/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunnah is like Medicine

Helena
04-09-2006, 09:17 PM
:sl:

Shaikh Khidir from Toronto, Canada once gave a very beautiful example on the importance of following the ways (sunnah) of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He said that sunnah is like medicine. Usually, when we visit the doctors for treatment, they write on the prescriptions the medicines we need. We take these prescriptions to pharmacists who then sell the medicines to us. Sometimes these medicines are bitter and hard to swallow, but we still consume them as we know that the cure is in them. Similarly, each and every sunnah has physical and spiritual cure for us in this world and in the hereafter. Even if some of sunnah are hard to follow, we should still follow them as the cure is in them.

“…So take what the Messenger gives you, and refrain from what he prohibits you…” Al Quran 59:7

:w: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
extinction
04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
That is such an awesome analogy ....and Im here because of the title and not your name(just clarifying)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 09:20 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to helena again."

what an annoying message that is!!!

jazakAllah khair :)

:w:

Helena
04-09-2006, 09:21 PM

jazakallahu khairan for da clarification......

:w: ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
04-09-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to helena again."

what an annoying message that is!!!

jazakAllah khair :)

he neva gve me any rep.......must be da name...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 09:25 PM
do u hate ur name or sumthin? lol? jus curious :?

Helena
04-09-2006, 09:27 PM

noooooooo....its not dat....some ppl think dat am a convert to islam.....lol....lol..... dey think am gori or something

i love my name....my grand dad kept it.......

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

noooooooo....its not dat....some ppl think dat am a convert to islam.....lol....lol..... dey think am gori or something

i love my name....my grand dad kept it.......

GooD!!!! :)

Farhiya
04-09-2006, 09:44 PM

Shaikh Khidir from Toronto, Canada once gave a very beautiful example on the importance of following the ways (sunnah) of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He said that sunnah is like medicine. Usually, when we visit the doctors for treatment, they write on the prescriptions the medicines we need. We take these prescriptions to pharmacists who then sell the medicines to us. Sometimes these medicines are bitter and hard to swallow, but we still consume them as we know that the cure is in them. Similarly, each and every sunnah has physical and spiritual cure for us in this world and in the hereafter. Even if some of sunnah are hard to follow, we should still follow them as the cure is in them.

“…So take what the Messenger gives you, and refrain from what he prohibits you…” Al Quran 59:7

:w: :)
I think we are loosing sight of what She has to say....which was a very good analogy.

extinction
04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farhiya
I think we are loosing sight of what She has to say....which was a very good analogy.
good point....

Helena
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM

ur bck terminator....soooooo any oda anology u can think off??

extinction
04-09-2006, 09:59 PM

ur bck terminator....soooooo any oda anology u can think off??

yeah for shizzle.....there was a small young fish in a little lake...he was swimming around what appeared to be food but in reality was bait....the older and more wise fish were trying to tell him this is in fact bait and as soon as you bite down this hook will come up and pull you out of this water...then there will be this creature with two big arms and 32 teeth and he is hundreds of times bigger than you or me....he will chop your head off skin you clean you out and fry then he will eat you and give your bones to another creature with a tail and green eyes(cat)...now for this little fish in the lake who doesnt know anything beyond the lake all this seems like a myth and a far-fetched story...this my brothers and sisters is exactly how it is with us and dunya...the wise amongst us and the learned tell us time and again...yet we take no heed.....good enough analogy for you???

Helena
04-09-2006, 10:01 PM

mashallah...........gud post....i see da terminator dse have brain......only joking....dnt take it seriously.....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
yeah for shizzle.....there was a small young fish in a little lake...he was swimming around what appeared to be food but in reality was bait....the older and more wise fish were trying to tell him this is in fact bait and as soon as you bite down this hook will come up and pull you out of this water...then there will be this creature with two big arms and 32 teeth and he is hundreds of times bigger than you or me....he will chop your head off skin you clean you out and fry then he will eat you and give your bones to another creature with a tail and green eyes(cat)...now for this little fish in the lake who doesnt know anything beyond the lake all this seems like a myth and a far-fetched story...this my brothers and sisters is exactly how it is with us and dunya...the wise amongst us and the learned tell us time and again...yet we take no heed.....good enough analogy for you???
subhanALlah, ye that analogy is brilliant. mashAllah jazakAllah khair bro :)

extinction
04-09-2006, 10:03 PM

mashallah...........gud post....i see da terminator dse have brain......only joking....dnt take it seriously.....

alhamdulillah Allah gave me a brain also

extinction
04-09-2006, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
subhanALlah, ye that analogy is brilliant. mashAllah jazakAllah khair bro :)
wa iyyakum

mortazaB
04-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Subhannallah thats beautiful.

"..MariAm.."
04-12-2006, 02:33 AM

Mashallah..!! excellent analogy..:) thats what my teacher once told me too..:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.