/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AS/A Levels revision

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Well my AS levels start in like 3 weeks, and I've not started revision. I've not even flicked through my notes, actually wait....I don't even know where my notes are. I think I binned them by mistake :hiding:

So anyway, anyone else doing AS/A level, in the same boat as me....having done no revision so far?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-25-2006, 05:20 PM
bro....do your revision just do it!!! seriously dont keep it waiting around!! i did that last year and man that wasnt good....i dont regret it as its taken me to a path that better suited to me...but hey thats me...just revise and do well in AS modules so that you can gain more UMS points because A2 is rock solid...looking back on AS...i think just how it easy it was compared to A2....my revision is on track slow but alhamdulilah im getting there with it....

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
:sl:

Why what did you get in AS?

And the reasons why I haven't really got round to revising is

A) I don't really know how to revise, I've never revised in my life...seriously, it all just worked out for me, but now....I have no technique for revision
B) Got hafiz class in the evenings....and when I get home....I am knackered...as I've had a non-stop day from 8 in the morning to 8 in the evening
C) I'm just laaaazy lol
D) I have to play a minimum 5 hours of football a week if I can...

mohakem
04-25-2006, 06:19 PM
As salamu alikum

All of those points can be rectified so that you can revise, at least for the next 3 weeks.

Try as hard as you can, and A2 level will be SO much easier. I have a friend who only needs 50% on his maths exam to get an A, an A!, because of how much revsion he put in for AS-level.

There are always resits, but judgeing from some of the other guys in class ... it's just TOO much.

--------

Im not in the same position as you as i did start my revision quite early and worked on it over easter, (not to make you feel bad, honestly!) but asking if anyone else is in the same position is hardly going to make a difference to you and what you can achieve...

Just revise hard for the next 3 weeks and you'll be happy, otherwise you be thinking as the papers are being given out .. 'if only i revised...' .. i hope that spurred you into some revision!

wa alikum salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohakem
As salamu alikum

All of those points can be rectified so that you can revise, at least for the next 3 weeks.

Try as hard as you can, and A2 level will be SO much easier. I have a friend who only needs 50% on his maths exam to get an A, an A!, because of how much revsion he put in for AS-level.

There are always resits, but judgeing from some of the other guys in class ... it's just TOO much.

--------

Im not in the same position as you as i did start my revision quite early and worked on it over easter, (not to make you feel bad, honestly!) but asking if anyone else is in the same position is hardly going to make a difference to you and what you can achieve...

Just revise hard for the next 3 weeks and you'll be happy, otherwise you be thinking as the papers are being given out .. 'if only i revised...' .. i hope that spurred you into some revision!

wa alikum salam
Jazakallah for the advice....

Though I think asking if other people have started will make a difference to me, firstly, I will feel more pressured into revision, secondly, I can get some tips

Again, Jazakallah for the advice, I will take it into account Inshallah

BTW, Just out of interest, what are you studying??

mohakem
04-25-2006, 06:31 PM
As salamu alikum

Sorry i didnt mean to lecture you :-[

I just replied in that other thread, im doing maths, physics and computing and im doing A2. Pretty much the same as you.

If you do need help with anything i shall try to help you as best as i can or ask for you.

wa alikum salam

PS: I have plenty of edexcel past papers with answers. :brother:

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 06:35 PM
:sl:

You do computing??????!

I do it at AS and I am definately dropping it, its a complete headache, and I hate the MS Access Practical.

What course you applied for? I'm guessing engineering?

mohakem
04-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Yes, in fact i just handed in my CP6 coursework today. The deadline was yesterday .. but being arab deadlines and timings dont really matter ;D

InshAllah i was hoping to do electrical/electronics but im still not sure. Im hoping to take a gap year and so have sometime anyway.

Wa alikum salam

Starseeker
04-25-2006, 06:44 PM
AS Level???? may allah be with all of you that are doing that. I'm doing my GCSE's and I'm struggling imagine where I'm going to be next year.....(Nowhere my life will end on august 24th when i get my grades!!!)

muzna
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
well..i think the best thing to do right now would be lots of past papers..refer the mark schemes and books...read the text on the mistakes you make..

muzna
04-25-2006, 06:59 PM
i seriously miss AL..it was the most fun i've ever had learning...especially A2 physics - wave and particle theory, fields, the synthesis paper...too cool..

