/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How the prophet looked like

Abdullah4ever
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
:sl:

Here are a couple of hadiths that i took from the book Shamail Tirmidhi, I only posted a couple because i didnt want to make the thread too long so if u want to see the whole thing go to my userpage.

Anas (Radiallahu Anhu) reports: "Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither tall nor was he short (like a dwarf--He was of medium stature). In complexion, he was he was neither very white like lime, nor very dark, nor brown which results in darkness (he was illuminant, more luminous than even the full-moon on the 14th night).
The hair of Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither very straight nor very curly (but slightly wavy). When he attained the age of forty, Allah the Almighty granted him nubuwwah (prophethood).He lived for ten years in Makkah (commentary) and in Madina for ten years. At that time there were not more than twenty white hair on his mubarak (blessed) head and beard." (This will be described in detail in the chapter on white hair of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam).

Anas bin Malik (Radiallhu Anhu) reports, "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was of a medium stature, he was neither very tall nor very short. He was very handsome, of medium built and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight (but was slightly wavy). He had a wheat-coloured complexion. When he walked, he leaned forward slightly".

Baraa bin Aazib (Radiallahu anhu) relates that: "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was a man of a medium build, (slightly tall, as explained before); he had broad shoulders (from which we may gather that he had a wide chest); he had dense hair which reached his ear-lobes; he wore a red striped lungi (a cloth worn around the legs) and shawl. I never saw anybody or anything more handsome than him".

Baraa bin Aazib (Radiallahu Anhu) reports: "I never seen someone with long hair and red clothing more handsome than Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam). His hair reached his shoulders. The portion between his two shoulders was wide. He was neither very tall nor very short".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.