/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Mission of Jesus (peace be upon him)

al-fateh
04-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Our creator sent prophets to show mankind the right path. Jesus(pbuh) was one of those messengers that Allak had prepared to be sent to the Jews (children of Israel) who had deviated from the teachings of Prophet Moses (pbuh). Allah taught him the Book, the wisdom, the Torah, and the gospel and suppoerted him with numerous miracles to prove that he was a messenger from Allah.In the Noble Quran Allah says:

"(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary.(He will be) held in honor in this world and the Hereafter, and will be one of those near (to Allah). He will speak to the people in (his) cradle and in (his) manhood, and he is of the righteous.She asked:'My Lord!How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said'So (it will be). Allah creates what he will. If he decrees a thng, He says to it only:Be! And it is. And he will teach him (Jesus) the book and the wisdome and the Torah and the Gospel. And (will make him) a messenger to the Children of Israel,(saying): Indeed I come to you with a sign from your Lord. I fashion for you out of clay the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it by Allah's leave will fly. And i heal the born blind and the leper, and raise the dead, by Allah's leave.And I inform you of what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Surely, herein is a sign for you if you are believers. And (I come) confirming that which was beofre me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden to you; and i come to you with a sign from you Lord. So fear Allah and obey me'." [ Quran Translation 3:45-3:50]

It must be realized that while Muslims believe that Jesus(pbuh)mwas given Allah's so-called "Good News", we do not recognize the present "Four Gospels" as the utterances of Jesus(pbuh) himself. Even the church concedes that four men wrote the "Four Gospels", but continues to uphold that they are divinely inspired, an assertation firmly rejected to us. It can be argued that if the four writers weredivinely inspired, then why are there so many discrepancies and ommisions in thier respective individual accounts of the life of Jesus(pbuh).

Another mission of Jesus (pbuh)was to tell the people about the coming of the final prophet after him. The Almighty Allah affirms in the Noble Quran:
"And (remember) when Jesus of Mary said : 'o Children of Israel! Indeed I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Torah (which came) before me, and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad!But when he came to them with clear proofs, they say:This is mere magic."[quran Translation 61:6]

The New Testament speaks of the coming of a "Comforter" after the ministry of Jesus(pbuh) as culled from Chapter 14: Verse 16 of the Bible's King James Version which says:"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener and Standby) that he may remain with you forever." In view of such biblical account, some Christians believe or are made to believe that the promised Comforter is The Holy SpiritBut this view is moot and in fact unacceptable because the "Holy Spirit " was already present during Jesus'(pbuh) ministry, and it's coming was not a future event. The Muslims, therefore, believe that the term "comforter" by necessity refers to a prophet.The prophet was Mohammed(pbuh), the unlearned prophet, the sole prophet who brought with him a complete comprehensive revelation from Allah, which has been preserved as it was revealed to him originally, challenging the whole world to come up with one chapter like it. Yet the world could never meet the challenge, and it will remain to be so till the end of time. It is the Miracle of miracles, the Last Testamentof faith adressed to the whole world embodying complete light and guidance as well as the conviction of sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.