/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what to do if ?

fantaxxy_moon
05-13-2006, 06:30 PM
what to do if ...

1- a friend of urs smokes ? or is taking drugs ? ...

lets ask ourself questions ... in need of their answers ... to try to help people out of their difficulties ....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amias
05-13-2006, 06:33 PM
beat the hell out of him

Sahraxx
05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
advise them that what their doing is haram and wrong and will efect them negatively also give dawaa

amias
05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
why u changed the question brother???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*noor
05-13-2006, 06:40 PM
you should encourage them that it is wrong and that there are other ways to relieve stress and drugs are only going to make it worse. taking drugs is hopeless and pointless.

if the person is addicted, here's a tip
eat oranges
believe me it works
you'll get so addicted to oranges that you wont have the urge to go back to drugs. this especially works for cigarrettes.
it true
you probably think im nuts, but im not kidding.

Sahraxx
05-13-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
you should encourage them that it is wrong and that there are other ways to relieve stress and drugs are only going to make it worse. taking drugs is hopeless and pointless.

eat oranges
believe me it works
you'll get so addicted to oranges that you wont have the urge to go back to drugs. this especially works for cigarrettes.
it true
its definately the first ive ever heard of that lol

*noor
05-13-2006, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahraxx
its definately the first ive ever heard of that lol

its true though..........i know someone who tried it and it worked.....im serious.

Kittygyal
05-13-2006, 06:49 PM
salam.
well i used to smoke but don't anymore, therefoer i know lots of my mates smoke but they are encouraging poor behaviour so all i can do is telling them whats right and whats wrong but if they refuse to lisetn then god knows i did my bit to tell them off,on the otherhand some of my friends are christians which do not believe that islam is the truth religion whereas i have reverted and i believe it is but if they refuse to listen to me and constanly reminded to stop smoking i just have to be quiet and pray for them that god leads them to the right path also it's there parents where they pick it up from,so they should either take Nicotine patches cause it is hard at time but it works cause it worked for me too,but then again i guarantee most christians mates of mine will refuse to listen but all i care is telling a person makes them do it more but have the right intention and telling them is only between god and you who knows about this.
so my advice is telling them the right but if they refuse to listen then why waste your time just pray for them that god leads them to the right path.
w.salam

H4RUN
05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam

eat oranges
believe me it works
it true
:sl:
wow nyc 1, i'll tell ma cousin 2 try that, but thing is if u give them suggestions, they'll just not thier heads.. bla bla...mind probably somewhere else, most likely 2 be 'high' anyway. so basicaly the words go in from 1 ear and come out of the other! but anyway inshallah i'll try and suggest that lol nothing to lose eh
:w:

- Qatada -
05-14-2006, 08:49 PM
:salamext:

O You who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Avoid (such abominations) that you may prosper. (5:90)

Satan’s plan is to sow hatred and enmity amongst you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hamper you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not give up? (5:91)

The Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Every intoxicant is khamr (wine) and every intoxicant is haraam (unlawful). Whosoever drinks wine in this world and dies whilst consumed in it and does not repent will not drink it in the next world. (Sahih Muslim)

More hadith:
http://www.inter-islam.org/Prohibitions/drugs.htm

:wasalamex

Kittygyal
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
wow nyc 1, i'll tell ma cousin 2 try that, but thing is if u give them suggestions, they'll just not thier heads.. bla bla...mind probably somewhere else, most likely 2 be 'high' anyway. so basicaly the words go in from 1 ear and come out of the other! but anyway inshallah i'll try and suggest that lol nothing to lose eh
salam.
that is so true bro harry i know what you mean even i used to smoke and i know it's hard to quit but when i tell me mates to stop smoking they just say whatever or stop chatting so why waste time for:uhwhat
best to tell them once if they refuse to listen then leave them one day they will regret it
w.salam

Abdullah4ever
05-14-2006, 08:54 PM

Tell Her/him If u fear allah dont do these things for shaytaan is leading u too wat ur lusts desire. This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon (the pious and righteous persons who Fear allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)).
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #2)

Tell them fear allah abd abstain for all kinds of sins. If they dont listen to you, go to a place (ex: Downtown ) and show them reality were people used to do these things and allah took their blessings away and made them homeless.

H4RUN
05-14-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
that is so true bro harry i know what you mean even i used to smoke and i know it's hard to quit but when i tell me mates to stop smoking they just say whatever or stop chatting so why waste time for:uhwhat
best to tell them once if they refuse to listen then leave them one day they will regret it
w.salam
:sl: fing is i told ma other cuz hu just smokes, that y? your jus payin 4 2 breathe in smoke, y not just light a fire in the garden and breathe that? he's lyk..'if only it was that easy sunshine...' fortunately he only smoke cigarretes, i HOPE
on the other hand, other cuz, e really couldnt giv a toss 2 wat i say, mayb coz im a lot younger or just a pure adict. i tell him str8 ur jus kilin urself slowly, all he says is 'do dua 4 me that i fix up' :rant: well yeh but he's gotta try and stop tho! not carry on dealing :rant: :grumbling ...some people!

