/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is your Hijab

DaSangarTalib
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Where is your Hijab

In The Name Of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All Praise And Thanks Are Due To Allah, And Peace And Blessings Be Upon His Messenger.
By JUNDULLAH

Dear sister in Islam, thanks a lot for taking the time to read this article. This article has been written mostly for those sisters who do not wear the Hijab, for those who have not yet understood the importance of the Hijab, and for all those who wear the Hijab but failing to fulfill its requirements.

“Jewels Are Precious - So Protect Them”. Sister you are the Jewel, you are Precious, and you need Protection. Your Creator has shown you long ago how to protect yourself but Laa, No you won’t heed him, you will do what you like, dress yourself as you like and go wherever you like… and afterwards you’ll cry, but for some of you it will be too LATE.

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that what is apparent, and to draw their veil over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands’ fathers, or their sons or their husbands’ sons, or their brothers’ sons or sisters’ sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women’s nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.” (An-Nur 24:31)

From the above verse it is easily understood that, apart from lowering her gaze, a woman must not display any part of her body. We also understand from the same verse that a woman must cover her chest and should not reveal her adornment to anyone except to her husband, father, father-in-law… as stated in the above verse.

So, to fulfill Allah’s command, you should wear a Hijab.

What is a Hijab? In the Qu’ran, the term Hijab is used of the attire of the Muslim woman as a whole, but also includes the way she lives and acts. In everyday language it often refers to the veil or scarf itself which must cover the head and chest.

Hijab is derived from the Arabic word hajaba which means to conceal or to prevent from being seen. So a Hijab can be an opaque piece of cloth which covers your body from the public’s eyes.

What is the purpose of the Hijab? The purpose of the Hijab in Islam is not to cut Muslim women from participating in the activities of the society or to keep men and women utterly segregated or to make it hard for women to function normally in life. Rather, the Hijab is to help women maintain their dignity and honour as free persons and to help them fulfill their obligation smoothly and comfortably.

The Hijab has been prescribed for your own good dear sister. It protects you from the lusty intentions of evil people. The Hijab is meant to preserve your dignity, O Muslim sister!

Hence like all other Shari’ah-based commands, Hijab should be given due care, for it brings countless fruits and benefits. Hijab is the proper Islamic dress code, which is primarily intended to safeguard modesty, dignity and honour of men and women. In instructing you to wear the Hijab, Allah has given Muslim women what they can bear of injunctions and obligations, for Allah says,

“And We do not lay on any soul a burden except to the extent of it’s ability, and with Us is a Book which speaks the truth, and they shall not be dealt with injustly.” (Al-Mu’minune 23: 62)

What are the requirements of the Hijab? The requisites of Hijab or proper Islamic clothing for women:-

1. It should cover the whole body except face and hands. (may cover face and hands if you wish so)
2. It should be loose-fitting.
3. It should not be transparent or revealing.
4. It should not be an attire specifically worn by men only.

The first condition can be supported by taking a look at the verse stated above (An-Nur: 31). As for the second one, the clothes you wear should not be tight so that it does not take the form of your body. Also the clothes should not be transparent and should not be in such a way that your body is revealed. Finally the attire should not be one that is worn only by men because the Prophet (s.a.w) had once said that there will be punishment for those men who imitate women and vice-versa. So, women are not said to be imitating men only when they cut their hair or while doing activities that should have been done only by men, but also while clothing themselves as them. O you Muslim sisters, abide by the laws of Allah. Follow your only guide, AL-QUR’AN. As long as your clothes fulfill the above conditions, then you don’t have to worry.

Hijab is a duty that the Almighty has prescribed for Muslim women, for woman like YOU. Don’t you know? Don’t you know what Allah has said in the Holy Book? Allah says:

“It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by God and his Apostle, to have any option about their decision: if anyone disobeys God and his Apostle, he is indeed on a clearly wrong path. ”. (Al-Ahzab: 36)

It is clear that Allah Almighty has obliged Muslim women to wear Hijab in order to preserve them from bedizenment (to dress or ornament with showy finery) which would definitely make them prone to harassment and render them an easy prey for depraved men with lusty motives. Thus Hijab is meant to protect you, to protect your honour and dignity, and to protect you from the illnesses of our society. Hijab is also meant to safeguard and protect the whole society from temptation and secure the stability of marital lives.

Now, after reading the above verses and this article, don’t you feel at least a little guilty for having disobeyed Allah for so long. So, what are you waiting for? Don’t you think its time to bring the real Islam back into your life? Why do you want to be like those Kuffars when you have the deen of Haq (truth) in your hand? Can’t you see that you are being manipulated by the Kaffirs? Can’t you see?

So what are you WAITING for? RETURN BACK TO YOUR LORD! RETURN BACK TO ALLAH! Ask for His forgiveness for all those years that you have sinned. GO AND GRAB THAT HIJAB!!!

If a person refuses to wear the Hijab after knowing that it is a requirement mandated by Allah, then she is truly a transgressor and guilty of a serious offence in the sight of Allah. She will surely be punished for this sin unless Allah wants otherwise.

