/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Harun Yahya Website

*noor
04-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Check out this website ppl.
It has articles, ebooks, videos about islamic, science, miracles, day of judgement etc.

www.harunyahya.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mortazaB
04-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Jazakalla... this brother is very intelligent.

afriend
04-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Jazakallah!

His books are great..I have one or two...But there is much to be learnt...

czgibson
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Greetings,

Harun Yahya's website gets posted on here almost every day. His writings are so full of errors and ignorant banalities that I'm amazed that anybody takes him seriously at all.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
04-16-2006, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Harun Yahya's website gets posted on here almost every day. His writings are so full of errors and ignorant banalities that I'm amazed that anybody takes him seriously at all.

Peace
Greetings

Nobody is perfect.

peace

------
04-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Hmm... have u read his books czgibson?

czgibson
04-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
Hmm... have u read his books czgibson?
I've read lots of the writings on his website, which contains all of his books, I believe. I've never read any of them in book form.

Peace

------
04-16-2006, 03:32 PM
So y do u fink der not good...:?

czgibson
04-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Greetings Pagal Kuri,
So y do u fink der not good...:?
I don't have time to refute all the errors found in Harun Yahya's works, so I'll just give an example that has come up before.

On the following thread you'll find an example of a piece of writing by Harun Yahya:

The Collapse of the Theory of Evolution against the Fact of Creation

Below it, HeiGou gives a response to it, and later on (in post #7), you can see my response to it. That should give you some idea of why I think his writings are so terrible.

Peace

al-fateh
04-16-2006, 04:36 PM
he is one of my daily visits

*noor
04-16-2006, 05:35 PM
mine 2

czgibson
04-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Greetings,

Could someone explain to me what the attraction of Harun Yahya is?

Why is he so highly regarded by so many on this forum?

Peace

------
04-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Because he explains most things clearly to none Muslims and Muslims about Islam. :)

czgibson
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Greetings Pagal Kuri,
Because he explains most things clearly to none Muslims and Muslims about Islam. :)
Thanks for your reply, but I fear you may not be aware of the many factual errors that Harun Yahya's writings are filled with. He may well be good at talking about Islam, but on any other subject he is absolutely hopeless!

You would be well advised not to take his statements about evolution, the stone age, Marxism, materialism etc. at face value. Whenever I've seen his discussions of these he's made frequent howling errors...

Peace

------
04-18-2006, 03:30 PM
He may well be good at talking about Islam, but on any other subject he is absolutely hopeless!
I only look at his Islamic Teachings :)

------
04-18-2006, 03:48 PM
The Truth Of this World - A Gud one 2 wotch!

Video

Slave of Rehman
04-18-2006, 03:49 PM
i have read his books and videos ages ago.
i found him very claver in these kind of topics.
he is very good in Quran and Science.
but what is his Belife, i don,t know, he is Truck and their belefs are modrate than us.
any way he is good Scholar and Quran and Science.

Jazakallah

------
04-18-2006, 04:01 PM
he is Truck
A what sorry?

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Callum,
Why is he so highly regarded by so many on this forum?
He tends to be popular for his material that explain natural phenomena in our universe in light of religious values*, his material that removes misconceptions about Islam**, and of course his anti-evolution material*. His work on religious teachings*** are poor in comparison to other Islamic books available, and his works on other ideologies* may be erroneous, but they are succesful because of presentation style and not content.

Regards

czgibson
04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Greetings Ansar,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
His work on religious teachings*** are poor in comparison to other Islamic books available, and his works on other ideologies* may be erroneous, but they are succesful because of presentation style and not content.
It seems we agree about this man, to some extent at least. The style and presentation of his website are flawless, I have to say, and it's easy to see why people find it attractive to read. I've read from other sources that his books are also very well presented, although I've never seen any myself.

I'm deeply suspicious of this man, though. For one thing - how are all his publications and website funded? Considering the fact that it is easy to get hold of his books for free, how does he cover the publishing costs? Either there is an organisation of willing devotees behind him, or he was a very rich man indeed before he started his enormous dawah campaign.

