/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Christian Covenant- O.T Laws????

QURBAN
04-11-2006, 12:35 PM
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful!

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.”

Holy Quran- (Surah Asr 103:1-3) (Translation By Yusuf Ali)

Peace to those who follow the Guidance!

This subject did come up in a thread on this forum titled “Did Jesus Deny being God?” but due the large magnitude of information being exchanged on that thread, I thought starting new thread on this topic would be a better.

So if any Christian members on this forum can respond to some of my question related to the new covenant, it would be much appreciated-

1- What does this new covenant, mean for Mankind- i.e. are all the Laws in the Old Testament (except for the Ten Commandments) redundant?

2- If the New Testament does not modify a command from the Old Testament, or does not even address it, Do Christians have to follow that command in the Old Testament

Kind Regards

Qurban

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PrIM3
04-13-2006, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QURBAN
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful!

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.”

Holy Quran- (Surah Asr 103:1-3) (Translation By Yusuf Ali)

Peace to those who follow the Guidance!

This subject did come up in a thread on this forum titled “Did Jesus Deny being God?” but due the large magnitude of information being exchanged on that thread, I thought starting new thread on this topic would be a better.

So if any Christian members on this forum can respond to some of my question related to the new covenant, it would be much appreciated-

1- What does this new covenant, mean for Mankind- i.e. are all the Laws in the Old Testament (except for the Ten Commandments) redundant?

2- If the New Testament does not modify a command from the Old Testament, or does not even address it, Do Christians have to follow that command in the Old Testament

Kind Regards

Qurban

does this question come from them or are you asking it because you honestly want to know the answer?

*Hana*
04-14-2006, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PrIM3
does this question come from them or are you asking it because you honestly want to know the answer?
Peace PrIM3:

I can't answer the question about where the original question came from, but I found the question very interesting and I would be sincerely interested to hear the response. If you are able to answer the question I would really like to hear it.

Thanks and with Peace,

Hana
:sis:

PrIM3
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM

No actually the Ten Commandments and most of the other commandments are the form of what the 2 Laws are which is Love the Lord your God and then Love your neibhor like yourself.. so its not that the 10 commandments were detroy when Jesus came but its that Jesus came to be the spokeperson if we were to ever fail at one of them.

no Jesus said I have not come to banish the laws but to fulfill them... I think the 10 commandments was for the coming Christ ( Jesus ) but I am not saying it wasn't for us.. no no Jesus Christ said the 2 laws were such and such and if we follow those 2 laws then we will do fine into getting into heaven.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Hana*
04-14-2006, 02:16 PM
No actually the Ten Commandments and most of the other commandments are the form of what the 2 Laws are which is Love the Lord your God and then Love your neibhor like yourself.. so its not that the 10 commandments were detroy when Jesus came but its that Jesus came to be the spokeperson if we were to ever fail at one of them.

no Jesus said I have not come to banish the laws but to fulfill them... I think the 10 commandments was for the coming Christ ( Jesus ) but I am not saying it wasn't for us.. no no Jesus Christ said the 2 laws were such and such and if we follow those 2 laws then we will do fine into getting into heaven.
Peace PrIM3:

Thank you for responding, but this is what confuses me...Jesus, pbuh, said:

Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 19:16-21 (KJV)
16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

So, He says Himself the previous laws are completely intact and will not be destroyed or changed. To me it seems obvious that the 10 Commandments were not just for the coming Christ, as He also taught them to His followers.

Matthew 5:18-19 (KJV)
18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Sorry for posting so many verses, but I haven't found any where Jesus, pbuh, is quoted as saying that He came to destroy the law or that no one has to follow the laws anymore because His purpose in coming changed. (If that makes sense).

Will you please provide a quote from Jesus, pbuh, saying the law is abolished? The only ones I find come from Pauline doctrine.

Thanks and with peace,
Hana

PrIM3
04-14-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Peace PrIM3:

Thank you for responding, but this is what confuses me...Jesus, pbuh, said:

Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 19:16-21 (KJV)
16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

So, He says Himself the previous laws are completely intact and will not be destroyed or changed. To me it seems obvious that the 10 Commandments were not just for the coming Christ, as He also taught them to His followers.

Matthew 5:18-19 (KJV)
18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Sorry for posting so many verses, but I haven't found any where Jesus, pbuh, is quoted as saying that He came to destroy the law or that no one has to follow the laws anymore because His purpose in coming changed. (If that makes sense).