Why do you want to be the pleasure of public’s eyes by exposing your body and beauty? Why? DON’T YOU REMEMBER WHAT ALLAH SAYS IN THE THIRTY-FIRST VERSE OF SURAH AN-NUR? If ever you have to expose your body, then do it only in front of your husband and not for the public.
Who do you FEAR? ALLAH or the KAAFIRS? Are you ashame to wear the Hijaab only because these Kuffars will make fun of you? Won’t you be ashamed then when Allah will ask you why you didn’t obey him? Can’t you do it only for the pleasure of your creator?

You are not wearing the Hijab because you are afraid that these Kaafirs will say that your Hijab is something that is outdated. No my sister, they will say this only because they are IGNORANT. Due to the decrease in moral values nowadays, circumstances have made Hijab even more than necessary. In our society of today, human are like wolves in clothes with lusty motives and ideas under their scalps. With sex crimes constantly increasing and “liberated women” in the society, they now face high chances of being sexually harassed or raped. Allah made the Hijab compulsory so as to protect you from harm dear sister. Be it you are going to school, to work, or to any other places, you must wear your Hijab. This is Allah’s law, and be aware that the Almighty’s laws has got no flaws. Many IGNORANTS will tell you that your Hijab is like a portable prison that restricts your mind and life. Do you know why they say this nonsense to you? This is because they want you to fall victim to their plots. So, beware! Don’t be naïve enough to slide away from the rope of Allah. Wake up O Muslim sister, WAKE UP!!!

Do you know why the number of rapes is increasing? Do you Know? Its because of women who don’t want to accept the laws of the Almighty, women who are ready to compromise Islam, women who are ready to reject the Truth. Yes my dear sister, we know you won’t compromise Islam, we know that like all of us you want to be in Jannah one day and we know that you have Imaan in your heart. So, for the sake of Allah, just to be in Jannah, just to make the difference between you and the Kaafirs, AS FROM NOW REPENT, REPENT FOR HAVING DISOBEYED YOUR CREATOR AND START WEARING YOUR HIJAB AS FROM TODAY ONLY FOR ALLAH’S PLEASURE AND FOR THE PLACE (JANNAH) THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE IN ONE DAY.

There is only two destinations after death; one is Jannah and the other one is the Hell. My dear sister you are at a cross-road, its time to take your decision now. SO NOW THINK ABOUT IT AND DON’T LET SHAITWAAN HELP YOU TO TAKE THIS DECISION, AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL DON’T LET HIM BLIND YOU. We hope that Allah will help you take the right decision. AMEEN.

SOURCE: Load-Islam - Load-Islam.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
waji
04-29-2006, 06:39 PM
:sl:

