/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blasphemy, insult, ridicule and abuse.

hanifi
05-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Blasphemy, insult, ridicule and abuse.

a) It is prohibited to insult, abuse or blaspheme Allah, His Messenger, His Deen, and/or His Book. These are all aspects of kufr (disbelief).

Allah, the Most High said:

"If you ask them (about this) they declare: 'We were only talking idly and joking.' Say 'Was it at Allah, and His Aayaat (signs, revelation, etc.,) and His Messenger that you were mocking? Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed... " [At-Taubah 9: 65-6]

In the Tafseer of Ibn Katheer the following narration is related as the reason for revelation of this aayah.

Ibn 'Umar, Muhammad Ibn K'ab, Zayd Ibn Aslam and Qatadaah have all contributed to the establishment of the following Hadeeth. In the course of the campaign of Tabuk, a man came up and declared:

"We have seen no people with greater appetites, more lying or more cowardly in battle, than the Prophet of Allah, and his reciting companions."

Aws ibn Maalik rose and said: "It is rather you who are the liar, you are a Munafiq pretending to be a Muslim. I shall tell the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) about you."

Aws went to the Prophet (peace be upon him) to inform him but found that revelation had already preceded him. (When the news reached) the man, he mounted his camel, sought the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: "...But we were only joking trying to pass the time while travelling." Ibn 'Umar said: "He was clinging to the saddle belt of the Prophet's camel as it ran, his feet and legs being battered by the rough ground, and repeating: but we were only joking... and the Prophet insisting, without turning his face to him said: "Joking! Joking with Allah? With His Revelation With His Prophet?

b) It is prohibited to abuse or blaspheme the Sahabas (the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "May Allah curse the one who abuse or blaspheme my companions". [At-Tabaranee, Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadee]

He (peace be upon him) also said: "Do not insult/blaspheme my companions, for by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, if one of you spend the like of the mountain of Uhud in gold (in Allah 's way) you would not equal their support, or not even half of their support'. [Bkhari & Muslim].

It is painful to hear people, who claim that they are Muslims, abuse the noblest of men of this ummah, like Abu Bakr, and 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with them), or even other Sahabas, like Ma'aawiyah (may Allah be pleased with him).

c) It is prohibited for a Muslim to abuse or blaspheme another Muslim, The Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Abusing/blaspheming of the Muslim is evil and immoral whilst fighting him is kufr (disbelief)". [Bukharie & Muslim]

He (peace be upon him) further states: "The Muslim is he from whom other Muslims are safe from his hand and his tongue." [Muslim]

d) It is prohibited to abuse/blaspheme the dead. The Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"Do not abuse/blaspheme the dead. [Bukharie]

e) It is prohibited to insult/blaspheme what the unbelievers worship other than Allah.

"And insult not those whom they (the disbelievers) worship besides Allah lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge." [Al-An'aan: 108]

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not cause harm to the Muslim because of insult or abuse to a kafir (disbeliver)". [Al-Haakim & Al-Baihaqee]

f) The Prohibition to abuse the wind.

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse/blaspheme the wind because it circulates from Allah, it brings mercy and punishment. However, ask Allah for its good, and seek refuge with Allah from its evil." [Al-Haakim & Ibn Majah]

g) The prohibition to blaspheme the rooster (fowlcock).

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse/blaspheme the rooster, because it awakens (people) for prayer''. [Abu Dawood]

h) The prohibition to blaspheme time (As-Dahr)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse/blaspheme time..." [Muslim]

i) Do not blaspheme fever.

The Messenger (peace be upon him) entered upon Umm As-Saaib and said to her: "What is the matter with you, O Umm Saaib that you are trembling'" She said "Fever, (there is) no blessing of Allah in it". He (peace be upon him) said "Do not blaspheme fever, because it wipes out the sins of the children of` Adam, as the bellows extract the dirt from iron ". [Muslim]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hanifi
Blasphemy, insult, ridicule and abuse.

a) It is prohibited to insult, abuse or blaspheme Allah, His Messenger, His Deen, and/or His Book. These are all aspects of kufr (disbelief).

"If you ask them (about this) they declare: 'We were only talking idly and joking.' Say 'Was it at Allah, and His Aayaat (signs, revelation, etc.,) and His Messenger that you were mocking? Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed... " [At-Taubah 9: 65-6]

In the Tafseer of Ibn Katheer the following narration is related as the reason for revelation of this aayah.

Ibn 'Umar, Muhammad Ibn K'ab, Zayd Ibn Aslam and Qatadaah have all contributed to the establishment of the following Hadeeth. In the course of the campaign of Tabuk, a man came up and declared:

"We have seen no people with greater appetites, more lying or more cowardly in battle, than the Prophet of Allah, and his reciting companions."

