/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An incident to reflect upon

Battle_4_Peace
04-15-2006, 05:42 PM
An incident to reflect upon

Ibn Hasan, may Allah have mercy on Him, once remarked, 'I am grieving for forty years over a sin commited by me'. Someone enquired, 'What sin is that which has caused such great concern and greif in you?' He replied, 'Once I was visited by a friend and in order to entertain Him, I bought a fish which we later ate. After the meal, I scraped some sand from my neighbour's wall without his permission to wash my Hands. I am still crying over that sin'.

The questioner expressed surprise over the fact that such a small fault has created so much anguish and concern. So Ibn Hasan explained that according to the Prophet the biggest sin before Allah is that little slip which man regards as trivial and unimportant and therefore thinks it unnecessary to seek forgivness.

On the other hand, if He acknowledges His wrongs, considering them quite serious, he would certainly feel guilty and ashamed of His actions and this would lead him to repent, seek Allah forgivness through which he receives pardon and in this way obliterates all trace of the sin. Subhan Allah, Ya Ikhwan! He was grieving for 40 years, for such a small thing. Look at us today, we don't even pray and we don't even pay Zakat and think, that there is no problem. May Allah guide us to the Siratel Mustaqiem. Amien.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
04-15-2006, 06:01 PM
salaam
mashaallah great post n ameen to the duaa
jazakaallah khayr
subhanaallah ur post today r really good n beneficial
may allah reward with everything thats good
keep up the good work
mashaallah
wasalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.