/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An Atheist Teacher meets her match

DaSangarTalib
04-25-2006, 09:34 PM
One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a little boy:

TEACHER : Tommy, do you see the tree outside?
TOMMY : Yes.

TEACHER : Tommy, do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER : Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.
TOMMY : Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER : Did you see God?
TOMMY : No.

TEACHER : That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy :

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Tommy, do you see the grass outside?
TOMMY : Yesssssssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Did you see the sky?
TOMMY : Yessssssssss.

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Tommy, do you see the teacher?

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Do you see her brain?

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!!! :giggling:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al-fateh
04-25-2006, 09:51 PM
cool :)

Hussein radi
04-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Lol!

mirage41
04-26-2006, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by G-HaD-Ta-Raaza
One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a little boy:

TEACHER : Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

TEACHER : Tommy, do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER : Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.
TOMMY : Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER : Did you see God?

TEACHER : That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. He doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy :

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Tommy, do you see the grass outside?
TOMMY : Yesssssssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Did you see the sky?
TOMMY : Yessssssssss.

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Tommy, do you see the teacher?

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Do you see her brain?

LITTLE FAATHIMA : Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!!! :giggling:

There isn't a single atheist on earth that uses the argument that "you can't see god, therefore he doesnt exist". So you're just responding to arguements that don't really even exist.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:09 AM
haha lol

Ummu Sufyaan
06-19-2009, 10:55 AM
:sl:

i didnt know what else to call this thread :hiding:

One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a little boy: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God up there?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there. Possibly he just doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions.

The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss!

LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss!

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

LITTLE GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she possibly may not even have one!

Danah
06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
wow....amazing thing how the little girl came up with those questions

thanks for sharing

Bub
06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
MashAllah i love it very much! i so funny!

Strzelecki
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mirage41
There isn't a single atheist on earth that uses the argument that "you can't see god, therefore he doesnt exist". So you're just responding to arguements that don't really even exist.
Not a single Atheist on Earth?
It seems to be the backbone arguement for all too many.

Thinker
06-19-2009, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
Not a single Atheist on Earth?
It seems to be the backbone arguement for all too many.
I think the principle argument is that it falls upon those who suggest it exists to pove its existence not those who believe it doesn’t exist. If I said I can fly would it be up to you to prove that I can’t or me to prove that I can?

Mysterious Uk
06-19-2009, 02:00 PM
In what school are 6 year olds taught evolution!?:skeleton:

Plus nowadays if a teacher tried teaching 6 year old children God doesn't exist, they would be in trouble..

N e hu.. interesting post..

silkworm
07-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Very Smart...

Zafran
07-01-2009, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mirage41
An atheist may argue that there is no emperical evedince for God -

liya
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
heard it from long time ago ... but interseting !!

Abdul Fattah
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
I think the principle argument is that it falls upon those who suggest it exists to pove its existence not those who believe it doesn’t exist. If I said I can fly would it be up to you to prove that I can’t or me to prove that I can?
Hi,
I would argue that what you describe is more of an "agnostic" p.o.v. instead of an "atheistic" p.o.v.

sfajmal2004
07-08-2009, 01:22 AM
nice one...liked it ;)

Gubbleknucker
07-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Ah,

***yes, I am aware that it's a joke, but still***It is true that we have not seen her brain, but we have determined that all functioning humans have a brain. To disprove this, you merely need a counter-example.
A propagandized idiot of an atheist teacher within the confines of a joke will not try to explain this.

I have no idea whether I had any atheist teachers or not. Schools here are secular. There is no mention of God except in History class, when it is necessary because many of the governments we learn about were based in Christianity.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-08-2009, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gubbleknucker

***yes, I am aware that it's a joke, but still***It is true that we have not seen her brain, but we have determined that all functioning humans have a brain.
how about using other examples then (not necessarily related to the joke)
we (members of this forum) cant see one another, but surely there is someone behind that screen otherwise how are we posting?

or maybe someone driving a car. you cant have a car move without someone driving it...

Gubbleknucker
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
One of us could potentially be a chatterbot.

Forced_In
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
One of us could potentially be a chatterbot.
Hello - Salaam

It would be a great honor for me to meet the author of such a chatterbot. A
bot which discusses abstract topics. It is an outstanding achievement for
humanity.

Regards.

Aurora
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
We cannot be 100% certain that the teacher has a brain, but we could try and verify it by giving the teacher an x-ray, however there is no way of verifying that there is a god.

The op is such a massive strawman.

GreyKode
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aurora
We cannot be 100% certain that the teacher has a brain, but we could try and verify it by giving the teacher an x-ray, however there is no way of verifying that there is a god.

