/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is dancing at home haram?

ivanna25
04-14-2006, 12:00 PM
salam,

i have a question for which i have no answer.

i like dancing oriental music much and i like watching those who dance on the tv. i dont let anyone sees me except some of my intimate sisters. i love dancing but not regularly bc this helps me to have a good shape. but sometimes when i dance, though no one sees me, feel ashamed of myself and sometimes i stop dancing. im not sure if this haram or no. by the way, i dancing does not make me neglect my prayers nor reading quran. i dance in my leisure time.

Pls reply me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 12:19 PM
sis i think if you dance where only sisters are then it's ok but if you dance where brothers are then it's not allowed

but then again it depends what kind of ''music''

Listening to music and singing is a sin and cause for the sickening and weakening of the heart. The majority of the scholars of the Salaf are unanimous that listening to music and singing and using musical instruments is Haram (prohibited).
Evidence that Music and Singing are Haram

1. Allaah said, what translated means, "And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allaah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allaah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment." [31:6].

Al-Wahidi , along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Qur'aan), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah . Ibn Masud said, "By Allaah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

2. The Prophet said (which means), "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v].

This Hadeeth states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful,' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

3. Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes. And also they fast pray and perform Hajj." They said, "Then, what is their problem?" He said, "They use musical instruments, drums and female singers. (One day) they will go to sleep after a night of drinking and having fun, In the morning, they will be transformed (by Allaah) into monkeys and swine." [Iughathat Al-Lahfan].

4. Allaah said, criticizing the Kuffar's worship around the Kaa'bah, what translated means, "Their prayer at the House (Kaa'bah) was nothing but Muka'an and Tasdiyah." [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, Atiyyah, Muj ahid, Ad-Dhahh'ak, AlHasan and Qatadah said that Muka'an means whistling, and that Tasdiyah means clapping of hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sayings of the Scholars Regarding Music and Singing
Imam IbnTaymiyyah said, "Listening to music and sinful fun are among what strengthens the satanic ways the most. This is exactly what the disbeliever's used to do. Allaah said, And their prayer at the House (of Allaah) was nothing but Muka 'an and Tasdiyah. [8:35]. Ibn Abbas, ibn Umar and others said that Tasdiyah is clapping of hands, and that Muka'an is whistling. This was the Mushrikeen's way of worship. The Prophet and his companions worshipped Allaah , according to His order, in their prayer, reading the Qur'aan and Dhikr (supplication). It never occurred that the Prophet and his companions gathered to listen to singing that is accompanied by clapping or using drums."

Imam Ibn Taymiyyah also said regarding the person, whose habit is to listen to music, "His state of emotions becomes less passionate when he hears the Qur'aan. On the contrary, when he listens to instruments of the devil (music), he dances a lot. If the prayer is established, he either prays while sitting down or performs it as fast as when the roaster picks seeds. He dislikes listening to the Qur'aan and does not find beauty in it while reciting it. He has no taste for the Qur'aan and feels no love for it or pleasure when it is read. Rather, he finds pleasure if he listens to Mukaa' or Tasdiyah. These are satanic pleasures and he is among those whom Allaah mentioned in the Ayah, And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allaah), We appoint for him Satan to be a companion for him. [43:36]." [Awliyaa' Ar-Rahman].

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "Of the tricks of the enemy of Allaah, Satan, that he uses to trap those who do not enjoy much intelligence, knowledge or sincerity in religion, are M ukaa' and Tasdiyah. These people of ignorance listen to and use musical instruments that are prohibited and which lead the hearts to abandoning the Qur'aan. These hearts are indulging in sin and disobedience of Allaah. Music, then, is Satan's Qur'aan and the barrier between one and Allaah. It is the way to sodomy and adultery. With it, the lover finds what he seeks and dreams of sinful love. Satan has trapped the weak hearts in the love of singing and made it beautiful to them. Satan reveals to his agents' fake proofs that they use as evidence to the beauty of singing. These people accept Satan's revelation and, as a consequence, abandon the Qur'aan. When you witness them while listening, you will find them silent in humbleness, sitting idle and their hearts are concentrating and totally enjoying music and singing. Their hearts will feel closer to music, as if they were drunk. They dance and move in a suggestive manner, like faggots and whores. And why not? They are drunk with the pleasure of listening to music and singing and act accordingly. For other than Allaah, and for Satan, there are hearts that are being broken by sin, and fortunes that are being spent for other than Allaah's Pleasure. They spend their lives in joyful fun and make a mockery of their religion. Instruments of the devil are sweeter to their ears than the Qur'aan. If one of them listens to the Qur'aan from beginning to end, it will have little effect or excitement on him. If Satan's Qur'aan is being performed and heard, they feel joy in their hearts and one can see it in their eyes. Their feet dance, their hands clap, their breathing intensifies and the rest of their bodies feel joy. O you who are trapped in this sin, you who have sold your share of Allaah to Satan, what a losing deal! Why not feels this joy when you listen to the Qur'aan? Why not feel pleasure and comfort when the Glorious Qur'aan is recited? But, everyone seeks what he feels is suitable for him, and ends up with what is really suitable for him." [Ighathat Al-Lahfan].

Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz was asked about listening to music and songs, "Is it Haram? I only listen to it for pleasure. What about playing the Rababah (a kind of guitar) and old songs? What about using drums in weddings?"

Sheikh Ibn Baz said, "Listening to music is Haram and a sin. It is a matter that leads to weakening the hearts and abandoning the Dhikr of Allaah and the prayer. The scholars said about the Ayah, And of' mankind he who purchases idle talks [31:6], that idle talks means singing. Abdullaah ibn Masud , the Prophet's companion, used to swear by Allaah that it is singing. If singing is accompanied by the Rababah, 'Ud (Arabic guitar), fiddles or drums, it is even more Haram. Any singing with any instrument is Haram and the scholars are unanimous on this. Therefore, Muslims must be aware of it. The Prophet said, "From among my nation there will be those who render as lawful adultery, silk (for men), AI-Khamr (alcohol) and musical instruments." [Al-Bukhari]. I advise you and others to read the Qur'aan and keep remembering Allaah. I advise you to listen to Qur'aanic programs on the radio. This way, one will find pleasure and will keep busy so he can stay away from music and songs. As for weddings, the Daff (tambourine) can be used along with innocent singing that does not call to sin. This can be done at night, only in weddings and only by and for women. These songs are a way of announcing an Islaamic marriage. The Sunnah of the Prophet supports the above. As for the drums, they are Haram all the time. The Daffis permitted in weddings and only for and by women."

Many Muslims today render music as permissible. This is due to their ignorance or outright defiance of the religion. We ask Allaah that we are among those who listen to the speech and follow the best of what it contains. These are the ones whom Allaah has guided and granted them the bounty of sanity and comprehending minds.

i hope this helps :)

take care

ivanna25
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM
well, i dont think music is haram. music doesnt harm us to be haram. listening to music, esp classical music, promote our souls and promote the artistic side in us. scientifically proven, some plants grow faster if ther are placed in aplce where the music is played.

Sami yusuf latest CD is full of songs in which there are all musical instruments. not music haram but some kind of music haram. the songs for example which encourage people to do haram or excite them sexually. some rap songs encourage people to be violent and rude etc.

but im askin if dancing haram esp, sorry for saying so, im imitating shakira in her dance. but im not like her in anything except the way she dances. and i dont let any one see me even my brother and father. that s clear.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM
sis you can read this too i hope this helps you :)

The first thing to remember in matters relating to dancing or any other form of performing arts is that Islam has not expressly prohibited taking part in any of these activities. The most one can say, due to this lack of express prohibition of the Shari`ah is that one finds taking part in these activities to be against the spirit of the directives of the Shari`ah. Such a comment, however, will warrant that a difference of opinion can exist in such matters. The decision, in such a case should be that of the individual.

From your question, you seem to be quite well aware of what classical dancing is and how it fits in with the social directives of Islam. As a form of artistic expression, Islam does not prohibit it. However, within every form of artistic expression, there may be certain limits that the individual may find to be, in some way, beyond the moral limits set the Shari`ah. A good Muslim is required by the Shari`ah to honor and uphold the directives of the Shari`ah and also to keep away from all such actions, which he finds to be against the spirit of the directives of the Shari`ah.

take care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ivanna25
04-14-2006, 12:33 PM
well, thanks my sister, i read all this before but i heared in many religious channels , music is not haram, but some kind of music haram. there is a music in nature. the singing of the birds the sound of water falls, the sound of windows etc. music is part of our nature.

i dont listen to music much, and when i listen, i choose sami yusuf. if music haram, why brother sami yusuf uses musical instruments in his songs though he is a religious and pious person.

liste, w live in a world full of corruption, if we order people to stop doin everything, they wouldnt embrace islam. islam is religion of "yusr".

many scholars say that women have to cover their faces and give proof from Quran and sunnah, while others say that women should cover all her body except face and hands, they also take arguemts from quran and sunnah. it s a matter of choice, you can choose the things that u like but without disobeying God.

how can i dance if there is no music? :heated:

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 12:39 PM
well sis i know what you mean but as in izlam ''music'' is not allowed full stop!
and we had a thread about if ''music'' is allowed or not but am not sure if it still here or not but anyway all i can say it isn't cause i have reverted and i don't know that much so please forgive me if i have said anything bad cause my intention is not to :(

if your saying how can we dance if theres no ''music'' then don't dance at all and also i read an article saying that if you dance or listen to music then why not do other stuff that is not allowed in izlam!

also sis you need to think on the positive side cause as a muzlim you know certain instruments are not allowed and also if there is no music and you can exercise am sure that is allowed :rollseyes

take care

Muslim Soldier
04-14-2006, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ivanna25
, esp classical music, promote our souls and promote the artistic side in us. scientifically proven, some plants grow faster if ther are placed in aplce where the music is played.
True but not to all music. Only classical music is good for health according to science.