------
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
especially A2 physics - wave and particle theory, fields, the
synthesis paper...too cool..
:eek:

mohakem
04-25-2006, 07:03 PM
As salamu alikum

A2 physics is interesting... but... the synoptic paper... :hiding: :exhausted

Wa alikum salam

muzna
04-25-2006, 07:03 PM
As salamu alikum

Sorry i didnt mean to lecture you :-[

I just replied in that other thread, im doing maths, physics and computing and im doing A2. Pretty much the same as you.

If you do need help with anything i shall try to help you as best as i can or ask for you.

wa alikum salam

PS: I have plenty of edexcel past papers with answers. :brother:
if you're doing combined math...it should be okay..i didnt do well in P3 and M3 cause i played during class..P3 was i bore..i liked integration but vectors annoyed me...M3 i loved but crashed anyway..

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Yes, in fact i just handed in my CP6 coursework today. The deadline was yesterday .. but being arab deadlines and timings dont really matter ;D

InshAllah i was hoping to do electrical/electronics but im still not sure. Im hoping to take a gap year and so have sometime anyway.

Wa alikum salam
Electrical Engineering, that looks like an awesome course. BTW What grades did you achieve in AS level, and what are you predicted for A2?

Also I know for maths the best way is just practice, practice, practice.

But what about for Physics? Because physics involves more written answers, and linking of concepts.

muzna
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
As salamu alikum

A2 physics is interesting... but... the synoptic paper... :hiding: :exhausted

Wa alikum salam
yeah..the synoptic paper is trying...i guess the best thing is to score really well in practical..its only the paragraph in the paper that is challenging...

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 03:46 PM
if you think the subjects you do are a hassle try do CLASSICAL CIVILISATION...ya Allah...i hate it!! its a killer

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
mashAllah i've alredy gone thru all those exams, now its all bout sittin bak, relaxin (workin :p same thing) and watchin the money reel in ;D

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
mashAllah i've alredy gone thru all those exams, now its all bout sittin bak, relaxin (workin :p same thing) and watchin the money reel in ;D
*rolls eyes...and thinks 'buy one special get one free*

seeker_of_ilm
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
if you think the subjects you do are a hassle try do CLASSICAL CIVILISATION...ya Allah...i hate it!! its a killer
Classical Civilisation? I saw a few past papers...it looks rather interesting...I'd swap computing for Classical Civilisation anyday

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
Classical Civilisation? I saw a few past papers...it looks rather interesting...I'd swap computing for Classical Civilisation anyday
no trust me you wouldnt...its all a trick...i HATE it....stoopid it is

x Maz x
04-26-2006, 04:43 PM
You think your the only one? i'm going to be undertaking my GCSEs (although nothing comapred to A levels) but i am friggn going to pop...i cant revise :(...Get through the contents page and think i've revised enough and i close the book :'(...Make du'aa for me that i attain my expected grades inshAllah WalaykumAsalaam x

Bittersteel
04-26-2006, 04:55 PM
is it easy to get jobs for people who have studied Computer Science?

seeker_of_ilm
04-26-2006, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
is it easy to get jobs for people who have studied Computer Science?
I don't know about anywhere else, but in England, it is very difficult for people with Computer Science degrees to get jobs, I know a lot of graduates who are working in non-computer related jobs, because theres not much demand in it, and most of the careers advisers at college advise against Computer Science. But like I said, this is just England,

Sunflower
04-26-2006, 05:41 PM
A2 Biology? AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!.. its SOOO boring and i no im going to fail HELP! :? :okay:

muzna
04-26-2006, 06:15 PM
yeah..seriously..i actually fell asleep in front of the teacher one day in bio class..front row..she actually woke me up..really embarassing..but i cant stand ecology..A2 bio is a drag

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.