/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How you find it? GCSE pupils!

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Yo AsalaamuAlaykum, Hope ya'll in the best of Iman and Health,
Well fellow companions how was the Literature Exam? Just a general question...
How you find it? What tier you do? do you think it was relatively easy?
OO OO and if anyone did Of Mice and Men what characters did you choose to compare? considering you did do that question...
Love to hear feedback, Peace and stay Blessed ya'll x

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Oooh i did that last year! I smacked the first exam, but i had the flu on the second Islam. I don't know how it feels like to be high, but that must be it. Over all i got a B... grrr.
:w:

786rani
05-23-2006, 03:56 PM
we studied of mice and men. i'm not doing my GCSE's ye though *thank god* i compared lennie and goerge. what did u think of the book? i thought it was really good.
rani

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah i liked OMAM. It was cool... lol Lenny was so adorably simple minded.
:W:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
786rani
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
so sweet and innocent. i think george was great too. he had to take cae of him in trivial things. i don't think i could have done it.
rani

Sunflower
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
yeah i did it last year and did ok of mice n men...my sis did her exam today and thought it was easy peasy....yeah rite!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Lol. You know I read it a year before we had to study it in class... for fun!

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Aww he was so stupid, reminds me of myself, Yuh i guess it was alright but got me vex wit all the things we had to learnt :'(...Screw the exam board lol...Peace x

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 04:01 PM
lol sis

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
It was aight, nuin to special, poetry smacked it thought...I opened the first page and nearly had heart attack then i reliased it was the wrong questionn and section *eyes rolly* Peace x

Starseeker
05-23-2006, 04:04 PM
I thought that it was alright but i guess I'll find out when i get my results!

Just want to ask all of the people that did the of Mice and Men today what Question they choose. 6 or 7???

I chose 6 where you had to compare two Imporatant place but I'm the only person that i know who chose that. Everyone else choose that i know chose 7 where you had to compare the characters.

So SOMEBODY make me feel better abouit myself and tell me that they compared question 6!!

786rani
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
i hated the ending of the story cos i really wanted them in their nice house with candy.:'( :'( :'(
rani

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM

Okey fine you had your plesure time to break it to ya...........................I done Q7 :p Peace Out x

Starseeker
05-23-2006, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Okey fine you had your plesure time to break it to ya...........................I done Q7 :p Peace Out x
Ha Ha not funny!

What did you compare on the poetry???
I did question 21 on the Heaney and Clarke. The one where you had to compare storm on the Island with I love to see the summer. And then for part be when you choose any two poems I did Patrolling Barnegat and The field mouse.

And this time you can't make me feel bad about choosing the wrong question because I know at least of three other people who choose to compare the same poems and about 50 others that I talked to and did the same question as me.

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I werent intending to...my soul purpose in life isnt to make you feel bad...Yeesh the worl dont revolve around you LOL...sister onlyyyy messing, really really i swear down lol...Nah i done 'Digging' by Heany and compared it with The little boy lost/found Peace x

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
i hated the ending of the story cos i really wanted them in their nice house with candy.:'( :'( :'(
rani
Chillax its a fictional tale :)...I dont like George he evil knielvel...Peace x

Starseeker
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I just couldn't wait for the book to end. I laughed when Lennie got shot in the film.

Anyone sitting R.E tomorrow??

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:20 PM
You laughed?? How could you, so light hearted, it left me traumatised, every day i wake up and remember his dumb big head getting shot :'(...Its too painful to explain really it is :'(...
R.e aint tomorro isit? I swear it thursday? Hai hai dont chat air! Please say no lol Peace out x

Starseeker
05-23-2006, 04:21 PM
^Maybe we've got different examining bodies but my R.E is tomorrow. Got textiles on Thursday.

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeh i fink you have cause mine on Friday according to my mates, i acutally signed in and found out lol x

Muezzin
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Moved to 'Education' forum.

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Btw you doing shortcourse? cause that aint tomorra :) Peace n stay blessed x

Kittygyal
05-23-2006, 06:37 PM
salam.
been there done it!! now old so work!!

seeker_of_ilm
05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
:sl:

Ohhh I found English Literature a walk in the park! I can honestly say, I didn't even read the book, and did no revision....and I got an A.

