/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Event : Roles and Responsibilities of a Muslim in Britain

islamonline
04-22-2006, 03:20 PM
:sl:

An upcoming event not to be missed, Over 30+ Well Known speakers..

Venues: Bradford, Blackburn, Glasgow, Leicester, and London (Tooting), Wallsall

Further Details...at projecthaq.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Jazakallah for leting us know!

I'm be there for the Tooting venue....:)

Muslimaatan
04-23-2006, 02:59 AM
that's veryy nice..Mashaa'Allah.. only if i lived next 2 any of those places..*sigh*

islamonline
04-29-2006, 10:35 AM
*bump*

You cant afford to miss this Event(s) :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 10:44 AM
wudda gone if i cudnt download it :thumbs_up :p

islamonline
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
wudda gone if i cudnt download it :thumbs_up :p
Who knows you may not be able to ;)... I'd strongly recommend y'all to attend :brother:

islamonline
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Great Success of R&R Road Show

The first weekend of the Roles & Responsibilities of Muslims in Britain brought in over a thousand people between Glasgow and Walsall.

The event at Walsall needed an extra marquee to be assembled to cater for the large number of people.

The speakers had a central theme of urging the Muslims to rise up and become politically pro-active against the wave of legislations being enacted by the government which are eroding away our civil liberties.

Muslims were told their silence will not mean a brighter future but will result in being relegated to second class citizens of Britain.

The need for Muslims to be just was also emphasised and the need to call for justice for the Palestinians or in Iraq was as important for British Muslims as safeguarding our own land here in Britain.

Next Events will be at:

21 May The Empire, Belgrave Gate, Leicester. LE1 3WU

[Speakers: Sh Riyadh Ul Haq, Sh Shoaib Desia, Sh Kamal Hilbawi, Sh Ashraf Makadam, Dr Duad Abdullah, Br Anas Al-Takriti, Br Moazzam Begg Br Ismail Patel]

28 May Tooting Islamic Centre, London. SW17 7TJ

[Speakers: Sh Riyadh Ul Haq, Sh Ahmad Ali, Sh Haitham Al-Haddad, Sh Sulaiman Gani, Sir Iqbal Sacranie, Br Ismail Patel]

3 June Jamme Mosque, Cumberland Street, Blackburn. BB1 1JP

[Speakers: Sh Riyadh Ul Haq, Sh Mohammed Sidat, Sh Shoeb Desia, Sh Hanif Dudhwala, Sh Said Desia, Dr Adnan Siddique, Br Ismail Patel]

4 June Marlboro Function Hall, Carlisle Road, Bradford. BD8 8AT

[Speakers: Sh Riyadh Ul Haq, Sh Ahmad Ali, Br Ibrahim Hewitt, Br Masood Shadjareh, Br Maroof Shafi, Br Gulam Rasool, Br Ismail Patel]

http://www.projecthaq.com/events/roles.htm

If you havent attended any yet.. its not too late (4 more venues to go) Insha'Allah :

Hope to see y'all there Insha'Allah... ;)

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 04:13 PM

I think it would've been a good idea to have a talk more south of the country, near wales, or even close to places like Bristol

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Well... i have exams in that period... so i don't think so. Sheikh r.u haq is going so it must be the biz!
:w:

Mohsin
05-17-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah i heard sheikh riyad ul haq is amazing. Insha'allah we're going to get him down for our isoc

Do you know newhere i can listen to his lectures

Daffodil
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Asalamulaikum

Sh.Shuaib desai is top notch as well mashallah, brilliant speaker. He is the imam at my local masjid.

Would have gone to the leicester one but we've got sh.ahmed ali coming over that day to do a talk at the pmc in sheffield. ill put the poster up in a different thread inshallah.

Hijaabi22
05-19-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamonline

An upcoming event not to be missed, Over 30+ Well Known speakers..

Venues: Bradford, Blackburn, Glasgow, Leicester, and London (Tooting), Wallsall

http://www.projecthaq.com/events/RolesnRespons.jpg

Further Details...at projecthaq.com
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAADFORD WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Appetent
05-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Went to the one that was held here (in Walsall) last week. There was a good turn out. All of the talks were very good (obviously lol). Some were moving, especially the one that Moazzam Begg gave (about what he had to endure when he was held in the Guantanamo Bay camp in Cuba). Go to it if you get the opportunity to.

Shukria
05-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Salam
Who's goin to da 1 in Lesta...N from da link, doesn't look lyk all da Sheikhs r gonna b dere...
Wasalam

islamonline
05-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Reminder: Tommorrow (Leicester)

21 May The Empire, Belgrave Gate, Leicester. LE1 3WU

[Speakers: Sh Riyadh Ul Haq, Sh Shoaib Desia, Sh Kamal Hilbawi, Sh Ashraf Makadam, Dr Duad Abdullah, Br Anas Al-Takriti, Br Moazzam Begg Br Ismail Patel]

Btw, Bro Moazzam Begg will also be there Insha'Allah..

Do Come.. and bring your family/friends with you.

islamonline
05-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Update:

Bradford Event: Sunday 4th June

Sign Language Interpreter Available

Bradford Poster: http://www.projecthaq.com/events/bradford-roles.jpg

islamonline
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

Sh.Shuaib desai is top notch as well mashallah, brilliant speaker. He is the imam at my local masjid.
Indeed.
Aah.. Local imam at your local masjid?... masha'Allah..

Btw, I recognise that Daffodil.. your from SF? right?

Daffodil
05-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Indeed.
Aah.. Local imam at your local masjid?... masha'Allah..

Btw, I recognise that Daffodil.. your from SF? right?
Yep i am, good observation.

Isaac
05-24-2006, 08:31 PM
do we have to buy tickets for this event?

islamonline
05-25-2006, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
do we have to buy tickets for this event?
Nope Brother.. its Free..

islamonline
05-25-2006, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Yep i am, good observation.
Oh Right.. Nice to hear from ya.. Alhamdulillah..

Hope all is well. Havent seen you on SF recently?

Daffodil
05-25-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamonline
Oh Right.. Nice to hear from ya.. Alhamdulillah..

Hope all is well. Havent seen you on SF recently?
Thats because theyre so extremely anti salafi that they ALWAYS argue with everything i post. im not labeling my self a salafi, However they just blindly follow everything and some of their beliefs are very contradictary to the shariah i.e they celebrate mawlid n support innovations etc etc, hence why i dnt go on there any more as i wasnt gaining anything from that forum and all they wanted to do all the time was argue with me with such little adhab it was upsetting. so nope i dnt go on there any more, and am liking this forum much much more.

Asalamulaikum.

Ummah
05-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Asalaamualaikum

so anyone been to this event yet? i havnt been able to go and would love to read about ittttttt

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.