Will you please provide a quote from Jesus, pbuh, saying the law is abolished? The only ones I find come from Pauline doctrine.

Thanks and with peace,
Hana
wow wow... Hana and peace Sister

I wasn't trying to say that Jesus said that the law was destroyed.. Jesus infact told us that following the 2 laws would infact help us gain entry into heaven..
Jesus said sell your things to the rich man.. why? which law would that fulfill?

now if we were to fail at a law..and the accuser (satan ) were to say look what happen this guy sinned then Jesus would be our spokesperson infront of God ( if we believe that He is our savior who died on the cross )

hopes that makes sense.. I think paul said that faith without work is dead and Jesus said those who have faith will do what I do.

*Hana*
04-14-2006, 05:51 PM
wow wow... Hana and peace Sister

I wasn't trying to say that Jesus said that the law was destroyed.. Jesus infact told us that following the 2 laws would infact help us gain entry into heaven..
Jesus said sell your things to the rich man.. why? which law would that fulfill?

now if we were to fail at a law..and the accuser (satan ) were to say look what happen this guy sinned then Jesus would be our spokesperson infront of God ( if we believe that He is our savior who died on the cross )

hopes that makes sense.. I think paul said that faith without work is dead and Jesus said those who have faith will do what I do.
Peace PrIM3:

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry, you lost me. My understanding from these verses is that if you want eternal life, obey God and keep His commandments. Yet, after Jesus, pbuh, was taken up, Paul says those who live under the law are cursed. I still don't see where it was abolished by Jesus, pbuh, Himself.

Sorry, I'm running a bit late and I don't have time to look up and quote the verses, but if you need them I will do that later this evening.

Peace,
Hana

QURBAN
04-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Peace To Those Who Follow The Guidance!

Greeetings PrIM3!

Thanks for your response,

to answer your question,
are you asking it because you honestly want to know the answer?
it was a genuine question to know the answer!

i see you and sister Hanku are involved in a dialogue exchange, so ill visit the site and keep upto date, and learn from you two- But if i fail to understand somethings, i might jump in and asks questions- hope you guys dont mind-

Kind Regards

Qurban!

PrIM3
04-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Peace PrIM3:

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry, you lost me. My understanding from these verses is that if you want eternal life, obey God and keep His commandments. Yet, after Jesus, pbuh, was taken up, Paul says those who live under the law are cursed. I still don't see where it was abolished by Jesus, pbuh, Himself.

Sorry, I'm running a bit late and I don't have time to look up and quote the verses, but if you need them I will do that later this evening.

Peace,
Hana
hello hana and peace to you

I love our conversation.. when I read it over and over agian.. I don't feel as if neither of us are typing under rage or anything negative like that..

I think I know the verse you are talking about but to make sure. I would like to see them

PrIM3
04-15-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QURBAN

Greeetings PrIM3!

Thanks for your response,

to answer your question,

it was a genuine question to know the answer!

i see you and sister Hanku are involved in a dialogue exchange, so ill visit the site and keep upto date, and learn from you two- But if i fail to understand somethings, i might jump in and asks questions- hope you guys dont mind-

Kind Regards

Qurban!

Hello and Peace Qurban
go ahead.

*Hana*
04-15-2006, 09:05 PM
hello hana and peace to you

I love our conversation.. when I read it over and over agian.. I don't feel as if neither of us are typing under rage or anything negative like that..

I think I know the verse you are talking about but to make sure. I would like to see them
Peace PrIM3:

Yes, I'm enjoying it as well. No need for negativity at all when sharing beliefs for understanding. :)

The verses I was referring to are: Matthew 19:16-19 (verses already posted above), and for the next reference regarding being cursed and abolishing:

Galatians 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." (NIV)

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree (KJV)

Ephesians 2:15 ...by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace (NIV)

The above verses are taught by Paul, but the following verses were taught by Jesus, pbuh:

Matthew 5:17-20: 17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (NIV)

I hope this clarifies what I was trying to say. I do realize it's much easier to discuss when the verses are posted as well. I normally wouldn't post without them, but I have a little boy awaiting a visit to the toy store, and he was losing patience, and I was running out of time. :giggling:

Looking forward to your response.

Peace,
Hana

nimrod
04-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Qurban, thanks for a good question.

