/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About Judging others: - quote - From non-Islamic text - inspirational

babagrr
05-20-2006, 07:29 PM
A man should not act as a judge either for someone he loves or for someone he hates. For no man can see the guilt of someone he loves or the good qualities in someone he hates.

- Babylonian Talmud, tractate Ketubbot

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-20-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by babagrr
A man should not act as a judge either for someone he loves or for someone he hates. For no man can see the guilt of someone he loves or the good qualities in someone he hates.

- Babylonian Talmud, tractate Ketubbot
Interesting.
The New Testament says a similar thing:
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." (Luke 6:37)

It particularly tells us not to judge non-believers:
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? (1Corinthians 5:12)

Peace.

babagrr
05-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi there

I'm sure we will find many sayings across the spectrum that will gring us to the same conclusion. And I am glad you shared those quotations with me for it surely doesn't invalidate them just because it's from a different source.

I may be Muslim but, Proverbs is one of my favourite texts.

I've been called many things because of me reading and quoting it but, see the worry in my eyes.

I'm but a simpleton and do not bother about pretending. Personally, I would rather be called many things than doing the things that some of those self-appointed gardians of truth and perfect religion does.

Deviating a bit; sorry about that.
Let me just conclude.
I find that people love to suppress enquiring minds; not only on the internet but, also in our institutions of higher learning.
Then they want to know why this and that?

Anyway, before my post upsets some people, take care and keep on glowing!
Peace

glo
05-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Peace, Babagrr!
(What kid of name is that?! :rollseyes )

Thank you for your post.
I like the wisdom of Proverbs, too - although the Psalms speak more to my heart.

You sound like a well-read guy. My husband is like that. He knows all sorts of things about all sorts of religions ... unfortunately he doesn't believe any of it! :?

Anyway, just wanted to reply to your post ...

Blessings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
babagrr
05-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi there

It is indeed sad that many people were well-aware of many truths but, never got down to electing to follow any way.
It sounds as if it is an issue of contention that he doesn't believe anything in particular.
But, let's not judge him either. LOL

Let's pray for him so that God may direct him according to His will.

The NicName? Well now, that's a tricky one.

I once visited a friend of mine whom had a little girl of perhaps three years old.
I don't know what it is about small children and older people but, even though I am blind, they seem to feel affiliated with me in some respect.
Anyway, whenever I visited my friend this little girl would insist on me picking her up. She would then go "Baba" Pause; and then some weird, gucheral (baby-language) style noise.
Normal big people wouldn't understand it and would most probably get annoyed by this and english seem to fail in representing that "GRR" noise.

So, since then, till date, she'd call me BabaGrr.

Hope this answers your question.

Let me finish by quoting some Chinese guy: Sorry, he wasn't Muslim and I don't have a chain of narrators and even if I did, I'm sure most of the narators would've failed some test or the other. I just want to get the message across, ok?

Anyway, he said:
You can only judge the character of a person by looking at how he treat those from whom he cannot benefit.
So, if I had something that someone really wanted; or I could do something, make special arrangements regarding certain issues, many things would've been overlooked.
Just a thought.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and remember, don't judge others. "Unless you're looking at how they treat those from whom they cannot benefit" LOL

x Maz x
05-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Verily Allah alone is to judge a soul as He is All-Aware of what is concealed in his heart Peace and blessings x

chacha_jalebi
05-20-2006, 09:18 PM
:) salamm

yesh 1 of his 99 names al Fattah = the jugde, the opener, the reliever!!

but its still surprising how many muslims start judging other muslims, like if someone wants to learn islam, they will jugde them by saying "you dont have enough knowlegde to discuss this" WELL LET THEM DISCUSS IT & SEE IF THEY DO!!! :p

also we have many brothers & sisters judging people for different reasons, ya shouldnt do that, cos Allah (swt) is the jugde!!!

x Maz x
05-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Akhi whats happened to your boycotting of slang? tsk your a shame on the more posh of us lol...Nah jokes I hear ya though its sad...very InshAllah we all take heed WalaykumAsalaam Peace and Blessings x

chacha_jalebi
05-20-2006, 09:21 PM
dat wasnt slang lol, just some personal feelings lol

im still part of d anti slang union:)

glo
05-20-2006, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by babagrr
The NicName? Well now, that's a tricky one.

I once visited a friend of mine whom had a little girl of perhaps three years old.
I don't know what it is about small children and older people but, even though I am blind, they seem to feel affiliated with me in some respect.
Anyway, whenever I visited my friend this little girl would insist on me picking her up. She would then go "Baba" Pause; and then some weird, gucheral (baby-language) style noise.
Normal big people wouldn't understand it and would most probably get annoyed by this and english seem to fail in representing that "GRR" noise.
So, since then, till date, she'd call me BabaGrr.
Thanks for sharing that story! Now your nick name makes a lot of sense! :statisfie

Anyway, he said:
You can only judge the character of a person by looking at how he treat those from whom he cannot benefit.
Wow! That sounds profound! I'll have to think about that one for a while ... perhaps it's too late in the evening for me ... :? :giggling:

Blessings.

babagrr
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey there

Don't worry, "LOL"!

I won't judge you for using slang or for going a little off-topic.
And I agree: We should just let people make mistakes, learn and grow by themselves.

I still learn all the time and don't think that I know it all.

But, to be honest, it really annoy me if people act like they know it all.

Sometimes, if we do not know the answer, it is better to be quiet or to then admit that you don't know the answer and that you'd find out or do some research.

But, please, pwitty pease! Do not give an answer just to look smart and do not be deceitful.

If you're not here to benefit from the forum or learn, get out.
If anyone is here just to hunt others down, to confuse or distract them, you will be exposed.

I guess it's easier to be a hypocrite on the internet than what it was during the days of our noble Prophet, PBUH.

Anyway, let's stick to the judge issue.
Take care and don't judge me! LOL

babagrr
05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thanks for sharing that story! Now your nick name makes a lot of sense! :statisfie

Glad that you can now associate something with that weird, BabaGRRRR noise.

Wow! That sounds profound! I'll have to think about that one for a while ... perhaps it's too late in the evening for me ... :? :giggling:

Blessings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.