/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Powers of the shaytaan.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 01:38 PM
What powers does the shaytaan have?

i kno he can flow thru our veins and tempt us but is that it :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
master_seth
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
brother if u answerme dis question i will b hounred....as i hav no idea

al-fateh
05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Iblīs (Arabic إبليس), is the primary devil in Islam.
He appears more often in the Qur'an (Islamic holy Book) as the Shaitan, a term used to refer to all of the evil spirits assisting Iblis, but which is often used to refer to just Iblis. Iblis is mentioned 11 times, and Shaitan "al-Shaitaan" ‏(الشيطان) 87 times. He is chief of the spirits of evil (Shaitan), and his personality is similar to that of the devil in Christianity.
Iblis was a Jinn, a creature made of smokeless fire by God (like humans are made of 'clay'). In an outburst rooted in envy, Iblis disobeyed Allah and was expelled from the grace of Allah. He was later sent to earth along with Adam and Eve after having lured them into eating fruit from the forbidden tree, although in this role he is always referred to as al-Shaitan. He was condemned consequently by God to Hell. He replied with saying that he wanted to bring the inhabitants of Earth down with him, and God, to test Mankind and Jinn, allowed him to roam Earth to attempt to misguide others.
He tempts humans through his whisper (waswas, "he whispered") of sinful ideas in their head and false suggestion (haiif). In the end, it is believed, he will be cast into Jahannam (Hell in Islam) along with those who give in to his temptation of sinful ideas and disobeyed God's true message to mankind (Islam), while those who successfully try to follow a righteous path will be rewarded with the pleasures of Jannah (Paradise or Heaven in Islam).
The Qur'an does not depict Shaitan as the enemy of Allah, for Allah is supreme over all his creations and Iblis is just one of his creations. Unlike the Zoroastrian beliefs, all good and bad deeds are from Allah himself and only he can save humanity from the evils of his universe and his creations. Shaitan's single enemy is humanity. He intends to discourage humans from obeying God. Thus, humankind is warned to struggle against the mischiefs of the Shaitan and temptations he puts them in. A commonly shared belief in both Islam and Christianity is that the universal existence of evil in personal lives is usually experienced because of the devil.

Kittygyal
05-04-2006, 07:03 PM
salam,
who is shaytaan?
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-04-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam,
who is shaytaan?
w.salam
Satan, I imagine.

master_seth
05-04-2006, 07:05 PM
lol shaytaan is da devil, dat poor ******* dat ruin all of our lives may allah destroy dat fool...

format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam,
who is shaytaan?
w.salam

al-fateh
05-04-2006, 07:10 PM
satan, iblis, shaytan

they are all the same

aamirsaab
05-04-2006, 07:13 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by master_seth
lol shaytaan is da devil, dat poor ******* dat ruin all of our lives may allah destroy dat fool...
Lost. For. Words.

anyway, shaytaan aka satan aka beelzebub is a crafty devil who likes to tempt us guys into evil acts. He's very good at it too.

glo
05-04-2006, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Lost. For. Words.

anyway, shaytaan aka satan aka beelzebub is a crafty devil who likes to tempt us guys into evil acts. He's very good at it too.
Yes. And he knows all our weaknesses better than we do ourselves! :uuh:

Christians believe that he will be overthrown on the day of judgement.
I expect it's the same in Islam?

Peace.

Kittygyal
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
lol shaytaan is da devil, dat poor ------- dat ruin all of our lives may allah destroy dat fool...

salam,

whats funny bro:?

and easi know tiger whats with the lingo this is an isalmic forum so don't swear:heated:
and ta for the explanation :)

w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-04-2006, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Yes. And he knows all our weaknesses better than we do ourselves! :uuh:

I expect it's the same in Islam?

Peace.
if by that you mean more of the human population will enter hell then heaven then maybe your right. But if by that you mean the devil will triumph then certainly not! The devil, that fool, will enter hell for eternity. Knowing his awaiting torture i jus cant figure out why he doesnt just BOW as Allah ordered him to. Its quite confusing :heated:

glo
05-05-2006, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
if by that you mean more of the human population will enter hell then heaven then maybe your right. But if by that you mean the devil will triumph then certainly not! The devil, that fool, will enter hell for eternity. Knowing his awaiting torture i jus cant figure out why he doesnt just BOW as Allah ordered him to. Its quite confusing :heated:
Are you really referring to my post? :uhwhat

I made neither an assumption on how many of the human population will go to hell, nor did I state that the devil will triumph.:?

What I did say in my previous post was that "he [Satan] will be overthrown on the day of judgement".

Peace.

syilla
05-05-2006, 06:23 AM
i dunno so much about his powers...

but i do now that he change his physical appearance to anything that he wish to be...

but i'm not sure about one thing...

is it true...shaytan can have children just by shaking his legs...(hehe.. pls clarify)

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Ibliss can lead us astray unless we have strong Imaan (faith) and constantly ask for protection against him. For each and every action, think twice. Is ur action good? The greatest jihad, according to hadith is to fight against ur own whims and desires of the nafs(soul).And Shaytaan can only act if we listen to him. So at every moment indeed , let us ponder over what we are actually going to do. Inshaallah, we may than decide to choose the right path.
Deliberation is from Allah and Haste is from shaytaan -Hadith

extinction
05-05-2006, 06:53 AM
f by that you mean more of the human population will enter hell then heaven then maybe your right. But if by that you mean the devil will triumph then certainly not!
Bro Abd Majid I think you read her post wrong or misunderstood it .......she said no such thing nor implying that....as a matter of fact she said
I expect it's the same in Islam
Which is very accurate in the least..also
The devil, that fool, will enter hell for eternity
he surely will!!

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 06:56 AM
La hawla wa la quwwata illah billah.
For safety from evil thoughts inspired by Shaytaan. Sorry, I don't hav Arabic keyboard.Rabbi a3oudhou bika min hamazaatish shayaateen.wa a 3oudhoubikarabbi an yadhuroon.
My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the Promptings of the shaytaans and I seek protection from that they should come near me.Aameen

extinction
05-05-2006, 07:02 AM
here is a link for an arabic keyboard and maybe you can write these beneficial duas out....http://www.studiolina.com/misc/arabickeyboard.html also I heard the shaytaan whispers thoughts to you

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
here is a link for an arabic keyboard and maybe you can write these beneficial duas out....http://www.studiolina.com/misc/arabickeyboard.html also I heard the shaytaan whispers thoughts to you
JazaakAllahu khairan.I'll try it soon, inshaaAllah

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
رب اعوذ بك من همزات الشىاطىن .و اعوذ بك رب
ان ىحضرون
Hope u can understand this without the vowels(kasra,fatha and damma or zeir,zabar,peisch)
InshAllah, it may help

extinction
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
it is also a quraan ayat surah muminoon not sure of the ayaat number its near the hundredth ayaat though

syilla
05-05-2006, 07:35 AM
can anyone answer my question....

*peace

extinction
05-05-2006, 07:37 AM
can anyone answer my question....
no to your question I have never heard of such .......allah knows best

syilla
05-05-2006, 07:41 AM
then... can anyone tell me the characteristics of shaytan...

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 07:42 AM
na3am, near 100, i just verified it,96 and 97.
Shukrann

syilla
05-05-2006, 07:48 AM
iblis and shaytan is not the same...

hmm...

what are the characteristics of shaytan..

------
05-05-2006, 08:01 AM
iblis and shaytan is not the same...
What do u mean?

syilla
05-05-2006, 08:22 AM
"He is chief of the spirits of evil (Shaitan), and his personality is similar to that of the devil in Christianity."

sorry... i guess i've translated it differently...

i thought he is the chief of shaitan...

