times a day. 3 at the mosque, zuhr and asr at work. Although I'm a muslima, I can concentrate better at the mosque, may be because of the effort that has to be made in the preparation to do solah like, cleansing, ablution, attire well before prayer time.

For those still studying or busy at work, I learnt from example set by my sisters' best friend. She was studying in UK, sitting for final year exam and one paper after another. The exam times coincide with prayer time. So she did her 2.5 hour exam in only 1.5 hours to be able to complete her prayer. I also learn from example set by Arabs families in Sydney, when I see them praying in the park, at the train station, anywhere because mosques are very, very far apart. Some people scorn, some people smirk, but there is no excuse for not doing the 5 fard' if you know how to do it except if you are asleep, forgotten, lost your mind, dead and for ladies, that time of the month of course. So no matter how busy or difficult the situation, if you can make excuse to go to toilet, you can leave the room to perform solah.

Roasted Cashew
12-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Yup, 5 times a day.

Thanaa
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackcatrain
If im right, Blackcatrain is a nasty little Tr0ll from another board I used to go on. Its like being stalked!
No, I dont pray 5 times a day.
Id like to, and it does bother me, but Im not really sure how to go about it at work. I cant put my feet in the sink for Wudhu.
I was considering taking a bottle with me, so I can pour water over my feet inside a cubicle, but Im not sure that that is permissible.
My boss knows Im muslim, and shes flexible about me just wandering off for a break when I run out of work, Alhamdulillah, so it shouldnt be a problem for me to pray out the back somewhere.
Insha Allah, once Ive moveddown to somerset, and gotten my own flat, itll be easier to practice since it wont matter if my parents are unhappy about me reversion. At least, the wont be able to make me homeless anyway.
How do other people pray at work?
And do any sisters know anywhere that has navy of burgundy hijabs in stock, as im not allowed to wear hijab to work if its not navy burgundy, and I have not been able to find any anywhere.

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 12:36 AM
yep i defidentally do...and i remember when i started... about 3 or 4 years ago...no im not a convert..and speaking of which, i gotta go pray the isha now. brb.

Intisar
12-13-2007, 02:01 AM
:sl: I was forced to pray in dugsi when I was like 7-11 years old, and I really had no idea what I was doing until I turned 15. I don't know, something came over me and I had this sudden want, need and thirst for the deen subhanAllah. So I learned how to pray (with the assistance of a book) and I prayed every single prayer. I read the English translation of the Quran in full, and I finished it in English. Now I'm starting my way from scratch, and I completely understand what the surahs mean. For a year I stopped praying subhanAllah and when I came back to the deen alhamdulilah I noticed that I was making mistakes in my prayer. Sooooo, I re-learned how you pray and now my focus is being focused on Allah during my prayer. Also, I'm trying to learn a new Surah every week since I basically forgot everything I learned during dugsi. InshaAllah I become a hafizah though. It's really hard though, when you have people around you that are such bad influences, but I try my best to stay away from them. And I seek refuge in Allah Ta'ala only so that the shaydaan stays away from me, and that Allah Ta'ala keeps me safe from harm.

ashley66
12-13-2007, 04:21 AM
MasyaAllah sister,a hafizah. I wish I can memorise that well. Am trying to memorise the Quran almost everyday but my rate is so very slow. InsyaAllah I hope to be able to complete before I die.
BTW what is dugsi?

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ashley66
MasyaAllah sister,a hafizah. I wish I can memorise that well. Am trying to memorise the Quran almost everyday but my rate is so very slow. InsyaAllah I hope to be able to complete before I die.
BTW what is dugsi?
yes seriously what is dugsi? and i memorize a surah a day with tagwid. alhamdullah.. and inshallah i can memorize the whole quran. my cousins (girls only) memorize the whole quraan..and im next

zena_a
12-13-2007, 04:42 AM
i pray 5 prayers everyday inshallah. allah a3aallam if they are being accepted.

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 04:49 AM
inshallah to us all.

islamiii
12-13-2007, 08:39 AM
yes 5 times Thanks to Allah this is due to blessing of Allah .

Intisar
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ashley66
BTW what is dugsi?
:sl: JazakAllahu khair sister, dugsi just means quran school in my language.

00:00
12-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I try too.

Astaghfirullah.imsad

May Allah forgive me, and all the Muslim who neglect their Sallah. ameen

AlGhrnati
12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Peace,
On the authority of the Sole Lawgiver(Allah) I perform the 3 Salah mentioned in the Quran: Fajr, Wusta and Eesha.

