/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of Acting Upon Knowledge

Helena
05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
:sl:

The Importance of Acting Upon Knowledge

taken from the works of Khateeb al-Baghdaadee, rahmatullaahi 'alayhi.

Abdullah ibn Mas'ud : Learn, so when you have learnt , then act.

Sahl ibn 'Abdullah al-Fustaani : All the people are intoxicated except the scholars and all the scholars are confused except whoever acts according to his knowledge.

Yusuf ibn al Hunain : With good manners you understand the knowledge and with knowledge your actions are corrected and with the actions wisdom is obtained and with wisdom you understand zuhud (renunciation) and granted the benefit of it and with zuhud comes abandoning the world and with abandoning the world comes longing for the Hereafter and with longing for the Hereafter the Pleasure of Allah Azzawajal is obtained.

Abu Darda : I am not afraid that it will be said to me: "Oh Aamir what have you learned?", but I am more concerned that it will be said to me: "Oh Aamir, what have you done with what you have learned!"

Ata reported : There was a youth who used to come to the Mother of the Believers (radiallahu-anha) from time to time and ask her and she would narrate to him. So one day he came to her and asked her, so she said: "Oh my son, have you acted yet upon what you have heard from me?" So he said: "No by Allah, Oh my mother ", so she said : " Oh my son, then why do you seek increase in Allah's proof against us and against you."

Fudayl ibn Ayyad : As for hadeeth, it is better that a man does not hear it than that he hears it and does not act upon it.

Sufyaan ath-Thawree : Would that I had not written down knowledge and would that I would be saved from my knowledge so that it would be even, neither against me nor for me.

Ash-Sha'bee : Indeed we are not the scholars but we have heard hadeeth so we have reported them. For the scholars are those who when they know, they act.

"Verily the Hour is coming, My design is to keep it hidden, for every soul to recieve its reward by the measure of its endeavour. Therefore let not such as believe not therein but follow their own lusts, divert thee therefrom, lest thou perish!" [Surah Tá-Há:15-16]

any thoughts inshalah....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seek.learn
05-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

JazakAllah for sharing. It is very true.

May Allah forgive us and guide us all. Aameen.
Alaikum Salaam

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 01:16 PM
exactly... what's the whole point of knowledge if you don't act upon it? it becomes useless..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.