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nafiisah
na3am, near 100, i just verified it,96 and 97.
Shukrann
so what are they?

Sister_6038
05-05-2006, 09:57 AM
*walks in thinks hmm ok...shataan..interesting*

glo
05-05-2006, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

is it true...shaytan can have children just by shaking his legs...(hehe.. pls clarify)
I notice nobody has answered that question yet. I am very curious to hear any responses myself. :)

Although, as a Christian, I believe Satan to be a real being, I don't believe him to be a physical being. So I cannot imagine him having any children at all!

What do others believe?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I notice nobody has answered that question yet. I am very curious to hear any responses myself. :)

Although, as a Christian, I believe Satan to be a real being, I don't believe him to be a physical being. So I cannot imagine him having any children at all!

What do others believe?
i believe he complained that we are allowed offsprings while he is not so he had a family aswell. its jus sumthin i heard, let me chek it 4 u :)

glo
05-05-2006, 11:02 AM
i believe he complained that we are allowed offsprings while he is not so he had a family aswell. its jus sumthin i heard, let me chek it 4 u :)
How odd!! :?

Yes, please let me know what you find out. :)

Peace.

mizan_aliashraf
05-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Salam
Verily the satan is your enemy, so take him as your enemy
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 11:04 AM
salam
shaytaan's aim in this life to to misguide the muslim, and shaytaan is in every human, just like how blood flows, its the matter of how strong your imaan is
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Salam
Strong words, and very good words.
The Shaytan will attack us, from the front the back the right and the left. he he will come and whisper to us. The ones with weak faith will follow his commands, while the ones with a stronger faith will turn to Allah and seek refuge.
May Allah make it easy for us to evade the commads of Shaytan
Wassalam

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:10 AM
once prophet yahya (john) (p) asked the devil how he fared with the sons of adam and he replied that there are three types of humans:1 -the prophets who are protected by God so he (shaytan) can't get to them,
2-there are those that the devils can play with like children play with balls-they are very easy to temp
3-but the last type of people are those who the devil keeps tempting and tempting until they commit sin but then they ask forgiveness from Allah and the devil's work goes to waste! shaytan said that these type of people are the most difficult for him.

mizan_aliashraf
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Salam
A very good point, and a good reminder
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
once prophet yahya (john) (p) asked the devil how he fared with the sons of adam and he replied that there are three types of humans:1 -the prophets who are protected by God so he (shaytan) can't get to them,
2-there are those that the devils can play with like children play with balls-they are very easy to temp
3-but the last type of people are those who the devil keeps tempting and tempting until they commit sin but then they ask forgiveness from Allah and the devil's work goes to waste! shaytan said that these type of people are the most difficult for him.
may Allah gives us the strength to be of that third group! AMEEN!!

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 11:12 AM
salam
ameen
wasalam

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:14 AM
How odd!! :?

Yes, please let me know what you find out. :)

Peace.
if the devil doesn't have any offspring then how does he work his mission till the day of judgement? so obviously he has children to do his dirty work while he sits on his throne- there's an ayah of the quran that proves this too...-i'm trying to remember which..?
it was something where Allah refers to shaytan (satan) as ''him and his OFFSPRING''

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
SAHIH BUKHARI:
Book 039, Number 6754:
Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) as saying: The throne of Iblis is upon the ocean and he sends detachments (to different parts) inorder to put people to trial and the most important figure in his eyes is one who is most notorious in sowing the seed of dissension.

Just to clarify that the devil duz rest on his throne above the ocean :)

glo
05-05-2006, 11:21 AM
if the devil doesn't have any offspring then how does he work his mission till the day of judgement? so obviously he has children to do his dirty work while he sits on his throne- there's an ayah of the quran that proves this too...-i'm trying to remember which..?
it was something where Allah refers to shaytan (satan) as ''him and his OFFSPRING''
Yes, he has other fallen angels and spirits as his followers.
I don't believe he has physical offspring though ...

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 494:
Narrated Ibn Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the (upper) edge of the sun appears (in the morning), don't perform a prayer till the sun appears in full, and when the lower edge of the sun sets, don't perform a prayer till it sets completely. And you should not seek to pray at sunrise or sunset for the sun rises between two sides of the head of the devil (or Satan)."

Be careful, lets not allow the shaytaan to have power ova us.

Audhubillah himinash shaytaanir rajeem!!!

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:24 AM
but if he is to appoint a devil for every human being(to lead em astray) then he has to have offspring cos' as mankind is increasing he needs a way of increasing his 'soldiers' too

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 494:
Narrated Ibn Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the (upper) edge of the sun appears (in the morning), don't perform a prayer till the sun appears in full, and when the lower edge of the sun sets, don't perform a prayer till it sets completely. And you should not seek to pray at sunrise or sunset for the sun rises between two sides of the head of the devil (or Satan)."

Be careful, lets not allow the shaytaan to have power ova us.

Audhubillah himinash shaytaanir rajeem!!!
also when the prophet (saw) went to see ibn sayyad (whom he suspected of being dajjal) and asked him what he saw-ibn sayyad said he saw a throne above water(he used to have jinn 'revelations')

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
also when the prophet (saw) went to see ibn sayyad (whom he suspected of being dajjal) and asked him what he saw-ibn sayyad said he saw a throne above water(he used to have jinn 'revelations')
ye i read that aswell, i think that wud b daud or tirmizi right? not sure

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM
SAHIH BUKHARI:

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 582:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the Adhan is pronounced Satan takes to his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight in order not to hear the Adhan. When the Adhan is completed he comes back and again takes to his heels when the Iqama is pronounced and after its completion he returns again till he whispers into the heart of the person (to divert his attention from his prayer) and makes him remember things which he does not recall to his mind before the prayer and that causes him to forget how much he has prayed."

So tahts why weird things keep popping into my head while i pray :anger:!! Things which normally wudnt even come to me!!

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 11:30 AM
salam
jazakllah some great posts here mashallah
wasalam

Ayesha Rana
Fallen angels? Angels don't have free will. The devil is a Jin who was brought up to the status of the angels cos he worshipped like them. Then he kind of let his pride destine him to hell.

IceQueen~
ye i read that aswell, i think that wud b daud or tirmizi right? not sure
i heard it on a lecture on the akhira by imam anwar al-awlaqi

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:33 AM
SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 4, Book 53, Number 333:
Narrated Safiya:

(the wife of the Prophet) That she came to visit Allah's Apostle while he was in Itikaf(i.e. seclusion in the Mosque during the last ten days of Ramadan. When she got up to return, Allah's Apostle got up with her and accompanied her, and when he reached near the gate of the Mosque close to the door (of the house) of Um Salama, the wife of the Prophet, two Ansari men passed by them and greeted Allah's Apostle and then went away. Allah's Apostle addressed them saying, "Don't hurry! (She is my wife)," They said, "Glorified be Allah! O Allah's Apostle (You are far away from any suspicion)," and his saying was hard on them. Allah's Apostle said, "Satan circulates in the mind of a person as blood does (in his body). I was afraid that Satan might put some (evil) thoughts in your minds."

Nice proof that satan runs thru our blood :uuh:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Fallen angels? Angels don't have free will. The devil is a Jin who was brought up to the status of the angels cos he worshipped like them. Then he kind of let his pride destine him to hell.
angels are completely obediant to Allah, i dont think they can disobey even if they wanted to. I mean izrail AS will be sacrificed by Allahs will, thats how obediant they are!!

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
salam
jazakallah for all this my bro majd, this is top stuff
wasalam

glo
05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Interesting.
Christianity clearly teaches that Satan was an angel who turned against God ( and yes, it was his choice to do so)

Clearly our faiths teach us different things, and we will have to agree to disagree on this.