I think members who enjoy reading his books would be well advised to have a look at the following thread and to make up their own minds:

Harun Yahya's Deviation

Peace

------
04-18-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
There is no doubt he has contributed alot mashaAllah. :)
:D :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
No Muslim is free from imperfection. However, I admire Harun Yahya's efforts in Da'wah and calling people to Allah. This is yet to be followed by us ordinary Muslims. If we criticize him as deviant or something worse, we should put forward instead what we deem better for the benefit of Islam.
:D :D :D

wilberhum
04-18-2006, 05:31 PM
It always saddens me when I see people being duped by Harun Yahya. There seams to be an instant conclusion among Muslims, that since he uses quotes from the Quran that everything he states is truth. In my estimation nothing could be further from the truth. I have never seen a non-Muslim who is not totally discussed with his distorted statements and unsubstantiated conclusions. Adnan Oktar (Harun Yahya) preaches “Pseudo Science” and caries no respect or creditability in the scientific communities.
There are sound reasons why that is the case.
I judge not what is in the Quran or how it is used. I only judge his scientific deceptions. His most common tactic is to attack parts of some scientific conclusion and then states that he is correct without ever defending his conclusion. Kind of a “Since your conclusion is not perfect, you are entirely wrong and I am entirely correct” approach. I have even seen where he uses entirely unsubstantiated opinions as proof that something else is wrong, when even if his opinion was entirely correct, it would have no baring on the truth of the scientific fact that challenges.
I think Muslims that respect him only do so because he tells them what they want to hear. If you read any of Adnan Oktar’s so called “scientific work” with an open mind, you will see that what I am saying is true.

czgibson
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Kuri
Have you read the whole thread, or have you looked through it for statements you agree with?

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I have never seen a non-Muslim who is not totally discussed with his distorted statements and unsubstantiated conclusions. Adnan Oktar (Harun Yahya) preaches “Pseudo Science” and caries no respect or creditability in the scientific communities.
Correct. I cannot imagine any non-Muslim looking at his works and deciding to convert to Islam. For this reason, among many others, I believe he is doing Islam a disservice.

Peace

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Salaam

Hey cizgibson, lets drop this topic I don't think we should talk about him behind his back if you got any questions about his work e-mail him.

czgibson
04-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Hey cizgibson, lets drop this topic I don't think we should talk about him behind his back if you got any questions about his work e-mail him.
Good idea! Have you got his e-mail address?

Peace

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Salaam

Nope, I'm sure you could find it at his site.

Far7an
04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
:sl:
There is no doubt he has contributed alot mashaAllah. :)
This has been taken out of context.

What needed to be said has been said.

It has a 'contact us' option on his site, but I don't know if that is for Harun Yahya or his webdesigners.

wilberhum
04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Harun Yahya has made himself a public figure; therefore he is open to public ridicule. To say that it is wrong to “Talk behind his back” is as ridicules as saying we shouldn’t make negative statements about George Bush or Salman Rushdie. To remain silent when I see blind devotion to deceptions would be a form of condoning them. In fact I am using massive restraint when I only accuse him of distorting. An Invitation to The Truth, is any thing but. I totally agree with czgibson “I believe he is doing Islam a disservice”.

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I agree we shouldn't talk about either of the two you stated, it's called backbiting. You got a problem step up be a man and sort it out with him face to face.

Sunflower
04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I agree we shouldn't talk about either of the two you stated, it's called backbiting. You got a problem step up be a man and sort it out with him face to face.
i agree with that but if you cannot go and talk to the person face to face how is that going to be possible?

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
i agree with that but if you cannot go and talk to the person face to face how is that going to be possible?
Salaam

If one can't talk to him to face then one should keep his mouth shut.

Sunflower
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
true

czgibson
04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Greetings,
It has a 'contact us' option on his site, but I don't know if that is for Harun Yahya or his webdesigners.
It's for his web designers, unfortunately. The great man himself is far too busy producing his innumerable diatribes.

Still, I wrote them an e-mail anyway. It says on the website they'll forward such messages to him, but I highly doubt I'll get an answer from him.