The op is such a massive strawman.
hmmm... do you actually know that if you use an x-ray on the head you ACTUALLY won't see the brain...thus strengthening the OPs point.
you'll see a big hollow skull thus no brain...xD

Gubbleknucker
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Forced_In
Hello - Salaam

It would be a great honor for me to meet the author of such a chatterbot. A
bot which discusses abstract topics. It is an outstanding achievement for
humanity.

Regards.
I totally agree with you.

Aurora
07-08-2009, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
hmmm... do you actually know that if you use an x-ray on the head you ACTUALLY won't see the brain...thus strengthening the OPs point.
you'll see a big hollow skull thus no brain...xD
An MRI or fMRI scan then :statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
07-09-2009, 03:54 AM
there is, but some people may choose to ignore it.

Gubbleknucker
07-10-2009, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
Is it death?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll ignore it. I value life far more than the answer to that question.

Zafran
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Is it death?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll ignore it. I value life far more than the answer to that question.
i dont think she meant that but you didnt ignore death there did you:) = it was on your mind.

Gubbleknucker
07-10-2009, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
it was on your mind.
No, not really. I just don't see what other test there could possibly be.
Otherwise I wouldn't call it Faith.

Zafran
07-10-2009, 01:43 AM
No, not really. I just don't see what other test there could possibly be.
Otherwise I wouldn't call it Faith.
your the one that even mentioned death........yet you also say that you ignore it? thats not ignoring it at all.

Forced_In
07-10-2009, 07:19 AM
An MRI or fMRI scan then :statisfie
Hello,

How can you be sure that the output actually shows the teachers brain ? IMHO
the best way would be to see the brain directly (dont ask how though...). But
then how can you be sure that this brain is controlling the teacher ? Maybe it is
some sort of hidden micro-chips that is doing the job. I suppose without some
sort of "basic preassumptions" one can infer little if any. Though the question is
what "basic preassumptions" ?

Regards.

Banu_Hashim
07-10-2009, 07:21 AM
lol. funny.

Aurora
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I haven't found it yet and I'm not ignoring anything. If God really wants to verify himself to me then he should send an angel like Gibreel to me or something and get him to do a miracle for me. Simple.

Aurora
07-10-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Forced_In
Hello,

How can you be sure that the output actually shows the teachers brain ? IMHO
the best way would be to see the brain directly (dont ask how though...). But
then how can you be sure that this brain is controlling the teacher ? Maybe it is
some sort of hidden micro-chips that is doing the job. I suppose without some
sort of "basic preassumptions" one can infer little if any. Though the question is
what "basic preassumptions" ?

Regards.
We can never be totally certain about anything at all. It isn't useful to think other than she does have a brain until proven otherwise, so long as she shows signs of having one. We could open up the teachers skull and look to be more sure I suppose.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Is it death?
no.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll ignore it.
by "some people," i didnt mean specifically you.

I value life far more than the answer to that question.
fine, you do that. but don't go around showing attitude unnecessarily when things are tried to be explained to you, and you turn around and ignore it. seriously, its not cool.

I haven't found it yet and I'm not ignoring anything. If God really wants to verify himself to me then he should send an angel like Gibreel to me or something and get him to do a miracle for me. Simple.
but then even if that were to happen, what would stop you from coming up with some excuse as to deny that as well?

Ramadhan
07-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Amazingly, Allah mentions this in the Qur'an in several ayats (cant remember which ones though): The Kaafirins (Disbelievers) told Muhammad that if his message is true, then Allah should send down Angels instead and to show them miracles. And even then, the disbelievers would still refuse to believe and submit.

Gubbleknucker
07-12-2009, 08:52 PM
what would stop you from coming up with some excuse as to deny that as well?
Nothing more than my criteria for assessing whether one of my teachers exists or not.
To be more exact, I have to be fully conscious and not under the influence of any kind of hallucinogen.

This should not be difficult at all.

BTW, I thought of another objective test:

If we discover an alien species that follows Islam without having had any previous contact with any human Muslim, I'll probably convert immediately.

جوري
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Really, haven't found anything at all.. you must live in the complete absence of matter then.

Some folks are indeed born with an incomplete brain.. heard of Holoprosencephaly?
Isn't it amazing how the ever mindful 'nature' with its unidirectional sentience managed to give us brains and not leave that detail out else we'd have all perished when evolution decided to well evolve us?. ... what was the first product of evolution do you think.. the chicken or the egg?

all hail panspermia & abiogensis

very scientific indeed!

btw, on a conclusive note-- No one is forcing you to believe in anything... I wonder why it is you insinuate yourself in threads to display antipathy and derision toward religion...

I can't see or measure your emotional need to reply to this thread, thus your feelings on the matter can be dismissed!

Aurora
07-13-2009, 03:32 PM
but then even if that were to happen, what would stop you from coming up with some excuse as to deny that as well?
I wouldn't. It won't take much to convince me. I have no problems practising Islam if it means I can go to heaven, but at the moment I don't believe in it.

