/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is God within us?

renak
04-17-2006, 01:25 AM
32:7 He is the One who perfected everything He created, and started the creation of the human from clay.

32:8 Then He continued his reproduction through a certain lowly liquid.

32:9 He shaped him and blew into him from His spirit. And He gave you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brains; rarely are you thankful.

Does anyone believe that the verses above may be interpretted to mean that God is within each of us?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
32:9 He shaped him and blew into him from His spirit. And He gave you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brains; rarely are you thankful.

Does anyone believe that the verses above may be interpretted to mean that God is within each of us?
No. Such an interpretation is unacceptable. The ayat:

32:9 He fashioned him [the human] in due proportion, and breathed into him the Rûh from Him. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!

Does not mean that God, or a part of God, is within us, as this contradicts numerous other Qur'anic verses which describe the position of God as above and beyond the universe. The verse merely ascribes the origin of the human Rûh to God as it was created by Him, just as the Qur'an says:
91:13 But the Messenger of Allah [Prophet Saalih pbuh] said to them: "It is a She-camel of Allah [Ar. Naaqat-Allahi]. And (bar her not from) having her drink!"

Here the camel has been attribiuted to Him using the same literary device in arabic grammar. The Rûh and the camel belong to Allah and their origin is from Him. Just as the miraculous camel presented to the Thamud, which was the creation of Allah and one of His special signs, is attributed to Allah, so is the Ruh which is blown into every human being. Both are attributed to Allah as a sign of their miraculous nature and the fact that they are the direct creation of Allah.

I think it is best for you to try to learn more about Islam before trying to come up with your interpretations for Qur'anic ayat.

Regards

The correct understanding of this issue has been expounded in this article:
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...ere-allah.html

renak
04-17-2006, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=Ansar Al-'Adl;261597]

I think it is best for you to try to learn more about Islam before trying to come up with your interpretations for Qur'anic ayat.

QUOTE]

Peace Ansar. I was simply asking the opinions of fellow forum members. If you read my post I was not stating that this was the manner in which we should view God, or ourselves. I simply asked a question.

Warm regards!
:statisfie

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-17-2006, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by renak
Peace Ansar. I was simply asking the opinions of fellow forum members. If you read my post I was not stating that this was the manner in which we should view God, or ourselves. I simply asked a question.
Good. In that case your question has been answered, and the thread may be closed, as is the policy with sectarian issues.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!