PDA

View Full Version : Translation of 'Shahadah'



north_malaysian
05-16-2006, 08:38 AM
What is the translation of 'Shahadah' in your respective language.

"Aku naik saksi bahawa tiada Tuhan selain Allah, dan Aku naik saksi bahawa Nabi Muhammad itu Pesuruh Allah"
(Malay language):happy:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 04:17 PM
There is no god but God; Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Reply

yilanqinqin
09-29-2006, 01:30 AM
万(wàn) 物(wù) 非(fēi) 主(zhǔ), 唯(wéi) 有(yǒu) 真(zhēn) 主(zhǔ)。 穆(mù) 罕(hǎn) 默(mò) 德(dé) 是(shì) 真(zhēn) 主(zhǔ) 的(de) 使(shǐ) 者(zhě)。
Reply

Gulyarasi
09-29-2006, 03:11 AM
Şehadet ederim Allah'tan başka ilah yoktur, ve yine şehadet ederim ki Muhammed (sav) O'nun kulu ve rasülüdür... :)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
north_malaysian
09-29-2006, 03:27 AM
nice...
Reply

i_m_tipu
09-29-2006, 03:43 AM
Allaah sara onno kono illaah nai ebong Muhammad (SAW) Allaahor perito rasul. (Bangla)
Reply

Lina
10-02-2006, 09:46 PM
:sl:

Ik getuig dat er geen God is naast Allah en ik getuig dat Mohammed Zijn boodschapper is.
Reply

Skillganon
10-08-2006, 11:21 PM
How do you say it in Bangali (Syhleti dialect)?
Reply

Hisbul_Aziz
10-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Ilah Majiro Allah Moyaa Muhammad Na wa rasuulkes (Somali)
Reply

Al-Zaara
02-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Jag vittnar att det finns ingen Gud utom Allah och jag vittnar att Muhammed är Hans sändebud. (Swedish)

Todistan ettei ole muuta Jumalaa kuin Allah ja todistan että Muhammed on Hänen sanansaattajansa. (Finnish)

Besoj dhe deklaroj se ekziston vetëm një Zot – All-llahu dhe se Muhammedi është rob dhe i dërguar i Tij. (Albanian)
Reply

ژاله
02-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Allah ke siwa koi ibadat ke laiq nahin or Muhammad Sallallahu alaihe wasallam Allah ke rasul hain (URDU)
wassalam
Reply

Al-Zaara
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I forgot to add this one:

Ich bezeuge, dass es keinen Gott gibt außer (dem einzigen) Gott und Muhammed ist der Gesandte Gottes. (German)
Reply

duskiness
02-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm not Muslim but there are no Polish Muslims here... :)
Nie mam Boga prócz Boga (Allaha), a Muhammad jest jego Prorokiem
Reply

north_malaysian
02-12-2007, 01:42 AM
thanks... lots of thanks....
Reply

syilla
02-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by duskiness
I'm not Muslim but there are no Polish Muslims here... :)
Nie mam Boga prócz Boga (Allaha), a Muhammad jest jego Prorokiem
:eek:

oh my....i think u are a muslim now
Reply

duskiness
02-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by syilla
:eek:

oh my....i think u are a muslim now
LOL I really doubt that :)
Reply

mahdisoldier19
02-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
There is no god but God; Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Slightly wrong akhi ,

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God, and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Reply

Khalid1402
03-07-2007, 06:14 AM
:sl:

As a language-lover, I know the shahadah in a few languages masha Allah.

I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. (English for comparison)

Je témoigne qu'il n'y a pas de divinités sinon Allah et je témoigne que Mohammad est le messager d'Allah. (French)

Atestiguo que no hay más dios que Alá y atestiguo que Muhammad es el mensajero de Alá. (Spanish)

Testimonio che non c'è divinità se non Allàh e testimonio che Muhammad è il Messaggero d'Allàh. (Italian)

Declaro que não há outro deus além de Allah e declaro que Muhammad é mensageiro de Allah. (Portuguese)

一人の神様しか他に神はない、ムハンマドは神様の預言者だと宣言します。 (Japanese)

Hitori-no Kami-sama shika hoka-ni kami wa nai, Muhanmado wa Kami-sama no yokensha da to senden shimasu. (Japanese romanji)

I have used the word "Allah" (or the transliteration of Allah) to describe Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala in each shahadah, with the exception of Japanese, in which I used Kami-sama (which roughly translates to "The Great One-and-Only God) because this is the word Japanese Muslims commonly use when referring to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. I hope you have found this informative insha Allah.

:salamext:
Reply

north_malaysian
03-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Thanks Ya Khalid1402.... :D
Reply

mahdisoldier19
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Khalid1402
:sl:

As a language-lover, I know the shahadah in a few languages masha Allah.