Also proven that rock music is bad for health. Experiments carried out showed effects of rock music.

An egg was taken and kept near a speaker which played rock music and six hours later the liquid protein in the egg turned solid!!
the human brain has many fluid proteins. Guess what happens

but im askin if dancing haram esp, sorry for saying so, im imitating shakira in her dance. but im not like her in anything except the way she dances. and i dont let any one see me even my brother and father. that s clear.
I dont watch, listen to songs and all but from what I know Shakira and the other singers expose themselves and hence watching these is not appropraite.

Muslim Soldier
04-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Is it necessary to dance? You can excercise to stay in shape.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Music is prohibited and condemned by many Qur’anic verses. Allah says, “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. Music, singing etc.) to mislead men from the path of Allah without knowledge and takes it (the path of Allah, or the verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).” (Luqmaan: 6).

take care

ivanna25
04-14-2006, 12:51 PM
mashallah alikoum, u have a stron belief.

well, dont u think that dancing and move one's body esp the belly is not like doin other sports?

again, why brother sami yusuf uses all the musical instrument in his songs if music haram? when i heared some of his songs, i feel like i wanna dance, but i dont dance when i listen to his songs bc dancing is inconsistent with praisin Allah and his prophet.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 12:56 PM
well there you go sis ok if Sami Yusuf has got instruments that are NOT allowed in izlam then why listen to the red ''evil''?!

and sis you can exercise with out music thers no problem with that and if you think about when oyu stand in front of your lord what are you going to say to him when asks you why you listen to music and dance?

what are you going to say then sis?
you always need to think what is going to happen later on

take care

Muslim Soldier
04-14-2006, 12:58 PM
salaams
I dont know who Sami Yusuf is but I can say this. Perhaps he has been given permission by a cleric. But otherwise music is haraam

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Beware of things that lead to Allah’s wrath. Appearance of music and stringed instruments is a cause of Allah’s wrath and His chastisement. Aboo Maalik Al-Ash’aree narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, “There will be a group of people among my nation who will drink alcohol calling it by other names and upon their heads stringed instruments will be played and in their presence songstresses will sing, Allah will cause the earth to swallow them and He will turn them into monkeys and pigs.”

Umu 'Isa
04-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Music is haraam full stop. The only instrument that isnt haraam is the drum thing called the 'duff'..
and Sami Yusuf songs with music are haraam. Just because his music has instruments in it doesn't mean its right.

Umu 'Isa
04-14-2006, 01:07 PM
sister, please take a look at this thread here
It is explained in great detail as to why music is haraam.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Clean yourselves and your ears from idle talk and stringed instruments of Satan and replace them with the Gardens of Paradise that are to be found in Qur’anic reading and Sunnah study circles, you will reap the everlasting fruits, have guidance and find a cure for all diseases of the heart, mind and soul. Be among those whom Allah describes thus: “And if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass it by with dignity.” (Al-Furqaan: 72).

take care

ivanna25
04-14-2006, 01:19 PM
islamgyl, who do u rfer to when yu say evil red? u r commitin a sin by saying so.
bro sami yusuf is religious man who spreads islam by giving a good example of islam. his songs touch the heart of many people and many have converted to islam because of him.

go to www.samiyusuf.com

Umu 'Isa
04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
that maybe so sis but it doesn't mean what he is doing is right.

Bukhari Volume: 7, Book Number: 69, Hadith Number: 494v
Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

As you can see dear sister, that the use of instruments is haraam.

Ghazi
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
islamgyl, who do u rfer to when yu say evil red? u r commitin a sin by saying so.
bro sami yusuf is religious man who spreads islam by giving a good example of islam. his songs touch the heart of many people and many have converted to islam because of him.

go to www.samiyusuf.com
Salaam

Music is haraam full stop there's plenty of hadiths to support this and quranic verses, yet I havn't come across one to say it's halaal.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 01:27 PM

go to www.samiyusuf.com

sis am not trying to be bad or anything i am just saying the ''red evil'' who is satan who leads us to the wrong path i am not saying ''sami yusuf'' is that :heated: :heated:

sis i do understand that you may like his lyrics but then again sis if you think about it sis check his ''INSTRUMENTS'' out! :uhwhat

sis please read this:- Brothers in faith! Beware of things that lead to Allah’s wrath. Appearance of music and stringed instruments is a cause of Allah’s wrath and His chastisement. Aboo Maalik Al-Ash’aree narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, “There will be a group of people among my nation who will drink alcohol calling it by other names and upon their heads stringed instruments will be played and in their presence songstresses will sing, Allah will cause the earth to swallow them and He will turn them into monkeys and pigs.”

salam

Muslim Soldier
04-14-2006, 01:29 PM
music is haraam wether or not anybody great does it or not

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
music is haraam wether or not anybody great does it or not

there you go that is so true the answer is NO,music is not allowed full stop!

W.salam

ivanna25
04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
ok i think everything haram in islam, what is halal then.

u know sth, years ago i was very religious, i didnt listen to music nor shake hands with men, and i was the only one in my family. on day, i was fed up and took off my hijab.

after 4 years, i repnted and di hijab again. but i never stop prayin since i had 13 years. now, im religious i try to do halal but i dont want to deprive myself from everything bc im not like you, i can feel supreesed like that. in my country, some people do not pray, dont even worship Allah.

most girls have boyfriends and have sex. and bc i fear Allah, i dont do like them though i want this very much. i fight this carnal soul. so there are many things we should not do.

you use really cruel words, god will turn people who listen to music to pigs and monkeys, am i killing people, am i worshipping anything except God?

please, everything should be done gradually step by step.

we are human beings after all and we live in a world full of "fitna" and corruption. its hard to be 100 percent pure from sins.

Kittygyal
04-14-2006, 02:00 PM
salam

sis the quote i give you is form a ''hadith'' i did not right that sis

and also you are wrong by saying everything is ''haram'' in izlam:heated: :heated:

W.salam

Ghazi
04-14-2006, 02:00 PM

u know sth, years ago i was very religious, i didnt listen to music nor shake hands with men, and i was the only one in my family. on day, i was fed up and took off my hijab.

after 4 years, i repnted and di hijab again. but i never stop prayin since i had 13 years. now, im religious i try to do halal but i dont want to deprive myself from everything bc im not like you, i can feel supreesed like that. in my country, some people do not pray, dont even worship Allah.

most girls have boyfriends and have sex. and bc i fear Allah, i dont do like them though i want this very much. i fight this carnal soul. so there are many things we should not do.

you use really cruel words, god will turn people who listen to music to pigs and monkeys, am i killing people, am i worshipping anything except God?

we are human beings after all and we live in a world full of "fitna" and corruption. its hard to be 100 percent pure from sins.
Salaam

I understand, but when something has been clearly been pointed out to you to be haraam, then it's the fault of the person, and their's no excuse for that.

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 02:16 PM

go to www.samiyusuf.com

salaam!
Although sami yusuf nasheeds have mindblowing lyrics, man i never approved the haram music he uses, ie >>>PIANO!!<< :grumbling

Allah said, what translated means, And of mankind he who purchases idle talks to mislead (people) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah) by way of mockery, For such there will be a humiliating torment. [3 1:6].

Al-Wahidi, along with other scholars of Tafsir (explaining the Quran), said that "Idle Talk" in this Ayah is singing. The following companions gave this Tafsir: Ibn Abbas, Ibn Masud, Mujahid and Ikrimah. Ibn Masud said, "By Allah, whom there is no God except Him, idle talk is singing."

The Prophet said, what translated means, "From among my nation, there will be people who will render as lawful adultery, weaving silk (for men), Al-Khamr (liquor) and AlMaa'azif (musical instruments)." [Al-Bukhari].

This Hadith states that musical instruments are Haram, and there is no disagreement among the scholars on this. In his book, Ighathat Al-Lahfan, Ibn Al-Qayyim said, "When the Prophet said, 'render as lawful,' he meant that it was unlawful, then the people made it lawful."

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, what translated means, group of this nation will be transformed into monkeys and swine." They said, "Do not they testify that there is no god except Allah and that Mohammed is His Messenger?" He said, "Yes.

Many Muslims today render music as permissible. This is due to their ignorance or outright defiance of the religion. We ask Allah that we are among those who listen to the speech and follow the best of what it contains. These are the ones whom Allah has guided and granted them the bounty of sanity and comprehending minds, ameeen

MUSIC IS HARAM >>>>FULL STOP!!<<<< :skeleton:

Muslim Soldier
04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Are you serious :rollseyes :rollseyes

Allah has given you a test. Not having relgious relatives is not a reason to go against Allah. Remember you will be rewarded

i dont want to deprive myself from everything bc im not like you, i can feel supreesed like that. in my country, some people do not pray, dont even worship Allah.
What do you mean you are not like ___?
Allah has given avery person the strenght to bear the hardships.

most girls have boyfriends and have sex. and bc i fear Allah, i dont do like them though i want this very much.
I am sorry you feel like this. I advise you to read about the consequences of zinnah and to learn how to control yourself.

I fight this carnal
Good for you keep it up

These things are mentioned to scare a beliver from committing the acts

Emperor
04-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Hello Ivanna:

I do not recall anything in the Qur'an saying that dancing is forbidden to us. If you haven't read it make sure you do so. :)

Emperor
04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Ivanna, there is absolutely nothing wrong with music. No where in the Quran did God say music or dancing is forbidden. You need to read the Quran in its entirety on your own and reflect.

