/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Give It Up Now!!!!!

1m@@n
04-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Asalamoalaikum

Preventative healthcare has had a high profile in the last few weeks, with the launch of a new essence of care benchmark on HEALTH PROMOTION and two new guidance documents from NICE (National Institute for health & Clinical Excellence) on methods to promote physical activity among patients and SMOKING CESSATION!!

Yesss all you smokers out there, its time to think about giving up! why? because 'health fanatic nurse imoo' says so! nah man seriously, your health is way too important and yessss you CAN DOOOO ITTT! **wonders how many times shes emphasised this point over the last week**

It’s never too late to quit and there's never an easy time to do it!! So quit now, right now, yess yessss yessssssss right NOWW! put down that cigarette.. it's so easy to smoke them whilst on the computer, i see peeps do it all the time!! To quit, you need to break your addiction to nicotine and to the habit of smoking!!

A few Reasons Not to Smoke (You know them...ohh yesss youu do!)

SMOKING IS HARAAM!

Cancer!!!!! -Lung cancer kills more women than breast cancer every year in the U.S.

MONEY! It’s expensive!!!! mann how much have you spent on ciggs in the last week??? ahaan? thinkkkkkk and reflectttttttt....plannnn and then implementtt!! Most people smoke at leasttt 20 cigarettes a day, at an average cost of £4.00 a packet?? This is £28.00 per week or £1,460 per year. save the money and treat yourself to a holiday!!! The real minimum cost of smoking for most people is £2,400 every year. This is enough money to sponsor a few third world children!!!!!

Bad breath!!! (Yes, i guarantee you, others do smell it!!)

Stained yellow teeth and fingers! (brighten up that smile by cutting down on the fags!!)

'smokers cough'/sore throat, Breathing problems!!

Fatigue! (work on exchanging the 'bad' fag habit to a 'good' habit...urmm walking, jogging, get down to ur local gym, swimming, use your imagination, you must change your way of life for the better!!! yes you must!

Wrinkles (more, sooner than people who don't smoke)

Arguments with parents, friends who care about you and want you to stop smoking.

risk of Heart disease, including heart atack, (and noooo you are not too young!!!)

It stinks up your clothes big time, and your hair, skin, car, pets, it goes on and on.....!!

For the benefit of any young person who may think it is cool to smoke.....There is absoloutly nothing cool about smoking!!!!!!! It's cool to be clean, fresh and healthy and you will never be any of these things if you become a smoker.

recommended info for peeps wanting to quit!
>>>>> Smoking cessation <<<<<

No i do not smoke, never have and luckily have never been tempted to!! hence, Yes, i have little experience of the efforts necessary to get off the fags once you've started but we all know its a nastyyy habit!! and you ex smokers out there are qualified to criticise smoking, be of support to peeps around youu!!

take that first step!! ive been told by ex smokers that no the craving does not last for ever!! You must remain positive and you must remember how unhealthy you were as a smoker, compared to being a non smoker. There are many pleasures in life and smoking is not really one of them, given the consequences!! Life is of a higher quality without fags!!!!

Anywayyyyyyyy.....just some info for any smokers out there that might be interested...

smokers are being asked to join a scheme to help them quit smoking using text messages. The university of london and the stop-smoking charity 'QUIT' need 200 volunteers to try the service, which sends tips on avoiding weight gain and coping with smoking triggers. To enrol, volunteers should text 'SMOKE' to '60030'.

ahhhhh, go on give it a go!! **smiles**

wsalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
04-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Well done, you! :)

That's a very convincing post!

I do wish my hysband would stop. He knows all the risks involved (as do most smokers), but has real trouble stopping.
He keeps trying, though.
And as they say: Never quit quitting!

Blessings,

minime7
05-24-2006, 06:49 PM
well said

Kittygyal
05-24-2006, 07:01 PM
salam.
woow that is very well said i have all RESPECT :)ta sis for sharing
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sohrab
05-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Excellent article. Please pray that Allah awards us His love too, so that we can also proclaim "I love Allah".

