/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pure Maths Ruining My Life!!!!!

Bittersteel
05-20-2006, 04:23 PM
well it is and it will be.Is it really needed?I mean if I fail this term in the exams they won't let me continue the subject.
and I am not doing good in Physics either ,so I won't probably become an engineer,or even a computer programmer.damn!:grumbling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-20-2006, 04:24 PM
salam.
bro you need Maths for everthing you need to chill out and don't stress your self. :)
w.salam

x Maz x
05-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Make du'aa brother...Allah gives to whom He wills and limits whom He wills...whatever the outcome always remember EVERYTHING good & bad is from Allah [SWT]...Just put the mehnat in now and InshAllah it wil pay of later WalaykumAsalaam x

Ghazi
05-20-2006, 04:27 PM
:sl:

I seriously hate Maths with a passion, you won't believe even islamic universities are asking you to do maths know tell me this what has maths got to do with islamic knowladge.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
05-20-2006, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I seriously hate Maths with a passion, you won't believe even islamic universities are asking you to do maths know tell me this what has maths got to do with islamic knowladge.
salam.
bro you need it though in life :happy:
w.salam

Ghazi
05-20-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
bro you need it though in life :happy:
w.salam

Yes, but not in islamic studies don't have clue why the uni in medinah have it in their entrance exam.

united
05-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Maths is a JOY!

Kittygyal
05-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Yes, but not in islamic studies don't have clue why the uni in medinah have it in their entrance exam.
salam.
well bro i don't know about islamic studies thus i do know Maths is very needy later on and also IF you didn't know Maths then how will you know the score and also think about this IF you was set an exam and you didn't know Maths then thats is a pity shame cause in daily bacis you need it and it helps you wnhe you do shopping :p
do you live in Medinah or somet?, cause in the UK its totally different am sure it is cause the Major problems that students have is doing Algebra but then again always look at the bright side :)

may i ask don'y you need it in islamic studies to know the BC's:rollseyes :? (just wondering)
w.salam

seeker_of_ilm
05-20-2006, 04:56 PM

What are you finding hard about maths? Maths is fairly straightforward boring but straightforward just do all the past papers learn the methods in the model solutions and you should should find it easy inshallah

czgibson
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
well it is and it will be.Is it really needed?I mean if I fail this term in the exams they won't let me continue the subject.
and I am not doing good in Physics either ,so I won't probably become an engineer,or even a computer programmer.damn!:grumbling
I found Pure Maths utterly impossible at school - you're not alone!

I'm sure some of the other members who find it easy will be able to help you.

Peace

united
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
What exactly are you finding difficult. I can try and help.

Woodrow
05-20-2006, 05:44 PM
A genuine math hater here too. Strange thing is every career I ended up in was very dependant upon math. One thing I did find is that although I did very poorly in grade school math, when I got into college I excelled in the theoretical maths such as non-euclidean geometry etc. I then learned to take a few of the elective math courses actually enjoyed them and believe it or not conventional math suddenly made sense. I did end up with at least a working knowledge of trigonometry and calculus.

Yep, you do need math skills in every area. Including the humanities, arts and philosophy. Now, about Math in Islam? Try to convert the Hirj Calender into Gregorian dates on your own without using math. Calculate the exact time and date and length of Ramadam without using some math skills. I could list more, but I'm too lazy to do the math right now.

glo
05-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Knitting ... you can't do knitting without maths!! I tell you!!
(I hope this encourages you) :giggling:

Peace.

chacha_jalebi
05-20-2006, 06:36 PM
:p bro it realy depends on wot u wan do in future, lik u wan b a computer engineer, den u probly need sum sorta ICT, thin,

n 4get maths lol i failed gcse maths 3 times :-[ den i finally got a C :p lol bro jus get a C den u sorted!! :) inshallah

Munda Pakistani
05-20-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by united
Maths is a JOY!
The most sensible post in this thread by far. :)

Calculus and a Coke - bliss. :brother:

Ghazi
05-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Lets just say inshallah in my future career I won't need maths but fitness yes and alot of courage.

seeker_of_ilm
05-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Lets just say inshallah in my future career I won't need maths but fitness yes and alot of courage.

I'm sure you'll need maths in that as well

Lateralus63
05-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I hated pure maths as well. So i dropped it. Quite simple really.

glo
05-20-2006, 07:37 PM

What are you planning for your future then?

united
05-20-2006, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Munda Pakistani
The most sensible post in this thread by far. :)

Calculus and a Coke - bliss. :brother:
and dont forget trig :)

Ghazi
05-20-2006, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What are you planning for your future then?