God turns people into pigs and monkeys for listening to music? So says WHO? Not God Himself! Ivanna; as I said above, you need to read the Quran to know what God really wishes of us. If you look at your faith as a mere set of dos and don'ts-- a mechanical habit-- then you don't have a true understanding of Islam although you believe you have been following it. As to the ways of nonbelievers, there are things they do that you must disregard.

Starseeker
04-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Ivanna, It's sounds as though you feel supressed by Islam maybe you should read to undersatnd more about it because the benefits of being a muslim outweigh the concequences of the day of judgement.

azim
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM

we are human beings after all and we live in a world full of "fitna" and corruption. its hard to be 100 percent pure from sins.[/quote]

Salam sis.

I can tell from some comments in your post you feel very overwhelmed by everything in Islam, but don't be. Things need to be taken step by step (like you said :D) and insha'Allah it'll all be fine.

The general consensus of the scholars is that music is haram. But as humans, we could never just STOP listening to music overnight. Try and find alternative halal music and slowly start listening, Zain Bhika, Dawud Wharnsby, Ahmed Bukhtair etc... They all have halal and excellent songs.

Only the things not beneficial to us as Muslims are haram. We're being offered something so great and so peaceful. Salah, with khushoo and earnest love for Allah is one of the most amazing joys given to mankind. The amazing peace and love and happiness we can develop from Salah outweighs the pleasure of this world so much.

They say you only live once - that's a lie. You live twice. This world is nothing but pomp and glitter, and Allah really does love us, and he is trying through his messengers and his books and his signs to guide us to his love and his pleasure and to the best of 'life'. In the hereafter sister, you will have whatever you desire. If you want music then Allah will give you music that will fill your heart and be beyond anything you could imagine on this earth. Please don't lose heart or faith sis.
This is so common around the world but in Islam it is forbidden - not because Allah wants to deprive us of joy, it is because Allah is trying to give us the best of this life. What is worth more? Sex with near-stranger, or sex with your husband (or wife) which is worth so much more. Allah wants us to have the best in this world and the hereafter. Ask perhaps a revert sister who lived a life of casual sex, drinking, music and clubbing - ask her if she really enjoyed? If she really had peace? If she felt happy?

Wallahi sis they are wise words. We will never be free of sins, but we can be forgiven of them. If we often seek forgiveness of Allah (earnestly) then Allah will rid us of the sins and faults we have.

Far7an
04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
:sl:

There has been a lengthy discussion on the forum previously about whether music is permissible or not. In short, read this.

Umu 'Isa
04-15-2006, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emperor
Ivanna, there is absolutely nothing wrong with music. No where in the Quran did God say music or dancing is forbidden. You need to read the Quran in its entirety on your own and reflect.
what the..... :rollseyes

It may not say anything in the Quran about music. But definately does in hadiths. There are many to prove that. And a muslim is not a muslim if he does not believe in the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (saws)

ivanna25
04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
sarah999, what u mean by i have to read moire about islam? and i m suppressesd? im not supressed. ok? im free to do what i like, if i want to do haram, no one will stop me, on the contrary, i will find people to encourage me. Im fully convinced that Islam is the best religion in the world. i feel happy in it but we must suffer, we cant be happy 100% and satisfied. the prophet Mohamed (PBUH) sais: " this earthly life is a prison to believer and a paradise to the disbeleiver). what does his mean? this means that the belever has a limited freedom in this life, he can t do what he likes, and that the one who disbelieves in God will be in a paradise in the sense that everything is permissible.

i know a great deal bout Islam and im still searching. ok? everyday, i listen to lectures by Muslim scholars either in english or in arabic.

Muslim soldier, i know the consequences of zinnah very well, i think you didnt read my msg very well. i said though i want do sex but i cant do it because I fear Allah. ok? because i know the bad consequences of haram, i dont do it. the best thing is to avoid doing sth u love for the sake of Allah.

yes, my brothers and sister, to be a true Muslim means to suffer sometimes. but nice sufferance. I want to do many things but i dont do them because i know that Gop, Who i love, is watching me all the time, and that two angels are in my both sides noting down everything i say, do, and think about. im aware of all this.

God gives me beauty and i protect it from haram by wearing respectful clothes and im modern and sometimes fashionable following the conditions of the right hijab. i really need man much and i already love my collegue at work and when he is next to me giving me instruactions, i suffer inside. why? because i love and i want him, but i cant do haram with him. im proud of myself because im able to control my self. in fact, not because im strong, but because know that i fear him and He helps me. at home, in my bedroom, i cry alone because i really need someone i love to share with him everything but at the same time i feel happiness deep inside of me because im suffering in order to satisfy Allah.

ok, everyone will say, then get married. well, in this life, not everything we want can be achieved. there were some few guys asking me for marriage, but most of them do not pray or they do not give religion priority in their life. i cant get married with someone who doesnt give priority to God and Mohammed. and now im in love, ( loving a man not haram since i dont lmet his touch my hand) because when u say lovin someone who is not your husabdn haram means that you want to eradicate human feelings too. well, im in love and i ,pray to god that if this man is a good person to me , let him come to ask me for marriage. i rely on God, if sth or someone i lobne does not come to me, i immediately believe that he is not good for me and i pray to God thinking.

there should be a relation with your God, there should be love with your Lord. not everyhting haram, haram. islam is a religion that permits do what we want but we should follow the rules. islam is not suppression of love feelings and desires but regulating them.

we have to use our brains. we dont have to take the teaching of Islam literally, and the difference is always allowed and this what gives meaning to life. what will happen if i listen to music? since i choose the kind of music i listen to and since i dont watch the video clips which call to "radila" or haram. Allah forbids only the things that may harm us. music has a good effect on us and on plants too.

im a muslim girl who wants to follow the path of Allah and not to do haram but i have my own world, a small one. my small family ( mum and brother), my job ( commercial agent), my small bed room and my PC. i read Quran, read it , listen to lectures, read the explanation of Quran, discuss islam with people, pray on time, remmeber God but ... i watch sometimes science fiction movies, cartoons, listen to nice music, dance in my bed room and sing. what s the problem, im happy like this, im sure no harm in this. u know what my friends do? everyday, they go out with their boyfriends and have sex with them; they smoke and even drink; go to dance in disco. they dont pray and many things. i have the freedome they have but i dont like to be like them because i know that i may die anytime.

so u r wrong to think i dont understand islam. islam is a religion encourages reading about the whole world and the universe, islam is religion of helpin the poor and a religion of working hard and know the meaning of the money you gain from halla way, not just dont listen to music; otherwise ull turn to pig and monckeys.

God knows what He will do to his creatures.

wa salam.

ivanna25
04-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh, Allah give us strength to fight the Satan and the carnal soul and defeat them, ameen ya rab

broth3r Ali
04-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh, Allah give us strength to fight the Satan and the carnal soul and defeat them, ameen ya rab
aameen!!!!!!!! :)

Cheb
04-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Ivanna it is important to know that we cant adapt Islam to adjust to our own beliefs. We follow the Quran and Sunnah word for word. I read in one of your posts that if we keep forbidding everything then no one will join Islam. I say, then that is the way it shall be. If someone is to revert, they should do it because they are convinced with every aspect of Islam, not just the ones they choose to accept. No offense intended this is just a comment on taht particular post.

This link may help answer your first question though:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545778

Battle_4_Peace
04-15-2006, 01:31 PM

We know that there are 3 verses in the Qur'an, which speak about music, according to the greatest scholars of Islam. The Mufasireen say it is about music, then who are we to say otherwise? We don't even know the basics of Islam. There are many Hadith's which forbid listining to music. The Sahaba did not allow anyone to listen, the Tabieen did not listin, the students of Tabieen did not listin, the scholars of Islam do not allow it. Then who says it is allowed? Abu Haneefah said that even the striking with a stick is Haram. Imam Malik said that it is Haram and only the Fasiqeen listin to it. Imam Shafi said that the one who listens to music, his testinomy must be rejected.

Ahmad ibn Hanbal said, it sprouts hypocrisy in the heart, don't sit to listin to it! All the Sahaba forbid it, all the scholars i know forbid it. So where is the question, if music is allowed or not? Music is only allowed for women, only in Eids and only the daf. That's it. In stead you can download Qur'an and for each letter you hear, you will get 10 rewards Insha'Allah. Is that not better? Or you can listin to Nasheeds (Without music in it). The real life and enjoyment for us is in the Hereafter Insha'Allah. Ofcourse we can enjoy life, but only Halal. The prophet said that this world is a prison to the Muslim and a Paradise for the Kafir. So seek the peace in prayers, not in music. Will you be alive the next hour? If you don't know, then would you dance and play music or pray to Allah?

:w:

Maimunah
04-15-2006, 01:35 PM
pray to allah ofcouse
music is haraam!!
wasalaam

Emperor
04-15-2006, 07:05 PM
The Quran is the full word of God. The Book tells us it alone is our guide and is not incomplete or lacking in any way. Where does the Quran tell us we cannot listen to music or dance? To say we must look to texts authored by men is to say that God gave us insufficient guidance in the Quran which is His word.

afriend
04-15-2006, 07:08 PM
This will clear many, if not all misconceptions inshallah, By the way, Emperor of what? or who?

Music is one of the purest and most beautiful creation of God Almighty who set the tone and rhythm of every sound in the universe. Music or singing like all the creations of God, that now constitute an important part of our daily life, can be lawfully used or maliciously abused. Both music and singing are created pure, and beautiful like our fresh air and fresh water and they can be corrupted or polluted by evil-doers of every nationality, color or gender. The corruption of some music shows or songs does not make all the music or songs haram (prohibited) just like the pollution of some water or fresh air by some people will not deem all the water and air haram (prohibited).

