/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Never refuse!!

afriend
04-20-2006, 09:06 PM
:sl:

My dear brothers and sisters in Islam!

This is short but very important please read.

I write to tell you about a very important and worrying aspect.

Allah says in the Quraan:

"Obey Allah and obey the prophet(SAW)" (surah Al Imran)

It is a part of our faith to accept and follow every command Allah has asked us to follow.

If we do not follow, we may go to a certain extent that we may be commiting acts of Kufr.

Let me give you a parable, if your boss or head teacher asks you to do something but for some reason you are not able to or forget to, the boss might over look it once or twice, he may punnish you in some way.

But, on the other hand, if you do not carry out a command given by your boss and when he asks you and you refuse, you most probably will lose your job because you are not following orders from an higher authority.

So in the same way, we may not be able to do everything that Allah has ordered us to do, and Allah is the most forgiving and might forgive our errors if he wills. But, if we REFUSE to do as we are told altogether, then we are doing something which is extremely wrong.

May Allah guide you and help you to follow Islam properly.

Ameen.

Jazakallah for reading (more article to come :))

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
04-20-2006, 09:12 PM

mashalah bro iqram...well expained...something the ummah has lost on......inshalah it can be improved...

loved the parable example........

afriend
04-21-2006, 07:21 PM

Jazakallah for reading.

Please spread the word inshallah.

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Jizakallah khair for the nice reminder.

Speaking of obeying Allah swt, i best go pray my maghrib salah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mirage41
04-21-2006, 07:29 PM
How this 'information' new? Haven't all Muslims heard this like 10,000 times? No offense or anything, it just seems to be the equivalent of making a thread titled "Believe in Allah or you'll Burn in Hell!!!1".

S_87
04-21-2006, 07:31 PM

JazakAllah khair bro

heres something with regards to what youve posted

And this was Umar
http://www.aboouthmaan.com/

am sure that you all know the hadeeth in which ‘Umar (radee Allaahu ‘anhu) told the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that he is more beloved to him then everything in this world except his own self, to which the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) informed him that he (‘Umar) would not truly believe until he made the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) more beloved to him than even his own self.
What was ‘Umar’s response to his?

Did he say ok, inshaa’Allaah and jazak’Allaahu Khair like many of us do today by which we really mean get lost or by which we have no intention of following what we are being told, i.e. you tell a brother to give up smoking (it’s haraam) and he says “inshaa’Allaah” but has no intention to give up smoking, thus playing politics with this word.
No!

He replied immediately by saying to the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that he (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was more beloved to him (‘Umar) than his own self.
And this was ‘Umar (radee Allaahu ‘anhu). Within the space of a few minutes he had changed that which was in his heart and he heard and he obeyed.

Where are we from this?
Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said:

“The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allaah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say: ‘We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers’, and they say: ‘We hear, and we obey’ (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all).” (2:285)
In the Tafsir of Imaam ibn Kathir he states that “we hear and obey…” means: “We heard Your statement, O our Lord, comprehended and implemented it, and adhered to its implications.”

So let us be of those who when we hear that Allaah said and His Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said we “…hear and obey…” by comprehending what was said, implementing it and adhering to its implications. Let us not be like the jews who when they heard they said: “We hear your word and disobey.” (4:46) Wallaahu ta'aala 'aalam!

afriend
04-21-2006, 07:31 PM
How this 'information' new? Haven't all Muslims heard this like 10,000 times? No offense or anything, it just seems to be the equivalent of making a thread titled "Believe in Allah or you'll Burn in Hell!!!1".
I didn't say it was new....We have all erred at times...And please re-read my article, I think you you will a different message.....

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 07:36 PM
We all know that we shud obey Allah swt and his messanger, the brother was just reminding us through the metaphore he used. May Allah swt reward u abundantly for the remind. ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
04-21-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mirage41
heheY!

this article is somethin i was aware of yes but that parable certainly puts things in a different perspective. Now i kno i can err once or twice :p :p lol jus kiddin but seriously

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR BHAI :)

once again a very beneficial thread ;)

GOTTA SPREAD REPS AROUND :heated:

The Ruler
04-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Jazakallah iky....:happy: :thumbs_up

afriend2
04-21-2006, 07:50 PM
salaam,

barakAllah fique for sharing bro :) and to sis Amani with her input! :)

wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.