Answer for question #1. The Old Testament Law has not fallen away, and it won’t fall away till after Judgment day.
Answer for question #2. Christians who have been adopted into the Hebrew nation are not bound by any “laws” other than the 10 commandments and what additional Law the apostles agreed to bind them to and the additional instruction found in Revelation such as not eating meat that is offered in the name of a false god .
The “laws” the apostles bound them to numbers 2.
#1. Be baptized in the Lord’s name.
#2. Support the brothers and sisters doing God’s work.

The apostles left the Jewish brothers under more regulations, I will have to try and find them for you. I am outside right at the moment smoking a ham for Easter and I don’t have my bible with me.

As Prim3 has said the Law “was not destroyed, it was fulfilled”.

When we think of an article of the law no longer being in effect, we see that there is no punishment given in regard to the article or regulation of the law and those in prison, because they broke that law/regulation, are released.
In the case of the Old Testament Law though, although the “law” (little letter) for me is no longer in effect, for the Hebrews, who died before Jesus was resurrected, they will still be judged by the “Law” and all of its regulations ("law"-little L). That Judgment day comes after the world is destroyed.

That is why Jesus said Matthew 5:18-19 “18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished”.

The next verse may cause some to be confused.

19”Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven”.

That verse is in regard to the 10 commandments, not to all the articles and regulations that God had imposed on the Hebrew nation over the history of the Old Testament.

These next verses confirm what I just typed:

Matthew 19:16-21
16 Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
17 "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
18 "Which ones?" the man inquired.
Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.' "
20 "All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"

21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

The Law Jesus is citing is the 10 commandment Law, not all the articles and regulations that were imposed on the Hebrew nation through out the Old Testament history.

When Jesus was questioned about the Law he cited the 10 commandment Law:

Matthew 22: 34-40
The Greatest Commandment
34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

The Pharisees and the Sadducees were attempting to use the articles and regulations that accompany the Law to trap Jesus. They were hoping to bind Jesus to some minor article or regulation, and then question him about why he broke the law (small letter).

An example of this can be seen when the Pharisees accused Jesus of allowing the apostles to break the Law when they gathered heads of grain on the Sabbath.
Jesus used this example to teach his lesson about the “intent” of the Law verses the “letter” of the law.
If your (the Pharisees) oxen falls into a hole on the Sabbath would you not pull it out.
By the “letter” of the law they would be guilty, by the “intent” of the law they would be innocent.

This is the same lesson that Paul had to argue and teach to the rest of the apostles when he argued with them about circumcision for the Gentiles.

He argued that Abraham was “approved” of by God before the “law of regulations” by Faith in God. In other words, Abraham KNEW God was God and loved God and his fellow man. Abraham up held the Law before there was the Law.

Hana_Aku, perhaps now you can see why the Pharisees and the Sadducees were cursed. They tried to live the “letter” of the law and not the “intent” of the Law. That was Paul’s teaching in what he said.

BTW a nice thread, no bickering or arguing, just discourse.

Thanks
Nimrod

*Hana*
04-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Peace Nimrod:

Thank you for your indepth response. I do understand, for the most part, what you're trying to say, but I have some concerns with it.

The apostles left the Jewish brothers under more regulations, I will have to try and find them for you. I am outside right at the moment smoking a ham for Easter and I don’t have my bible with me.
ok, I will wait until you have time to show the verses where the apostles went away from the word of God and the teachings of Jesus, pbuh, and incorporated their own laws. (Me thinks you shouldn't be smoking ham :okay: )

In the case of the Old Testament Law though, although the “law” (little letter) for me is no longer in effect, for the Hebrews, who died before Jesus was resurrected, they will still be judged by the “Law” and all of its regulations ("law"-little L). That Judgment day comes after the world is destroyed.
My concern here is that someone seemed to take a lot of liberties with translating and interpreting the Hebrew and/or Greek manuscripts. You see, the use of capital letters didn't exist. For example, in the following verse from 2 Corrinthians 4:4(KJV) "4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

The same word used as "god" to refer to satan, is hotheos, the exact same word, hotheos, is used in the second word "God". As you know, capitalization is used for a proper name, BUT, it is also used to emphasize status or importance. In both instances, according to Greek, the word "GOD" should have been capitalized. Hotheos means The God, a proper name. Translators changed the emphasis and meaning here by altering text because, I'm sure you'll agree, none of us would be willing to give satan the same title as Allah, swt. Astagfurillah. However, understanding WHY they wouldn't want to give the same title, doesn't change the fact they altered translated text for their own purposes.