The sincere Muslim who is following the Quran will not find in the Quran ANY PROHIBITION whatsoever OF MUSIC OR SINGING. God is very specific and His commands are very clear regarding any prohibition given in the Quran. God, the Most Merciful, NEVER prohibited music or singing in the Quran. Any prohibition of music or singing that is talked about among some Muslims has no basis in the Quran. These prohibitions are innovations made up by some of the scholars and their followers who do not shy from refusing to follow the clear commands in the Quran and instead follow man made laws and books of Hadith and Sunna that contradict the Quran, contradict simple common sense and insult the message of the prophet Muhammad. These books of Hadith and sunna were written over 200 years after the death of prophet Muhammad (See Hadith and the corruption of this great religion). The prophet Muhammad himself followed and preached ONLY the Quran. These scholars and their followers, who failed to accept God's law in the Quran, looked for different kind of laws in the interpretation of Imams (leaders), Sahaba (companions) and Tabi'in (followers). They invented their own law and claimed that "Music and singing are haram." Those who are confused or ignorant with their Quran choose to follow the interpretation of these human idols and their laws and disregard the clear laws of God in the Quran. After all we should always remember that Quran is the book that God calls COMPLETE, PERFECT and FULLY DETAILED,

In the following paragraphs, we will see what the Quran says about this issue. I will expose the false teachings of those who refused the law of God in the Quran and made their own law to prohibit Music and singing. Understanding this issue is understanding Islam (submission) and what Islam stands for. There are certain basic understanding that you should know when talking about any laws in Islam (Submission). I will talk briefly about these basics first, God willing;

(1) Quran is a COMPLETE, PERFECT AND FULLY DETAILED BOOK, (as far as this religion is concerned): See 6:19.,38 and 114; 7:52; 17:12; 11:1; 41:3; 12:111, and 16:89. Those who refuse this notion by God Almighty should not go any further. They will not see or understand anything as God promised in His book.

(2) The Prophet Muhammad, lived by, ruled by, preached and followed the Quran alone. See 5:48-50

(3) God is the ONLY source of law, 6:114. No one, including the prophet Muhammad, can prohibit what God did not, 66:1. When the Prophet Muhammad once did, God admonished him in public to remind the believers that ONLY GOD can prohibit. See 66:1 and 33:37.
Many of those diseased at heart quote verse 59:7 as a proof that the prophet Muhammad permitted and prohibited on his own. They are hoping to confuse those who are not familiar with the Quran, as this verse is talking about the spoils of war and has nothing to do with any laws or any prohibitions.

(4) In addition to reminding us repeatedly that the Quran is DETAILED, God told us that He detailed for us what has been prohibited for us, see for example 6:119. God did not need assistance from any Imams, Sahaba or Tabi'in. God did not expect or wanted the prophet Muhammad to make his own laws. The Prophet Muhammad did not bring any laws other than the Quran, but the fabricators of the books of Hadiths and Sunna did.

(5) God does not forget, 19:64. He did not forget to prohibit Music or singing and waited for someone else to do it. The prohibition of Music and singing cannot be found in the Quran because God did not prohibit them.

(6) Those who believe God in His book believe that Quran is a COMPLETE BOOK as far as Islam is concerned and it is as well regarding all the prohibition. The list of prohibitions in the Quran does not include Music or singing. When needed, prohibitions are given clear and straight forward so as to leave no doubt in the minds of the believers, See 39:28.

(7) Some people do not want to believe God in the Quran, when He tells them that He has no shortage of words. God could have used both words, music AND/OR singing or words referring directly and clearly to them, if He so chose, See 31:27 and 18:109. The TRUE BELIEVERS know that the absence of these words from the Quran is because God never prohibited them and not because God does not use them, forget them, know them or know how.

(8) The Quran teaches us that God is extremely displeased with those who prohibit anything that was not specifically prohibited in the Quran, see 16:112-116.

(9) The upholding of any prohibitions not specifically mentioned in the Quran (e.g., prohibiting Music and singing) is tantamount to idolatry (6:142-152). Such prohibitions represent some other god) besides God.

(10) God condemned innovated prohibitions in 7:32

"Say, "Who prohibited the nice things God has created for His creatures, and the good provisions?" Say," such provisions are to be enjoyed in THIS life by those who BELIEVE. Moreover, the good provisions will be exclusively theirs on the Day of resurrection." We thus explain the revelations for people who know." 7:32 (QURAN)

(11) God condemned any other Hadith than the Quran for religious laws, and called His book, the Quran, the BEST Hadith. God called on the believers to follow only His Hadith, the Quran, and so did the prophet Muhammad. See 7:185, 10:36, 31:6, 39:23, 45:6, 52:34, 68:44, 77:50, 39:29..., etc.

Now and before responding to those who claim that Music and singing are haram in Islam (Submission), let us ponder for few seconds at our universe and the way God created this world.

While we might remember that Galileo once said, "Mathematics is the language in which God wrote the universe.", it may be fair enough to say that Music has been the voice of that universe.

Any keen observer of the universe will realize that the whole universe was created with music in every corner of it. Our talking, crying, laughing, singing, yelling or screaming are nothing but music. Our heart beats, bowel sounds, breath sounds, the sound of our blood flow or even our brain waves are but music. The birds, the animals, the trees, the oceans, the wind and the clouds are all created with their own music. Music is in every corner of our universe. With music in every thing around us, it is naive to think that the One God who created all this music prohibited it. Those who claim that Music and singing are haram, lie about God and prohibit what God never did.

The human being was created and given one of the most valuable gifts, a voice box, which is in reality a music box. This voice box, or the larynx is one important instrument that allows us to communicate with each other and with other creatures around us. Our arrival and departure to and from this world are celebrated with that special music, the cry of the newborn or the cry for the departing one. The arrival of the newborn to this life is announced by his/her scream, the best music to the mother's ear. For the earlier months of the human being's life, the only way of communication is through the music that his/her voice box makes until he/she learns the more sophisticated music that is called the speech-language. It is not surprising to find out that listening to a foreign language is like listening to music with different tones. Those who prohibit music do not understand their Islam (Submission), or the basic gifts in life that God gave them.

A quick look at the life around those who condemn music and prohibit what God did not, will only expose their hypocrisy. Life around these people is full of music, a music they do not understand or appreciate, the music that God put in their life to prove to us how wrong they are.

Examples of such music around them are, the door bell, the car horn, the alarm clock, the telephone, fire alarm, the whistle of a tea pot , the computer, the radio, TV, the kids toys, the exotic birds, the lawn mower..., etc. All these are but few of the music producing instruments in our life. Those who missed the true Islam, missed what life actually means, they prohibit what God did not in His complete book, the Quran.

Now let us look at what these people use to claim that Music and singing are haram. I will specifically quote from the posting in AOL Islam BB. library with the title "Music and Singing" , posted on 9/2/96.

(1) First, it is interesting to see the inverted logic of these people. After finding no proof in the Quran to prohibit music, by their own admission, they resort to the weaker sources one after the other to try to prove what they could not find in the Quran. Those who refuse to accept the Quran as a complete book for this religion, are led by Satan into inventing all kinds of laws from sources outside the Quran.

(2) In every verse they used in an attempt to prove that music is haram, they ended by concluding that the verse does not really prohibit Music. Despite that, they never got the message that God DID NOT PROHIBIT MUSIC OR SINGING. They also failed to understand that prohibition laws ONLY COME from God. When the prophet Muhammad gave any prohibitions it was FROM THE QURAN ONLY, and was not from his own. When the prophet Muhammad once tried to prohibit on his own, God admonished him publicly, see 66:1. Here are the verses that they claim to prohibit music and singing with few comments from me;

a) Allah addresses the disbelievers of the Quraish as follows, "Do you marvel at this statement, and laugh and do not weep, while you amuse yourselves (proudly) in vanities? Rather, prostrate before Allah and worship Him." (53:59-62)

Because of the expression "amuse yourselves" these Muslims twisted the words and the logic to make a conclusion that music and singing is what is meant here. They are missing the point and the meaning that is clear to any sincere believer. The word is general and indicates that any kind of amusement that keeps you from paying your duties to God is leading you to commit a sin. It does not make it haram or prohibited. If you amuse yourself by watching Baseball while forgetting to do your Salat-prayers on time then you are committing a sin but this does not make Baseball haram. If you amuse yourself by playing games with your children while forgetting to pray on time you are committing a sin but playing with your children will not be haram. If you listen to music or singing and forget to do your prayers then you commit a sin but music does not become haram. Remember that music is like air and water, it is not haram per se, but the way it is used in certain circumstances will control its status then. I will elaborate on this later, God willing. While God did not prohibit music in this or any other verse, these group of Muslims find in human beings like sahaba, tabi'in, and later scholars of tafseer, idols, to prohibit for them what God did not. Al-Qurtubi, At-Tabari , Ibn Abbas, Al-Hasan, Mujahid, Ad-Dahhak, Ibn Jareer ..., etc. are more important to these people than God.

b) Allah SWT addresses Satan thus; "And excite any of them whom you can with your voice. Assault them with your cavalry and infantry, be a partner with them in their wealth and children, and make them promises. But Satan promises nothing but deceit" (17:64)

Using this verse as a proof of prohibition of music and singing shows only how naive and misguided are those who are running after other gods than the One God who gave them a complete book, the Quran. No intelligent human being can accept the voice here as pointing to music and singing. If those confused at heart want to use the voice here to prohibit anything, then may be they should prohibit talking and all these people should not talk because Satan does.

