/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about hepatosplenomegaly?

*noor
04-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about hepatosplenomegaly?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
04-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Greetings,

Sorry, I know nothing about this condition - but here's a place that does:

Hepatosplenomegaly

I hope that's of some use.

Peace

*noor
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
thank you

*noor
04-26-2006, 11:35 PM
ummmmmmmmm......does anyone elso know about this??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-26-2006, 11:36 PM
nope sis ...may ask why you need to know? also have you tried google? its the best for answers?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
strange long word! is that mean kind of medical?

*noor
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
nope sis ...may ask why you need to know? also have you tried google? its the best for answers?
my doc says i might have it and i admit that im a bit scared, but not as scared as my mom is

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:39 PM
is it disease?

extinction
04-26-2006, 11:40 PM
ohh wait im going to google it now to see what i read about it so I know whats possibly ailing you..and I hope it isnt and its just a inference ....may Allah protect you me and everyone

*noor
04-26-2006, 11:40 PM
yeah..........its supposed to be the enlargement of both the spleen and the liver, but im curious about what the causes might have been.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Try to type Cause of hepatosplenomegaly in the google..worth to try!

extinction
04-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Hepatomegaly: Common Causes

Alcohol
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Congestive heart failure
Infectious mononucleosis
Leukemia
Tumor metastases
Neuroblastoma
Hepatocellular carcinoma
Niemann-Pick disease
Hereditary fructose intolerance
Glycogen storage disease
Primary biliary cirrhosis
Sarcoidosis
Sclerosing cholangitis
Hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS)
Reye's syndrome
hope it helps

*noor
04-26-2006, 11:47 PM
thank you..........im looking specifically for causes of the condition...........if maybe anyone knows anything about it or is a doctor......my doctor looked like she was hiding something when she said it.........like i dont know...maybe something really serious........God forbid.

*noor
04-26-2006, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
Hepatomegaly: Common Causes

Alcohol
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Congestive heart failure
Infectious mononucleosis
Leukemia
Tumor metastases
Neuroblastoma
Hepatocellular carcinoma
Niemann-Pick disease
Hereditary fructose intolerance
Glycogen storage disease
Primary biliary cirrhosis
Sarcoidosis
Sclerosing cholangitis
Hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS)
Reye's syndrome
hope it helps

Jazakum Allah khair

syilla
04-27-2006, 02:45 AM
wow... thats quite serious. May Allah make you well as soon as possible.

extinction
04-27-2006, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
wow... thats quite serious. May Allah make you well as soon as possible.
ameen

Anette
04-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I have been searching on Swedish sites. And it says that a liver/spleen enlargement is often a result of a virus infection. In some cases it can be diseases that you are born with or a bacterial disease. Other things that can result in liver enlargement is alcohol some medicines and also some toxic mushrooms.

I hope you will get better soon.

HeiGou
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
thank you..........im looking specifically for causes of the condition...........if maybe anyone knows anything about it or is a doctor......my doctor looked like she was hiding something when she said it.........like i dont know...maybe something really serious........God forbid.
Hepatosplenomegaly is the simultaneous enlargement of both the liver (hepatomegaly) and the spleen (splenomegaly).

Some causes
Hurler syndrome
Sarcoidosis
Neuroblastoma
Cytomegalovirus
Schistosomiasis

So it seems to be caused by any one of a combination of genetics, tumours, viruses and parasites.

Sorry. I wish I had better news.

Mezier
04-28-2006, 01:09 AM
:sl:

Inshallah it is nothing serious. Ill make dua for you.

:w:

*noor
04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
thanx for the info and support everyone.

cleo
04-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Is this a new disease, or a new word....sounds terrible...

*noor
04-30-2006, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cleo
Is this a new disease, or a new word....sounds terrible...
well, i wouldn't really call it a disease. it's more of a condition. it is the enlargement of both the liver and the spleen.

Takumi
05-04-2006, 04:34 AM
Hepa = liver, spleno = spleen, megaly = enlargement

Hepatosplenomegaly = enlargement of the liver and spleen.

The liver is somewhat enlarged and may be "felt" during physical exam while the enlargement of the spleen (a place designed to get rid of our old red blood cells) can sometimes be felt during exam or during X-Ray.

Enlargement of the liver is usually due to a DIRECT attack to the liver and the enlargement of the spleen is almost always due to some other conditions.

Bottom, line panadol's not gonna cut it. I can't find any reason why a medical practitioner would want to conceal such condition.

extinction
05-04-2006, 05:12 AM
mashaAllah at bro's knowledge and inshaAllah sis all will be fine.....

*noor
05-05-2006, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=Takumi;292556]Hepa = liver, spleno = spleen, megaly = enlargement

Hepatosplenomegaly = enlargement of the liver and spleen.

The liver is somewhat enlarged and may be "felt" during physical exam while the enlargement of the spleen (a place designed to get rid of our old red blood cells) can sometimes be felt during exam or during X-Ray.

Enlargement of the liver is usually due to a DIRECT attack to the liver and the enlargement of the spleen is almost always due to some other conditions.

QUOTE]

Jazaka Allah khair, but ive been doing research on this and found that out. thanx for your efforts. :)

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2006, 01:22 AM
as-salaam alaykum

I seek protection for Noufislam in the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the heavens I seek protection for Noufislam in the One in whose name no sickness can hurt I seek protection for Noufislam in the One whose name is Blessed and a Cure.

wa-salaam alaykum

*noor
05-05-2006, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
as-salaam alaykum

I seek protection for Noufislam in the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the heavens I seek protection for Noufislam in the One in whose name no sickness can hurt I seek protection for Noufislam in the One whose name is Blessed and a Cure.

wa-salaam alaykum
Ameen

Jazaki Allah khair sister.

05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Pray to Allah for surely ur destiny lies in His hands.:)

Sana Ishaque
12-28-2006, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
Does anyone know anything about hepatosplenomegaly?
:sl:

Hepatosplenomegaly means ur liver and spleen is enlarged, it can be due to various causes as mentioned by another member. you need to follow the advice of ur doctor in this regard it can be due to some infections as well and the condition is quite treatable in that case.
May Allah give u health, Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!