How? I don't know......... I was amazed

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow MashAllah i guess but they made the standards harder trust no jokes...no notes, no annotations no nothing :(...Peace x

seeker_of_ilm
05-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Wow MashAllah i guess but they made the standards harder trust no jokes...no notes, no annotations no nothing :(...Peace x

Yeah I know about the no notes no annotations, no book thing....We were the first year it happened to. No BOOK? I hadn't even read the darn thing...it came as a shock to me as I found out just a few days before the exam. But I somehow passed. And we studied Anita and Me and A view from the Bridge

Inshallah everyone taking exams will pass with flying colours

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Aww, MashAllah anyway akhi, man you must be a very clever breda, Allah keep you as knowledgable in your deen as you are in your lifely studies...Ameen
Fi imanillah x

seeker_of_ilm
05-23-2006, 07:38 PM

Nah...I'm not clever..just had a good teacher, who predicted one of the questions that came up, and made us practice before hand

Anyhooo...Inshallah everybody aces their exams, and May Allah make revision easy for them

x Maz x
05-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Stop being so modest, grab a compliment with two hands when its given to ya lol...Nah MashAllah how you can say i got an A in literature and I aint clever is beyond me akhi

Ameen to the preciious dua
Peace x

arehat
05-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Hw many of u doing Religious education tommorow? my students sitting there paper tommorow hope it goes well fr them all make duass fr them.

Muezzin
05-24-2006, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arehat
Hw many of u doing Religious education tommorow? my students sitting there paper tommorow hope it goes well fr them all make duass fr them.
Is this short course RE? If it is, I remember that being one of the easiest 'examinations' I have ever sat in my entire life. You've got nothing to worry about if you've done at least a modicum of revision.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah RE was so easy. It's weird when you find out you know more about christianity than most of the christians in your class. Weirdddd.

x Maz x
05-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Yup my trial was as easy as reciting my ABC-123 Alhamdilullah got a B! Wohoo, but i think most schools in the area i reside by are doing the full course, so good luck to them and to make you fell better remember I am doing short course lol...Good luck InshAllah you attain the good grades you deserve Peace & Blessings x

seeker_of_ilm
05-24-2006, 02:48 PM

Short course RE....ahh the memories

Easiest Subject on EARTH! Everyone I know Aced it

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Btw you doing shortcourse? cause that aint tomorra :) Peace n stay blessed x
Yep I did the short course and it was today, but my exam board is Edexcel.

x Maz x
05-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Hai hai, i nearly had a heart attack when you said short course was today, Our exam board i think OCR thats why the exam is on Friday...How was it sis?
Peace x

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I always thought that R.E was easy in year 10 for my mock I got an A* and the comes along a new teacher who teaches a load of crap. I was the only one in my whole class that passed and I got a B, DISGRACEFUL. My predicted grade got pulled down to an A... and as a result I hate R.E.

And todays eXam was so hard because I had so much to write and so little time, I had 10 minuites left to do the first section. (I always start from the back of an exam)

chacha_jalebi
05-24-2006, 03:38 PM
:p R.E is hard lol :hmm: but i smashed geography & english wen i did me gcse's bout 2-3 yrs ago :) !! :)

english is jus easy jus gota use ya brain and make it sound like you know what ur talkin bout :)

but gud luck 2 every1 who got exams me finished mine now woo hooo :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Lol we've got a load of boffins in here!

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Geography is easy got 100% on both my DME and coursework and thats work 50% of my finla grade so I'm looking forward to the exam.

English is not so easy but I'm predicted an A (Don't know what the teacher was thinking)

x Maz x
05-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Chacha_jalelbi how wos yo exam?..
Aww bwess Sarah dun woch gyal, hope ya gt good grades...I hope mine ent hard, me not revise or nuin 4 moks n dun realli plan 2 4 de real 1 but myt jus do ma last minutre revision tin' alwys geme thru lol..Jus kp de faith x

x Maz x
05-24-2006, 03:42 PM
U lil geek lol...wow MashAllah das wikid, i preditcted A******** for English *eyes rolly*...Nah only predicted B lol..but it do me fine, tis a pass :D Peace x

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 03:46 PM
The best advice for Exams is [BANANA]eat Bannanas!!![/BANANA]

Seriously, some study showed that it releases potassium slowly so you got more energy for then exam. My school always give everyone bannanas but they came late today:( ... But the good thing is I came late as well so I got mine!

seeker_of_ilm
05-24-2006, 06:57 PM

I wish I was sitting my GCSE's....so straightforward compared to AS/A Levels.