It is clear from this verse that there is no prohibition here. God does prohibit things by saying it without any confusion and without leaving a place for guess. They quote here Ibn Abbas, as saying "the voice mentioned in the verse refers to any form of invitation which calls to disobedience to Allah." If this form of invitation is "talking nicely" to someone to make him/her disobey Allah, this does not make "talking nicely" haram. If the invitation here is accompanied by music or singing, this does not make the music or singing haram but rather it is the invitation to disobey God in any form that is haram. They do not like what God says in the Quran, but find nothing wrong in listening to Ibn Abbas even if they do not know who is Ibn Abbas is.

c) The third verse, and the one most often referred to as evidence of the prohibition of music and singing (according to them) is found is Sura Luqmaan.

"And there are among men those who purchase idle talk in order to mislead others from Allah's path without knowledge, and those who throw ridicule upon it. For such there will be a humiliating punishment." (31:6)

Again, like the previous verse, using the expression "idle-talk" (lahwal hadiths) to condemn music and singing is clearly corrupt. It only exposes the confused minds and hearts of those who do not understand that God does not run out of words and that God controls all the languages and will not leave guess work for us to prohibit what He did not.

Idle-talk can be any form of talk and not necessarily singing and music. There is usually more idle-talk that is calling on the people to disobey God in other forms than singing and music. These should be considered first. Hadiths and Sunna books are full of fabrications and lies that should be considered as idle-talk as they contradict the Quran and the true message of our beloved prophet Muhammad.

NOW THAT QURAN DOES NOT PROHIBIT MUSIC OR SINGING, these people looked for other idols to do this for them. They refused the law of the book that God called the Best Hadith (Quran). They refused to obey God in the Quran when He told them to follow no other hadith BUT the Quran for religious law.

A look at what they claimed as hadith of the prophet will show their misguidance and confusion. Here is an example of what these people quote and claimed it to the prophet which is a clear lie. The prophet cannot deviate from the Quran.

* "The Prophet SAWS said, "There will be (at some future time) people from my
ummah (community of Muslims) who will seek to make lawful: fornication, the
wearing of silk by men), wine-drinking, and the use of musical
instruments(ma'azif). Some people will stay at the side of a mountain and
when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will
say, 'return to us tomorrow.' Then Allah will destroy them during the night
by causing the mountain to fall on them, while he changes others into apes and
swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of
Resurrection.(related by Imam Al-Bukhari in Fat-hul Baari, graded sahih)

FIRST, God teaches us in the Quran that the Prophet Muhammad did not know the future. This will immediately expose the falsehood of this hadith and similar ones and expose the hypocrisy of those who claim to be Muslims but refuse to believe God in the Quran. God told them Muhammad did not know the future.

"Say (O Muhammad), "I have no power to benefit myself, or harm myself. Only what God wills happen to me. If I KNEW THE FUTURE, I would have increased my wealth, and no harm would have afflicted me. I am no more than a warner, and a bearer of good news for those who believe." 7:188

"Say (O Muhammad), "I am not different from other messengers, I have NO IDEA what will happen to ME OR TO YOU. I ONLY follow what is revealed to me. I am NO MORE than a profound warner." 46:9

SECOND, For the past 1400 years there have been millions who listened to music and songs without mountains falling on top of them or turning into apes and pigs. I guess we should rather be afraid that all these millions of people turning to their computers now will turn into pigs and monkeys because their computers have all kinds of music built in them. This only shows the non-sense seen rampant in these so called Hadith and Sunna books.

As I said before, God created the music in our universe like the air and water and many other provisions. We cannot prohibit the water because someone washes his dirty clothes in it and we cannot prohibit the air because someone smokes around us. Music is as pure as fresh water and fresh air. It is up to us to use it or abuse it. Music is one of the great provisions from God that we should be grateful for. We should use it and enjoy it like we enjoy all the other provisions. If you indulge in eating your favorite food or drinking your favorite juice to the point you do not have time to do all your other duties towards God, then you committing a sin. Your food and drinks would not become haram (prohibited). If you indulge in any kind of music or singing that occupy you to the point that you do not remember God or your duties towards Him, then you are committing a sin but the music itself would not become haram (prohibited). If someone sings a song encouraging corruption or misbehavior then listening to that song intentionally may be a sin but this does not make all singing haram (prohibited.) It is true that many of the song lyrics we hear these days are disturbing but this does not make music or singing haram, it makes these specific songs undesirable and should be avoided. We need to warn our children and loved ones of these bad songs and bad lyrics but we should not prohibit what God never did, prohibit music or singing. We will not stop our children from reading books, newspapers, or magazines because some one produced a pornographic book, newspaper or magazine, we will tell them and warn them about these bad books or magazines. We will never stop our children from watching TV or videos because some people produce bad movies, programs or videos. If they do, they will miss all these great programs , movies or videos that teach them to appreciate God and His creation. We will instead teach them to choose the right programs.

Those who really appreciate music and the beautiful voices that God created, are more appreciative of God's creations and closer to God than those who prohibit what God did not and see evil in every beautiful creation of God.

"Say, "Who prohibited the nice things God has created for His creatures, and the good provisions?" Say," such provisions are to be enjoyed in THIS life by those who BELIEVE. Moreover, the good provisions will be exclusively theirs on the Day of resurrection." We thus explain the revelations for people who know." 7:32 (QURAN)

MUSIC AND SINGING WERE NEVER PROHIBITED BY GOD. They are part of the most beautiful creations of God. As long as they do not call on the people or encourage them to commit sins, they are for the TRUE BELIEVERS TO ENJOY while remembering God with every beautiful note or rhythm. Those who prohibit what God never did in the Quran will be surprised on the Last Day when the messenger of God will complain to God from them, See 25:30.

Is it time yet to wake up and follow the QURAN, instead of following the man-made laws?

- Qatada -
04-15-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emperor
The Quran is the full word of God. The Book tells us it alone is our guide and is not incomplete or lacking in any way. Where does the Quran tell us we cannot listen to music or dance? To say we must look to texts authored by men is to say that God gave us insufficient guidance in the Quran which is His word.

If you really want to discuss the issue on the sunnah/hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.) Then you can start a thread in the refutations section insha'Allaah.

Right now you can check this link insha'Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...eth-myths.html

Theres no point in arguing about the validity of hadith in a thread like this, and i'm sure alot of the members would be happy to discuss this further in another thread if you wish to create one.

ivanna25
04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
what s a long thread, Iqram. well, what u mentioned is convincing that music and singing is not haram but the misuse of them which is haram. but i dont agree with u that hadith is man made, not all hadith. thats why there are sound and weak hadith. there are things which are not mentioned in the Quran are mentioned in sunnah, like the act of takin hair from eyebrows is haram but not mentioned in quran, this doesnt mean this act halal. God say that we have to follow what Mohammed order us to do and avoid doing what Mohammed (PBUH) order us not to do.
yes, i think u r right "idle talk" is not always singing, just talkin about people badly is an idle talk, writing a poem describing a woman erotically is an idle talk.

personally, i cant stop listening to music, it doesnt lessen my iman or anything but i have to be careful to choose good music, and choose the songs that praise God and Mohammed (PBUH) and talk about morals. i adore brother Sami yusuf songs though its full of music. at the end, Allahu a3lam, only God knows where is the truth, some scholars say music haram; others say no. who are able to live without music, i encourage them to do so. differnce in opinion b/n scholars is source of mercy and give us more options.

Battle_4_Peace
04-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Shariah is Qur'an, Hadith, opinions of the first three generation scholars and then your own opinion. Islam is not only Qur'an. If you don't accept the words of Prophet Mohammad, when he forbade music, you are disobeying Allah and His messenger. I can give you a very good link, but i cannot post it, until i have posted 50 posts. OK, let us agree with you, there is no Qur'an verse which forbids music. The Prophet Mohammad did forbid it. Allah says in several places in the Qur'an to obey Prophet Mohammad.

Koran 4:59. O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is best, and most suitable for final determination.
80. He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds).

So if you don't obey the Prophet, you did not obey Allah, because Mohammad, Allah's peace and lessings be upon him, is not speaking from his own disires. Omar ibn Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, was walking on the street and he made a strange movement. People asked him, 'Why did you do that?' He said, 'I have seen the Prophet doing this in this place, so i did the same'. Subhan Allah! Look at how strict they were obeying the Prophet. Nobody is asking you to go to this extremes, but you have to obey the Prophet in this command, because this is serius. The Prophet said in Saheeh Bukharie that people will be turned into monkeys, even if they pray and give zakat. The people asked, 'Why is that?' He said, 'Because they allow musical instruments'. All the 4 Madhabs forbid it, there is no question or any need to discus this matter. Haram is Haram and Halal is Halal :)

Emperor
04-15-2006, 07:47 PM
salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Battle_4_Peace
We know that there are 3 verses in the Qur'an, which speak about music, according to the greatest scholars of Islam.
According to WHO?? Where in the Quran (God's Word) did God Almighty tell us we cannot listen to music? God didnt forbid it but some mortal man did? Are we followers of man or God?

The Mufasireen say it is about music, then who are we to say otherwise?
Do you follow God or men? If God said it, then that's the deal and we as followers of Him obey. The same cannot apply to the words of people who wish to dictate Islam in their own words.

We don't even know the basics of Islam
Are you saying we need the exegesis of a select group of mortals to know God???

There are many Hadith's which forbid listining to music. The Sahaba did not allow anyone to listen, the Tabieen did not listin, the students of Tabieen did not listin, the scholars of Islam do not allow it. Then who says it is allowed? Abu Haneefah said that even the striking with a stick is Haram. Imam Malik said that it is Haram and only the Fasiqeen listin to it. Imam Shafi said that the one who listens to music, his testinomy must be rejected.
Again you keep pointing to claims made by men. It seems you would rather have mortals dictate to you and take what they say as if God Himself said it rather than follow God.

