/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Prayer for driving away Jinns?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:11 PM
as-salaam alaykum

Are There Any Prayers For Driving Away Jinn?

Answered by Shaykh Gibril F Haddad

Are there any prayers for driving away Jinn?

Wa `alaykum as-Salam,

Imam al-Nawawi in al-Adhkar mentioned that Ibn al-Sunni narrated that a man came to the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace and said that his brother suffered from a kind of jinn possession. The Prophet told him to bring him to him then recited upon him the following:

- Sura al-Fatiha

- The first four verses of al-Baqara

- two verses from the middle (163-64)

- Ayat al-Kursi

- the last three verses of al-Baqara

- The first verse of Al `Imran

- Verse 18 of Al `Imran

- Verse 54 of al-A`raf

- Verse 116 of al-Mu’minun

- Verse 3 of al-Jinn

- The first 10 verses of al-Saaffaat

- The last 3 verses of al-Hashr

- The last three Suras of the Qur’an.

As for the letter supposedly dictated by the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, to our liege-lord `Ali for the protection of Abu Dujana, known as the hirz of Abu Dujana: it is a forgery according to Ibn al-Jawzi in the Mawdu`at, al-Dhahabi in Mizan al-I`tidal, Ibn Hajar in the Isaba, and al-Suyuti in al-La’ali’ al-Masnu`a, and Allah knows best.

Hajj Gibril

wa-salaam alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hussein radi
04-26-2006, 11:23 PM
sura almulk

extinction
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
I heard if you try and stay clean then the jinn will leave you alone

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:27 PM
yep true..and also never think about jinns and Satan...always think Allah and His Messengers..and also keep away from harming things that jinns try to control you..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
keep away from harming things that jinns try to control you..
sorry sis I didn't quite get that?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:35 PM
something like kill myself or harming myself e.g. drugs or cut myself...

extinction
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
ohh I see you mean to say dont do something which will make you vunerable....

FatimaAsSideqah
04-26-2006, 11:38 PM
^Exactly...Allah don't like to see people to harming themselves..He likes them to hard life by test.

defender1
04-27-2006, 03:20 AM
The Koran’s Smokeless Fire
The Devil can be anybody who loses touch with reality, goes ego-tripping, and pouts out of smokeless fire, which is what Ibliys did when he was asked to “bow down” to Adam. Therefore, when the word fire is used when referring to Ibliys being created from fire is talking about his aura or his Kirlian form (photo).

Koran 55:15 confirms this because it says and I quote “and he created jinns from fire free of smoke” or smokeless fire. There is no such thing as a fire free of smoke... So, it is obvious that this verse was not talking about your normal everyday fire.

Koran 55:15 (Originally Chapter 97:15), four translations:
Yusufali: And He created Jinns from fire free of smoke:
Pickthal: And the jinn did He create of smokeless fire.
Shakir: And He created the jinn of a flame of fire.
Dr. Malachi Z. York-El: And he created the jinn from the flames of fire (of the first Sun cycle).

extinction
04-27-2006, 03:22 AM
ok to the person above but knowing that will help drive away jinns?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.