/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

dishdash
05-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Seeing as you have taken the step of banning all images of humans, I suggest you let people know exactly WHY that is, and the Islamic reasoning behind the move...

I look forward to seeing it stated clearly and unambiguously.

Wa salaam
dd

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dishdash
05-19-2006, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
:sl:

Admin Ansar sed :
Ahhh - so you are saying that photographs and/or images ARE completely Islamically acceptable?

Mohsin
05-19-2006, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Ahhh - so you are saying that photographs and/or images ARE completely Islamically acceptable?

yeah in the bros section when the thread started on showing our pics, someone posted a fatwa showing its allowed

dishdash
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moss
yeah in the bros section when the thread started on showing our pics, someone posted a fatwa showing its allowed
Is this a universally accepted fatwa? I won't be joining the brothers section, so if you could post it out here, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohsin
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Is this a universally accepted fatwa? I won't be joining the brothers section, so if you could post it out here, I'd appreciate it.

Come bro join.

No its not a universally accepted fatwa. There is definitely differnce of opinion, and from what i have read majority of scholars of all schools of thought say its not allowed. The moderator Muhammed shared this opinion, and so didn't post his pic.

Mohsin
05-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Br SirZubair's avatar was one clear example.
what was his avatar, he's had so many. could you describe it to refresh my memory plz?

x Maz x
05-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Abu Talhah reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
Angels do not enter the house in which there is a dog or picture [Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn 'Umar related that the Prophet [Pbuh] said: Those who make pictures will be chatisised on the Day of Judgment, and it will be said to them, "Now put life in that which you have made" [Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

That of any relevance? Peace x

Muhammad
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM

We don't really want to turn this thread into a discussion on whether or not pictures are allowed in Islam, in accordance with Forum Rule #12 about Fiqh issues.

The pictures were not removed on the basis of the Islamic view regarding images, but rather they were removed to prevent various other problems, such as people posting pictures of themselves, or pictures going against other Islamic principles.

Br. Zubair's avatar was simply an outline of a human, and we removed all such avatars to close any loopholes.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and we hope you will understand our actions Insha'Allaah.

:w:

dishdash
05-19-2006, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=zAk;317963]did i say tht ?
NO.
neither did Ansar sed.

by...it simply means... not all pictures cause fitnah...
n not all pictures go against islam.
QUOTE]

Is the child praying in the LI Islamic Forum masthead at the top of every page OK then? Did my avatar of James Brown cause fitna? If so, could you tell me how?

Does Tasneem's cause fitna?

Are cartoons ok?

Is James Brown fitna, but an Israeli flag being burned - that's not?

did i say tht ?
now dont ask me to show u examples.
we hv had enuf.
Are you saying just accept and do not question?

did i say tht ?
Br SirZubair's avatar was one clear example.

but we still had to disallow all... to stop any loopholes appearing frm it.
Hardly clear - it's been deleted...

Other forums simply rely on their administrators making a call on an individual basis or responding to complaints. Are you lacking in admin firepower? Would you like Amoo Dishdash to do some admin for you?

x Maz x
05-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh teek, Yup thats okey dokey kaeroky InshAllah all the other users will understand Peace! x

Mohsin
05-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Lets not forget the hard work the admins and mods put in to here. We should respect their decision and trust that they have done it for the best reasons

ISDhillon
05-19-2006, 01:38 PM
all the pics are boring now

Muhammad
05-19-2006, 01:48 PM

Is the child praying in the LI Islamic Forum masthead at the top of every page OK then?
That's a different issue.
Did my avatar of James Brown cause fitna? If so, could you tell me how?

Does Tasneem's cause fitna?
It was said that:
not all pictures cause fitnah
Are cartoons ok?
Not of human images.

Is James Brown fitna, but an Israeli flag being burned - that's not?
At the moment, we have cracked down on human images. If we see something else that is inappropriate, we shall take the necessary action Insha'Allaah.

Are you saying just accept and do not question?
I don't think there is much to question, considering the clear explanation that was given.

Hardly clear - it's been deleted...
I described it above.

Other forums simply rely on their administrators making a call on an individual basis or responding to complaints.
We do this aswell, but we thought it would help if members can cooperate with rules set in advance. Neither do we have the time to check each and every avatar.

Are you lacking in admin firepower?
I don't think so, no.

Would you like Amoo Dishdash to do some admin for you?
If the need arises, we shall let you know.

x Maz x
05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
C'mon cyber friends give the mods a break, it was for the best...Give em a break and stop complaining InshAllah << i do realise by posting this i am complaining myself but ah well lol...Peace! x

MetSudaisTwice
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
salam
can anyone tell me why my avatar pic would cause fitnah? or why it is wrong to be an avatar?
wasalam

Mohsin
05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
can anyone tell me why my avatar pic would cause fitnah? or why it is wrong to be an avatar?
wasalam

bro they've expalined. It doesn't cause fgitna, tahts not the reason its been removed. They just don't want to leave any loopholes.

Muhammad
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM

I must say again, that:

not all pictures cause fitnah
Any further enquiries can be dealt with via pm Insha'Allaah.

Jazakallahu Khayr,

:threadclo

Far7an
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
wasalam
Wa alaikum asalaam

How many times you gonna ask? Who said it was removed because it was causing fitna? Or was it your intention to cause fitnah with your pose? And it was wrong because it's against the rules.

Khaldun
05-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Im sorry for the inconveniance caused, inshAllah this is for the greater good you might not realise it now but perhaps soon you will.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.