Allah knows best

glo
05-20-2006, 07:44 PM

Allah knows best
I meant career-wise. You seemed to have some clear ideas ...

Ghazi
05-20-2006, 07:47 PM
I meant career-wise. You seemed to have some clear ideas ...

An Imam or something.

Muhammad
05-20-2006, 07:48 PM

Perhaps maths is favoured by many courses due to the fact that it demonstrates a mental capacity or an ability to think things through, rather than it actually being applied in the literal sense in that subject.

Check out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...cs-corner.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...s-physics.html

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-20-2006, 07:55 PM

Frankly, math is scary.

glo
05-20-2006, 07:58 PM

An Imam or something.
Do you specifically need fitness and courage to be an Imam?

Ghazi
05-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Do you specifically need fitness and courage to be an Imam?

Not really.

glo
05-20-2006, 08:05 PM

Not really.
Nothing wrong with being fit and courageous though! :)
Perhaps you could help beat the priests in the annual imams vs priests football game! ;D (only joking!)

Peace.

Woodrow
05-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Nothing wrong with being fit and courageous though! :)
Perhaps you could help beat the priests in the annual imams vs priests football game! ;D (only joking!)

Peace.
I must be having a case of the sillies today. Your post cracked me up, and I was drinking coffee when I read. Now, please wipe off my monitor.

glo
05-20-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I must be having a case of the sillies today. Your post cracked me up, and I was drinking coffee when I read. Now, please wipe off my monitor.
Here's a tissue ... ;D

There is a post here somewhere about the beforementioned football game. It really happened, you know.
And may I mention - without any gloating, of course - that apparently the priests won 12:0!!
That's why I thought I should get islam-truth on the case ... :)

Peace.

muslim_friend
05-21-2006, 02:28 AM
They've simply gotto make math more interesting man!! :grumbling

Bittersteel
05-21-2006, 03:40 AM
like 2 beautiful girls + 2 beautiful girls =4 beautiful girls.
I am talking about Pure Maths.AP/GP stuff like that.

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Nah the theoretical math is more interesting no absolute answers

NJUSA
05-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Ahh, I love music school! Nary a math class required, and even the ten thousand classes in traditional theory, harmony, and composition are endurable because they make some sort of sense!

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 05:55 AM
I just recalled in my high school year book the title under my picture was

"MATH!!!!!" A tool invented by the devil

muzna
05-21-2006, 09:40 AM
pure maths is actually quite easy as compared to mechanics..however if you're finding it tough and need to do maths as a requirement for something, you could try statistics, heard its really easy..but really boring..
i hated the matrices and sets part of pure maths...

seeker_of_ilm
05-21-2006, 12:38 PM

Speaking of Pure maths....I got pure maths exams tomorrow (AS) So inshallah make dua for me.

muzna
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
which units are you doing..insha Allah..you will do fine

seeker_of_ilm
05-21-2006, 01:15 PM

C1 and C2....retaking C1 because got a C first time round...and wanna push it up...and this time I'm revising...even if it is on the last day

muzna
05-21-2006, 01:19 PM
the system of pure maths is different there huh...we had P1, P2, P3. my fav was P2.
may Allah guide you through your papers

seeker_of_ilm
05-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Had my C1 and C2 exams today. C2 was pretty easy....but this years C1 was a killer! Everyone walked out from that exam saying C1 was so hard

Hijaabi22
05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I KNOW THE FEELIN MAN pure maths :heated:

05-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey how come every1 hates maths? I like learning different ways of solving things. But the exams just get on my nerves. I wish u didn't have to have qualifications for everything...

muzna
05-22-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
Had my C1 and C2 exams today. C2 was pretty easy....but this years C1 was a killer! Everyone walked out from that exam saying C1 was so hard
wow..our pure maths 1 was the easiest...almost everyone got 100 for that...things are really diff now..

05-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Same here - i've just done those same exams. I couldn't get question 7 (the last one) for C1. I think i got it all muddled up :grumbling I dunno what to do!

IceQueen~
05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
why did the brother choose maths if he hates it..?

seeker_of_ilm
05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
Same here - i've just done those same exams. I couldn't get question 7 (the last one) for C1. I think i got it all muddled up :grumbling I dunno what to do!
What exam board were you doing? Because in Edexcel C1, the last question was 11

seeker_of_ilm
05-22-2006, 02:14 PM

I don't think I COMPLETELY messed this exam up, but I doubt I'm gonna get the grades for the course I want to do :(

Bittersteel
05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
why did the brother choose maths if he hates it..?
coz he might need it for higher studies.
hang on do I need Pure Maths for computer studies?

