/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

Z
05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Salaam.

Is there a chance that an entertainment forum can be created for discussion? Included can be things likes movie that educate you, tv shows that educate you, magazines and annuals that educate you etc. The General forum is too broad a forum, and saying that I think the entire board needs a whole new makeover. The forums need to be split and not left as chunks which will cover like a million subjects.

Anyway I think it would be a great addition, and I'm sure most people will use the new forum and will appreciate it too. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, throw 'em in.

I do hope we can have one created.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
:sl:

Good Idea, aslong as there no fitnah being discussed then I don't see a problem and I'm all for it.

Mohsin
05-19-2006, 07:32 PM

I don't think it's a good idea. It leaves it too prone to haraam being discussed. Eventually someone will sidetrack and start talking about Friends or Eastenders or something

cleo
05-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I think it is a wonderful idea, you can never get to educated in a world with so much dis-information out there...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
05-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Right, well there will be topics created on certain shows/movies/publications etc, and those who are not approved will be removed.

The topics which start off with a good discussion and can see more beneficial discussion to come can be left alone and like with normal procedure, if the topics start to get off-track, the moderators can come in with their wands and clean up and take the action needed against those members.

I can already think of two discussions that go on. The Da Vinci Code (movie and book) and United 93. Also Spike Lee's Inside Man which has a strong view on certain movements and rascism.

Andaraawus
05-24-2006, 04:05 PM
it sounds cool

Halima
05-24-2006, 05:40 PM

Instead of making the whole general forum an entertainment forum..we need to make a mini category inside the general section that talks about your entertainment..plays ..shows whatever.

We can always transition forums into something direct..for example, the basics of Islam..as you can see there are 2 sections in there all of which are mainly in-depth. Why not do that with the general section?

I think it would take a long time and so much stress to give this huge forum an entire makeover..why not just go small by small and then eventually make the direct and down to earth sections instead of is being broad..nevertheless I do agree with you..general section is indeed too broad.

:w:

Halima
05-24-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^can u translate tht to english ? :uhwhat
plz

nah..rather I translate it to urdu so u can understand better..urduish? :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.