AlGhrnati

x-samia-x
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Alhamdulillah, i pray 5 times :)

transition?
01-01-2008, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
If im right, Blackcatrain is a nasty little Tr0ll from another board I used to go on. Its like being stalked!
No, I dont pray 5 times a day.
Id like to, and it does bother me, but Im not really sure how to go about it at work. I cant put my feet in the sink for Wudhu.
I was considering taking a bottle with me, so I can pour water over my feet inside a cubicle, but Im not sure that that is permissible.
My boss knows Im muslim, and shes flexible about me just wandering off for a break when I run out of work, Alhamdulillah, so it shouldnt be a problem for me to pray out the back somewhere.
Insha Allah, once Ive moveddown to somerset, and gotten my own flat, itll be easier to practice since it wont matter if my parents are unhappy about me reversion. At least, the wont be able to make me homeless anyway.
How do other people pray at work?
And do any sisters know anywhere that has navy of burgundy hijabs in stock, as im not allowed to wear hijab to work if its not navy burgundy, and I have not been able to find any anywhere.
You don't have to put your feet in the sink or just pour the water straight out of the bottle. Maybe you can wet a paper towel and use that to do wudhu? If it's still allowed?

transition?
01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Allahamdillah i pray 5 times a day , but i need to gain more concentation , i do get angry because if im at work or even when im typing this i am concentrating with ease , so why cant i only concentrate for 10 -15 mins praying to Allah swt.It is hard. when i feel my imaan is down i pray at home , i have 10 mins to go to maghrib , i voice is telling me to chill and read at home , its freezing outside, but inshallah im going to the mosque ,salam pps.
I can totally relate.

transition?
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
No I don't pray all 5 times, I'm just starting to pray and I can't help but getting lazy and uninspired sometimes.
I just a quick powerful reminder to re-inspire me. I wish I could just get up for Fajr so I can start the day happy & inspired but I never can and it always brings my entire day down. :enough!:

abdulrahman114
01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

Yes, indeed, I pray all 5 prayers. I usually try to get them done right at the beginning of each time, insha'Allah. I really enjoy performing the salaat for Allah's pleasure and glorification, and His alone.

Wassalaam,

Abdur-Rahman

pasionatemumina
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
i try my best
but somtimes i miss them but i prey them afterwards as kalah prayers

munssif
01-07-2008, 05:02 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

As Muslims we have to pray 5 times a day.
But i know most of men don't take any effort to pray join together( Imam Jama'ath), they just pray when they are free and some do it mostly in their homes. Praying Imam jam'ath gives 27 times rewards than normal prayer, and also it helps us to pray "Nafails".
Prophet(PBUH) said, if some ane pray 12 "RAKATH" (in another Hadees 10 ), a house will be built in JENNAH for him.
BArakALLAH.

maniadoc
01-07-2008, 05:41 AM
This is a rhetorical question for good muslims.

If Allah swt has commanded us to pray 5 times a day, and we do not, then this means we do not believe in Him, nor do we assign weight to His words.

Not so fast boss!!!

We believe exercise is good still don't do it.
I believe soda damage my teeth & stomach still i drink it.
People believe alcohol is damaging still they drink it.
same about smoking.

------
06-12-2008, 10:03 AM
yeh

Yanal
12-19-2008, 04:53 AM
I don't pray in the masjid except on Fridays but pray 5 times mashallah except today, see daily rants thoughts why.

Civilsed
12-21-2008, 05:09 PM

AlHumdu Lillah :D:bump1::D:thumbs_up

Baji-Ji
01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Mashallah to all those who do.

I have been praying 5 times a day for just over two weeks, inshallah I will do so from now till my last breath.

namaaz to be is the best medicine I just find it disgusting that it took me 17 years to realise so.

May Allah Forgive me inshallah.

IslamicRevival
01-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't (yet) imsad

My Confidence is shot, No motivation, No nothing, I truly am a 'Troubled Soul'

AhlaamBella
01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Alhamdulilah I do pray all 5.

Find it very difficult at times but I always imagine shaitaan whispering in my ear about how it is too much trouble to pray at that moment.

Then when I imagine him laughing I shoot up and pray.

Great technique :)

KashifB
01-26-2009, 11:33 PM

Forgive me for asking this but I'm just a bit curious.

Most people are saying that they offer salah at their workplace or school, how do you keep clean after going to the toilet?

Admin/Moderators please delete this post if you consider it to be inappropriate.

AhlaamBella
01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Make wudhu :) I'm fortunate in the sense that the media area bathrooms are hardly ever used because they are in the lower floor of college and not that many students don't do media; so more often than not it's deserted :)

Civilsed
01-27-2009, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB

Forgive me for asking this but I'm just a bit curious.

Most people are saying that they offer salah at their workplace or school, how do you keep clean after going to the toilet?

Admin/Moderators please delete this post if you consider it to be inappropriate.

Make Wudhu and take a bottle :D

KashifB
01-27-2009, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

Make Wudhu and take a bottle :D

Yup, I have to take a bottle to work as well.

AhlaamBella
01-28-2009, 04:12 PM
What's wrong with the toilets :S

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.