Ahmad ibn Hanbal said, it sprouts hypocrisy in the heart, don't sit to listin to it! All the Sahaba forbid it, all the scholars i know forbid it. So where is the question, if music is allowed or not? Music is only allowed for women, only in Eids and only the daf. That's it. In stead you can download Qur'an and for each letter you hear, you will get 10 rewards Insha'Allah. Is that not better? Or you can listin to Nasheeds (Without music in it). The real life and enjoyment for us is in the Hereafter Insha'Allah. Ofcourse we can enjoy life, but only Halal. The prophet said that this world is a prison to the Muslim and a Paradise for the Kafir. So seek the peace in prayers, not in music. Will you be alive the next hour? If you don't know, then would you dance and play music or pray to Allah?
It seems you pray to men rather than Allah. You quote all these people as if they were God.

*noor
04-15-2006, 07:51 PM
No, Muslims only pray to Allah. If anyone prays to any other being, he/she is a mushrik and that is the worst sin in Islam.
The Quran is a book compiled of the words of Allah. And Hadiths are the sayings of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The Hadith are there so that we can have specific examples of everyday situations.

ivanna25
04-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Battle-4-Peace, not all 4 madhabs or doctrines say music is haram, pls dont say that, i watch Iqraa tv , it an Arabic religious channel in which there are the greatest Muslim scholars, this channel broadcats songs praising God with music intruments. many Egyptian sheikhs say that music is not haram, they say its misuse is haram, so they will be the one to go hell if they lie not me or others. why u think u and your scholars are right and other scholars, no?

choose what u like, ok?

ivanna25
04-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh , non emperor, you r hurting other brother like that by saying you pray to men arther than God. we have to admit that those who say that all kinds of music is haram, are people who fear God and seek His grace. we cant deny that. but i think and too many scholars say that not ll kind of music haram, thats s it, dont complicate things for us. i cant believe, ill return to pig bc i listen to music. ill return to pig if i disbelieve in God or harm others.

Battle_4_Peace
04-15-2006, 08:46 PM
According to WHO? Where in the Quran (God's Word) did God Almighty tell us we cannot listen to music? God didnt forbid it but some mortal man did? Are we followers of man or God?
hahaha ok tell me this. Where did your God tell you how to pray? How many times a day do you pray? How many Raka'at's is each prayer? How much Jazya must the non-muslims pay? Is it permissible for a man to look at a naked women? Can i pray naked? How long do i have to travel, before i am allowed to shorten my prayers? I can ask you thousands of questions you don't know, if you only follow Qur'an. There is a sect, called Qur'anites, they only follow Qur'an. This is kufr according to Mufti Ibrahiem Desai, from Pakistan. So you have to follow Qur'an AND the Sunnah, not only Qur'an. Only by reading Qur'an, you don't understand Islam. Do you know who that mortal man was? Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him. Do we know Islam better or he? We are followers of Mohammad, but the worshippers of Allah.

Do you follow God or men? If God said it, then that's the deal and we as followers of Him obey. The same cannot apply to the words of people who wish to dictate Islam in their own words.
Allah also said in the Qur'an, 'Chop off the hands of the thief' do you agree with that? I said, Mufasireen. They are those who have so much knowledge Masha'Allah, that they can explaine Qur'an. They make Tafsirs, read the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir for example. It forbids music. Or each tafsir you want, read the tafsir of the following verse for example Surah 53:23. According to Ibn Abbas and thousands of other Sahaba and Tabiëen, this verse is about music. Do you know who Ibn Abbas was?

Are you saying we need the exegesis of a select group of mortals to know God?
You are funny hehe, i have never spoken to a person like you. OK, if you don't need any Hadith or any Scholar, because the Prophet was MORTAL and the greatest scholars of Islam were mortals, then explaine to me what Allah ment with this two verses.

Koran 2:108. Would ye question your Messenger as Moses was questioned of old? but whoever changeth from Faith to Unbelief, Hath strayed without doubt from the even way.

Koran 8:17. When thou threwest, it was not thy act, but Allah's.

What is Allah talking about? Don't use any Hadith to explaine this.

Again you keep pointing to claims made by men. It seems you would rather have mortals dictate to you and take what they say as if God Himself said it rather than follow God. It seems you pray to men rather than Allah. You quote all these people as if they were God.
You have to be very very carefull about what you say brother. With even laughing at the wrong moment, you can leave Islam, like some people did, see Qur'an 9:65 and 66. I do not worship people, i worship Allah. If you made a law which said, 'Eat during ramadhan' and Allah said, 'Don't eat during ramdhan' if i obeyd you instead of Allah, this would be your shirk, because i followed you instead of Allah. But this scholars do not say anything that goes against the Qur'an or the Sunnah. The Prophet said, 'I am commanded to break the music instruments'. So if he saw you today, with your sami yusuf or micheal jackson, he would not even look at you. Nasheeds are allowed, but not with music. Even Prophet Mohammad song nasheeds, during some battles. There is no problem with that, the problem is in music. Do you not understand, that you just fulfilled the prophecy of the Prophet when he said, 'Some people from my Ummah will allow musical instruments?'. (Saheeh Bukharie).

Koran 24:51. The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this, they say, 'We hear and we obey' it is such as these that will attain felicity.

Battle-4-Peace, not all 4 madhabs or doctrines say music is haram, pls dont say that, i watch Iqraa tv , it an Arabic religious channel in which there are the greatest Muslim scholars, this channel broadcats songs praising God with music intruments. many Egyptian sheikhs say that music is not haram, they say its misuse is haram, so they will be the one to go hell if they lie not me or others. why u think u and your scholars are right and other scholars, no? choose what u like, ok?
Ofcourse i choose what i like sister, but the question is not about me. Tell me, which madhab said that music is allowed. The Hanafies even said, that listining to music is kufr (Its not true, but they were so extreme against it). So tell me, which Madhab allowed music? I don't know Iqra tv, but i do know other Islamic channels who use music. Do you follow those channels or Islam? Even if all the scholars said, it is allowed, if the Prophet said NO, then it is no. So which scholar said, it is allowed? There is no different of opinion amongs the scholars, all of them say its Haram, except those who follow their desires and they are less than 0.1%. Ibn Hajr, Ibn Taymyah, Qurtubi, Ibn Kathir etc. all of them said its Haram. All the Sahaba said its Haram, all the Tabieen, all the students of tabieen. Even if the scholars differ, you are not allowed to listin. Because if you are not sure, you have to leave it, according to the Prophet. So why don't you just say, 'It is Haram, i am trying to stop, i want to repent, but it is hard to stop with it etc?' That would be good, i would even pray for you sister, so that Allah makes it easy for you to stop with music, because now you are making Halal Haram and Haram Halal. :)

Emperor
04-16-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Music is prohibited and condemned by many Qur’anic verses. Allah says, “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. Music, singing etc.) to mislead men from the path of Allah without knowledge and takes it (the path of Allah, or the verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).” (Luqmaan: 6).
It seems that the parenthesized words were inserted into the verse by the translator. Do the words "music, singing etc." really exist in that verse?

ivanna25
04-16-2006, 06:10 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, bro Battle of peace, what s a huge difference b/n micheal jackson and sami yusuf. the latter has prooves to convince you that music instruments are not haram, based on sunnah also. why some scholars say covering woman's face is compolsory and give u prooves and other scholars can proove that nioqab is not obligatory. a woman can uncover her face. this is called diffrence and u choose the thing u want. what s haram is when woman sings or when the word of the song encouraging haram. pls dont think that know everything bro. at the same time, i dont agree with the one who says that we have to take prooves from quran without sunnah, well that s crazy. iss in this forum there is no balance, either takin islam literaly or leave it all. i cant believe that.

Z
04-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Salaam.

Or either following Islam according to ones needs and desires, and used a variety of Scholars to back their ways.

Battle_4_Peace
04-16-2006, 06:41 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, bro Battle of peace, what s a huge difference b/n micheal jackson and sami yusuf. the latter has prooves to convince you that music instruments are not haram, based on sunnah also. why some scholars say covering woman's face is compolsory and give u prooves and other scholars can proove that nioqab is not obligatory. a woman can uncover her face. this is called diffrence and u choose the thing u want. what s haram is when woman sings or when the word of the song encouraging haram. pls dont think that know everything bro. at the same time, i dont agree with the one who says that we have to take prooves from quran without sunnah, well that s crazy. iss in this forum there is no balance, either takin islam literaly or leave it all. i cant believe that.
I know that there is a difference between sami yusuf and micheal jackson, sami yusuf is a muslim, but on the field of music, they are the same. They both use music in their songs. There is a difference between a Niqab and Music. Nowhere did the Prophet say, 'Cover your face' the women of the Ansaar and the Muhajireen did it, so if you do it, that will be the best and if you don't do it, then its not obligatory. The prophet did not say that Niqab is fard but he did say music is Haram. This is a command you know, if he said it, the Muslim must say, 'We hear and we obey'. I still don't know which scholars you are talking about sister. We don't follow scholars blindly. If they speak the truth, we accept. If they Go against Saheeh Hadith's, we reject. Now you are making 2 sections. You say that if somebody sings halal its halal, and if somebody sings about haram things, its haram. Who said this? This is your interpretation, there is no proof for this in the Shariah. Music is music, if you use it by Qur'an or if you use it by singing other stuff. Where did i say i know everything? I did not say that, i only gave you proof from the 4 madhab's, all of them forbid music. So tell me, who said music is Halal? Will you follow him, even if i gave you a authentic Hadith?