To show you how liberties are taken, the sytem gets reversed in translating John 1:1. In the portion that reads: "...and the Word was with God", the word used for "GOD" is hotheos, which means "The God". In the next part, "...and the Word was God", the word used for "GOD" is tontheos, which means "a god" with less emphasis because it is a common noun. Yet, translators took liberties to place emphasis where none existed. And, the question begs to be asked, "Why is the word "Word" capitalized at all?"

Soooo, that being said.....the Letter of the Law, or the letter of law, does not have separate meanings. But, it is through manipulating text through translations that serious problems occur. Now imagine how many times this has been done since the manuscripts were first written up to today? Jesus, pbuh, did not come to change the law of the prophets before Him, so I'm not understanding how you say it changed after the resurection. (Perhaps my understanding of what you said is not correct....I'm a tad confused by this part to be honest. :) ) If you can provide the verses it really helps me to have a better understanding.

The rest, speaking of letter of the law and intent, concerns me as well. I can't imagine man being punished when their intent was to serve God and worship only God following the laws given them. Whether they were too strict seems kind of petty. When your intentions are sincere and the purpose of trying to follow God's law is to serve only Him, why would that necessitate punishment? Also, Jesus, pbuh, chose His disciples and He personally taught them the message He was sent to deliver so they could, in turn, teach others. It was left to these 12, (well, 11, after Judas I guess :X ), to spread the word of God. Yet, Paul, a man who wanted nothing more than to see Jesus, pbuh, dead and persecuted many followers of Jesus, pbuh, comes along arguing with the disciples that what they learned from Jesus, pbuh, is wrong. :? I honestly mean no disrespect here, but these are areas where I had major concerns when I was Christian and they have never been explained.

Uffff, I'm making this post too long. Ok, I'll end here and look forward to further discussions.

Take care and Peace,
Hana

PrIM3
04-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Peace PrIM3:

Yes, I'm enjoying it as well. No need for negativity at all when sharing beliefs for understanding. :)

Peace,
Hana
Hello Hana my apologies for not posting today it is our Lords resurrection day ( easter ) and well it was fun...

well what you stated about paul saying that hte law is dead... well I think Paul was attacking those who only put their faith in the law to get them to heaven rather than to trust in God alone.

*Hana*
04-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Hello Hana my apologies for not posting today it is our Lords resurrection day ( easter ) and well it was fun...

well what you stated about paul saying that hte law is dead... well I think Paul was attacking those who only put their faith in the law to get them to heaven rather than to trust in God alone.
Hello and Peace PrIM3:

No apologies necessary, glad to hear you enjoyed your celebrations. :)

What Paul said may very well have been to only attack a few...but he didn't make that distinction. Don't you think such a strong statement that goes totally against the teachings of Jesus, pbuh, would have been made perfectly clear? See, that becomes part of the problem, PrIM3. All of us can take one statement and make it fit whatever we want. God said He wasn't the author of confusion and Paul admits that some of his writings are not inspired...so where do you draw the line? Do you follow the word of God or uninspired words of a man? How do you know when the word is inspired or opinion?

Peace,
Hana

PrIM3
04-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Delete this post

PrIM3
04-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Hello and Peace PrIM3:

No apologies necessary, glad to hear you enjoyed your celebrations. :)

What Paul said may very well have been to only attack a few...but he didn't make that distinction. Don't you think such a strong statement that goes totally against the teachings of Jesus, pbuh, would have been made perfectly clear? See, that becomes part of the problem, PrIM3. All of us can take one statement and make it fit whatever we want. God said He wasn't the author of confusion and Paul admits that some of his writings are not inspired...so where do you draw the line? Do you follow the word of God or uninspired words of a man? How do you know when the word is inspired or opinion?

Peace,
Hana
Hello and Peace Hana,

I can't answer the last few questions right now.. and I don't know where Paul stated that not all of His words were inspired by God if you can please give me a listing of scripture that show paul saying this..

but I think another verse that might show you an example of what Paul meant.. I just thought of right now is this one in:

Lord of the Sabbath
One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"
He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions."

Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

see the Pharisees in this verse took the law to seriously rather than doing what God intended it to be.

night,
PrIM3

nimrod
04-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Hana_Aku I am sorry I didn't get to this thread tonight, I will try again tommorow.