Aws ibn Maalik rose and said: "It is rather you who are the liar, you are a Munafiq pretending to be a Muslim. I shall tell the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) about you."

Aws went to the Prophet (peace be upon him) to inform him but found that revelation had already preceded him. (When the news reached) the man, he mounted his camel, sought the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: "...But we were only joking trying to pass the time while travelling." Ibn 'Umar said: "He was clinging to the saddle belt of the Prophet's camel as it ran, his feet and legs being battered by the rough ground, and repeating: but we were only joking... and the Prophet insisting, without turning his face to him said: "Joking! Joking with Allah? With His Revelation With His Prophet?

b) It is prohibited to abuse or blaspheme the Sahabas (the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "May Allah curse the one who abuse or blaspheme my companions". [At-Tabaranee, Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadee]

He (peace be upon him) also said: "Do not insult/blaspheme my companions, for by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, if one of you spend the like of the mountain of Uhud in gold (in Allah 's way) you would not equal their support, or not even half of their support'. [Bkhari & Muslim].

It is painful to hear people, who claim that they are Muslims, abuse the noblest of men of this ummah, like Abu Bakr, and 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with them), or even other Sahabas, like Ma'aawiyah (may Allah be pleased with him).

c) It is prohibited for a Muslim to abuse or blaspheme another Muslim, The Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Abusing/blaspheming of the Muslim is evil and immoral whilst fighting him is kufr (disbelief)". [Bukharie & Muslim]

He (peace be upon him) further states: "The Muslim is he from whom other Muslims are safe from his hand and his tongue." [Muslim]

d) It is prohibited to abuse/blaspheme the dead. The Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"Do not abuse/blaspheme the dead. [Bukharie]

e) It is prohibited to insult/blaspheme what the unbelievers worship other than Allah.

"And insult not those whom they (the disbelievers) worship besides Allah lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge." [Al-An'aan: 108]

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not cause harm to the Muslim because of insult or abuse to a kafir (disbeliver)". [Al-Haakim & Al-Baihaqee]

f) The Prohibition to abuse the wind.

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse/blaspheme the wind because it circulates from Allah, it brings mercy and punishment. However, ask Allah for its good, and seek refuge with Allah from its evil." [Al-Haakim & Ibn Majah]

g) The prohibition to blaspheme the rooster (fowlcock).

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse/blaspheme the rooster, because it awakens (people) for prayer''. [Abu Dawood]

h) The prohibition to blaspheme time (As-Dahr)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse/blaspheme time..." [Muslim]

i) Do not blaspheme fever.

The Messenger (peace be upon him) entered upon Umm As-Saaib and said to her: "What is the matter with you, O Umm Saaib that you are trembling'" She said "Fever, (there is) no blessing of Allah in it". He (peace be upon him) said "Do not blaspheme fever, because it wipes out the sins of the children of` Adam, as the bellows extract the dirt from iron ". [Muslim]
Thanks, that is interesting! :)
Just a few comments from a non-Muslim, if I may.

a) - d) sound pretty straight forward.

e) I will have to remember for future reference ... I am sure it will come in handy in some discussion thread! :rollseyes ;D

f) - i), quite frankly, sound totally bizarre! Do not blaspheme the wind, the rooster, time and fever??? :?

Out of interest, I am assuming that this is guidance for Muslims only?
Presumably if a non-Muslim commits any of these, he or she is exempt from such laws?

Peace.

hanifi
05-06-2006, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thanks, that is interesting! :)
Just a few comments from a non-Muslim, if I may.

f) - i), quite frankly, sound totally bizarre! Do not blaspheme the wind, the rooster, time and fever??? :?

Out of interest, I am assuming that this is guidance for Muslims only?
Presumably if a non-Muslim commits any of these, he or she is exempt from such laws?

Peace.
:sl:
That's a very good question from you!
Firstly, you have to understand that living and dying in the state of dis-belief in God is the worst thing a human can do. There is no hope for a dis-believer except for his recompense in this life for whatever good he has done.
If a Non-Muslims likes to abide by those laws quoted above, then Alhamdulillah he/she will get his/her reward in this world.
There is no hope at all for a dis-believer in the hereafter. So it does't really matter if a non-muslim adheres to these laws of Shari'a.
Secondly, I don't find those laws bizzare at all. They have wisdom in it. Everything that we get our blessings from should not be mocket at whether its living or non-living. Specially fever and time. They are all blessings to a believer. It is pretty straight forward if you have the right knowledge about the things around you. Little knowledge is very dangerous. People out of ignorance about the reality of their existence usually say things they are not suppose to.:)

glo
05-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Thank you for your reply. :)

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.