I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. (English for comparison)

Je témoigne qu'il n'y a pas de divinités sinon Allah et je témoigne que Mohammad est le messager d'Allah. (French)

Atestiguo que no hay más dios que Alá y atestiguo que Muhammad es el mensajero de Alá. (Spanish)

Testimonio che non c'è divinità se non Allàh e testimonio che Muhammad è il Messaggero d'Allàh. (Italian)

Declaro que não há outro deus além de Allah e declaro que Muhammad é mensageiro de Allah. (Portuguese)

一人の神様しか他に神はない、ムハンマドは神様の預言者だと宣言します。 (Japanese)

Hitori-no Kami-sama shika hoka-ni kami wa nai, Muhanmado wa Kami-sama no yokensha da to senden shimasu. (Japanese romanji)

I have used the word "Allah" (or the transliteration of Allah) to describe Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala in each shahadah, with the exception of Japanese, in which I used Kami-sama (which roughly translates to "The Great One-and-Only God) because this is the word Japanese Muslims commonly use when referring to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. I hope you have found this informative insha Allah.

:salamext:
Slightly Wrong Akhi

I testy that None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and i testify that Muhammad sws is the messanger of Allah
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Allah'r sara aar kunu mabud nai, aar Muhhamad (saws) oile Allah'r nobi..
Reply

Khalid1402
03-08-2007, 04:12 AM
mahdisoldier19 said:

Slightly Wrong Akhi

I testy that None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and i testify that Muhammad sws is the messanger of Allah


:sl: brother. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala reward you for your efforts, but the Imams in my area have taught me the translation in this way:

ASH HADU = I TESTIFY/BEAR WITNESS/DECLARE
AN = THAT
LA = NO
ILAHA = GOD/DEITY
ILL = BUT
ALLAH = ALLAH (SWT)
WA = AND
ASH HADU = I TESTIFY/BEAR WITNESS/DECLARE
ANNA = THAT
MUHAMMAD = MUHAMMAD (SAWS)
AR RASULULLAH = THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (SWT)

Ash hadu anla ilaha ill Allah wa ash hadu anna Muhammadar Rasulullah
[I bear witness/testify/declare that there is no god/deity but Allah (SWT) and I bear witness/testify/declare that Muhammad (SAWS) is the Messenger of Allah (SWT)]

I have no doubt you can translate it in the way you described, but I don't think it is any more accurate than the translations you have seen on this site.

I should probably also mention that no translation will be as accurate as the Arabic, just as the Qur'an is perfect when recited in the language the Qur'an was revealed, but the translations are never perfect, although some may be good translations of the meanings.

:salamext:
Reply

mahdisoldier19
03-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by Khalid1402
mahdisoldier19 said:

Slightly Wrong Akhi

I testy that None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and i testify that Muhammad sws is the messanger of Allah


:sl: brother. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala reward you for your efforts, but the Imams in my area have taught me the translation in this way:

ASH HADU = I TESTIFY/BEAR WITNESS/DECLARE
AN = THAT
LA = NO
ILAHA = GOD/DEITY
ILL = BUT
ALLAH = ALLAH (SWT)
WA = AND
ASH HADU = I TESTIFY/BEAR WITNESS/DECLARE
ANNA = THAT
MUHAMMAD = MUHAMMAD (SAWS)
AR RASULULLAH = THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (SWT)

Ash hadu anla ilaha ill Allah wa ash hadu anna Muhammadar Rasulullah
[I bear witness/testify/declare that there is no god/deity but Allah (SWT) and I bear witness/testify/declare that Muhammad (SAWS) is the Messenger of Allah (SWT)]

I have no doubt you can translate it in the way you described, but I don't think it is any more accurate than the translations you have seen on this site.

I should probably also mention that no translation will be as accurate as the Arabic, just as the Qur'an is perfect when recited in the language the Qur'an was revealed, but the translations are never perfect, although some may be good translations of the meanings.

:salamext:
Diety i would agree with, Not God because the Pagans of Arabia believed in Allah swt. But they error ed in their worship, so by saying No God, it contradicts what the people of Arabia were doing. The people of Arabia worshiped the idols but believed in Allah. Therefore, it is proper to say None has the right to worshiped or No Diety has the right to be worshiped.

In that aspect i agree with you.
Reply

north_malaysian
03-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
Allah'r sara aar kunu mabud nai, aar Muhhamad (saws) oile Allah'r nobi..
In what language is that?
Reply

Talha777
03-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Allah ko beghar har bhagvan fraud hain, aur Muhammad (salallahu alaihi wa salam) Allah ka Rasool hain (urdu)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 06:30 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 06:29 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 07:17 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!