No disagreeing with you last sentence though. :)

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:00 PM
SAHIH MUSLIM
Book 041, Number 6992:
Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) met him (Ibn Sayyad) and so did Abu Bakr and 'Umar on some of the roads of Medina. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do you bear testimony to the fact that I am the Messenger of Allah? Thereupon he said: Do you bear testimony to the fact that I am the messenger of Allah? Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I affirm my faith in Allah and in His Angels and in His Books, and what do you see? He said: I see the throne over water. Whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: You see the throne of Iblis upon the water, and what else do you see? He said: I see two truthfuls and a liar or two liars and one truthful. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Leave him He has been confounded.

Further proof, but i wonder where this throne is :?

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 12:01 PM
salam
allahu alam bro, it is something the human mind cannot comprehend i guess
wasalam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:02 PM
EXTREMELY INTERESTING ONE!!!

Sahih Muslim

Book 039, Number 6755:
Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.

Dont let iblis be pleased wiv those who try to tempt you!!! AUDHUBILLAH!!!!!!

Qurratul Ayn
05-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Shaytaan is in every part of out lives. He wants to take many people with him to Jahannam - Hell - so they can burn and roast and be punished with him.

That is why every Muslim should try their utmost best to stay upon the right path that Allah T'ala has bestowed upon us and to fight the Shaytaan and the evil that seeps into us.

The Shaytaan comes in to play when there is something negative about to happen and he might encourage one to participate in that e.g free-mixing with males, free-mixing with females who are not related to us and are not Muslim this also may go for Muslims as well, shouting and arguing with parents, acting violent etc.

I hope that Allah T'ala shall guide all Muslims on the right path and help us all to to stay away from the Shaytaan.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
^ Ameen! :)

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
salam
ameen sis
wasalam

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 12:12 PM
SAHIH MUSLIM
Book 041, Number 6992:
Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) met him (Ibn Sayyad) and so did Abu Bakr and 'Umar on some of the roads of Medina. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do you bear testimony to the fact that I am the Messenger of Allah? Thereupon he said: Do you bear testimony to the fact that I am the messenger of Allah? Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I affirm my faith in Allah and in His Angels and in His Books, and what do you see? He said: I see the throne over water. Whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: You see the throne of Iblis upon the water, and what else do you see? He said: I see two truthfuls and a liar or two liars and one truthful. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Leave him He has been confounded.

Further proof, but i wonder where this throne is :?
some people(some scholars) think its in the bermuda triangle

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:13 PM
some people(some scholars) think its in the bermuda triangle
really? subhanAllah i will have to chek what would make the scholars think this. Thanks for the info :)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 12:15 PM
really? subhanAllah i will have to chek what would make the scholars think this. Thanks for the info :)
i think its because everything that goes in there or above there (planes) disappears, and no-one can explain why(not even science)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:19 PM

The Bermuda Triangle lies vaguely east of Florida. Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Miami are said to be the "points" of this legendary triangle. However, the U.S. government denies the existence of these borders. Many "phenomena" enthusiasts claim that the triangle is not truly a triangle but a general area of water found east and southeast of North America. In any event, the geography of the area is awe-inspiring and deeply misunderstood.

the US government deny everythin, we didnt do 9/11, we didnt cause soo many iraqi's to die, its not our fault palestinians are suffering. Annoying people :anger:!!!

Umm Yoosuf
05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Threads merged....:)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:33 PM

The Bermuda Triangle lies vaguely east of Florida. Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and Miami are said to be the "points" of this legendary triangle. However, the U.S. government denies the existence of these borders. Many "phenomena" enthusiasts claim that the triangle is not truly a triangle but a general area of water found east and southeast of North America. In any event, the geography of the area is awe-inspiring and deeply misunderstood.

the US government deny everythin, we didnt do 9/11, we didnt cause soo many iraqi's to die, its not our fault palestinians are suffering. Annoying people :anger:!!!
so you believe they did 9/11 themselves too?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:43 PM
so you believe they did 9/11 themselves too?
i rekon zionists cudda pulled a few strings. U cant deny that its possible :eek:

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:47 PM
i rekon zionists cudda pulled a few strings. U cant deny that its possible :eek:
i was asking cos i TOTALLLY believe it WAS them!
did u know a couple saw some men filming the FIRST plane attack(they had prior knowledge) and were wooping and cheering. the couple reported them thinking they were arab terrorists but when the police came they(police) found that they were actually israelis in US without legal permits. but this story was supressed and the government quietlt allowed them back to isreal!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
i was asking cos i TOTALLLY believe it WAS them!
did u know a couple saw some men filming the FIRST plane attack(they had prior knowledge) and were wooping and cheering. the couple reported them thinking they were arab terrorists but when the police came they(police) found that they were actually israelis in US without legal permits. but this story was supressed and the government quietlt allowed them back to isreal!
ye zionists dun quite a lotta crap, i find it hard to believe the keep so much hidden. i asked sooo many poeple bout the illuminati hardly any kno of them!!

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:55 PM
ye zionists dun quite a lotta crap, i find it hard to believe the keep so much hidden. i asked sooo many poeple bout the illuminati hardly any kno of them!!
that is SOO TRUE! what's more, when o told people 'bout em they started complaining about me going to strong for them- i mean come one! grow up and open ur eyes!

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:55 PM
^ I TOTALLY Beleive it was them too, I mean I watched all sorts of documentaries on it and everything and its' SO CLEAR that it's them who did it. I mean even look at the way the buildings came down, that was definitely a planned demolition.

So anyway back to topic, I was reading in Bidayaah wan Nihaayah (anyone knows this book? by Al-Haafidh Ibn Katheer ) and this book is AWESOME, there's about 14 volumes of it. So anyway, I was reading quite a while back.......and he mentioned an Israaeli Hadeeth. It said that Isa peace be upon him was walking when he came upon Shaytaan......I can't remember exactly all what was said between them, but in the end Isa says to Shaytaan, that If you bow now to Allah you will be forgiven. But Shaytaan was too haughty and refused

But like I mentioned, this Hadeeth is an Israaeli Hadeet so we cannot completely beleive in it, nor can we deny it :)

And wheres the hadeeth in which everytime a slave makes the sujood (or something like that not sure :? ) The Shaytaan breaks down and cries ?

Umm Yoosuf
05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Please stick to the topic of the thread :)

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh and yes, someone here asked if the Shaytaan (by the way the Shaytaan has a Kunyah did you guys know?;D it's Abu something, I forget it now :p ) has children. Well there's nothing that came that HE himself has children, but we do know that Jinns have children..............and there are good Jinns and Bad jinns...........so the Bad Jinns would be the followers of Shaytaan right.

Oh, and Shaytaan is like a general name for all bad jinns isn't it? And the big boss (lol) is called Iblees

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
^ I TOTALLY Beleive it was them too, I mean I watched all sorts of documentaries on it and everything and its' SO CLEAR that it's them who did it. I mean even look at the way the buildings came down, that was definitely a planned demolition.

So anyway back to topic, I was reading in Bidayaah wan Nihaayah (anyone knows this book? by Al-Haafidh Ibn Katheer ) and this book is AWESOME, there's about 14 volumes of it. So anyway, I was reading quite a while back.......and he mentioned an Israaeli Hadeeth. It said that Isa peace be upon him was walking when he came upon Shaytaan......I can't remember exactly all what was said between them, but in the end Isa says to Shaytaan, that If you bow now to Allah you will be forgiven. But Shaytaan was too haughty and refused

But like I mentioned, this Hadeeth is an Israaeli Hadeet so we cannot completely beleive in it, nor can we deny it :)

And wheres the hadeeth in which everytime a slave makes the sujood (or something like that not sure :? ) The Shaytaan breaks down and cries ?
i remember a hadeeth too-shaytan came to prophet musa and asked him to ask allah's forgiveness for him(shaytan). Allah told musa(p) to tell shaytan to bow down to Adam(p)s grave but shaytan refused saying that he did not bow to adam when he was alive -why should he now that he is dead?

