/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kindness towards non-muslims

moujahid
04-08-2006, 06:47 PM
The Holy Prophet's (saw) teachings and sayings also deal with the manner of our conduct in respect to all mankind and even the other creatures of Allah Almighty.

It is related by Jareer Ibn Abdullah (ra) that the Prophet (saw) said: "Those whose hearts are devoid of mercy for others, will not obain the mercy of Allah."

The word "others" used in the hadeeth, includes not only the Muslims but the non-believers too. Everyone, indeed, has a claim to kindness and compassion, no matter what class or community he may belong to. True sympathy and kindness towards the non-believers and wrong-doers, however, would demand that first of all, a sorrow and concern is felt in the heart at their plight and transgression and an effort is made to save them. Besides this, in cases of physical or wordly want and suffering, we are commanded to be kind and helpful to them.

This hadeeth actually imparts a stern warning to those who do not treat their fellow-men with kindness and compassion and remain indifferent to their needs and difficulties.

In another hadeeth, narrated by Abdullah Ibn Amr (ra) the Prophet (saw) is reported to have said: "The Most Merciful (i.e. Allah) will have mercy on those who are merciful. Show compassion to the dwellers of the earth, then the One who dwells in the heavens (Allah) will show compassion to you!"

A strong emphasis to show kindness and mercy to all the creatures of Allah on earth, with whom one comes into contact, is contained in the hadeeth. lt first tells that there will be a special mercy of Allah on those who are merciful and then gives assurance that the Almighty will show compassion to those who are compassionate to His creatures. This emphasis, to show kindness and compassion to the "dwellers of the earth", not only includes men of all faiths and nationalities, but also the animals and other creatures.

A similar hadeeth has been reported by Anas (ra) and Abdullah Ibn Masud (ra): The Holy Prophet (saw) said: "All creatures are the 'Ayaal' (family) of Allah. The most beloved to Allah, amongst His creatures, is the one who is good to His 'Ayaal' (family - i.e. creatures)."

Those who are dependent on a person for the necessities of life (like food, clothing etc.) are called his 'Ayaal'. Therefore in this regard, all the created beings are the 'Ayaal' of the Creator - Allah. He is the sole Cherisher and Sustainer. The above hadeeth, thus explains that whoever shows kindness and sympathy to the creatures of Allah will be deserving of His love and mercy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
04-08-2006, 06:48 PM
thank you bro for the informaton :)

take care

cool_jannah
04-08-2006, 06:51 PM
:sl:
Subhanallah

JazakAllah khair brother.
I think we all should strictly follow these beautiful Hadeeth.
I hate talking to Non-Muslims rudely...I can't help it..they get annoying a lot of times. May Allah guide everyone to Siratal-Mustaqeem
Ameen

Ghazi
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym
It is nice that you post something about being nice to "kuffar", it is a real contradiction from your earlier calls to cut the heads off of kuffar.
Salaam

He was refering to battle not lets put an end to that convo

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hanifi
04-08-2006, 06:57 PM
:salamext:

Subhanallahi wabiHamdih

Jazaks bro.
Good post
:peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 07:01 PM
It is nice that you post something about being nice to "kuffar", it is a real contradiction from your earlier calls to cut the heads off of kuffar.
LOL thats exactly what i thought to. But still lets not forget we kill those who wish to kill us ;)

Malsidabym
04-08-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
LOL thats exactly what i thought to. But still lets not forget we kill those who wish to kill us ;)
Agreed. Kindness toward kuffar, including not expressing a desire to lop off ones head, is likely to be reciprocated. Including not expressing a desire to lop off your head in response. You and I have been doing alot of agreeing lately....:)

afriend
04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Mashallah!!

A step towards peace and tollerance inshallah.

Take care.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Agreed. Kindness toward kuffar, including not expressing a desire to lop off ones head, is likely to be reciprocated. Including not expressing a desire to lop off your head in response. You and I have been doing alot of agreeing lately....:)
haha :p

If only we agreed that theres only one God and Muhammad is the messenger (saws) eh :)

Malsidabym
04-08-2006, 07:17 PM
haha :p

If only we agreed that theres only one God and Muhammad is the messenger (saws) eh :)
Well, we are half way there. I agree there is only one God.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-08-2006, 07:18 PM
wow, thats great :).
Alhamdullilah

Now lets stik to the topic.

During secondary school i was kind to almost all the kufar. But the ones who tried to mock my religion i can tell u i did more then take my shoes off!!!

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Here's something we can reflect on:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him alone, to let him finish and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he had passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)
How many of us would show the same patience? The Prophet Muhammad pbuh is the best role model for us.

Let's keep this thread on topic and not discuss personal issues from threads that have been closed.
:w:

cool_jannah
04-23-2006, 06:32 AM
MashaAllah that's very good.

Protected_Diamond
04-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Love for the sake of Allah s.w.a and hate for the sake of Allah s.w.a!! :)

Devoted
04-24-2006, 11:39 AM
This is a very good topic....thank you..i have always considered being kind to one another as one of the most important things in life...muslim or kaafir..

Why would we kill who want to kill us?? Did the prophet(pbu) not once say that the strongest man is not the one in wrestling lakien the one who knows how to control his anger?

If someone wants to do bad by killing one of us or me or my family ...what would i gain by killing him too?? NOthing...violence is not the answer..so i am sorry i can not agree with what you said...We should stand above it and not lower ourself by committing the same sin...It is ALLAH who gives life and it is HE who takes it back...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Devoted
This is a very good topic....thank you..i have always considered being kind to one another as one of the most important things in life...muslim or kaafir..

Why would we kill who want to kill us?? Did the prophet(pbu) not once say that the strongest man is not the one in wrestling lakien the one who knows how to control his anger?

If someone wants to do bad by killing one of us or me or my family ...what would i gain by killing him too?? NOthing...violence is not the answer..so i am sorry i can not agree with what you said...We should stand above it and not lower ourself by committing the same sin...It is ALLAH who gives life and it is HE who takes it back...

i meant in self defence :heated: !!!!

i was thinking bout jihad, if we was in a war then course we'll kill those who wish to kill us but only fi-sabillilah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.