Thanks
Nimrod

nimrod
04-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Prim3 refer to Paul’s instructions for marring or not marring and you will find an example of what Hana_Aku has correctly cited, although I disagree with her further assumptions

Thanks
Nimrod

PrIM3
04-18-2006, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
Prim3 refer to Paul’s instructions for marring or not marring and you will find an example of what Hana_Aku has correctly cited, although I disagree with her further assumptions

Thanks
Nimrod

thanks Nim.

QURBAN
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Greetings Nimrod and PrIM3

Nimrod your response...

Answer for question #2. Christians who have been adopted into the Hebrew nation are not bound by any “laws” other than the 10 commandments and what additional Law the apostles agreed to bind them to and the additional instruction found in Revelation such as not eating meat that is offered in the name of a false god .
has raised few questions, i may have misinterpreted your answer, please correct me if i have-

if followers of a religion other than Christianity was to embrace Christianity then they are not bound by any laws other than the 10- Commandments, and what additional Law the apostles agreed to bind them to-

Some Religions allow for an uncle to marry his niece. The mother's brother can marry her daughter. The Law of Moses (peace be upon him) prohibits this

If a follower of such religion was to embrace Christianity, then can he still marry his niece (his sister's daughter)?

If they are not bound by any laws other than the 10 commandments then on what ground would this be prohibited? is this covered by "additional Law the apostles agreed to bind them to...?"

Kind Regards

Qurban

nimrod
04-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Hana_Aku there are a few things I need to revisit on this thread.
When I talk about things in the Old Testament not being in effect for me any longer, I don’t want to leave you with the impression that now I am free to do what ever I want.

What I have been freed from is all the regulations, not the behaviors God finds pleasing or detestable. In other words I won’t be judged for not holding a certain feast or not. But those, such as homosexuals will have to answer for their behavior.

The rule Jesus and the Apostles left for me is, not to judge anyone, that is God’s job. I am to act according to the Law of the Land, I am not to punish folks if the state is available to do it for its self.

To put it another way, I am not to stone homosexuals, the state is supposed to deal with them. I am not to stone the adulterer, the state is to deal with them.

The scripture say’s that there will be no sexual deviants or liars or thieves in Heaven. The fact they are born after Jesus was resurrected makes no difference.

The scripture concerning a person’s personal behavior is still fully and forever more in full effect.

I didn’t want the thread in a confused state.

I will find the scripture concerning why the Apostles left me under a different set of rules than they did the Jewish folks.

Right now real life has got very busy for me, I will get back to this as soon as I can.

Thanks
Nimrod

*Hana*
04-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Peace Nimrod:

No problem at all. Take your time. I know what you mean about "real life" getting busy. It's the same for me as well, so I'm much slower to respond.

Whenever you find the time is perfectly fine. :)

Take care and peace,
Hana

PrIM3
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Hello hana and peace

Sorry I haven't been on as much but yeah you know real life and stuff... right now I am trying to get out of this trial I am in.. but once I am out of it.. I'll get back to you..

In Him,
PrIM3

nimrod
04-20-2006, 01:53 AM
PrIM3 , You seem to be having some trials, I have said some prayers on your behalf.

May God bless you and yours. Amen

Thanks
Nimrod

Al-Mu'min
04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Hello hana and peace

Sorry I haven't been on as much but yeah you know real life and stuff... right now I am trying to get out of this trial I am in.. but once I am out of it.. I'll get back to you..

In Him,
PrIM3
Peace and Blessings.

I hope everything works out fine for you bro and ameen to Nimrod's prayer.

Peace.

PrIM3
04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
PrIM3 , You seem to be having some trials, I have said some prayers on your behalf.

May God bless you and yours. Amen

Thanks
Nimrod
thank you Nimrod for the prayers. I feel stronger in my faith now.

PrIM3
04-21-2006, 05:52 PM
10To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

your correct, in one case Paul gave what he believed to be what God would want.

according to what the Lord said: you shall not divorce his wife or the other way around.

but paul said in cases where the two were already married and one of them became a believer in Christ later on--- then paul says it is ok for you to be yoked with the unbeliever since you were one flesh before one of you became a believer in Him ( Jesus Christ )

( I am at school so I'll try to get back to this later )..
there is some of my thoughts on this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.