/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Double posting

Fishman
05-21-2006, 12:57 PM
:sl:
When is double posting allowed? I've seen members post four times in a row without anything happening to them.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
05-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam

If it's reported or a moderator notices it, the posts will be merged. We do occasionaly miss these things.

glo
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi Fishman

I have just searched the forum guidelines on this - but I cannot find anything specific on double posts.
What made you think it was not allowed? :?
Perhaps I have missed it ...

Peace.

Fishman
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Wa alaikum asalaam

If it's reported or a moderator notices it, the posts will be merged. We do occasionaly miss these things.
Does it get you in trouble if you don't post any stupid spam in the post?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-21-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Wa alaikum asalaam

I think Fishman means if one person posts several post in a row (in one thread) - which I have just done (unless one of you posted whilst am typing this ...)

- Qatada -
05-21-2006, 01:06 PM
:salamext:

You won't get in trouble if you're not doing it intentionally insha'Allaah. It only gets annoying when a person does it repeatedly to annoy others, or to advertise a site etc.

glo
05-21-2006, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

You won't get in trouble if you're not doing it intentionally insha'Allaah. It only gets annoying when a person does it repeatedly to annoy others, or to advertise a site etc.
What about people who just like to talk to themselves?? :giggling:

Actually, I think it happens quite easily. For example, if I read through a long thread, and then reply to individual posts as I am reading through ... I can easily accumulate several consecutive posts, all relating to different posts in the thread ...

Peace.
(Still raining!) :rant:

Fishman
05-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I can't edit my posts yet, so if I post my message and realise I need to add something, I have to DP.

OFF TOPIC: Glo, why don't you talk to me in my reversion topic anymore? I felt supported by everyone's posts, but you've all gone :(.

glo
05-21-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
OFF TOPIC: Glo, why don't you talk to me in my reversion topic anymore? I felt supported by everyone's posts, but you've all gone :(.
Sorry, Fishman, I didn't mean to neglect you. :rollseyes
I just thought you had come in need of Muslim friendship and advice. Once the posts started rolling I withdrew. After all, some of those posters share your age, gender and faith ... in contrast to me, who shares none of those.
But since you are asking, let me come over and see what's going on! :)

Peace.

Fishman
05-21-2006, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Sorry, Fishman, I didn't mean to neglect you. :rollseyes
I just thought you had come in need of Muslim friendship and advice. Once the posts started rolling I withdrew. After all, some of those posters share your age, gender and faith ... in contrast to me, who shares none of those.
But since you are asking, let me come over and see what's going on! :)

Peace.
Well, I prefer talking to someone about a really important part of my life, than talking to someone in a rather useless debate about Harun Yahya. And nobody is talking in my reversion topic anymore except you and me now. They all seemed to have stopped going.

glo
05-21-2006, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Well, I prefer talking to someone about a really important part of my life, than talking to someone in a rather useless debate about Harun Yahya. And nobody is talking in my reversion topic anymore except you and me now. They all seemed to have stopped going.
Don't worry, it seems to get a little quieter here at the weekend. It may pick up again tomorrow. :)
I will have to log off soon as well. :X

Hope you won't get bored on your own.

Peace.

- Qatada -
05-21-2006, 02:29 PM

Just check out the basics of islam section out and try to get some good info into your head insha'Allaah.

And remember that Islam only comes from two sources; the Qur'an - the word of Allaah Almighty, and the Sunnah (life and ways) of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him.) :)

Peace.

Fishman
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Don't worry, it seems to get a little quieter here at the weekend. It may pick up again tomorrow. :)
I will have to log off soon as well. :X

Hope you won't get bored on your own.

Peace.
I'm at school tomorrow from 8:25 to 3:00. Insha'Allaah I'll get some good posts whilst I'm away.

Do any of the people who run the forums know if this one can draw a line through a word? I normally do it like [s]this[s/] on another forum.

Muhammad
05-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Hello Fishman,

If you need to edit a post, you can contact a staff member, or even if you double post, then we often merge the two when we notice them.

^ I haven't seen that done here, so I don't think we can. In what situation would you want to do that?

Fishman
05-21-2006, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Hello Fishman,

If you need to edit a post, you can contact a staff member, or even if you double post, then we often merge the two when we notice them.

^ I haven't seen that done here, so I don't think we can. In what situation would you want to do that?
Okay, thanks!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.