/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adoption in Islam?

youngsister
04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Salam Alekium:sister: what does Islam say regarding Adoption? Inshallah i would love to adopt when i am older.
I know that you have to be married to have kids, what about if you are adopting do you have to be married, as your not giving birth to the kid?
Can you change the child last name? What does it say in the quran?
Benefits?
Lol i am quite curious about the subject and many people in this site have great knowledge.:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
04-27-2006, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
Salam Alekium:sister: what does Islam say regarding Adoption? Inshallah i would love to adopt when i am older.
I know that you have to be married to have kids, what about if you are adopting do you have to be married, as your not giving birth to the kid?
Can you change the child last name? What does it say in the quran?
Benefits?
Lol i am quite curious about the subject and many people in this site have great knowledge.:)
:w:

There is a thread in the Marriage section about this subject:sister:

http://www.islamicboard.com/marriage...ption+in+Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.