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh and there's something else I forgot!! When the Shaytaan possess people, it gets them to do his Evil that way too right??

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh and yes, someone here asked if the Shaytaan (by the way the Shaytaan has a Kunyah did you guys know?;D it's Abu something, I forget it now :p ) has children. Well there's nothing that came that HE himself has children, but we do know that Jinns have children..............and there are good Jinns and Bad jinns...........so the Bad Jinns would be the followers of Shaytaan right.

Oh, and Shaytaan is like a general name for all bad jinns isn't it? And the big boss (lol) is called Iblees
shaytan means the 'rejected thing' or the 'far' thing (far from allah's mercy) and it si used for bad jin as well as bad humans.
iblis DOES have children (its in quran somewhere-i can't remember where...)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 02:03 PM

ye
i heard this too!!! The shaytaan apaprently said that he duznt wanna burn in helL! So he asked ISA AS to seek mercy for him to the most merciful. Allah apparently said he will forgive iblis if he bows to humans... which he sed, i didnt bow bak then and now you expect me to bow even tho i hav tempted so many into wrong?

too much pride!! shaytaan is disgusting!

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Please stick to the topic of the thread :)

Hey but this topic is about the powers of Shaytaan. If Shaytaan isn't the culprit behind these evil actions then who is?

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 02:10 PM
ye
i heard this too!!! The shaytaan apaprently said that he duznt wanna burn in helL! So he asked ISA AS to seek mercy for him to the most merciful. Allah apparently said he will forgive iblis if he bows to humans... which he sed, i didnt bow bak then and now you expect me to bow even tho i hav tempted so many into wrong?

Yes his pride is just appalling Astaghfirullah :heated: Thats why we must always remind ourselves to never feel suprerior to someone else.............Otherwise we'll be just like the Shaytaan Astaghfirullah :offended:

Umm Yoosuf
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

You i don't understand why theres a whole thread of shaydan (i am not saying its not benefical...some of it are Masha Allah :)) it's good to be aware of his work and that but why not concentrate on how you should defeat him! And that would be following Quran and Sunnah :)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
ye

well if he's that disgusting, then make sure you don't ever follow him!:happy:

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum

You i don't understand why theres a whole thread of shaydan (i am not saying its not benefical...some of it are Masha Allah :)) it's good to be aware of his work and that but why not concentrate on how you should defeat him! And that would be following Quran and Sunnah :)
thta's so true-jazakallah khair for the advice:)

------
05-05-2006, 02:25 PM
iblis DOES have children (its in quran somewhere-i can't remember where...)
Does he :eek:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
read the hadith i posted about shaytaans doin his work, i think there his offsprings. Correct me if im wrong :)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:29 PM
read the hadith i posted about shaytaans doin his work, i think there his offsprings. Correct me if im wrong :)
there is an ayah in the quran (can't remember which) that refers to iblees as ''him and his offspring''

------
05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Can u giv reference again plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jazakallah in advance :)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Can u giv reference again plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jazakallah in advance :)
i just told u i cant remember but i'll go home and look insha llah!

------
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I meant Abd'Majid bro :)

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

Thats right. Obey Allah and his messenger and you can't go wrong. Avoid doing what Shaytaan does such as lying and we definitely need to get rid of our pride. It was the downfall of the prophets dear uncle.

------
05-05-2006, 02:36 PM

Thats right. Obey Allah and his messenger and you can't go wrong. Avoid doing what Shaytaan does such as lying and we definitely need to get rid of our pride. It was the downfall of the prophets dear uncle.
I agree!! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 03:24 PM
EXTREMELY INTERESTING ONE!!!

Sahih Muslim

Book 039, Number 6755:
Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.

Dont let iblis be pleased wiv those who try to tempt you!!! AUDHUBILLAH!!!!!!
Aali chek this out! Who are these detachments? surely they are offsprings... but Allahu allam :)

javeriya
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by syilla

I notice nobody has answered that question yet. I am very curious to hear any responses myself.
everyone should know know the answer to this!!!
its not true wonder who told you this its just stupid.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-07-2006, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by javeriya
everyone should know know the answer to this!!!
its not true wonder who told you this its just stupid.
plz refrain from calling any question stupid. Seeking knowledge is always commended!!!!

IceQueen~
05-08-2006, 08:55 AM
yes-i found the reference alhamdu lillah-its in surah al kahf (surah 18) ayah 50 of the quran:)

------
05-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.

Aali chek this out! Who are these detachments? surely they are offsprings... but Allahu allam :)
[S]Yeh Akhee it looks like they are his offsprings! But Allahu Alim! :hiding: [/S]

------
05-08-2006, 08:59 AM
yes-i found the reference alhamdu lillah-its in surah al kahf (surah 18) ayah 50 of the quran:)
Respect sis! I'll find that when I go home Inshallah! :)

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2006, 11:54 AM

Y'now i sometimes wonder if Shaytaans offspring are automatically devils or if they get bullied if they wanna follow the truth. Jinns can't hurt humans but can they harm one another? They are the same species/being after all.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 11:55 AM
^ interesting question, shaytaan is iblis one and only isnt it? offsprings are jinn arent they who follow shaytaan?

im confused :?

javeriya
05-08-2006, 11:56 AM
plz refrain from calling any question stupid. Seeking knowledge is always commended!!!!
dont get me wrong bro i didnt mean to offend you. it just got me wondering who told u this,and where did the person get this from.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 11:57 AM
^ im not the questionner so i dont know :)

------
05-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Join the club :rollseyes

05-08-2006, 02:35 PM
^ interesting question, shaytaan is iblis one and only isnt it? offsprings are jinn arent they who follow shaytaan?

No - every1 has a personal devil to tempt them to do wrong. Iblis is just one of them who is a bit extra cracked so he tried to challenge Allah (swt) (coz of his pride). This challenge is what makes him different, i mean stupider:giggling: - no matter what he does now he can never go to heaven.

As for the rest of the shaitan, they are just misled jinns.

salaam:)

IceQueen~
05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
iblis is the name of the jinn who we can say is the founder of the devil society,(the one who refused to bow to adam and thus disobeyed God's orders and incurred divine rath upon himself and all those who follow him)
and so he's the head devil (shaytan-(arabic for devil))
all his li'l minions or whatever and the rest of the jinn who follow him including his offspring are called shayaateen (pl. for shaytan)
and each person has a devil 'companion' appointed to him to make sure he stays off track.

