/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Animal Testing?

Ghazi
05-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Whats the Islamic view on Animal Testing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-23-2006, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Whats the Islamic view on Animal Testing?
I have not been able to find any specific references about animal testing. But let me stick my neck out and state what I do know.

We are permitted to use some animals for food
We are permitted to use some animals as work animals
We are permitted to use some animals as hunting animals
We are permitted to use some animals as protection
We are permitted to use the hides and fur of some animals as clothing

This indicates to me that unless it is stated as haraam we are permitted to use animals in a manner that they will serve us.

Now let us look at the treatment of animals:
We can not deliberatly harm them without cause
We have to care for and protect them
We have to appreciate them as gifts from Allah

With that said I believe the use of animals for testing, research is permitted, provided the research is beneficial to man kind, the research does not involve using the animal in a manner that would constitute using the animal in a manner that would be haraam usage IE: Using a pig to develope edible pork.

Now with that said the testing must provide for proper care of the animal, all care should be taken to prevent suffering in the animal. The animal must be treated with respect and not subject to conditions that would defile it as a gift from God.

those are strictly my opinions astraghfirullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.