05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
What exam board were you doing? Because in Edexcel C1, the last question was 11
Oh - i'm doing AQA.

Allahs_slave
05-22-2006, 03:42 PM
salamz

:| I STUDY ENGINEERING, SO ITS LIKE WE BREATHE MATH LOL .. we use it evvvery single day... so if you hate it .. why do you wanna become an engineer? even programming .. most of the codes ull be learning in uni will involve math! .. my advice to you .. learn to love math and enjoy it !!! .. also practice alot .. practice makes good :| ...

u will be in my dua's n prayers inshalla :) ..

gud luck :D ..

ur brother ahmad

minime7
05-24-2006, 06:39 PM
oh brother my heart goes out to you i know exactly how you feel i went through the same thing last year and i drpped it after i got an E (1mark from a D) i was chuffed with that! but don't drop out like me thats the cowards way out, stay persistent believe me it may be hard but its worth it to say you passe pure its the most difficult subject ever and when you succeed in that it feels great. and besides don't worry look at it this way its not the end of all is it its not your life is it? and also there are so many other ways you can get into that job you really want (apprenticships, training, courses or even start off as a skivvy if thats the job you really want nothing will stop you getting it!)

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allahs_slave
salamz

:| I STUDY ENGINEERING, SO ITS LIKE WE BREATHE MATH LOL .. we use it evvvery single day... so if you hate it .. why do you wanna become an engineer? even programming .. most of the codes ull be learning in uni will involve math! .. my advice to you .. learn to love math and enjoy it !!! .. also practice alot .. practice makes good :| ...

u will be in my dua's n prayers inshalla :) ..

gud luck :D ..

ur brother ahmad
soo tru :lol:

post ur questions if u need help inshalah :) btw i think math at uni altho its way more advanced... there's alot of support and its actually much easier 2 get ur head around compared 2 high school.... dunno why

maybe coz at uni they focus alot on proving theorems n stuff...

whether u get good mark or not is diff story... bloody internals and tutorial attendence :grumbling:

salams

Hijaabi22
11-18-2006, 07:05 PM
and I am not doing good in Physics either ,so I won't probably become an engineer,or even a computer programmer.****!:grumbling
yep pure maths ruyined my life too until i QUIT n dropped da subjject, best thing i ever did,

Aisha20
11-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Moi hate maths too :-\

lolwatever
11-19-2006, 12:56 AM
:lol: then askkkk if u need help :D

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
salam

whats 1 +1...done maths 2yrs back cant remember can u help me out here...lo. JOKIN:D:D:D

puure maths it soound soo cool i think if i was clever i would haave so done it..!!!:D:D:D

wasalam

lolwatever
11-19-2006, 01:04 AM
^ no one isn't clever sis,

infact one of my teachers told me math is the verything that everyone has equal capacity in.

Problems occur coz ppl have troubles with the basics..... i don't claim to be very godo at math, but i certainly became better the year before college when i re-learnt my basics (fractions, surds n stuff).... coz really das all math is about... manipulating numbers :D

take carea ll the best
salams

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
salam

yeeh i guess thats true!!!1..mashaAllah well said...
basics i still find trouble with fractions lol...no joke...n basics stuff am kinda oppostie lol...n wit all hard stuff like phythagoras,triggs,them cirlce angle thingzz n algebra it what i loved about maths!!!:D:D:D..oh well no more maths for me....

wasalam

lolwatever
11-19-2006, 01:09 AM
^ das normal sis, just ask if u got troubles, do alot of excercises with fracs n stuff... if u got trouble with trigs n pythag let us know we'll help inshalah.

take care all the best!
salams

Sum-Muslim-Gal
11-19-2006, 01:12 AM
salam

no trouble with triggs n pyhags....

its k bro i dont do maths!!!1:D:D:D::D

i dont i'll be needing it any more...i think..

thanks if i do need maths then i knw were to look:D:D:D:D:D

wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
and I am not doing good in Physics either ,so I won't probably become an engineer,or even a computer programmer.****!:grumbling
I can advise you to buy a CGP Matheamtics revision Guide. They are very easy to follow!
With regards to your exams and not becoming a computer programmer etc. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Various Universities provide a foundation Physics course and that leads to degree level physics-onwards. If you don't do well in the A Levels, apply for the Foundation degree courses. Its no harm because ONCE you have completed the foundation course, you can then apply to a VERY GOOD University. Hence, a better chance to get into a good uni because the foundation course provides experience too!

Everyway you look...you are not at loss!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.