'shaytan' just basically means the far thing-far away from Allah's mercy.(tafsir ibn kathir)

IceQueen~
05-08-2006, 02:44 PM
and each person has a devil 'companion' appointed to him to make sure he stays off track.
by person i mean human beings.

piXie
05-08-2006, 02:52 PM
What powers does the shaytaan have?

i kno he can flow thru our veins and tempt us but is that it :?
r u refering to th Qareen:? the qareen is th jinn appointed to us all. he is appointed to us from th day we are born. or do u mean all shataan including th shataan among jinns. cus as far as some jinns r concerned they can possess u real bad. they can also change forms an scare u real bad.:scared: um am i confusin u by any chance.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
so basically shaytaan is a title given to the most evil jinn right? and the ones who work under iblis are like little minor shaytaans who are still jinns?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'ishah
r u refering to th Qareen:? the qareen is th jinn appointed to us all. he is appointed to us from th day we are born. or do u mean all shataan including th shataan among jinns. cus as far as some jinns r concerned they can possess u real bad. they can also change forms an scare u real bad.:scared: um am i confusin u by any chance.
lol naa its quite clear, all shaytaans are just jinns workin 4 iblis lol... i think... dont wry i see where ur goin wiv the whole scary business ;)

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
:) salaam, iblis has bare powers but dey all from Allah (swt), we sud treat iblis lik our biggest enemy!! hes lik a thin lol, i cnt xplain, he can only harm us if we let him harm us, if we do salah, follow d sunnah & Quran, listen 2 Allah (swt) den shaytaan cnt do jack 2 us!!! :) wen i imagine shaytaan, i imagine him 2 b dis lil thin lik u no dem lil garden statue thins lik dem lol & he jus crawlin round lol causin troba:p l!!

neway i fort id post sum info bout iblis & his troubles lol

Hazrat Nuh (alayhi salam) and shaytan

When Nuh (alayhi salam), was on his boat, he saw a old man on the boat who he didnt recognise, so he went to the old man and asked him "how have you come on board?", the old man replied " i have come to afflict the hearts of ur companions, so there bodies r wit u and hearts wit me". Upon hearing this, Nuh (alayhi salam) realised this was iblis, so he said "get away o enemy of ALLAH (swt)" then iblis said "there are 5 things which destroy people, i will tell u, 3 of em and the other 2 i will keep with in me". then Nuh (alayhi salam), recieved a revelation from ALLAH (swt), saying to him "tell him to tell you bout the 2", so he Nuh (alayhi salam) did. then iblis replied " People r destroyed by envy and greed, Adam was allowed the whole of the garden, but because of greed, i got what i wanted and he was expelled from the garden"

Hazrat Musa (alayhi salam) and shaytan

iblis came to Musa (alayhi salam) and said " i know i have wronged, i am ALLAHs (swt) creature just like you and i want to repent to ALLAH (swt), so can you ask him to forgive me", then Musa (alayhi salam), spoke to ALLAH (swt) and asked if he would forgive iblis. Then ALLAH (swt) told Musa (alayhi salam), to say to iblis "ALLAH (swt) will forgive you, only if you prostrate to the grave of Adam (alayhi salam)." Then iblis showed his arrogance and replied " i didnt prostrate to him when he was alive, and you expect me to prostrate when he is dead" Then Hazrat Musa (alayhi salam) chased him away lol!! mashallah

Hazrat Isa (Alayhi salam) and shaytan

Isa (alayhi salam), was praying at the top of a mountain and iblis came to him and said "do you belive in ALLAH (swt)" to this Isa (alayhi salam) replied "Yes of course i do" then iblis said to him "jump of this mountain then, and see if your ALLAH (swt) saves u" then Isa (alayhi salam), replied to iblis "ALLAH (swt), puts his slave to the test and tries him, its not proper for a slave to test his lord"!!! Mashallah!!!

Also we know of many other incidents of iblis, for example when he made hazrat Ali (radi allah anhu), miss his fajr prayer, because Hazrat Ali (radi allah anhu) missed his prayer, he cried so much and seeked forgiveness from ALLAH (swt), for this ALLAH (swt) rewarded Hazrat Ali (ra) with 40 days worth of prayers, then the next morning when it was fajr time, iblis himself came to Hazrat Ali (ra), and said "go and pray, yesterday i made you sleep and you got so much reward, and i dont want that to happen again so go and pray" c shaytaan is our number 1 enemy and we should all seek ALLAH (swt) refuge from him!!!

Another story, but this one is funny lol, back in the days, a man called upon iblis and said to him " i respect you so much, because you have challenged ALLAH swt, and you have caused so much misery everywhere, and i want to be just like you how can i do that", to this iblis was surprised, because usually people look for him so they can beat him and this man is praising him lol, so he said i will tell you 3 things which if you do, you can be just lik me and spread so much trouble just like me, then he said "never offer your prayers and mislead others from their prayers, keep promises and break them, and let people tell you secrets and go and tell everyone there secrets, if you do these 3 things you can cause so much trouble" then the man he said "thank you for telling me, now i will NEVER DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, because i want to go heaven and i just asked you so i could know what you do to mislead people" to this iblis was amazed and he said "usually i outsmart people, now people have began to outsmart me" lol!! may ALLAH swt always give us the strength, knowlegde and power to outsmart the shaytan!! AMEEN

:)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 06:30 PM
^ RESPECT!! lol jazakAllah khair akhee, appreciate it a lot but sourcing wud b nice ;)

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2006, 08:46 PM
salaam

:) its says ibn Abi d Dunya transmits it,

n its from me book "Jinns - in the Quran & Sunnah":)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
then iblis said "there are 5 things which destroy people,)
Bro by any chance do you know all five? wud b interesting to hear :)

------
05-09-2006, 09:14 AM
^^^^ Yeh i dont know them either...

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 09:15 AM
^ but shaytaan is known to lie so lol, mayb its best not to hear :p but still its interestin so post it anyway inshaALlah :)

------
05-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Yup Yup.

Ayesha Rana
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah. Knowledge of the enemy is an advantage. If we know what the devil finds most destructive in us we'll have a better chance Insha'Allah.

IceQueen~
05-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah. Knowledge of the enemy is an advantage. If we know what the devil finds most destructive in us we'll have a better chance Insha'Allah.
if we just follow the quran and sunnah then we are already perfectly safe from his tricks and deception insha allah!

Ayesha Rana
05-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Ok Alima.

------
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Huh.......:?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 09:21 AM

^ lOl, i think u meant to say "ok ayesha rana" lol

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 09:22 AM
correction: th shaatan duznt always lie. hes also told th truth:)

Yes support the shaytaan why dont u :heated:

------
05-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Yes support the shaytaan why dont u
:giggling:

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Looks like shaytan took over this brother for a split second .. :?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 09:32 AM

we all support th shataan without knowing it. think bout this an ull find im right

Naa we follow him unintentionally no1s supportin that evil cannivin little :rant:

------
05-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Naa we follow him unintentionally no1s supportin that evil cannivin little :rant:
LOL U got a degree in making people laugh or something :?

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Satan will give a khutba in Hell in which he will remind us that He didnt make us commit evil deeds.

He simply presents us with opportunities.

He doesnt hold our hands and leads us to do haram.

We make the choice to do haram.

I know alot of you already know that,this is simply a reminder for those who do haram and then say "satan took over me.." .. "satan made me do it.."

Stop blaming him for your sins,he tempts you,if you give in,its your fault for being weak.

wa'salaam.

Maimunah
05-18-2006, 10:09 AM

lolz thats true:) "Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the chief Deceiver(satan) deceive you about Allah" chapter 31, verse 33:)
wasalaam

------
05-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Source.....:?

------
05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
O my god dnt b snideeeeeeeeee!

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 10:31 AM

Wouldn't be cool if the believers could get their pay back on shytan like slap himn or something on the day of judgment. Or would this come under oppression since they're will be no oppression on the day of judgment.

05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
no man.....he duz it by accident:p
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :giggling: ;D :giggling: U make me crack up sis!!!

------
05-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Wouldn't be cool if the believers could get their pay back on shytan like slap himn or something on the day of judgment. Or would this come under oppression since they're will be no oppression on the day of judgment.
That would be heviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! I wish we could do that!!

U make me crack up sis!!!
**Ahem-ahem** :eek:

05-18-2006, 10:35 AM
[B]

**Ahem-ahem** :eek:
What do u mean by that?:?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah
lolz thats true:) "Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the chief Deceiver(satan) deceive you about Allah" chapter 31, verse 33:)
wasalaam

LOL and thats exactly wat he is, A C-H-I-E-F!
SubhanAllah that khabayis!!