Sister_6038
05-24-2006, 08:41 PM
today someone smoked in my face...what did i say....passive smoking...selfish...cancer

broth3r Ali
05-30-2006, 09:30 PM
salaam! maa meri well said!! >>>>>APPLAUDS<<<<<<
i tried smoking when i was at college once, I was ill for a couple of days after!! :vomit: i cant stand the smell of tobacco!!!! :grumbling
ws :thumbs_up

1m@@n
05-30-2006, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by broth3r Ali
salaam! maa meri well said!! >>>>>APPLAUDS<<<<<<
i tried smoking when i was at college once, I was ill for a couple of days after!! :vomit: i cant stand the smell of tobacco!!!! :grumbling
ws :thumbs_up
:salamext: in a way i guess i am thankful u waz sick!!

i remember my mum was like ohh hooo ainoo ki hoya aii bimaar hogya bicharaa...(oh no luk wats happend to my son he's sick)

n im like, mum he shudnt have tried smokin innit...

then my mums like hawww....changa hoyaaa jaa horr cigg pee...heehee!! (serves him ryt go have sum more ciggz) lol.....

sis hatsheput...yeh you tell em sis!!! **hugzzz**

ws

scentsofjannah
05-30-2006, 11:23 PM
:sl:

Smoking is a truly nasty habit..i hate the smell *yuck*...and it shouldnt be sold at all..they should make it illegal!..no point of all these expensive ads on tv ..buses ..health centres etc..they have to get to the root of the problem

Abdullah4ever
05-31-2006, 01:59 AM

Jazakallah for the wonderfull post, here in Quebec, Canada its banned to smoke because thats were mainly most of Canadians Smokers are. I was watching news the other night and these guy was smoking 3 cigars at a time and he is like "My mom told me vegatables are good for you, and a cigar is a vegetable".

Authobillah wat have people gone to now... a cigar a vegatble thats nonsense :grumbling.

:w:

F.Y.
05-31-2006, 02:03 AM
Cigarettes contain nail varnish remover and paint remover. Yum. (not)

Peace

catmando
05-31-2006, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Well done, you! :)

That's a very convincing post!

I do wish my hysband would stop. He knows all the risks involved (as do most smokers), but has real trouble stopping.
He keeps trying, though.
And as they say: Never quit quitting!

Blessings,
With all the 'quit-smoking aids' out there, there is still only ONE sure way to quit; PUT THEM DOWN AND DO NOT LIGHT UP ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Cold turkey is the only way to quit.

catmando
05-31-2006, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

Jazakallah for the wonderfull post, here in Quebec, Canada its banned to smoke because thats were mainly most of Canadians Smokers are. I was watching news the other night and these guy was smoking 3 cigars at a time and he is like "My mom told me vegatables are good for you, and a cigar is a vegetable".

Authobillah wat have people gone to now... a cigar a vegatble thats nonsense :grumbling. :w:
LOL now that's funny. ;D

1m@@n
06-03-2006, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by catmando
With all the 'quit-smoking aids' out there, there is still only ONE sure way to quit; PUT THEM DOWN AND DO NOT LIGHT UP ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Cold turkey is the only way to quit.
:salamext:

subhanaAllah well sed akhiiiii.....so giveeeeeeee itt uppp all you smokerz out there, youuuuuuu cann doo it!!!!!!! inshaAllah!!

ws

H4RUN
06-03-2006, 07:38 PM
a wise soul once said to me, 'why dont they just light a fire in the garden and breathe that?'
smokeRz arghhhhhh just imagine the amount of money they are putting 2 killing themselves! imagine the reward they would get if that money went to a good cause! give it to the poor, give to the mosque, buy a present for your loved ones, and what do they do? go 2 the local shop and purchase a box of 'early death coming up'
peace b un2 u all
:w:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-03-2006, 07:46 PM
and ders another things that says for every 5 fags u have, u lose 20 years of ur life.. :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.