/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Man Came.......

Umm Salama
04-11-2006, 03:16 AM
As Salam Alaikum Wr Wb

A man came to Ibrahim ibn adam (as) and said " Abu Ishaq, I am unable to control myself please give me something to help me with it."

" If you accept five conditions," said Ibrahim (as) " And are able to put them into practice, your disobedience will not cause you any problem:"

"Just tell me what they are, Abu Ishaq." the man said.
"The first is that when you wnat to disobey Allah you do not eat anything He provides." "Then how will I get anything to eat? Everything on the earth is from Him!" "So is it to eat Allahs provisions and disobey hime at the same time?" Replied Ibrahim (as)

" No it is not. What is the second condition?"
"When you want to disobey Allah move off His land"
"Thats even more diffecult! Exclaimed the man. "In that case where will I live?
"Is it right to eat His provision and live on His land and then to disobey Him? Asked Ibrahim(as) "No it ios not."
"What is the third condition?"
"when you want to disobey Allah inspite of eating his provitions and living on His land, find a pleace where Allah will not see you and disobey him there."

"What do you mean Ibrahim? He knows everything that happens even in the most hidden places!" "So is it right to disobey hime when you eat His provistions and live on his land and know that he can see everything you do?"
"It certainly is not" the man replied
"Tell me the forther condition" "that when the angle of death arriaves to take your soul, you say to him, give me reprieve so that I can repent and act righteously for Allah."
"But he wont listen to me!" " Then if you cannot ward off death long enough to give your self time to repent, and you know that when it comes there will be no reprive, how cna you hoped to be saved?"
"What is the fifth condition?"
"That when the angels of the fire come to you to take you to the fire, you do not go with them"
"They will take me wether I like it or not!" exclaimed the man
"So how cna you hope to be saved?"
"enough Enough, Ibrahim! I ask Allahs forgivness and I turn to him!"
The mans repentance was sincere and from that time on he was assiduous in his worship and avoided acts of disobedience untill the day he died.

Walaikum As Salam
Umm Salama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
:sl:

May ALLAH Subhana Wa Ta'ala show us the right path, InshaAlla :sister:
jazaak ALLAH khair, Sis 4 beautiful sharing..:rose:

:w:

sapphire
04-11-2006, 11:45 PM
subhanallah ! jazakallah for sharing :)

hidaayah
04-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Mashallah..!! jazakallah khairun sis..:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Soldier
04-12-2006, 08:31 AM
very nice
I have herd another version where the granson of Prophet Muhammad, Hussein (ra) givs the same conditions to a man.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!