------
05-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Never mind.....:rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
let her clear her throat in piece!! lol

------
Lol! :giggling:

05-18-2006, 10:39 AM
let her clear her throat in piece!! lol
Sorry! No need to be so offended. Plus lets get back on topic.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:05 PM

Is there anyway to tell if the shaytaan has taken someones shape?

------
05-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Is there anyway to tell if the shaytaan has taken someones shape?
Doesn't that happen sometimes in dreams?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Doesn't that happen sometimes in dreams?

^ naa he woke up one of the sahabi once and asked him to pray fajr out of fear that if the sahabi misses his salaat he will wake up and cry soo much that he will get 200 rakat nawafil reward! so im wonderin can the shaytaan come to anyone? ( im lookin for hadith to verify this)

And also chek this:
SAHIH BUKHARI
Book 002, Number 0462:
Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said. When any one of you awakes up from sleep and performs ablution, he must clean his nose three times, for the devil spends the night in the interior of his nose.
^ lol thats just nastY!!

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Me no like Satan...he keeps infulencing me to do norty stuff...Dam him!!!!...Allah's curse is on him till the Day of Judgment and then he shal burn in hell with all his followers...Allah save all the rightous Muslims from the punishment of the Fire Ameen Peace out x

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:11 PM
^ Ameen!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:13 PM

SAHIH MUSLIM

Book 004, Number 1005:
'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to begin prayer with takbir (saying Allih-o-Akbar) and the recitation:" Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Universe." When he bowed he neither kept his head up nor bent it down, but kept it between these extremes; when he raised his bead after bow- ing he did not prostrate himself till he had stood erect; when he raised his head after prostration he did not prostrate himself again till he satup. At the end of every two rak'ahs he recited the tahiyya; and he used to place his left foot flat (on the ground) and raise up the right; he prohibited the devil's way of sitting on the heels, and he forbade people to spread out their arms like a wild beast. And he used to finish the prayer with the taslim.

^subhanAllah, so thats why we sit like that!!

------
05-18-2006, 01:14 PM
SAHIH BUKHARI
Book 002, Number 0462:
Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said. When any one of you awakes up from sleep and performs ablution, he must clean his nose three times, for the devil spends the night in the interior of his nose.
Erm.............EWWWWWWWWWWww?!?!?!?!?

P.S. Sis A'ishah saying - is that why my nose is always blocked?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:15 PM
^ lol could be or mayb shes been sniffing something :eek:

------
05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

IceQueen~
05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Erm.............EWWWWWWWWWWww?!?!?!?!?

P.S. Sis A'ishah saying - is that why my nose is always blocked?
did you know he also pees in ur ears?

------
05-18-2006, 01:17 PM
he prohibited the devil's way of sitting on the heels, and he forbade people to spread out their arms like a wild beast.
Subhanallah!!!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Book 004, Number 1032:
Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.

Who still wants a pet dog :D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
did you know he also pees in ur ears?

I think i covered that hadith a little bit earlier.

------
05-18-2006, 01:20 PM
The black dog is a devil.
Yeh man no wonder they run away when I'm walking down the street blasting my nasheeds out of my mobile!!!

muslimah_here
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Hmm i know one thing that its better not go to much into how satan/sahitan can have a power over us caz this cant improve our imaan in any way infact it can confuse us and may decrese our imaan.

YES by knowing what tactics shaitan uses to distract us from doing good deeds can be helpful in trying to overcome those evil thoughts in our minds.

fOR Inshatnce Shaitan/satan can make us believe that its ok to carry on doing smaller sins as ALLAh is of forgiving and most merciful and those small sins can soon pile up and take us closer to hell. Or he wil wisper that its ok to carry on sinning in your youth and u can repent when you are old, however no one know how long they will live, which is scary.:eek:

MAY ALLAH save us from the wispers of shaitan/satan, ameen!

ALLAHAFIZ.

MetSudaisTwice
05-18-2006, 01:24 PM
salam
ameen sis
wasalam

Qurratul Ayn
05-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Ameen, thumma ameen to that Sister muslimah_here.

That is why My Dear Brothers and Sisters always at all time fight off the Shaytaan, it is always there and will never be rid of you. It shall keep on coming back until you go its way, which you should not.

Stay strong and Pray to Allah Ta'ala to help all of us.

Assalamu Alaikum
Qurratul Ayn

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_here
MAY ALLAH save us from the wispers of shaitan/satan, ameen!

Ameen thumma ameen!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
SAHIH BUKHARI
Book 006, Number 2630:
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed i'tikaf in the middle ten days of Ramadan to seek Lailat-ul-Qadr before it was made manifest to him. When (these nights) were over, he commanded to strike the tent. Then it was made manifest to him that (Lailat-ul-Qadr) was in the last ten nights (of Ramadan), and commanded to pitch the tent (again). He then came to the people and said: O people, Lailat-ul-Qadr was made manifest to me and I came out to inform you about it that two persons came contend- ing with each other and there was a devil along with them and I forgot it. So seek it in the last ten nights of Ramadan. Seek it on the ninth, on the seventh and on the fifth. I (one of the narrators) said: Abu Sa'id, you know more than us about numbers. He said: Yes, indeed we have better right than you. I said: What is this ninth, seventh, and fifth? He said: When twenty-one (nights are over) and the twenty-second begins, it is the ninth, and when twenty-three (nights) are over, that which follows (the last night) is the seventh, and when twenty-five nights are over, what follows it is fifth. Ibn Khallad said: Instead of the word Yahliqan (contending), he said Yakhtasiman, (they are disputing).

^ So thats why we dont know the exact date of the night of power!! that devil!!! :rant:

------
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Innit :rant:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Sahih Bukhari
Book 010, Number 3813:
Abu Zubair heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered us to kill dogs, and we carried out this order so much so that we also kill the dog coming with a woman from the desert. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) forbade their killing. He (the Holy Prophet further) said: It is your duty the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil.

^ Ya Allah!! We gotta kill the shaytaan dogs :eek:, man is this like wajib? SubhanAllah!!!

------
05-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Bro swer down ur hevi bringing the hadiths up like that! Masha'Allah!

IceQueen~
05-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Book 010, Number 3813:
Abu Zubair heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered us to kill dogs, and we carried out this order so much so that we also kill the dog coming with a woman from the desert. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) forbade their killing. He (the Holy Prophet further) said: It is your duty the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil.

^ Ya Allah!! We gotta kill the shaytaan dogs :eek:, man is this like wajib? SubhanAllah!!!

how can we go round killing black dogs in this country ?(UK) i mean people will think we're some kind of...

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
how can we go round killing black dogs in this country ?(UK) i mean people will think we're some kind of...

Lol Aali i noticed u quote hadith a lot too mashAllah.

Ye i kno lol we'll probably end up killing some1 elses pet then we'll get sent to gitmo! The musilm prison specially made to make muslims feel oppressed... i gess we can do it secretly like in the dead of night. lol need to be slyyy tho!

------
05-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Ye i kno lol we'll probably end up killing some1 elses pet then we'll get sent to gitmo! The musilm prison specially made to make muslims feel oppressed... i gess we can do it secretly like in the dead of night. lol need to be slyyy tho!
LOL!!!!!!!! Ur crazy man! (Well I cant say ur more than me tho LOL)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 495:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "If while you are praying, somebody intends to pass in front of you, prevent him; and should he insist, prevent him again; and if he insists again, fight with him (i.e. prevent him violently e.g. pushing him violently), because such a person is (like) a devil."

Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin: Abu Huraira said, "Allah's Apostle put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Apostle." Then Abu Huraira told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "Al-Kursi" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' " On that the Prophet said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan."