Hijaabi22
05-24-2006, 07:01 PM
OO OO and if anyone did Of Mice and Men what characters did you choose to compare? considering you did do that question...
OF MICE OR MEEEEEEEEEN THAT WAS WAT MY GCSE EXAM WAS ON!! GUYS WHY DIDNT U TELL ME EARLIER I CUDDA HELPED U OUT LOADS I GOTTA A IN THAT!!

jzcasejz
05-24-2006, 07:02 PM

I chose to to do the question on weaknesses...and chose Lennie and Crooks.

And for the poetry i chose the question on nature :X

WAS HAAAAAAARD!

Overall wrote 9 sides :)

Hijaabi22
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Short course RE....ahh the memories

Easiest Subject on EARTH! Everyone I know Aced it
I GOTTA A* BUT NOT EVERY1 DID N IT AINT EASY!!

Hijaabi22
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
I chose to to do the question on weaknesses...and chose Lennie and Crooks.

And for the poetry i chose the question on nature :X

WAS HAAAAAAARD!

Overall wrote 9 sides :)
LENNY N CROOKS I REMEMBER AAAAAAAAAALLL!!!

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Sis Solderess why would you want to remember it all??? It's a phase in my life that I'm trying to forget. Of mice and men? Never heard of it!

Hijaabi22
05-24-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
I thought that it was alright but i guess I'll find out when i get my results!

Just want to ask all of the people that did the of Mice and Men today what Question they choose. 6 or 7???

I chose 6 where you had to compare two Imporatant place but I'm the only person that i know who chose that. Everyone else choose that i know chose 7 where you had to compare the characters.

So SOMEBODY make me feel better abouit myself and tell me that they compared question 6!!
HEY FORGET WAT OTHERS DO U ALWAYS FEEL LIKE DAT WEN U CUM OUTTA AN EXAM I USED TO ALWAYS FEEL THAT ID PIKED THE WRONG QUESTION BUT ALWAYS DID WELL IN IT ALHAMDULILLAH

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
HEY FORGET WAT OTHERS DO U ALWAYS FEEL LIKE DAT WEN U CUM OUTTA AN EXAM I USED TO ALWAYS FEEL THAT ID PIKED THE WRONG QUESTION BUT ALWAYS DID WELL IN IT ALHAMDULILLAH
Well, Mashallah to you! But do i ever do well? NO. In my science modulars I got an A in one of them and B in the other... I assure you that my mum wasn't too happy and that I suffered the concequences. (have to do resits now:( )

jzcasejz
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM

Done RE today...was ok....awaiting results.

I also done foundation for ICT...foundation being similar to the papers dat you do in nursery :rant: I didn't wait 5 years for baby papers :offended:

Hijaabi22
05-24-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
Well, Mashallah to you! But do i ever do well? NO. In my science modulars I got an A in one of them and B in the other... I assure you that my mum wasn't too happy and that I suffered the concequences. (have to do resits now:( )
ERM EXCUSEZ MOI??? U GET A AND B GRADES N YA NOT HAPPY? EHHHHHHHHHH EXPLAIN PLEAZ

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 07:12 PM
ERM EXCUSEZ MOI??? U GET A AND B GRADES N YA NOT HAPPY? EHHHHHHHHHH EXPLAIN PLEAZ
I could have got an A and an A*. then I would have been happy (But i would've still resat the A)

Hijaabi22
05-24-2006, 07:12 PM
[s]huh Wat I Still Dont Understad Why Ud Resit The A Grade Paper?[/s]

seeker_of_ilm
05-24-2006, 07:13 PM
I GOTTA A* BUT NOT EVERY1 DID N IT AINT EASY!!

So did I. And practically everyone I know for that matter. It IS easy, you get to choose the relgion you write about, and the marks are for basic things i.e. Satan is evil...

Hijaabi22
05-24-2006, 07:15 PM
^^ lol dunno bout u but learnin bout christianity i found HAAAAAAAAAARD

Starseeker
05-24-2006, 07:15 PM
[s]huh Wat I Still Dont Understad Why Ud Resit The A Grade Paper?[/s]
Beacuse I can get an A* and the only thing I have to lose if i resit if an hour of my time and noting else. So I'm just going to go fo it. Also- in competition with my mate;D ;D ;D )

x Maz x
05-24-2006, 07:28 PM
:) Me stickin to Islam, tis wah i know most about,...InshAllah ya'll get good grades :) Peace n stay blessed x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.