/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lot offering daughters

renak
04-17-2006, 12:14 AM
11:78. And his people came unto him, running towards him - and before then they used to commit abominations - He said: O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of) my guests. Is there not among you any upright man?

Lot offered his daughters for sex. Do you think this should be taken literally?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
04-17-2006, 12:24 AM
He means for marriage not sex. :)

Battle_4_Peace
04-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Mujahid said, 'Actually, they were not his daughters, but they were from among his nation. Every Prophet is like a father to his nation'. (Tafsir ibn Kathir).

extinction
04-17-2006, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
11:78. And his people came unto him, running towards him - and before then they used to commit abominations - He said: O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of) my guests. Is there not among you any upright man?

Lot offered his daughters for sex. Do you think this should be taken literally?
Like the sister said marriage was intended not fornication........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
renak
04-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Why would he offer his daughters to homosexual men?

Battle_4_Peace
04-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Koran 11:78. And his people came unto him, running towards him - and before then they used to commit abominations - He said: O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of) my guests. Is there not among you any upright man?

renak
04-17-2006, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Battle_4_Peace
Koran 11:78. And his people came unto him, running towards him - and before then they used to commit abominations - He said: O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of) my guests. Is there not among you any upright man?
Thanks. I quoted this as well. I am just having difficulty understanding why Lot would offer his daughters to gay men. Wouldn't their marriage be of great hardship?:?

I do appreciate the view that Lot was offering the daughters for marriage, opposed to fornication.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Hello Renak,
Thanks. I quoted this as well. I am just having difficulty understanding why Lot would offer his daughters to gay men. Wouldn't their marriage be of great hardship?:?
As Battle_4_Peace already quoted for you from Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Prophet Lut was referring to the women of the nation as his 'daughters'; its was just an expression. He was urging the people to abandon homosexuality and marry the women of the nation.

Regards

extinction
04-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Why would he offer his daughters to homosexual men?
isn't that obvious he's trying to say look these are women go for them leave homosexuality(to my understanding)

renak
04-17-2006, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hello Renak,

As Battle_4_Peace already quoted for you from Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Prophet Lut was referring to the women of the nation as his 'daughters'; its was just an expression. He was urging the people to abandon homosexuality and marry the women of the nation.

Regards
I would imagine that few people at this time viewed homosexuality as genetic. lol Thus, offering women to homosexuals probably wasn't a big deal.

renak
04-17-2006, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hello Renak,

Regards
I guess that's one way to look at it. This nonliteral view is worth exploring. Few people I've met perceive this as just an expression. Gives me something to ponder.

al-fateh
04-17-2006, 02:35 AM
this is an expression for those homosexual men to repent and go by what Allah ordered when it comes to sex, to seek women as a mate and not a man.

he was reffering to the daughters of the Ummah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.