AISHA SATAN IS A LIAR!!!!!!

:p

IceQueen~
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM

Lol Aali i noticed u quote hadith a lot too mashAllah.

then start by painting out the disgusting billboards!

------
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan
Yh he sed the truth Aishah - ONCE but he is a LIARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(Yeh I know u behind me saying i know LOL) :giggling:

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Conclusion: Shaytan will try to misguide us in every aspect of life as he has vowed to do when he wa banished from the heavens and Verily Allah's curse shall be on him till the Final Judgment and He always fulfills his promises, now bearing this in mind and knowing this we must always be aware that Shaytan is trying to get us and will try to mis--guide us but the more pious Muslims and successfull are those who dont give into Shaytan and continue striving in Allah's cause..Allah help us all Ameen and WalaykumAsalaam x

------
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
jus had to log on to say that :)
:rollseyes:rollseyes:rollseyes:rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM
then start by painting out the disgusting billboards!

lol WHAT :?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:04 PM

How does painting billboards help kill devildogs? :? :?

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 02:07 PM

What about black cats I always see them when I'm going to the mosque they stare at me with this evil look.

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Now thats what you call paranoia *eyes rolly* Peace! x

05-18-2006, 02:09 PM

How does painting billboards help kill devildogs? :? :?
Ur trying to do something good, so margy's trying to say that u should start by doing something more useful. Black dogs affect people less than the horrid pictures on the billboards, which are zina for the eyes.

Ghazi
05-18-2006, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Now thats what you call paranoia *eyes rolly* Peace! x

But it's kind of funny how I always see a cat, no other animal but a cat especially a fajar times.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

What about black cats I always see them when I'm going to the mosque they stare at me with this evil look.

lol i think, i THINk that ur safe bro :p

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Erm sign from Allah?...Peace x

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
Ur trying to do something good, so margy's trying to say that u should start by doing something more useful. Black dogs affect people less than the horrid pictures on the billboards, which are zina for the eyes.

How do you kno what black dogs are capable of :eek:, i agree wiv u its disgusting those billboards. I always end up heated on my bus journey home :heated: :heated: :heated:

Ayesha Rana
05-18-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

But it's kind of funny how I always see a cat, no other animal but a cat especially a fajar times.
Well the little *****-cat is trying to scare you back home. Get over it bro no-ones sending a deadly furr-ball to stare you to death.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Well the little *****-cat is trying to scare you back home. Get over it bro no-ones sending a deadly furr-ball to stare you to death.
LOL and im all outta reps aswell ;D

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
You know what, there were a coupla Muslimahs [Niqaabis] in the papers quite some time ago that went around painting over them LOL respect to them! Peace! x

Ayesha Rana
05-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Why is part of my post cencored i didn't put a swear word in? I wrote p-u s-s-y -cat and it got cencored.

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Lol never know the power of the erm erm mind?...it can yano ever heard of the story of Medusa?? Peace x

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
You know what, there were a coupla Muslimahs [Niqaabis] in the papers quite some time ago that went around painting over them LOL respect to them! Peace! x

Best thing would be to move countries because we're told to abide by the laws of the ruler. Paintin the billboards is jus causin trouble therefore causin fitnah upon fitnah and to b honest i dont see this country changin and lol at the supposed democracy wat a joke! It definitly feels like sum1s pullin strings!

Anyway the shaytaan!!

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Uh huh i hear ya out, but what can you do? these are the standards of tis country...nothing we can do really...or is there? Peace x

IceQueen~
05-18-2006, 02:16 PM

Best thing would be to move countries because we're told to abide by the laws of the ruler. Paintin the billboards is jus causin trouble therefore causin fitnah upon fitnah and to b honest i dont see this country changin and lol at the supposed democracy wat a joke! It definitly feels like sum1s pullin strings!

Anyway the shaytaan!!

yeah-see how the shaytan makes people forget..?
or then again are we supposed to attribute that to him:?

Ayesha Rana
05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah the Shaytaan is behind it all but he didn't cencor part of my post-how did it happen? Who's Medusa?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah-see how the shaytan makes people forget..?
or then again are we supposed to attribute that to him:?

Are you suggesting i go around painting all the billboards in attempt to change the country? think about it, u go around paintin them, 2 days later there bak up again and ur in jail! A huge scale action is required not a minor little paintin a billboard thing...
i hope im makin sence but if ur gnna do sumthin might aswell make it beneficial! And peace is wats taught right! By doing that u'll be disturbing the peace for nothing!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah the Shaytaan is behind it all but he didn't cencor part of my post-how did it happen? Who's Medusa?

hey its more then obvious why it got censored, lol lets leave it now.

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Lol Medusa is that monster with snake thingys on her head and if you looked at her you turned to rock i think lol >> was a fairy tale...never mind, ya killed the joke lol...Peace! x

IceQueen~
05-18-2006, 02:21 PM

Are you suggesting i go around painting all the billboards in attempt to change the country? think about it, u go around paintin them, 2 days later there bak up again and ur in jail! A huge scale action is required not a minor little paintin a billboard thing...
i hope im makin sence but if ur gnna do sumthin might aswell make it beneficial! And peace is wats taught right! By doing that u'll be disturbing the peace for nothing!

no of course not bro-i was referring to the fact that we were all off topic!

Ayesha Rana
05-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Waahaa Abd'Majid is getting paranoid. Don't worry if you do paint a billboard we won't grass.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Dont let the Shaytaan Eat!!!!

Sahih Bukhari

Book 023, Number 5046:
Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Satan is present with any one of you in everything he does; he is present even when he eats food; so if any one of you drops a mouthful he should remove away anything filthy on it and eat it and not leave for the devil; and when he finishes (food) he should lick his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of his food the blessing lies.

^ I was licking my fingers today and ma mate started laughin at me :anger:, next time i'll tell him to stop feeding the stupid fat shaytaan and giv him a bakhand!!!!

Qurratul Ayn
05-18-2006, 02:25 PM
:salamext:

The Shaytaan wants to take many pople to Jahannam with him and he does this by making people lazy, do unnecessary and insignificant things, disobey one's parents, free-mixing with the opposite genders and much, much more.

That is why all of us Muslims should stay strong and stay upon the right path of Allah Ta'ala.

IceQueen~
05-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Dont let the Shaytaan Eat!!!!

Sahih Bukhari

Book 023, Number 5046:
Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Satan is present with any one of you in everything he does; he is present even when he eats food; so if any one of you drops a mouthful he should remove away anything filthy on it and eat it and not leave for the devil; and when he finishes (food) he should lick his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of his food the blessing lies.

^ I was licking my fingers today and ma mate started laughin at me :anger:, next time i'll tell him to stop feeding the stupid fat shaytaan and giv him a bakhand!!!!
once a sheikh asked a jinn how they harm humans and the jinn told him that didn't the prophet (P) say to lick ur fingers after eating? then the jinn said that when you don't then the jinn lick ur fingers and can harm u thereby..

IbnAbdulHakim
05-19-2006, 09:10 AM

How Idol Worship Came to Be

After Adam AS passed away many great people passed away after him, people were much grieved and thought to themselves such great people cannot be forgotten, how can we keep there memory alive through generations to come? Then that crafty lil shaytaan came along and whispered, why not make statues of them so u remember them? The people innocent in there ignorant ways liked the idea and didnt have too many bad intentions about it either. The shaytaan then backed away, the shaytaan knows when to be patient! Generations passed and people forgot why they built the statues so then the shaytaan came back to them and said,
"why dont you worship them?"
What a crafty fat lucifer :rant:!!!!!!