The Prophet Mohammad about music

The Prophet, Allah's peace and blessings be upon him, said, 'There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah [community of Muslims] who will seek to make lawful, fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say, 'Return to us tomorrow'. Then Allah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state until the Day of Resurrection'. (Saheeh Bukharie, Fathul Baari, vol. 10, p. 51).

The messenger of Allah said, 'A people of my ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of lady singers. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into apes and swine'. (Ibn Majah).

The Prophet, Allah's peace and blessings be upon him, said, 'Verily, Allah has prohibited for my ummah, wine, gambling, a drink distilled from corn, the drum and the lute'. (Ahmad).

It is reported by Haakim in his Mustadrak that the Prophet (Upon whom be peace and blessings) took the hand of the companion, Abdur Rahmaan bin 'Owf, and they proceeded to visit the Prophet's ailing son, Ibraheem. They found the infant in the throes of death, so the Prophet took him to his breast and held him until his spirit left him. Then he put the child down and wept, whereupon Abdur Rahmaan asked in astonishment, 'You are weeping, Oh Messenger of Allah, while you prohibit crying!?' The following is the Prophet's reply, 'Verily, I did not prohibit weeping [per se] but rather, I forbade two voices [sowtayn] which are imbecilic [ahmaq] and sinfully shameless [faajir]: one, a voice [singing] to the accompaniment of musical amusement [lahw] and Satan's [wind] instruments; the other, a voice [wailing] due to some calamity, accompanied by striking of the face and tearing of garments. But this [weeping of mine] stems from compassion, and whosoever does not show compassion will not receive it'. (Al Hakiem).

Anas bin Maalik related from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, that, 'Two cursed sounds are that of the [wind] instrument played on the occasion of joy and grace, and woeful wailing upon the occurrence of adversity'.

End of the discusion. Why are we debating? Only if you don't believe in Hadith's, you can say its Halal. Look at those Hadith's and there are many others, but this is enough for a mu'min. I realy don't understand why we are debating. Think like this. What would the Prophet do, if he sat on a chair beside you? Would he listin and enjoy or break your radio? If you think the first one, you don't know him. If you think the second one, you are right.

Koran 4:65. But no, by thy Lord, they [Muslims] do not have [real] faith unless they make you [Oh Muhammad] judge of all disputes between them, and then find within themselves no dislike of your decision, but rather, submit with full submission.

extinction
04-16-2006, 06:43 PM
well, thanks my sister, i read all this before but i heared in many religious channels , music is not haram, but some kind of music haram. there is a music in nature. the singing of the birds the sound of water falls, the sound of windows etc. music is part of our nature.

i dont listen to music much, and when i listen, i choose sami yusuf. if music haram, why brother sami yusuf uses musical instruments in his songs though he is a religious and pious person.

liste, w live in a world full of corruption, if we order people to stop doin everything, they wouldnt embrace islam. islam is religion of "yusr".

many scholars say that women have to cover their faces and give proof from Quran and sunnah, while others say that women should cover all her body except face and hands, they also take arguemts from quran and sunnah. it s a matter of choice, you can choose the things that u like but without disobeying God.

no offence sister but it seems like you just want someone to say hey its ok fine you can dance..

ivanna25
04-16-2006, 07:18 PM
well hafizmo that s what i do i dance in my leisure time, it s ok since no one sees me. in weddings i dance too when there is no men around. i cant understand what will happen if i listen to piano??? any way only God knows

ivanna25
04-16-2006, 07:23 PM
listen bro Battle_4_peace, if u have Iqraa channel, Smart way channel, and Resala channel, then u can watch these channels and see what scholars say bout music. well i have one brother of islam called amr khaled he is "daiiya ila Allah " inviting people to islam. he did a lot to defend Mohamed (PBUH) when he was insulted by Denmark newspaper, he is the one who has made millions of people convert to islam and muslim sisters wear hijab and im one of them, this man has music instruments at home and he knows playin piano. here his site www.amrkhaled.net, u can ask him there if u like. if he knows that he will be returned to pig after playing the piano, he would certainly throw it bro

Battle_4_Peace
04-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Listen bro Battle_4_peace, if u have Iqraa channel, Smart way channel, and Resala channel, then u can watch these channels and see what scholars say bout music. well i have one brother of islam called amr khaled he is "daiiya ila Allah " inviting people to islam. he did a lot to defend Mohamed (PBUH) when he was insulted by Denmark newspaper, he is the one who has made millions of people convert to islam and muslim sisters wear hijab and im one of them, this man has music instruments at home and he knows playin piano. here his site www.amrkhaled.net, u can ask him there if u like. if he knows that he will be returned to pig after playing the piano, he would certainly throw it bro
Asalamu Alaikom respected sister

If the Iqra tv told you, 'Jump from the balkon' would you do it? I gave you many Hadith's, where Prophet Mohammad said its Haram and you tell me Amr Khalid allowes music. Who is Amr Khalid? He is not a scholar, he did not even study by a scholar. He made mistakes and he did very good things Alhamdolillah. He shaves his beard while the prophet said, 'Do not shave your beards, be differen than the mushrikeen'. (Bukharie, Muslim). The Prophet did not even look at men, who had shaven their beards, as is narated by Tabarani in a Hadith. So shall we follow Amr Khalid or the Prophet? You know, Omar ibn Khattab did not accept the testimony of someone who shaved his beard.

The Sahaba and Tabi&#235;en did not pray behind someone who had shaven his beard and they did not trust such a person. So may Allah guide Amr Khalid. Ameen. This brother also made a few great mistakes. He said for example that when you are ill, Allah comes and sits beside you. This is not true, so you have to be carefull and take only the good things of a person. Every human being makes mistakes, the best is to follow prophet mohammad. I told you what i had to tell you, if you accept, that's your choice. If you reject what i say, that's your choice. I am not responsible for what you do and you are not responsible for what i do.

maimunah mosli
04-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Salam sister,
Lets remember the principle behind why things are done or expected. Islam is full of beauty. Rightfully anything that reminds you of god and what is expected out of you as a muslim shouldnt be a problem. Based on what you said, you have taken the necessary steps to ensure that the purpose is to exercise. however the most important act is that you also ensures that You do not neglect the call for prayer. Personally, and May Allah forgive me if Im wrong, I believe that as long as you know your limitation and ensures that you do things within the framework or guidelines set out by the religion and the sunnah of the prophet... Insya Allah.. He knows best.

ivanna25
04-17-2006, 09:31 AM
yes God knows that i do this for an exercice and any sport requires music t enable u to move your body effecintly. thanks sis

renak
04-17-2006, 09:40 AM
If you want to dance without guilt, you could move many areas of the USA where I've yet to meet a Muslim who didn't dance and/or listen to music.

maimunah mosli
04-17-2006, 09:41 AM
No worries my dear. ITs a pleasure. A lot of the time ppl forget.. and make Islam appear so legalistic and looses the essence and beauty that comes with it.. Ya Allah

Z
04-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Salaam.

'but sometimes when i dance, though no one sees me, feel ashamed of myself'

Why?

------
04-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe coz she knows music is haraam..:? I dunno lol :X

Battle_4_Peace
04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
No worries my dear. ITs a pleasure. A lot of the time ppl forget.. and make Islam appear so legalistic and looses the essence and beauty that comes with it.. Ya Allah
Koran 4:094. Do you desire the gain of earthly life?
Koran 7:169. But best for the righteous is the home in the Hereafter. Will ye not understand?

NJUSA
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
There are some who consider music haram, and there are others that don't. Ivanna, you'll have to study and pray on this, and come to the answer that works best for you, in this life and the next.
Muslim Soldier, the pic in your signature frightens me.

Guli7
04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
My cousin is really religious. She goes to certain weddings but sits down the whole time and does not dance, not once. She does dance with the girls at home sometimes. She prays 5 times a day and reads the Quran.

We sometimes follow our traditions more than our religion. We dance at weddings, we do many things according to our cultural practices. We grow up with that notion that it is alright. So my cousin, she is the one that studied the religion very much and is truly devout. Many of her relatives have put her down for covering so early or not dancing at all at weddings. It is sad.

ivanna25
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
sister Guli7, i dont understand from your msg whether u r with or aginst dancing at home where no men can see you except some of your muslim sisters? i dont get the meaning of your msg.

Guli7
04-17-2006, 07:26 PM
no I don't know if it is absolutely right or wrong to listen to halaal music at home. I don't know. I was just using an example of my cousin and what she does.

ivanna25
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
your cousin is not our Prophet sister, she is a human bein like us

Guli7
04-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I know, she is an example I just used. I agree with the idea of not dancing in front of men but I don't know about at home.

NJUSA
04-17-2006, 09:13 PM
This is why it's important to seek one's own answers- if you come to an answer that you can live with, then you need not worry what your or anyone else's cousin is up to.

Emperor
04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, bro Battle of peace, what s a huge difference b/n micheal jackson and sami yusuf. the latter has prooves to convince you that music instruments are not haram, based on sunnah also.
If God didn't forbid it, who is anyone to say he did? Fine if anyone thinks music will cause them forget God and decides to shun it, but in the Qur'an, God never said music is forbidden altogether.

why some scholars say covering woman's face is compolsory and give u prooves and other scholars can proove that nioqab is not obligatory. a woman can uncover her face. this is called diffrence and u choose the thing u want.
You can easily get out of this muddle by looking to what God said in the Quran. Did He say women should dress modestly? Yes. Did He say that women must be covered from head to toe in a flowing veil as is done in Arabia? Never. How can it be obligatory?

what s haram is when woman sings or when the word of the song encouraging haram.
:thumbs_up EXACTLY:)

:Koran:

Battle_4_Peace
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
If God didn't forbid it, who is anyone to say he did? Fine if anyone thinks music will cause them forget God and decides to shun it, but in the Qur'an, God never said music is forbidden altogether.
Koran 40:34. Thus does God sends astray him who is extravagant and a doubter.

