/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad : Mercy to Mankind

al-fateh
05-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Muhammad : Mercy to Mankind

By Shaykh al-Haram Sâlih Muhammad Al-Tâlib

Sponser By Islamic Network

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All praise is due to Allâh, Lord of all the worlds. Peace and blessings of Allâh be upon the Messenger, his household and companions.
Fellow Muslims! Fear Allâh and seek for His mercy by being dutiful to Him. Allâh says,

“O you who believe! Fear Allâh, and believe in His Messenger (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) He will give you a double portion of His Mercy, and He will give you a light by which you shall walk (straight), and He will forgive you. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Al-Hadîd 57:28)

Brethren in faith! Fear Allâh and do not incline to this world and its adornments. For this world is a temporary abode in which both righteous and sinful have their sustenance. The Hereafter is a true appointed time in which the Lord, Who is Omnipotent, shall judge between truth and falsehood.

Fellow Muslims! In this time of despair and hardship, a time in which values and concepts have been turned upside down, a time in which the powerful suppresses the weak and the rich the poor, a time that civilizations clash, the Muslims are seriously in need of affirming their civilization that is based on noble concepts. It is through these noble concepts that the Ummah’s injuries can be healed.

The world communities have never been in a greater need to realize the defects that are in their civilizations as they are today. They need to know the defects of their systems of life. It is time for them to ask themselves the causes of their problems and the misery, which their civilizations have caused. They need to know the causes of widespread distress and anxiety that have overwhelmed their lives.

These are just some of the questions whose answer is provided by the Glorious Qur’ân. Allâh says,

“But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Qur’ân nor acts on its teachings.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection. He will say: "O my Lord! Why have you raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)." (Allâh) will say: "Like this: Our signs came unto you, but you disregarded them (i.e. you left them, did not think deeply in them, and you turned away from them), and so this Day, you will be neglected (in the Hell-fire, away from Allâhs Mercy).” (Tâ Hâ 20:124-126)

Dear brother! If you reflect on the life history of the Messenger of Allâh, you will find it full of noble qualities in concept and practice. This is why the civilization of his religion is the only civilization that brought happiness to the world.

‘Âishah narrated that she asked the Prophet, ”Have you encountered a day harder than the day (of the battle) of Uhud?" The Prophet replied,

"Your tribes have troubled me a lot, and the worse trouble was the trouble on the day of Aqaba when I presented myself to Ibn Abd-Yalail bin Abd-Kulal and he did not respond to my demand. So I departed, overwhelmed with excessive sorrow, and proceeded on, and could not relax till I found myself at Qarnath-Tha-alib where I lifted my head towards the sky to see a cloud shading me unexpectedly. I looked up and saw Gabriel in it. He called me saying, Allah has heard your peoples saying to you, and what they have replied back to you, Allah has sent the Angel of the Mountains to you so that you may order him to do whatever you wish to these people. The Angel of the Mountains called and greeted me, and then said, "O Muhammad! Order what you wish. If you like, I will let Al-Akh-Shabain (i.e. two mountains) fall on them." The Prophet said, "No but I hope that Allah will let them beget children who will worship Allah Alone, and will worship none besides Him.” (Al-Bukhârî and Muslim)

When the people of Makkah made things difficult for him, persecuted him and his companions and injured his face, he could still be heard saying while wiping blood off his face, “O Allâh! Forgive my people for they know not what they are doing.”

Fellow Muslims! It is with this mercy and compassion that the Messenger of Allâh was sent. And it is with mercy and compassion that he treated all his opponents and companions alike. Mercy is an attribute of Allâh. He is the Compassionate, the Merciful. And He is Kind with His creatures. He sent His Messenger with kindness and He says,

“And We have sent you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) not but as a mercy for all the worlds.” (Al-Anbiyâ 21:107)

The Prophet also brought the law of Islâm based on the principle of compassion. Allâh says,

“Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allâh, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins, in order that you may enter Paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire); for the believers (he peace be upon him is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.” (At-Tawbah 9:128)

The Prophet would feel seriously hurt by whatever was harmful to his nation. He was never given an option to choose between two things except that he chose the easier as long as it was not forbidden. On many occasions he had said, “Had I not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered so and so or I would have done so and so.”Sometimes, he would want to prolong prayer and yet would shorten it when he heard the crying of a baby because he understood how upset his mother would be.

Brethren in faith! Compassion is a quality of manliness. Compassion is a quality that emanates from a merciful heart. It is a quality of the Prophets and a sign of perfect Îmân and Islâm. Allâh says,

“Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allâh. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves.” (Muhammad 48:29)

Usâmah bin Zayd said,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.