/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did The Prophet ever Kill?

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Salaam

This question has been ask on another fourm but I wasn't too sure about the answer so could someone answer this, jazzakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najiullah
05-16-2006, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

This question has been ask on another fourm but I wasn't too sure about the answer so could someone answer this, jazzakallah.
i dont know why people ask scuh questions????

anywaz bro i dont think so...............
i dont think its possible as he is Rehmat ul lil alameen ( sorry about the spelling );D

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 10:28 AM
the brother's right-why do people ask such questions?
the prophet (saw)was a walking talking quran and anything he did was by Allah's will and according to His laws.:w:

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
the brother's right-why do people ask such questions?
the prophet (saw)was a walking talking quran and anything he did was by Allah's will and according to His laws.:w:
Salaam

I'm talking about times in jihad the prophet participated and allah has allowed killing in situations but he tells us not to kill unjustly. It's good to know such things imagine you were ask this by a non-muslim what would you say.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I am not sure but during battles I think he(SAW) may have killed...
whatever he did he never did without good reason! once there were some evil prisoners and the prophet (saw) and the muslims did not know whether to kill them or what..
they discussed the matter and umer (r) said they should be killed but the porphet (SAW) and abu bakr were soft hearted and thought other wise.
then Allah revealed that He was angry because they should have been killed but since the muslims had done 'mashwara' (consultation) He had mercy on them.
what does this show about the prophet(SAW)'s character?!
what about what happened at 'ta'if'? he was stoned so badly and bleeding that his shoes were stuck in his sandals! even then what did he say? he(SAW) said ''O Allah forgive them! they do not know what they are doing..''

even when the angel of the mountains came and said whether he should crush the people of 'ta'if' between the mountains, the prophet (SAW) was so merciful he said no, perhaps from their offspring will become muslims..

:w:

Najiullah
05-16-2006, 10:41 AM
whatever he did he never did without good reason! once there were some evil prisoners ..........................................what does this show about the prophet(SAW)'s character?!
what about what happened at .................................................. ....

the prophet (SAW) was so merciful he said no, perhaps from their offspring will become muslims..

JazakALLAh i agree with you sister

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
LOL... nobody is disputing the character of the prophet Muhammad, we know that everything he ever did was from Allah. It is just a question of whether the he (SAW) ever killed anyone. To me it seems likeley in battle perhaps...
Salaam

Yeah were not questioning his character or intention just asking did he kill or not?

MetSudaisTwice
05-16-2006, 10:47 AM
salam
to win a battle are you not required to kill? you cant jus stand there with a sword in your hands and not use it
wasalam

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
to win a battle are you not required to kill? you cant jus stand there with a sword in your hands and not use it
wasalam
Salaam

So did he?

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
OK this is tricky business here-someone go call a scholar!

MetSudaisTwice
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
salam
allahu alam, if we dont know for sure, then why speculate?
wasalam

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
salam
wasalam
masha allah akhee, well said!:w:

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
salam
wasalam
Salaam

Gaining knowladge the question was put to me and I wasn't sure so I'd thought I'd ask on this fourm.

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Salaam

Gaining knowladge the question was put to me and I wasn't sure so I'd thought I'd ask on this fourm.
what metsudaistwice means to say is that if we don't know then we shouldn't say things. we need a scholar here who can give us the truth insha allah!

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
what metsudaistwice means to say is that if we don't know then we shouldn't say things. we need a scholar here who can give us the truth insha allah!
Salaam

I see, but I don't think we need a scholar just someone fimilar with certain battles that took place for example Badar and Uhud.

MetSudaisTwice
05-16-2006, 10:58 AM
salam
that is what i mean, it is safer and wiser to ask someone of ilm to answer your questions, rather than people speculating and misleadin intentionally or unintentionally
wasalam

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Salaam

I see, but I don't think we need a scholar just someone fimilar with certain battles that took place for example Badar and Uhud.
yes that can be supported with hadith insha allah.

Najiullah
05-16-2006, 10:59 AM
we need a scholar here who can give us the truth insha allah!
i cant find anything on net about this , yeah sis we really need a scholar here

MetSudaisTwice
05-16-2006, 11:02 AM
salam
imams and ulama's have studied islam and deen in depth, inshallah if you ask your local imam he will be able to tell you inshallah
wasalam

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
hey check this site out- ithink it may have some answers insha allah: http://www.muslimaccess.com/articles...et_bravery.asp

Najiullah
05-16-2006, 11:07 AM
check this bro

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503548440

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Salaam

Thanks for the link guys.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Salaam

:sl:
Here is a related thread reviewing some allegations against the Prophet saws:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...sinations.html

Also read this article:
http://www.load-islam.com/c/rebuttals/Misquoted

THe Prophet Muhammad pbuh only fought in battles against those who sought to destroy the Muslims. But in the battles, the only person who is said to have been killed directly by the Prophet pbuh is Ubay ibn Khalaf.

Ubay ibn Khalaf swore to kill the Prophet Muhammad pbuh after the Battle of Badr. News of this spread until it reached the Prophet Muhammad pbuh who said, "Nay, I shall kill him if Allâh wills." During the Battle of Uhud, Ubay came charging towards the Prophet dressed in full armor. The Prophet Muhammad pbuh took a spear and threw it at Ubay ibn Khalaf, knocking him off his horse yet without a visible wound. Ubay's friends came and found him droopng like a tired bull and asked, "What is ailing you? It is only a scratch!" But he reminded them of the Prophet's pledge to kill him, saying “By Allâh! If he hit me only with his spittle he would kill me! Did he not say 'I shall kill him'? By the One in Whose Hand is my soul! If the wound I just received were in the people of Dhûl-Majâz they would all die!" He died on his way to Makka. (Mustadarak Al-Hâkim, Dalâ'il al-Nubuwwa al-Bayhaqî, Tabaqât Ibn Sa`d, Zâd al-Ma`âd Ibn al-Qayyim).

kadafi
05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
:sl:

Yes, the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did. He fought hard in the battle of Badr. One should bear in mind that the Mushrikhs, who outnumbered the Muslims, specificially targeted the Prophet but the Prophet did not show any sign of fear for his supplication prior to the battle was answered by Allaah (Exalted is He).

Alee (may Allaah be pleased with him) has reported in a narration found in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad saying:

"I can see ourselves seeking shelter behind the Prophet on the day of Badr. He was the nearest to the enemy lines. That day he was the most fierce against them."
Al-Musnad, Shaykh Ahmed Shakeer said its chain is saheeh
It also says in another place of the narration,

"When the going got tough on that day, we sought refuge behind the Prophet for he was the strongest of the people. No one was nearer to the enemy lines than him
Al-Musnad, Shaykh Ahmed Shakeer said its chain is saheeh
Muslim reports that the Prophet told his companions:

"Let none of you move head of me towards the enemy lines." Muslim 3/1510
Imaam ibn Katheer said in Al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah:

He personally fought, and fought hard. And so did Aboo Bakr. The two were also of the most supplicating in the hut (prior to the fight). Then they came down, encouraged us to fight hard and themselves fought hard between the two points (which was the hut and the battle lines).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.