How many Hadith's did i gave you? Why don't you say that you don't follow Mohammad? Just say that you are a Quranite, who only follows Qur'an. I asked you a few questions, why don't you answer? Wake up man, Islam is not only Qur'an! If Omar ibn Khattab or any other Sahaba lived today, he would surely punish you. So go back to the Sunnah of the Prophet, Allah's peace and blessings be upon him, if you are a Muslim.

You can easily get out of this muddle by looking to what God said in the Quran. Did He say women should dress modestly? Yes. Did He say that women must be covered from head to toe in a flowing veil as is done in Arabia? Never. How can it be obligatory?
Read this fatwa: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=20910&dgn=4

*LJ*
04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Asalamu alaikum ivanna25,

You seem to have a strong iman, alhamdulillah :) and want to do what is best.

I think the best advice I could give you would be to keep praying to Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) to guide you and make things easy for you and to keep you to the straight path. I had a similar problem for a while, when I felt that sooo many things were haram and this got me down, but alhamdulillah, Allah changed my thoughts on this and now I am much happier.

Just keep your faith in Allah(swt) sister and keep reminding yourself that Allah(swt) knows what is best for us. Even though some things may seem harmless in our eyes, Allah(swt) knows everything. Allah(swt) created us and everything that surrounds us and knows His creation. Allah(swt) is the One who gives us knowledge of some things and conceals knowledge of other things.

Even though it seems difficult (or even impossible) that you would be able to give up music, have faith in Allah that he will guide you to what is right. We don't 'need' anything except our faith in Allah, that is enough to keep us happy even though it may not seem like it.

Keep your faith in Allah(swt) sister that He will make this easy for you and keep you happy. Also, I don't know if you have many Muslim friends, but I think it might help you if you could get some more:)

I pray that everything goes well for you sister, and Allah(swt) makes things easy for you, keeps your iman strong and keeps you happy:)

Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu:)

ivanna25
04-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks, sis LJ, your words are so nice and convincing. the problem that i dont find that dancing is haram especially because it doesnt stop me to pray on time or to do anything else. i asked this question bc i wanted to get sure, but since some people say it's ok, other people say haram. ill continue like this since i harm nobody and i do it sometimes when im home alone.

ivanna25
04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
well, for those who say that music haram, i still wonder how brothers sami yusuf and yusuf islam play music. i know that most of yusuf islam's songs are without music but we can find him sometimes using guitare or sth alike. if it was haram, he would not do it, he is a good Muslim. here is a link in which he sings in a concert using guitare and have duo with paul Macartney. i think being open-minded is the best way to make others who are very corrupt embrace islam. here is the link: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...4234-5,00.html. just have a look at it, nothing bad will happen to you.
thanks.

ivanna25
04-19-2006, 12:26 PM
r u making fun brother?

Malaikah
04-19-2006, 12:28 PM
:sl: dont mind him sister hes NOT a brother or muslim...

Rabi'ya
04-19-2006, 12:30 PM

the guys banned so please carry on with the topic at hand..

jazakAllah kheir

Rabi'ya:rose:

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Dancing where no men can see you is halal, aslong as you do not use music, except daff, to my knowledge.

------
04-20-2006, 10:59 AM
well, for those who say that music haram, i still wonder how brothers sami yusuf and yusuf islam play music. i know that most of yusuf islam's songs are without music but we can find him sometimes using guitare or sth alike. if it was haram, he would not do it, he is a good Muslim. here is a link in which he sings in a concert using guitare and have duo with paul Macartney. i think being open-minded is the best way to make others who are very corrupt embrace islam. here is the link: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...4234-5,00.html. just have a look at it, nothing bad will happen to you.
thanks.
So Sami Yusuf and Yusuf Islam, that ignore where it says in teh Qur'an the music is Haraam, are gud muslims? Don't make me laff.

------
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Dancing where no men can see you is halal, aslong as you do not use music, except daff, to my knowledge.
Agreed sis. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
ye this is what i heard... lol is the reason my sister dances.

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 11:02 AM
*watches baby nephew TRY to dance to kiddy tv....*

------
04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
Aww bless!! :rose:

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Kuri
Aww bless!! :rose:
ooohhh sis i see you've changed your name....:D:D:D i thought it was some other sis...lolololol...oops im soo soo silly

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 11:05 AM
lol ye my nephew starts dancing weneva i put on a nasheed, i dont kno if thats jus weird or cute :p

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
ye this is what i heard... lol is the reason my sister dances.
Lol.. aww how cute:p.
A few years ago my little brother was dancing LOLLL, it was so funny... but then my older cousin beat him up!!! It was disturbing. He was only like 3!:grumbling

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Lol.. aww how cute:p.
A few years ago my little brother was dancing LOLLL, it was so funny... but then my older cousin beat him up!!! It was disturbing. He was only like 3!:grumbling
LOL, poor kid aint allowed to shake his nappy :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:11 AM
LOL, poor kid aint allowed to shake his nappy :)
;D.... i don't know about you, but most people are out of nappies by then:rollseyes .... LOLLLL!

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 11:12 AM
;D.... i don't know about you, but most people are out of nappies by then:rollseyes .... LOLLLL!
*juuumps and falls lolololol*

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
*juuumps and falls lolololol*
lol sis what?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
lol i've neva warn a nappy in my life :p, im the real bangladeshi :p

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 11:22 AM
hahaha....if you say so...thats like a kid who says theyve never wet themselves and you can so tell theyre talking rubbish

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Lol... it must have been a bit messy to take care of you:hiding:.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
hahaha....if you say so...thats like a kid who says theyve never wet themselves and you can so tell theyre talking rubbish
bangladeshi :p lol, was in Bangladesh for the first yr n a half, my mum use to wrap sheets around me so techinically NOT NAPPIES :p

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
bangladeshi :p lol, was in Bangladesh for the first yr n a half, my mum use to wrap sheets around me so techinically NOT NAPPIES :p
LOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....erm well actually they are nappies...erm called economic nappies lololo...duuuh....such a man....

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:27 AM
*ROLLS ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING*.... HAHHAHAHAaHA!... OMG MUST HAVE LOOKED SO FUNNY!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 11:28 AM
*ROLLS ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING*.... HAHHAHAHAaHA!... OMG MUST HAVE LOOKED SO FUNNY!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HEY I WAS JUS A BABY :statisfie :hiding:

Umu 'Isa
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
:offtopic:

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
HEY I WAS JUS A BABY :statisfie :hiding:
lol.. a red baby wrapped in sheets:p. I bet you couldn't dance like my brother though;D.
Dance kiddie dance!:giggling:
Actually he just used to hop around the room......:okay:.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
:offtopic:
so *ahem*... yeh.... dancing....:?

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 11:35 AM
dance...hmmpft who needs dancing when youve got speed walking...HAHAHA.....

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 11:36 AM
dance...hmmpft who needs dancing when youve got speed walking...HAHAHA.....
lol sis consider stand up comedy as a profesion:giggling:.
I don't really like to dance that much anyway... i'm too shy of a person really. Although you'd never be able to tell.:okay:

_Mujahida
04-20-2006, 12:05 PM
looool funny

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
lol sis consider stand up comedy as a profesion:giggling:.
I don't really like to dance that much anyway... i'm too shy of a person really. Although you'd never be able to tell.:okay:
hmmm that would be a good idea...but i have got to stick to what im gonna do...actually i might do it part time...:D:D...oh yeah i already do....lololol

Halima
04-20-2006, 12:23 PM

Members please try not to free-post or otherwise this thread will be closed.

Please take this into consideration jazakhallah Khair.

Umu 'Isa
04-20-2006, 12:27 PM
ner ner i told u it was :offtopic: ;D ;D

------
04-20-2006, 12:30 PM
:rollseyes

Sister_6038
04-20-2006, 12:31 PM
im gonna speed walk speed walk all the way to wherever im going lolol...who needs dancing...hmmmpft

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-20-2006, 01:17 PM
^^lol sis we've been warned! No free-posting!
:p

Kittygyal
04-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Salam sis i totally agree with you :)

sis you should read some books or something so you can learn more like i am a revert and i am learining too :)

W.salam

Sis786
04-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Sami Yusuf Himself said that he is not A "Nasheed Artist" as he uses Music But a "Artist" and "Pop Singer"

Kittygyal
04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Salam sis,

may i ask i don't have a clue who he is but is he somet famous?

W.salam

Sis786
04-26-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Salam sis,

may i ask i don't have a clue who he is but is he somet famous?

W.salam
Sis he was known as a Nasheed Artist he is orginally from London and his Nasheeds are in English His first Album was really good THEN he started making vidoes of himself and Girls liked him for the wrong reason. He is really popular abroad in Morroco and Egypt Prob the most famous Nasheed Artist from Uk.

But then his second Album and he promoted his album on this element had 40odd Musical Intruments.

syilla
04-26-2006, 04:19 PM
*sigh... but i love all his songs...esp the song for our prophet.

fakhan
04-26-2006, 04:34 PM

I would like to say that listening to music that contains loud, rude, profane and foul language is unacceptable and unislamic. :unhappy:

I want to say that I listen to each and every music on T.V. or radio that I listen to, not all the music videos because how people wear and how people used to be addicted and be ashamed of what kind of culture that these music videos do to people for their health and security.

Insha'Allah, my advice is to listen to Islamic Nasheed or just avoid listening to music that is haram and unislamic. Very soon, you will be successful in this life and in the hereafter. :amin:

Jazak'Allah Khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.