/* */

PDA

View Full Version : everYbody bUt oursElves

hidaayah
04-16-2006, 04:07 PM
We're so quick to pick out the faults in others without looking at ourselves first. By becoming critics we do more harm than good. We become part of the problem rather than the solution of it. And besides we cannot always judge our brothers and sisters by the way things appear externally.

There may be some reason as to why a brother or sister is doing something that may not appear Islaamic. Our ignorance exacerbates these types of situations. And in cases where doubts arise, the benefit of the doubt should be given to our fellow brother and sister. For example, when a brother is seen not to have a beard, we shouldn't readily come to the conclusion that he shaves and is a sinner. We should make excuses for our brother by saying that maybe he cannot grow facial hair.

So the next time we are tempted to criticize others, let us take a deep look at ourselves first, and try to overlook our brothers' faults. If anything, we should help our fellow brothers and sisters out without embarrassing them. There is no denying that we are all guilty of this. I will be the first to admit that I am probably the guiltiest of it. But I ask Allah to forgive me and guide to the Siratal Mustaqeem. I ask Allah to do the same for the rest of the Ummah.

(Courtesy: www.hidayahonline.com)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!