Aurora
07-13-2009, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Amazingly, Allah mentions this in the Qur'an in several ayats (cant remember which ones though): The Kaafirins (Disbelievers) told Muhammad that if his message is true, then Allah should send down Angels instead and to show them miracles. And even then, the disbelievers would still refuse to believe and submit.
You don't know me and you don't know how all disbelievers would react to something like that. If an Angel was sent to me with miracles, I would have no problem accepting Islam. Praying 5 times a day, giving Zakat, fasting during Ramadam aren't things I would have much difficulty doing.

Aurora
07-13-2009, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Really, haven't found anything at all.. you must live in the complete absence of matter then.
Absence of matter?

Some folks are indeed born with an incomplete brain.. heard of Holoprosencephaly?
Isn't it amazing how the ever mindful 'nature' with its unidirectional sentience managed to give us brains and not leave that detail out else we'd have all perished when evolution decided to well evolve us?. ... what was the first product of evolution do you think.. the chicken or the egg?
Evolution didn't decide anything, it isn't concious ffs. Doed gravity 'decide' to have us fall?
The egg came first obviously or do you think the chicken just puffed in to existence?

That is a complete misrepresentation of the theory and you know it.

all hail panspermia & abiogensis

very scientific indeed!
:?

btw, on a conclusive note-- No one is forcing you to believe in anything... I wonder why it is you insinuate yourself in threads to display antipathy and derision toward religion...
Is there something in particular that I said in this thread or others that showed antipathy toward religion? Honest question because I don't have all that much ill feeling toward religions recently.

I can't see or measure your emotional need to reply to this thread, thus your feelings on the matter can be dismissed!
I can't see or measure why you feel the need to reply to me.

جوري
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Absence of matter? wtf are you on about?
WTF is so refined.. it means you must live in a vacuum!

Evolution didn't decide anything, it isn't concious ffs. Doed gravity 'decide' to have us fall?
You are confabulating!

The egg came first obviously or do you think the chicken just puffed in to existence?
I don't know, I am asking you.. would you like to take us through the process of how those first cells assembled to form an egg all the way to fully fledged chicken and or one of the billion of other species in existence?

That is a complete misrepresentation of the theory and you know it.
Perhaps you can do better.. in your own words without referencing us to sites that have no relevance to the questions asked?

:?
a conundrum indeed..

Is there something in particular that I said in this thread or others that showed antipathy toward religion? Honest question because I don't have all that much ill feeling toward religions recently.
'not all that much'? does that mean just a weensy bit?

I can't see or measure why you feel the need to reply to me.
Indeed.. there are no emotion-o-meter yet amazingly they exist!

all the best

Aurora
07-13-2009, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
WTF is so refined.. it means you must live in a vacuum!
No, I live in my house miss, not in a vacuum.

You are confabulating!
Nope. Science isn't your enemy. Pick up a book on Evolution since you seem rather obsessed with it. It might be worth actually learning something about it.

I don't know, I am asking you.. would you like to take us through the process of how those first cells assembled to form an egg all the way to fully fledged chicken and or one of the billion of other species in existence?

Perhaps you can do better.. in your own words without referencing us to sites that have no relevance to the questions asked?
Nope. This thread had nothing to do with evolution, stop diverting it

a conundrum indeed..
Looked like sperm coming out of the sky. How did you expect me to respond?

'not all that much'? does that mean just a weensy bit?
All religions have their aspects that I find good and aspects that I find bad.

Could you tell me what post that I've made that made you think I hated religion, or is it just your assumption that anyone that is atheist or agnostic much hate religion?

Indeed.. there are no emotion-o-meter yet amazingly they exist!
Thats nice.

all the best
Same to you :)

جوري
07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
No, I live in my house miss, not in a vacuum.
It must be devoid of life, since it hasn't left you much to contemplate then.. a shame!

Nope. Science isn't your enemy. Pick up a book on Evolution since you seem rather obsessed with it. It might be worth actually learning something about it.
Indeed science is a friend and not the enemy.. hence I ask you integrate what you know of it, why do you deflect?

Nope. This thread had nothing to do with evolution, stop diverting it
what is it about? science not being an enemy and your desire for angelic visitation?

Looked like sperm coming out of the sky. How did you expect me to respond?
I thought it merited a guffaw.. that is panspermia for you.. quite scientific .. do look it up!

All religions have their aspects that I find good and aspects that I find bad.
This concerns us in what respect?

Could you tell me what post that I've made that made you think I hated religion, or is it just your assumption that anyone that is atheist or agnostic much hate religion?
your constant remark on its incompatibility with science, which if I may say, you can't articulate either subjects with any dexterity!

Thats nice.
ain't it?

Same to you :)
thanks I shall

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.