Why She Won't Wear Hijab!
A Discussion

"I'm so tired."
"Tired of what?"
"Of all these people judging me."
"Who judged you?"
"Like that woman, every time I sit with her, she tells me to wear hijab."
"Oh, hijab and music! The mother of all topics!"
"Yeah! I listen to music without hijab…haha!"
"Maybe she was just giving you advice."
"I don't need her advice. I know my religion. Can`t she mind her own
business?"
"Maybe you misunderstood. She was just being nice."
"Keeping out of my business, that would be nice..."
"But it's her duty to encourage you do to good."
"Trust me. That was no encouragement. And what do you mean `good` ?"
"Well, wearing hijab, that would be a good thing to do."
"Says who?"
"It's in the Qur'an, isn't it?"
"Yes. She did quote me something."
"She said Surah Nur, and other places of the Qur'an."
"Yes, but it's not a big sin anyway. Helping people and praying is more
important."
"True. But big things start with small things."
"That's a good point, but what you wear is not important. What's important
is to have a good healthy heart."
"What you wear is not important?"
"That's what I said."
"Then why do you spend an hour every morning fixing up?"
"What do you mean?"
"You spend money on cosmetics, not to mention all the time you spend on
fixing your hair and low-carb dieting."
"So?"
"So, your appearance IS important."
"No. I said wearing hijab is not an important thing in religion."
"If it's not an important thing in religion, why is it mentioned in the Holy
Qur'an?"
"You know I can't follow all that's in Qur'an."
"You mean God tells you something to do, you disobey and then it's OK?"
"Yes. God is forgiving."
"God is forgiving to those who repent and do not repeat their mistakes."
"Says who?"
"Says the same book that tells you to cover."
"But I don't like hijab, it limits my freedom."
"But the lotions, lipsticks, mascara and other cosmetics set you free?!
What`s your definition of freedom anyway?"
"Freedom is in doing whatever you like to do."
"No. Freedom is in doing the right thing, not in doing whatever we wish to do."
"Look! I've seen so many people who don't wear hijab and are nice people, and so many who wear hijab and are bad people."
"So what? There are people who are nice to you but are alcoholic. Should we all be alcoholics? You made a stupid point."
"I don't want to be an extremist or a fanatic. I'm OK the way I am without hijab."
"Then you are a secular fanatic. An extremist in disobeying God."
"You don't get it, if I wear hijab, who would marry me?!"
"So all these people with hijab never get married?!"
"Okay! What if I get married and my husband doesn't like it? And wants me to remove it?"
"What if your husband wants you to go out with him on a bank robbery?!"
"That's irrelevant, bank robbery is a crime."
"Disobeying your Creator is not a crime?"
"But then who would hire me?"
"A company that respects people for who they are."
"Not after 9-11"
"Yes. After 9-11. Don't you know about Hanan who just got into med school?
And the other one, what was her name, the girl who always wore a white hijab…ummm…"
"Yasmeen?"
"Yes. Yasmeen. She just finished her MBA and is now interning for GE."
"Why do you reduce religion to a piece of cloth anyway?"
"Why do you reduce womanhood to high heals and lipstick colors?"
"You didn't answer my question."
"In fact, I did. Hijab is not just a piece of cloth. It is obeying God in a difficult environment. It is courage, faith in action, and true womanhood.
But your short sleeves, tight pants…"
"That's called `fashion`, you live in a cave or
something? First of all, hijab was founded by men who wanted to control
women."
"Really? I did not know men could control women by hijab."
"Yes. That's what it is."
"What about the women who fight their husbands to wear hijab? And women in France who are forced to remove their hijab by men? What do you say about that?"
"Well, that's different."
"What difference? The woman who asked you to wear hijab…she was a woman, right?"
"Right, but…"
"But fashions that are designed and promoted by male-dominated corporations, set you free? Men have no control on exposing women and using them as a commodity?! Give me a break!"
"Wait, let me finish, I was saying…"
"Saying what? You think that men control women by hijab?"
"Yes."
"Specifically how?"
"By telling women how and what to wear, dummy!"
"Doesn't TV, magazines and movies tell you what to wear, and how to be `attractive'?"
"Of course, it's fashion."
"Isn't that control? Pressuring you to wear what they want you to wear?"
[Silence]
"Not just controlling you, but also controlling the market."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, you are told to look skinny and anorexic like that woman on the cover of the magazine, by men who design those magazines and sell those products."
"I don't get it. What does hijab have to do with products."
"It has everything to do with that. Don't you see? Hijab is a threat to consumerism, women who spend billions of dollars to look skinny and live by standards of fashion designed by men…and then here is Islam, saying trash all that nonsense and focus on your soul, not on your looks, and do not worry what men think of your looks."
"Like I don't have to buy hijab? Isn't hijab a product?"
"Yes, it is. It is a product that sets you free from male-dominated consumerism."
"Stop lecturing me! I WILL NOT WEAR HIJAB!
It is awkward, outdated, and totally not suitable for this society ... Moreover, I am only 20 and too young to wear hijab!"
"Fine. Say that to your Lord, when you face Him on Judgment Day."
"Fine."
"Fine."
[Silence]
"Shut up and I don't want to hear more about hijab niqab schmijab Punjab!"
[Silence]
She stared at the mirror, tired of arguing with herself all this time.
Successful enough, she managed to shut the voices in her head, with her own opinions triumphant in victory on the matter, and a final modern decision accepted by the society - but rejected by the Faith:
"Yes!" - to curls on the hair - "No!" - to hijab!
"And he (/she) is indeed a failure who corrupts it [the soul]!"
[Holy Quran 91:10]
Subhana'Allah!!!
"Nay! You prefer the life of this world; While the hereafter is better and more lasting."
[Holy Quran: 87:16-17]

"You are the best community (Ummah) raised up for (the benefit of) humanity; enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong and believing in Allah."
[Holy Quran: 3:110]

:w:

Kittygyal
04-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Salam,

ta bro G-HAD and bro Wkas

W.salam

Protected_Diamond
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM

My hijab is on my head :statisfie jazahka' allah khairan for the article!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaSangarTalib
04-29-2006, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress

Nice to hear that :) May Allah grant you jannat Al Firdous..Aameen!!

------
04-29-2006, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninjaress

Thats what I was gnna say! Respect sis! :D

x Maz x
04-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Ameen...MashAllah nice posts read them before but nothing like a reminder...WalaykumAsalaam x

Hijaabi22
04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
:hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

WICKED POSTS MASHAaLLAH

Umm Yoosuf
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Masha Allah that article is an excellent one :)
Great reminder.

A(SMILE ITS ME)
05-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Salamm,
Well I Started Hijad Recently,
Why?
Well Out Of Respect For My Self.
After Living In London Mixing With The English,working With Them.
I Needed My Own Identity.
I Feel Now I Belong

Maimunah
05-01-2006, 07:21 PM
salaam
mashaallah great artical
may allah encorouge all our sister to wear it inshaallah
wasalaam

al-fateh
05-01-2006, 08:11 PM
thanks fr the info

LUVAR
05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
MashAllah Jazakullah khair

MetSudaisTwice
05-02-2006, 11:49 AM
salam
jazakallah for providing the posts
it was really beneficial
wasalam

Qurratul Ayn
05-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazkallah Khair Brother G-Had-Ta-Raaza and Brother wkas. They were excellent posts and very informative! When I don't wear the Hijaab, my head feels like it is naked almost bald!

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

P.S. I like wearing the Hijaab and I like it when other Sisters wear it too!

A(SMILE ITS ME)
05-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Slaam,
Me Actually Using This Forum Has Helped Me Towards Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.