/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Du`aa (supplication)

- Qatada -
04-18-2006, 03:02 PM
:salamext:

Saying of the Salaf About the Du`aa

Shaykh Husayn al-Awaaishah
The Book of Du`aa © 1995 Jam`iat Ihyaa Minhaj al-Sunnah

`Umar radhiallahu `anhu is reported to have said, "I do not carry the worry of acceptance but the worry of du`aa. If I am inspired on how du`aa is made, acceptance will accompany it."

Abu Dharr radhiallahu `anhu said, "For (the purposes) cure, that much du`aa, as there is salt in food, is sufficient."

Muwarriq said, "I do not find any example for the believer except a man in the sea on a log who calls: 'O my Lord, O my Lord.' Perchance He (`azza wa jall) may redeem him."

Qasim bin `Abd said, "I said to Anas bin Malik: 'O Abu Hamzah pray to Allah for us.' He said: 'Du`aa is elevated by good deeds.'"

Ibn Mas`ud radhiallahu anhu said, "Allah does not accept du`aa from the ostentatious, the one who flaunts and the one who is not serious, (He accepts only) from a person who praises and asks from his heart."

It is reported that `Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak saw a man who was asking Allah, and he had a pebble in his hand. So he said to him, "If you are asking Allah for any good do not ask Him holding a stone in your hand."

`Aishah radhiallahu `anha is reported to have said, "No believer makes du`aa and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated."

`Abdullah ibn Abi Salih said, "Ta`us called upon me and I said to him, 'O Abu Abd al-Rahman, pray to Allah for me.' He said, 'Pray for yourself because He responds to the distressed one when he calls Him."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Repentance equals to

= Remorse at committing the sin,
Firm intention of not repeating it,
And confession of the sin.

Qur'an, Surah 2, Verse 37

If you want Allah to respond to you, you should respond
to the commands of Allah.

Qur'an, Surah 2, Verse 186

- Qatada -
04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
:salamext:

bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.