^ Heard it in Anwar Al-Awlaki's talk and said to be from sahih source, if i ever find the real source will post up immediately!

Maimunah
05-19-2006, 09:32 AM

How Idol Worship Came to Be

After Adam AS passed away many great people passed away after him, people were much grieved and thought to themselves such great people cannot be forgotten, how can we keep there memory alive through generations to come? Then that crafty lil shaytaan came along and whispered, why not make statues of them so u remember them? The people innocent in there ignorant ways liked the idea and didnt have too many bad intentions about it either. The shaytaan then backed away, the shaytaan knows when to be patient! Generations passed and people forgot why they built the statues so then the shaytaan came back to them and said,
"why dont you worship them?"
What a crafty fat lucifer :rant:!!!!!!

subhanaAllah!!
may Allah save us from his evil
wasalaam

------
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
why not make statues of them so u remember them?
OooooooooooooooK! :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
06-19-2006, 10:10 PM
OooooooooooooooK! :rollseyes
My sentiments EXACTLY 100%!!

[PIE]I heard from imam anwar al-awlaki that during the times of Solomon (sulaiman AS) there use to be all kinds of jinns and birds under his control! Well apparently at that time a lot of the jinns use to teach humans magic (ASTAGFIRULLAH) and they use to write books and scriptures of how to cast magic and incantations! Well whenever solomon AS use to hear of this he would take the book or scripture of magic and hide it under his throne so no-one could learn from it! After solom AS passed away...

The devil came to the people and told them,

"why do u believe in this mans God? Do u now know that all his miracles of talking to the animals and controlling the wind was but mere magic!" When the people didnt believe him he said: " Look under his throne", they found all the leaflets/scriptures and they all thought of solomon AS as a magician! This misconception carried on thru the ages till the Quran cleared his innocense up via the following ayyat:

They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

[/PIE]

IbnAbdulHakim
02-12-2007, 11:55 AM

this might be a silly question but shaytaan is a kaafir right? I mean he saw Allah swt, so surely must believe in him, i ask this because i thought about dajjal and i was wondering if dajjal knows Allah as well as shaytan? :?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-12-2007, 12:02 PM

ye but his going to have kaafir stamped on his forehead right which only believers can see. So doesnt that mean that he rejected Allaah and is therefore doomed.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:
I read somewhere that Dajjal was created only as a test for the believers and that he will not be questioned on the DOJ. Not sure where I read it and if it was reliable though.
If he wont be questioned and is just a test then he would be like harut and marut but i dont think thats the case... Allahu a'lam

Pk_#2
02-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Who's harut and Marut :oS

IbnAbdulHakim
02-12-2007, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Who's harut and Marut :oS

sis you know those angels who questioned Allah as to why he created men who disobey him and cause corruption so Allah sent them to earth as humans and they commited zina (audhubillah) and then they were given the option to enjoy earth and go to hell or repent and naturally they chose to repent and they were asked to teach those who wish to learn magic by the permission of Allah but not before telling them of its evil and warning them.

thats the basic story sis, im sure if you search online you can find more inshaAllah.

Pk_#2
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Ok jazakAllah khair bro

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh :)

AvarAllahNoor
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
There is no rival power to God. How can there be any power opposed to God? This is pure nonsense as it implies that Satan (created by God) could not be controlled or destroyed and became so powerful that God Himself was unable to liberate His creation (hell) from Satan.

- Qatada -
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
There is no rival power to God. How can there be any power opposed to God? This is pure nonsense as it implies that Satan (created by God) could not be controlled or destroyed and became so powerful that God Himself was unable to liberate His creation (hell) from Satan.

Satan is our enemy as Allaah mentions many times in the Qur'an. And he will get the worst punishment in the hereafter. He is one of those who turned away from the obedience of Allaah out of arrogance, and he has lead many astray by making them have false hopes [he cant force no-one, but anyone can try to make someones desires seem better than what they really are, its like someone robbing from a bank, they know they can be punished for it but the desire of money makes them still want to do that sin/crime. - " a wolf in a sheep's clothing " thats what the bad deeds are.]

Everything that happens is by the will of Allaah, yet we still have a freedom of choice. Allaah may have created a situation in our life, and we might have two options, we could either take the right/good option or go down the wrong one [because Allaah has given us freedom of choice.] If we go down the good path, Allaah will bring through more good for us. If satan tries persuading us to do bad, we can either resist it or go along with it - which then leads to us doing sin.

If we do the good, we can get rewarded upto 10 times or upto 700 or more. If we were thinking of doing bad, but we turned away for the sake of Allaah - a good deed will be recorded for us. And if we got persuaded and fell into the sin, a bad deed is recorded for us. But if we repent, this bad deed will be wiped out and replaced with good.

- Qatada -
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I read somewhere that Dajjal was created only as a test for the believers and that he will not be questioned on the DOJ. Not sure where I read it and if it was reliable though.

:wasalamex

Akhi al-dajjaal is a test for the people, but at the same time there are authentic narrations which state that he was a man at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.) Even the Messenger of Allaah spoke to him, Umar [may Allaah be pleased with him] swore by Allaah that this man was the dajjaal. But i think there was a difference of opinion and nothing could be done at that time because no-one was sure.

I'll post it up in a new thread so you can read through it insha'Allaah. And Allaah knows best.

AvarAllahNoor
02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Satan is our enemy as Allaah mentions many times in the Qur'an. And he will get the worst punishment in the hereafter. He is one of those who turned away from the obedience of Allaah out of arrogance, and he has lead many astray by making them have false hopes [he cant force no-one, but anyone can try to make someones desires seem better than what they really are, its like someone robbing from a bank, they know they can be punished for it but the desire of money makes them still want to do that sin/crime. - " a wolf in a sheep's clothing " thats what the bad deeds are.]

Everything that happens is by the will of Allaah, yet we still have a freedom of choice. Allaah may have created a situation in our life, and we might have two options, we could either take the right/good option or go down the wrong one [because Allaah has given us freedom of choice.] If we go down the good path, Allaah will bring through more good for us. If satan tries persuading us to do bad, we can either resist it or go along with it - which then leads to us doing sin.

If we do the good, we can get rewarded upto 10 times or upto 700 or more. If we were thinking of doing bad, but we turned away for the sake of Allaah - a good deed will be recorded for us. And if we got persuaded and fell into the sin, a bad deed is recorded for us. But if we repent, this bad deed will be wiped out and replaced with good.
There is a rival power to God?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Your quite correct, there is no rival power to God, everything which tempts us into the wrong path is a test given to us by Allah. Shaytaan can and will be destroyed on the day of judgement. bi-idhnillah

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-12-2007, 02:36 PM
destroyed
Punished, like all of ahle an-naar.:) Allah knows best.

- Qatada -
02-12-2007, 02:40 PM
There is a rival power to God?

Anyone who turns away from the obedience of Allaah purposelly is an enemy to the believers, and to Allaah. That doesn't mean he's Allaah's rival because Allaah will punish him. A rival is someone who has similar power/authority etc. That isn't the case, shaytan has no power except by the will of Allaah. And this is the trial for all of mankind and jinn.

Al_Imaan
02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Allah has the power to destroy him in this world too....but the main point of the test in this world is either to follow that path of Allah or the Satan....if there was no Satan...there would be no bad or evil and there would be no test....am i gettin it rite?....

Everybody
05-24-2012, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nafiisah
Ibliss can lead us astray unless we have strong Imaan (faith) and constantly ask for protection against him. For each and every action, think twice. Is ur action good?

And Shaytaan can only act if we listen to him. So at every moment indeed , let us ponder over what we are actually going to do. Inshaallah, we may than decide to choose the right path.

:thumbs_up .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.