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
:sl: fing is i told ma other cuz hu just smokes, that y? your jus payin 4 2 breathe in smoke, y not just light a fire in the garden and breathe that? he's lyk..'if only it was that easy sunshine...' fortunately he only smoke cigarretes, i HOPE
on the other hand, other cuz, e really couldnt giv a toss 2 wat i say, mayb coz im a lot younger or just a pure adict. i tell him str8 ur jus kilin urself slowly, all he says is 'do dua 4 me that i fix up' :rant: well yeh but he's gotta try and stop tho! not carry on dealing :rant: :grumbling ...some people!
tell him to take a visit to a cancer unit...no seriously if hes man enough to smoke he should be man enough to see what people who smoke go through when they get cancer..

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2006, 09:19 PM
mashallah @ all d above posts

but i tink u gota know y dey r doin it aswell most ppl dat i know smoke, either cos of

1 - wana lose weight
2 - wanna b kool

if dey wan lose weight talk 2 dem, n let em no of other healthier ways, n if dey wan b kool lol giv em a slap!! jus talk em out of it, show d islamic evidences aswell :)

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:20 PM
if people wanna lose weight they should take a trip to the vast countries where many are starving to death

if they wanna be cool then they should be cool enough not to conform to the sadness of petty people who wanna take them down with them!!

Ghazi
05-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Salaam

Smoking is prolonged suicide, imagine if you die beacuse of cancer due to smoking that'll be counted as suicide.

H4RUN
05-14-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
tell him to take a visit to a cancer unit...no seriously if hes man enough to smoke he should be man enough to see what people who smoke go through when they get cancer..
ideeeed, that will open up their eyes... once again tho, ignorance will just take over....'oh alright enough of the lectures' and so on lol and the 2nd example that i gave...well he will most probably say gotta go now ...lol let me guess where? 2 av a fag?........oh and most probably thinkin who is he tellin me what 2 do lol

H4RUN
05-14-2006, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

but i tink u gota know y dey r doin it aswell most ppl dat i know smoke, either cos of

1 - wana lose weight
2 - wanna b kool

if dey wan lose weight talk 2 dem, n let em no of other healthier ways, n if dey wan b kool lol giv em a slap!! jus talk em out of it, show d islamic evidences aswell :)
1 more: 2 make money..ie. dealing...inevitably they'll start 2 smoke the erm marajuana? when they'r dealing with it

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:28 PM
ideeeed, that will open up their eyes... once again tho, ignorance will just take over....'oh alright enough of the lectures' and so on lol and the 2nd example that i gave...well he will most probably say gotta go now ...lol let me guess where? 2 av a fag?........oh and most probably thinkin who is he tellin me what 2 do lol
nope trust me its no lectures..its all about seeing the consequences for yourself...i went to the local cancer unit for a clinical placement and man it made me think....and i dont even smoke...

H4RUN
05-14-2006, 09:37 PM
well ignorance in society is a major cause 4 this and everything else that is prohibited....once the light of Islam shines upon them and they realise the errors of their way, inshallah we'll have a better society and Ummah on the whole

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:39 PM
well ignorance in society is a major cause 4 this and everything else that is prohibited....once the light of Islam shines upon them and they realise the errors of their way, inshallah we'll have a better society and Ummah on the whole
inshaAllah!!

seeker_of_ilm
05-14-2006, 09:55 PM

If one of my friends was smoking or doing drugs, I'd be tempted to pound some sense into him. But I would probably just adise them that its haraam, prolonged suicide, and also show them the harmful effects of smoking.

Smoking is a terrible habit, draws little benefit, and I have seen one uncle who is in a extremely bad condition because of it. He need to take an oxygen mask with him everywhere, and cannot walk 5 meters without becoming breathless.

Smoking is neither cool, nor will it make you "bad". Seriously, kids these days think smoking makes them look smart, I just pray that they don't have to look like idiots when they're in a bad state, and that they quit before its too late inshallah.

fantaxxy_moon
05-16-2006, 02:45 PM
u know i have also heard that eating tomatoes will stop them from smoking
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

1 - wana lose weight
2 - wanna b kool

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fantaxxy_moon
what to do if ...

1- a friend of urs smokes ? or is taking drugs ? ...

lets ask ourself questions ... in need of their answers ... to try to help people out of their difficulties ....

salam alaikum brother
one of my friends use to smoke the best time to stop is during ramadan , my friends kept reminding her that smoking is sin so she should stop for all of ramadan, and after ramadan she ddint go back to it and now she doesnt smoke alhamdulelah

Nafiisah
05-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Remind that person that smoking or drug addiction is haraam.and most importantly this must be a continuous reminder to show that Allah forbisds us things which are noxious to ourselves.Show the consequences to that person.
But that person needs to have his or her own willpower to get out of it. In the end it all depends on his or her efforts input.

Pray for that brother or sister that he or she realises the harm done to the body

united
05-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Well im off to buy the oranges.:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!