Harun Yahya has made himself a public figure; therefore he is open to public ridicule. To say that it is wrong to “Talk behind his back” is as ridicules as saying we shouldn’t make negative statements about George Bush or Salman Rushdie. To remain silent when I see blind devotion to deceptions would be a form of condoning them. In fact I am using massive restraint when I only accuse him of distorting.
Well said. He has a big enough forum to air his erroneous views in public; he should therefore be able to take any criticism that comes his way. Also, he is, of course, free to respond to my e-mail.
You got a problem step up be a man and sort it out with him face to face.
Maybe you have his address?

Peace

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Greetings,

It's for his web designers, unfortunately. The great man himself is far too busy producing his innumerable diatribes.

Still, I wrote them an e-mail anyway. It says on the website they'll forward such messages to him, but I highly doubt I'll get an answer from him.

Well said. He has a big enough forum to air his erroneous views in public; he should therefore be able to take any criticism that comes his way. Also, he is, of course, free to respond to my e-mail.

Maybe you have his address?

Peace

Sorry if I had it I woud've given it to you.

czgibson
04-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Greetings,
If one can't talk to him to face then one should keep his mouth shut.
If everyone on this forum adopted that policy tomorrow, it wouldn't exist anymore!

Peace

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Greetings,

If everyone on this forum adopted that policy tomorrow, it wouldn't exist anymore!

Peace
Salaam

IT?????

Far7an
04-18-2006, 07:20 PM
it's called backbiting. You got a problem step up be a man and sort it out with him face to face.
No ya akhee. There are some exceptions when it is permissible to talk behind ones back. They are as follows:

1. oppression
2. Identifcation.( the blind man)
3. The one who commits sins openly
4. Asking for Fatwa
5. Warning Muslims from Evil Action
6. Forbidding the evil.

What myself or others have stated is the mistakes of Harun Yahya which others may fall into, If you read the other thread which I posted, some of his theories are clearly baatil (false). I myself have not attacked him personally.

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM

No ya akhee. There are some exceptions when it is permissible to talk behind ones back. They are as follows:

1. oppression
2. Identifcation.( the blind man)
3. The one who commits sins openly
4. Asking for Fatwa
5. Warning Muslims from Evil Action
6. Forbidding the evil.

What myself or others have stated is the mistakes of Harun Yahya which others may fall into, If you read the other thread which I posted, some of his theories are clearly baatil (false). I myself have not attacked him personally.
Salaam

True, But I felt some posts had a nagative intention behind them to slander Harun Yahya.

------
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
True, But I felt some posts had a nagative intention behind them to slander Harun Yahya.
Slandar in what context...:?

czgibson
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Greetings,
IT?????
The forum wouldn't exist anymore. Since we can't talk face to face, by your reasoning we wouldn't be able to talk to each other at all.

And silence would reign throughout LI forum...

The mods could all go on holiday...

Peace!

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Greetings,

The forum wouldn't exist anymore. Since we can't talk face to face, by your reasoning we wouldn't be able to talk to each other at all.

And silence would reign throughout LI forum...

Peace!
Salaam

I ment when you've got issues or a problem with someone, you should speak face to face not behind their backs this could lead to sin.

------
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Salaam

I ment when you've got issues or a problem with someone, you should speak face to face not behind their backs this could lead to sin.
Tru say bro, tru say.

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Kuri
Slandar in what context...:?
Salaam

read through the posts sis, and you'll see.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Br. Far7an has already explained the 'backbiting'/'slander' issue.

:w:

wilberhum
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Islam-truth, obviously your attitude is to remain silent regardless of the evil that any one does. That may be your choice, not mine. Why would I respectfully go to some one that I conceder a lier and a fraud, and ask for the truth?

Again I have to agree with czgibson, “If everyone on this forum adopted that policy tomorrow, it wouldn't exist anymore!”

Far7an
04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Czgibson,

The thought brings a tear to my eye!

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Islam-truth, obviously your attitude is to remain silent regardless of the evil that any one does. That may be your choice, not mine. Why would I respectfully go to some one that I conceder a lier and a fraud, and ask for the truth?

Again I have to agree with czgibson, “If everyone on this forum adopted that policy tomorrow, it wouldn't exist anymore!”
Salaam

Ok list your proof, other wise keep you opinions to your slef.

Far7an
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM

This is clearly going nowhere, we've explained ourselves already. It may have seemed to rude to you, what others were saying, but they made clear their intentions. :brother:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.